forum

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Visceral-

QTS wrote:

Doesn't the user rating tell you something about this map?

Because it seems pretty obvious to me and a large amount of the community that this map should NOT, under any circumstances, be ranked.

First of all, the map is VERY disliked. This is probably due to the actual quality of the beatmap where I've to agree with Nelly:

Nelly wrote:

The first thing I want to say its this map. Okay, the song is very sick,but these fucking notes are godly awful. Not THE WORST but still. Its just a slider spam that it requires a hugs randon shot.

And last, fun. Pretty much every map should be player with fun. /.../ but he forgot the quality of this map.
That the quality of the map in this case is non-existant.

Secondly, this map just seems, a spam of wierd sliders, TAG-4 Jumps, etc.

I love the song, and I would love for the map to go somewhere but like it is right now? No way. I think it's awful in its current state and the fact that it even got qualified makes me feel that BN:s are not taking it seriously at all.

Also, if you don't believe me and want some more "insight" from the community, go ahead and read the Reddit thread of this map, because right now it feels like Mr. Monstrata isn't listening to what the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY thinks of the map, but instead just says thinks like:

Monstrata wrote:

I think you're missing the central theme of this map, but hopefully I explained (MY PERSONAL) reasonable points as best I could. I'm kinda looking forward to moddingv2 so I don't have to keep copy/pasting replies /.../
Anyhow, that's my opinions and some of the communities. And here is the link to the reddit thread.
You're listening to a VOCAL minority, not an OVERWHELMING majority. Reddit is not an OVERWHELMING portion of the community. Also, I understand that a player of any rank can point out technical and aesthetic flaws in a map of any difficulty. There are a ton of really helpful members of the community that have contributed a massive amount to maps that they can't pass. However, when it comes to judging a map's "fun" amount, how can Nelly tell if it's a fun map when he can't even pass it? And where are the facts? You can't just blindly say a map isn't fun and then not contribute anything...
Rapthorn
You're listening to a VOCAL minority, not an OVERWHELMING majority. Reddit is not an OVERWHELMING portion of the community. Also, I understand that a player of any rank can point out technical and aesthetic flaws in a map of any difficulty. There are a ton of really helpful members of the community that have contributed a massive amount to maps that they can't pass. However, when it comes to judging a map's "fun" amount, how can Nelly tell if it's a fun map when he can't even pass it? And where are the facts? You can't just blindly say a map isn't fun and then not contribute anything...
I'd say the user rating pretty much shows an overwhelming majority, being the lowest rated map ever made by a mile and all.
jawns

QTS wrote:

Because it seems pretty obvious to me and a large amount of the community that this map should NOT, under any circumstances, be ranked.

First of all, the map is VERY disliked. This is probably due to the actual quality of the beatmap where I've to agree with Nelly:
If it was a good idea to rank maps based on what the community thinks, we wouldn't have a quality assurance system in the first place.
-Visceral-

Rapthorn wrote:

I'd say the user rating pretty much shows an overwhelming majority, being the lowest rated map ever made by a mile and all.
Again, it's a vocal minority. There are plenty of people who support the map who didn't rate it and who aren't being vocal because they are fine with the map.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Maybe people downvoted cuz they didn't like me? or that they thought the song was too hard? You can't determine the intention for someone's 1 vote xD. Loctav currently has the most downvoted map on osu. Does that make him or the map bad? No. Some taiko BN's tell me t's actually good... but you can clearly see people DTNF'ing it with like 50 points just to downvote to spite him.
fieryrage
I'll just restate again, I don't mind the map itself but not having AR 10 or OD 10 is really questionable considering the BPM and chance to notelock.
Yunomi

QTS wrote:

Nelly wrote:

The first thing I want to say its this map. Okay, the song is very sick,but these fucking notes are godly awful. Not THE WORST but still. Its just a slider spam that it requires a hugs randon shot.

And last, fun. Pretty much every map should be player with fun. /.../ but he forgot the quality of this map.
That the quality of the map in this case is non-existant.

Secondly, this map just seems, a spam of wierd sliders, TAG-4 Jumps, etc.

I love the song, and I would love for the map to go somewhere but like it is right now? No way. I think it's awful in its current state and the fact that it even got qualified makes me feel that BN:s are not taking it seriously at all.

