5.66%
Other
3.77%
Total votes: 53
Topic Starter
_ralsei
if you use Linux, what distro?
if you use "other", what os?

if you dual (or multi) boot, just select you main os.

i personally use arch linux btw
abraker
Main PC: Win10
Multimedia laptop: Win8.1
Server: Linux minibian 4.4.50-v7+
Phone: Android 5.1.1
Winnyace
I use both Linux Mint 20 XFCE and Windows. I want to have the best of both worlds.
Zelzatter Zero
PC: Windows 10.
Laptop: Windows 7.
Phone: Android Lolipop.
Lights
Manjaro / Arch

Used to keep windows 7 for some stuff but i got tired of wasting space on that
Nuuskamuikkunen
Windows 10 on my PC (Actually it has both windows 7 and 10 in dual boot mode, but 95% of the time I use W10), also I have a tablet with Android 4.4.4. (I am not sure how does that thing stay alive)

Don't know if a Windows XP virtualbox machine count.
samX500
Main PC: windows 10.

Laptop: Linux ubuntu.
Corne2Plum3
Laptop: Windows 10
Laptop 2 who sucks asf: Bodhi Linux
AsaiKentoCH
Laptop 1: Win10 Pro
Laptop 2: Win 10
Laptop 3: macOS catalina
Laptop 4: Win7
Phone: Android 10
Phone 2: iOS 13
TV: Tizen
Lapizote
Windows 10.

tried to use Ubuntu as dual boot, but I never used it so I removed it.
johnmedina999
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
Lapizote

johnmedina999 wrote:

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
ok.
getimiskon
I have installed both Arch Linux, macOS Catalina and Windows 10 on my laptop. But unlike most people who use Windows for games, I rarely use Windows 10 because they suck. Also macOS isn't made for gaming, but it's fun to install and use on non-Apple hardware. And Arch Linux works just fine for me. I play all my games there (and osu! as well) as well...
Winnyace

johnmedina999 wrote:

RMS is proud of you
Rusty af
Windows 10
Zelzatter Zero
Windows 7 cuz why not
Meguro
Windows 10 / Arch Linux as my daily driver

Mac OSX High Sierra in my VM

and Android on my phone

no place for ios cause im poor
Phantonym
Laptop : Windows 10
Phone : Android 9
Makinakia
TempleOS

Mainly Windows 10 and android on PC and phone respectively.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Makinakia wrote:

TempleOS
The true and only OS.
Lapizote

eblf2013 wrote:

Makinakia wrote:

TempleOS
The true and only OS.
ninore
pc: windows 10
phone: Android 9 MIUI 11
Radiohead
PC: Windows 10
Phone: iPhone 6/iOS
Winnyace

axl2468 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Makinakia wrote:

TempleOS
The true and only OS.
he has a lot of great clips, but I fear I'd get muted if I posted them here.