forum

Kontinuum - Lost (feat. Savoi) [Sunroof Remix] [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
eyes
Fontes

02:32:205 - 02:24:525 - shouldn't here be some Kick hitsound for snare emphasize? example: 02:28:365 - same for last diff, didn't check others

I have problem with your priorities. Some 1/8 sounds (let's call them "woobs") are mapped as triple LN and some are mapped as 1/8 rolls, main difference is intense and pitch of woobs. Don't you think it's way too different ways to represent such similar sounds?

I'm pretty sure you can make it more clear and systematic so it doesn't look random.
For example 02:38:925 - and 02:46:605 - are literally the same sounds but mapped differently.

My suggestion:
When kiai passes, make all long woobs as 1/8 rolls. For example:
02:23:565 - this should be a roll, but 02:25:485 - these are fine as triple LNs because of often pitch changing
02:29:325 - this is also good for roll
etc. I hope you got my point

-----
SV

I believe 02:13:965 (133965|2,133965|3,134025|0,134085|1,134145|2) - and 02:14:205 (134205|1,134205|0) - are pretty similar (they are kinda two halfs of one sound). But the SV power difference is so big that it makes it look like these are pretty different sound when they are not.

My suggestion:
02:13:965 - nerf this SV to maybe 1.5x>0.5x or something like that so it doesn't stand out so much

I checked only second half of the map so you might want to apply it for the first half as well
riunosk
emotional drift

00:40:365 - tbh i'd prefer if the stream pattern was continued here (same goes for the others, if any)
01:36:165 - why not add note at col 3 for the sound
01:36:525 (96525|2) - i think it's better to follow the sound only rather than vocal
01:44:205 (104205|3,104445|1,104685|1) - i'm not really sure what these are following
02:14:505 - hey you did continue the stream here

yeah this is definitely rank material
Topic Starter
Dreamwalker
DD lmao

Big thanks to lulu again

Will ask fontes for quick check but I guess those stuffs are already discussed and have lower chance of being fixed.

riunosk wrote:

emotional drift

00:40:365 - tbh i'd prefer if the stream pattern was continued here (same goes for the others, if any)

Nope. For different emphasis between kiai 1 and 2, as you already know.

01:36:165 - why not add note at col 3 for the sound

I followed pitch with strong sounds that are noticable with 100% speed.

01:36:525 (96525|2) - i think it's better to follow the sound only rather than vocal

It's not for vocal, definitely.

01:44:205 (104205|3,104445|1,104685|1) - i'm not really sure what these are following

Same with above, pitch, but with a bit of hand balance.

02:14:505 - hey you did continue the stream here

yes

yeah this is definitely rank material

some might not think that way, i'm just trying to respect their opinions
thanks for stoping by
Topic Starter
Dreamwalker
Okay, sorry for being a bit late. Replying by myself based on what Fontes said before.

eyes wrote:

Fontes

02:32:205 - 02:24:525 - shouldn't here be some Kick hitsound for snare emphasize? example: 02:28:365 - same for last diff, didn't check others

This was intentional in order to emphasize 02:24:765 - . Also that sound is snare focused, not kick.

I have problem with your priorities. Some 1/8 sounds (let's call them "woobs") are mapped as triple LN and some are mapped as 1/8 rolls, main difference is intense and pitch of woobs. Don't you think it's way too different ways to represent such similar sounds?

I'm pretty sure you can make it more clear and systematic so it doesn't look random.
For example 02:38:925 - and 02:46:605 - are literally the same sounds but mapped differently.

So basically it's like woobs wubs weebs or whatever and the structure is 1/8 streem with stutter -> slowjam LN.
However, that first triple LN is, for emphasis of a new section starting, which is expressed with different SVs.

My suggestion:
When kiai passes, make all long woobs as 1/8 rolls. For example:
02:23:565 - this should be a roll, but 02:25:485 - these are fine as triple LNs because of often pitch changing
02:29:325 - this is also good for roll
etc. I hope you got my point

-----
SV

I believe 02:13:965 (133965|2,133965|3,134025|0,134085|1,134145|2) - and 02:14:205 (134205|1,134205|0) - are pretty similar (they are kinda two halfs of one sound). But the SV power difference is so big that it makes it look like these are pretty different sound when they are not.

My suggestion:
02:13:965 - nerf this SV to maybe 1.5x>0.5x or something like that so it doesn't stand out so much

Well, they are still different sounds and somehow played okay, so I believe it'll be okay. Also slowjam isn't that weak comparing with stutters.