Also, if you don't believe me and want some more "insight" from the community, go ahead and read the Reddit thread of this map, because right now it feels like Mr. Monstrata isn't listening to what the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY thinks of the map, but instead just says thinks like:

Monstrata wrote:

I think you're missing the central theme of this map, but hopefully I explained (MY PERSONAL) reasonable points as best I could. I'm kinda looking forward to moddingv2 so I don't have to keep copy/pasting replies /.../
Anyhow, that's my opinions and some of the communities. And here is the link to the reddit thread.
user rating doesn't mean shit lol
Kimitakari

Smoothie World wrote:

However, when it comes to judging a map's "fun" amount, how can Nelly tell if it's a fun map when he can't even pass it?
I cant pass it yeah but I can make a verdict of it of how is it "good or bad?"
Shiirn
Monstrata's not entirely wrong, a lot of 1 votes are used as a "fuck you" button.

But you have to wonder what the players are pressing "fuck you" for. For me, with Final Answer, years ago, it was because I made myself the enemy of the entire chinese community. For Loctav, it was a particular comment he made blah blah. Either case, in both cases, the "fuck you" was done regardless of the map. It was because me and Loctav pissed people off by being dicks.

I'm pretty sure the "fuck you"s for this map aren't entirely because you pissed off people in a separate situation, Monstrata.
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

Looking at the map's user rating, the OVERWHELMING majority dislikes the map. I never mentioned reddit as the overwhelming majority but there are comments on there that opinionate the map as a whole, likewise here. As I mentioned, I think that the map consists of low-quality "spam streams" as well as TAG-4 Jumps. Also, half-ish of the map consists of a very slow-phased phase, and now don't get me wrong, I like when mappers use those as "breaks" but for me, I think that close to half of the map being of that charachter, is too much. That being said, I personally find the map of low-quality. I love the song itself and would like for the map to get ranked, although NOT in its current state.

Also, I'm actually interested in your opinion on the map, mind sharing?

Edit: Also, there are LOTS of high players that are saying that this map shouldn't be ranked. Hence Sanze saying "cancer", Astar mentioning the TAG4 jumps and Rafis said on stream that this map should NEVER be ranked.
Rapthorn

Monstrata wrote:

Maybe people downvoted cuz they didn't like me? or that they thought the song was too hard? You can't determine the intention for someone's 1 vote xD. Loctav currently has the most downvoted map on osu. Does that make him or the map bad? No. Some taiko BN's tell me t's actually good... but you can clearly see people DTNF'ing it with like 50 points just to downvote to spite him.
If people really disliked you every map of yours would have a terrible rating right? And im pretty sure you know the 1's are not actually because of the star rating or the song for most people this time.
Underforest
I'll try to help out here

02:50:353 - this red point you should do it 7/4 instead of 4/4 imo
03:11:415 (1) - end this at 03:13:440 - if you're trying to follow vocal
04:42:747 - add 109 BPM redline
04:44:784 - change this to 114 BPM
04:45:311 (1) - you can make this heart slider much better than now
234,109,285311,6,0,B|234:102|203:78|143:78|136:142|109:196|189:209|257:289|257:289|324:209|404:196|377:142|370:78|310:78|277:102|278:116,1,599.999981689454,2|2,0:0|0:2,0:0:0:0:
04:49:426 (1) - at the spinner end you can put a whistle here

even if it's too harder it's a great map, don't let the user rating let winny upload continue his road
if I didn't helped, don't gimme kudosu
uee
Do people genuinely think that 02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) this is a rankable pattern? Random cross screen square jumps? I swear I've seen this before... Oh yeah! In a fucking tag 4 map.
Whoever decided that this is good enough quality to be added to the osu! map pool needs to be permanently removed from their position; they have no clue what they are talking about.

Smoothie World wrote:

However, when it comes to judging a map's "fun" amount, how can Nelly tell if it's a fun map when he can't even pass it? And where are the facts? You can't just blindly say a map isn't fun and then not contribute anything...
There have been multiple people from the top 50 state negative feelings about the map. Can they have an opinion on it, or can you find some other excuse?

Smoothie World wrote:

However, when it comes to judging a map's "fun" amount, how can Nelly tell if it's a fun map when he can't even pass it? And where are the facts? You can't just blindly say a map isn't fun and then not contribute anything...
What facts do you want? Would it help if I measured the amount of pixels between each jump, and labeled it "too fucking many"?

Regardless, fun isn't a factor on how maps are ranked and shouldn't ever be; it's subjective. Graces of Heaven is pretty fun for those who can play it I expect, but it should never by any means be ranked. Maps should be based on ranking conventions, many of which this map shoves the middle finger to but gets through anyway.
QTS

Shiirn wrote:

Monstrata's not entirely wrong, a lot of 1 votes are used as a "fuck you" button.

But you have to wonder what the players are pressing "fuck you" for. For me, with Final Answer, years ago, it was because I made myself the enemy of the entire chinese community. For Loctav, it was a particular comment he made blah blah. Either case, in both cases, the "fuck you" was done regardless of the map. It was because me and Loctav pissed people off by being dicks.

I'm pretty sure the "fuck you"s for this map aren't entirely because you pissed off people in a separate situation, Monstrata.
Totally agree with this, I should have mentioned it as well, but I guess there's no need for me to do it anymore since you did it yourself :D
Enkidu

QTS wrote:

Looking at the map's user rating, the OVERWHELMING majority dislikes the map.
The majority of the players who use the rating system have given it a low rating. The majority of active players do not even use this system (though I could be wrong here, to be fair).

QTS wrote:

Also, half-ish of the map consists of a very slow-phased phase, and now don't get me wrong, I like when mappers use those as "breaks" but for me, I think that close to half of the map being of that charachter, is too much.
The song itself consists of a very slow part after the ridiculously fast part. Can't map it to be ridiculously fast like the rest of the song if it's slow.
QTS

Enkidu wrote:

QTS wrote:

Looking at the map's user rating, the OVERWHELMING majority dislikes the map.
The majority of the players who use the rating system have given it a low rating. The majority of active players do not even use this system (though I could be wrong here, to be fair).

QTS wrote:

Also, half-ish of the map consists of a very slow-phased phase, and now don't get me wrong, I like when mappers use those as "breaks" but for me, I think that close to half of the map being of that charachter, is too much.
The song itself consists of a very slow part after the ridiculously fast part. Can't map it to be ridiculously fast like the rest of the song if it's slow.
Then maybe the song isn't supposed to be a 8*+ song in the first place, although this is only my personal opinion.
Kimitakari
User ratings are just the same as making a review to the game by yourself but instead its a map. The user should feel a comfortable notes and patterns not this miss kick
Rapthorn
I don't understand why people have an issue with the 2 last minutes of the map being slow, honestly. It had to be made to fit the song, and having a long slow part towards the end is not unheard of before this.

Cosmic cortex has 3 minutes of extremely boring mapping before the map even starts but i didnt see nearly as much shit then.
-Visceral-
Looking at the map's user rating, the OVERWHELMING majority dislikes the map. I never mentioned reddit as the overwhelming majority but there are comments on there that opinionate the map as a whole, likewise here.
Look at Shiirn's most recent post. Not gonna explain this one again. He explains it well.

As I mentioned, I think that the map consists of low-quality "spam streams" as well as TAG-4 Jumps.
There's not a single stream over 5 notes. Stop pulling false facts out of your ass. Also, what do you even consider "TAG-4 Jumps?" I'm going to assume you mean cross-screen jumps, which there are a couple, but they match the music and aren't consistent throughout the map. They are only when the song calls for them.

Ok, let's just call up the artists of the song and ask them to scream for another 2-3 minutes so we have a more interesting second half of the song.

Also, I'm actually interested in your opinion on the map, mind sharing?
I'm surprised. You seem to be sooo knowledgeable about the community's overall opinion, but you failed to notice the mod I just posted before you made all these bullshit statements.
Enkidu

Smoothie World wrote:

Ok, let's just call up the artists of the song and ask them to scream for another 2-3 minutes so we have a more interesting second half of the song.
This is precisely what I was thinking, but I worded it differently, lol
Noah Alcubierre
I'd have personally preferred that current mods are not simply entirely rejected in sake of defending the qualification status of the map but instead noted and considered as a real suggestion in case this map gets dq'd so the map COULD be better in a way that the community won't spam a load of "fuck you"s at the map.
jawns

Nelly wrote:

User ratings are just the same as making a review to the game by yourself but instead its a map. The user should feel a comfortable notes and patterns not this miss kick
If we talk about user ratings, then really, shouldn't we look at the positive ones?
If you don't like a map, you might vote 1 star, and then never play it again.
However, the user ratings tells me, that at least 19 people enjoyed this map. This is more than the latest ranked map. Surely, if a lot of people enjoy the map, that's enough reason to rank it, regardless of how many people dislike it?
usephysics