I checked only second half of the map so you might want to apply it for the first half as well
Thanks for stopping by.
Kawawa
we considered it for a long time and It seems concluded.
checked all once again. ok! move on now!

+ not popped after bubble status. since nothing updated. just saying in case.
DDMythical
-mint-

DDMythical wrote:

change the denser js bursts into one hand trills LOL
shionelove
i was going to put modding about ghost notes here,but it was already discovered by QAT and NOT FIXED.

i don't want to talk about mapping quality because i can't handle this kind of 4k properly but...I have to say ghost notes should be NEVER allowed.
drama incoming?
Topic Starter
Dreamwalker

shionelove wrote:

i was going to put modding about ghost notes here,but it was already discovered by QAT and NOT FIXED.

i don't want to talk about mapping quality because i can't handle this kind of 4k properly but...I have to say ghost notes should be NEVER allowed.
drama incoming?
Hi drama :lol:

There's no note that is not justified. Me, protastic, and other mappers concluded there's no such ghost note, it's just about audibility, and that matters by people to people which both qat and my decision could be justified. I don't want to be too serious about mapping stuff, but please, read former posts carefully in order not to make any dramas or useless disputes.
DDMythical
shionelove
time has changed
DDMythical
-mint-
times have indeed changed.
error_exe777
5 hours LMAO
shionelove
i googled that words and got angry.it's worth giving him 10 hours again.
Because here is forum i should post where ghost notes are i feel.
it's around 00:08,called build up in music theory.snare rhythm is not simple 1/4,so some 2nd note in two-notes-jack are ghost,and others are not.
anyway,it depends on community,if QAT says 2+2=5,it's 5.
FAMoss
grats!
DDMythical
Topic Starter
Dreamwalker
Again, please read former posts thoroughly before you post something.
As I said, you can find the reasons why I started ranking process again, and two BNs have nominated this map.

Replying only for your convenience, not to make you read all the discussions.

shionelove wrote:

it's around 00:08,called build up in music theory.snare rhythm is not simple 1/4,so some 2nd note in two-notes-jack are ghost,and others are not. anyway,it depends on community,if QAT says 2+2=5,it's 5.
First, I apologize to you and ddmythical for my misunderstandings of your post, not providing a proper explanation, and being an indirect cause of emotional responses. I thought your post was about other parts. However, I hope you two don't blame me too much since there were no timing points in the first post which could be a hint for me.

Going back to the point you've mentioned, those notes are not for snares. It's for the flow of the sounds. Rather than interpreting indistinct sounds with unsure snappings, notes are placed equally as 1/4 streams. This semi-dump is used for better play and visuals. I and protastic, and few other people who I asked for testplays had some discussions about that part but ended up with keeping the current patterns, since it does not cause any big problems.

P.S.
If QAT says 2+2=5, it's still 4. QATs have their power, yet they are the same mappers. They can make mistakes, they may have different view and understandings about mapping, and their own rules for ranked section may change. We mappers, individually have rights to deny QATs' suggestion if we think there are proper reasons for keeping our own patterns, although we may be wrong, and that's why we can have diversity in ranked section.

Why would 2 BNs just icon a map without changing patterns that QAT's suggested? There's one straightforward answer, the mapper did not necessarily have to follow that suggestion. If you want to post any other problems, I strongly ask you to read former posts and make your post to be constructive. Simply pouring your emotions and dissatisfaction here does not improve my map, nor help anyone to maintain neutral emotions towards others.

Also, please think once more before posting anything. Do not make any drama.

shionelove wrote:

drama incoming?
This is not a good attitude as a person who wants to point out problems of other mapper's map. I cannot be friendly to a person who potentially can cause a drama, or who is willing to cause a drama for the map's disqualification.
-mint-

Dreamwalker wrote:

If QAT says 2+2=5, it's still 4. QATs have their power, yet they are the same mappers. They can make mistakes, they may have different view and understandings about mapping, and their own rules for ranked section may change. We mappers, individually have rights to deny QATs' suggestion if we think there are proper reasons for keeping our own patterns, although we may be wrong, and that's why we can have diversity in ranked section.

I love you
Kawawa

shionelove wrote:

it depends on community,if QAT says 2+2=5,it's 5.
They don't force anything unreasonably It's just a difference of opinion. you can discuss with them If the opinions are different.
for mania they're just trying to make the reasonable judgments in their standpoints.
Pachiru
Asherz always taught me that Mania section was a peaceful place... LIAR !! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(