Smoothie World wrote:

You're listening to a VOCAL minority, not an OVERWHELMING majority. Reddit is not an OVERWHELMING portion of the community.
Even though reddit isnt a large portion of the community, 99% of people on Reddit agree this map shouldn't be ranked. And since anyone can post on Reddit and its not like theres a serious bias against monstrata, the percentage can reflect on the entirety of the community

And I know circlejerking is a factor, but the thing is people on Reddit really like Monstrata, and also osu isnt really something you circlejerk about
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

Look at Shiirn's most recent post. Not gonna explain this one again. He explains it well.
Agreed.

Smoothie World wrote:

There's not a single stream over 5 notes. Stop pulling false facts out of your ass. Also, what do you even consider "TAG-4 Jumps?" I'm going to assume you mean cross-screen jumps, which there are a couple, but they match the music and aren't consistent throughout the map. They are only when the song calls for them.
Didn't mean streams, meant sliders. I'm not too familar with forum posting so I'll go ahead and snatch what I meant from someone else:

Minifrij wrote:

02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1)
This is the pathern I was talking about.

Smoothie World wrote:

Then maybe this map shouldn't be a 8*+ map, but yet again, that's only me.

Smoothie World wrote:

I'm surprised. You seem to be sooo knowledgeable about the community's overall opinion, but you failed to notice the mod I just posted before you made all these bullshit statements.
Yup missed that Mr. Douchebag.

Going to sleep now, maybe I'll reply to you tomorrows, pce.
-Visceral-

usephysics wrote:

Smoothie World wrote:

You're listening to a VOCAL minority, not an OVERWHELMING majority. Reddit is not an OVERWHELMING portion of the community.
Even though reddit isnt a large portion of the community, 99% of people on Reddit agree this map shouldn't be ranked. And since anyone can post on Reddit and its not like theres a serious bias against monstrata, the percentage can reflect on the entirety of the community

And I know circlejerking is a factor, but the thing is people on Reddit really like Monstrata, and also osu isnt really something you circlejerk about
Reddit is, again, a vocal minority. The people in support of the map aren't gonna comment "I like this map," and if they do, they will just get downvoted to shit and buried and they know it. They're "hidden," if you will. There's plenty of people on Reddit who like the map, but they simply aren't posting it. I want you to go into Reddit, and come back and send me one comment from the thread from a person that has contributed to the map via a mod.
-Visceral-
Didn't mean streams, meant sliders. I'm not too familar with forum posting so I'll go ahead and snatch what I meant from someone else:

Minifrij wrote:

02:55:471 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1)
This is the pathern I was talking about.
I think you might want to actually click that and see what pattern it takes you to, and then correct yourself.

Ok, let's get peppy instead. Surely he can change the star rating algorithm just for this map so that it isn't 8 stars.

Yup missed that Mr. Douchebag.

Going to sleep now, maybe I'll reply to you tomorrows, pce
Nice creative insult :) I'm deeply offended.
uee

Smoothie World wrote:

Ok, let's get peppy instead. Surely he can change the star rating algorithm just for this map so that it isn't 8 stars.
I think he meant maybe the patterns on this map shouldn't be so retarded that it pushes the map to be >8*. Stop trying to be a smart ass, it doesn't help your case whatsoever.
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

I think you might want to actually click that and see what pattern it takes you to, and then correct yourself.
That's the "TAG4 Jumps" I was talking about.
-Visceral-
I think he meant maybe the patterns on this map shouldn't be so retarded that it pushes the map to be >8*. Stop trying to be a smart ass, it doesn't help your case whatsoever.
If that pattern is deleted entirely, the star rating goes down an entire 0.09 stars. It's gonna be over 8 stars either way.
-Visceral-

QTS wrote:

Smoothie World wrote:

That's the "TAG4 Jumps" I was talking about.
You said slider jumps but ok. Do you have a suggestion to change them? What pattern would you otherwise suggest?
uee

Smoothie World wrote:

If that pattern is deleted entirely, the star rating goes down an entire 0.09 stars. It's gonna be over 8 stars either way.
That implies there is only one pattern that shouldn't be ranked in that entire map. If you change all the things that are stupid to a point that they are playable (IE every 280BPM massively spaced single tap pattern) then the map could be closer to a more accurate rating.
Right now it just looks like someone who has had the game installed for 2 months tried making a heavy metal map and over exaggerated everything to add 'challenge'.
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

You said slider jumps but ok. Do you have a suggestion to change them? What pattern would you otherwise suggest?
I don't have a lot of mapping knowledge, but I would like something more doable and not TAG4-like jumps
-Visceral-

Minifrij wrote:

Smoothie World wrote:

That implies there is only one pattern that shouldn't be ranked in that entire map. If you change all the things that are stupid to a point that they are playable (IE every 280BPM massively spaced single tap pattern) then the map could be closer to a more accurate rating.
Right now it just looks like someone who has had the game installed for 2 months tried making a heavy metal map and over exaggerated everything to add 'challenge'.
Alright, I want to challenge you to something then. I want you to link all of the patterns that you feel should be changed, why they should be changed, and what you think would be the best pattern you can possibly change them to. If you can't do those three simple things, then you don't deserve to be bashing the map. If you do those 3 things, then cool, you positively impacted the map.
Pacemaker

fieryrage wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

Wtf does that even mean. Collectively hating/liking something does not equal circlejerking. Even good mappers get shit ratings when they fuck up
because i'm sure a majority of these red votes are from people who this map isn't even intended for.
There we have it. This map was, in fact, intended for no one. The only people who are defending it don't care about playing it, they're just trying to get some point across for whatever reason
-Visceral-

QTS wrote:

Smoothie World wrote:

I don't have a lot of mapping knowledge, but I would like something more doable and not TAG4-like jumps
So basically, you went through all of this, and you don't even have a solution. I recommend shutting your mouth unless you have something positive to contribute. You can't just say something is bad and then not have a reason behind it and then use your lack of mapping knowledge as an excuse. If you don't have mapping knowledge or anything to contribute, then don't say anything. It's very simple.
jawns

Pacemaker wrote:

There we have it. This map was, in fact, intended for no one. The only people who are defending it don't care about playing it, they're just trying to get some point across for whatever reason
I played the map and enjoyed it. Your argument is invalid.
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

So basically, you went through all of this, and you don't even have a solution. I recommend shutting your mouth unless you have something positive to contribute. You can't just say something is bad and then not have a reason behind it and then use your lack of mapping knowledge as an excuse. If you don't have mapping knowledge or anything to contribute, then don't say anything. It's very simple.
Now it seems like you're implying that players are not allowed to have an opinion if they don't have any mapping knowledge. What I'm saying is that I think the jumps are too hard and they need to be toned down. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that the jumps are way too difficult. It's indeed very simple.
-Visceral-

QTS wrote:

Smoothie World wrote:

Now it seems like you're implying that players are not allowed to have an opinion if they don't have any mapping knowledge. What I'm saying is that I think the jumps are too hard and they need to be toned down. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that the jumps are way too difficult. It's indeed very simple.
...but why do you feel that way? Elaborate. Go into the editor, go to the patterns you feel should be altered, and post them here, say why you feel they should be altered, and what the mapper can do better in that pattern. I do believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, but an opinion without reasoning is worthless to share publicly.
QTS

Smoothie World wrote:

...but why do you feel that way? Elaborate. Go into the editor, go to the patterns you feel should be altered, and post them here, say why you feel they should be altered, and what the mapper can do better in that pattern. I do believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, but an opinion without reasoning is worthless to share publicly.
I feel that way because... the jumps are too hard? That's my entire reasoning behind it, it seems very hard to hit those jumps, and I feel that they can be referenced towards the jumps used in TAG4 maps. Maybe I'll to it later today, if I have the time, right now it's 2:30 AM and I need some sleep badly.

Also, I'd like to apologize for being rude earlier, sorry.
Warpyc
Obviously the biggest issue with this map is that it's made intentionally worse looking, which is why people dislike it so much, its not like they downvote the map because they dislike Monstrata, actually the community loves monstrata or well at least used to. They are simply trying to make their voices heard in this.

It's obvious that this map has an issue so why not fix the issue instead of ignoring it and shrugging it off with some far fetched it fits the music or whatever, honestly how thick headed can you be, learn to accept some feedback, get off your high horse and fix the actual problem with this map.

I think most of us knows that there lies a good map below this, why dont you bring that map forward instead of this heap of drama and hate that you've managed to bring upon yourself.
show more