forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
unko
i wish i would stop losing 20 points for stamina scores when i miss on a jump 10 combo before the end :(

(or in the case of rage of demon: 2 combo before the end)
blahpy
Looks like one of my scores got missed or something. Will it appear the next time the server automatically goes through top 100s or is it missed for good?
abraker

blahpy wrote:

Looks like one of my scores got missed or something. Will it appear the next time the server automatically goes through top 100s or is it missed for good?
How long did you wait (in addition to the 30 min since your post)?
blahpy

abraker wrote:

blahpy wrote:

How long did you wait (in addition to the 30 min since your post)?
44 hours before my post. My profile claims to have updated "less than a minute ago" several times during that period.
Damnjelly
Why do nofail scores count towards precision?

As far as i can tell, the things that precision measures is difficulty of the map and circlesize. Usually the hard scores that give a lot of precision score are cs9.1 maps, usually paired with hp10 or 9 making them quite difficult to pass in the first place. Making nofail score count towards this skill? It goes against that what makes precision challenging, surviving high hp drain maps with extremely low circle size.

ps: really like all the stuff you guys are doing, this was just the one complaint i had :)
Aguss
What the hell does ambitious mean?? :p http://prntscr.com/at6cfa
abraker

Aguss wrote:

What the hell does ambitious mean?? :p http://prntscr.com/at6cfa
See FAQ
Yuudachi-kun
Wtb removal of 368 people's scores so this ~800 stamina score can be put into system

heheheheh

:cry:
abraker
I believe this kind of thing will be worse with the reading skill since EZ scores tend to never make it high enough. I am not sure what can be done
Yuudachi-kun

abraker wrote:

I believe this kind of thing will be worse with the reading skill since EZ scores tend to never make it high enough. I am not sure what can be done
You could input it manually for people that submit their score appearing on the leaderboard with all of its stats.

Except that would be unwieldy.
abraker
There are several players telling me that there are issues with scores being recorded. If the there are issues with scores not being recorded, tell to Kert and not me. I don't manage web system, I work on the skill formulas and the software backend.
unko

abraker wrote:

adding user's recent plays (excluding fails) is the only thing i can think of (which you know as i bitch about to this thread everyday would also help for other stats)
but kert's already spoken about the issues of implementing this, so i'm out of ideas :o
Klockster
The FAQ on titles is a bit confusing :|
abraker

Klockster wrote:

The FAQ on titles is a bit confusing :|
Yellow boxes mean which skills the titles are associated with. If the associated skills are higher than any other skills, then thats the title you have.
MillhioreF
The get_scores API function allows for grabbing mod leaderboards, so it would certainly be possible to do an initial population round for all mod combos involving EZ to fill out the leaderboard.
Keeping it maintained would be tricky, probably the best solution would be letting users type in map IDs they want to have re-scanned for new best performances to be added to their list.
blahpy

MillhioreF wrote:

Keeping it maintained would be tricky, probably the best solution would be letting users type in map IDs they want to have re-scanned for new best performances to be added to their list.
This would let people fix their scores that didn't get submitted for whatever reason too
Yuudachi-kun

blahpy wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

This would let people fix their scores that didn't get submitted for whatever reason too
Waiting for this so I can submit ojamajo. ;)
unko
waiting for this so i can submit fascination oh
Houtarou Oreki
not waiting for this
Kao

Looks like osu!skills website is Down...

:|
Rust_omg

Kao wrote:

Looks like osu!skills website is Down...

:|
dont panic
the situation is under control
Yuudachi-kun
Hey abraker, how is your osuskills points calculated? At the moment I basically go with the assumption that only scores above your current point total will increase your score but I have no clue.
abraker

Khelly wrote:

Hey abraker, how is your osuskills points calculated? At the moment I basically go with the assumption that only scores above your current point total will increase your score but I have no clue.
If you mean by how the scores are calculated to come up with the final skill value, then it work like pp. The decay might be set to something else though. As far as I know, top ten are the ones that have any significant value.
Yuudachi-kun
If you only had one score recorded worth X amount of points, how much would you have total.
silmarilen
there are banned people still in the rankings http://osuskills.tk/top/accuracy/country/gb/page/1
abraker

Khelly wrote:

If you only had one score recorded worth X amount of points, how much would you have total.
One recorded score is equal to 0.05*x
Yuudachi-kun
If I get a score that's not top 1k and but it appears on my top 100 then falls out of my top 100, does it get deleted from osuskills when it updates? Mathew told me that happened to him but I don't believe it.
Topic Starter
Kert
If you're talking about top 100 PP scores then Mathew is right.
We'll change this in future though
Yuudachi-kun
Would this extend to replacing existing scores that would lower your osuskills score because of more misses?
Topic Starter
Kert
Only one score per user on a certain map will be stored (that has more score points like in official osu! database) right now
Rad-
Why hasn't this map been added yet? https://osu.ppy.sh/b/912585?m=0

Does it take like a week after a map has been in ranked to add scores?
meii69
Hi there. this card https://osu.ppy.sh/b/893696?m=0 not avaible on osu!skills now. fix pls
Topic Starter
Kert
Should be fine now.
Also, with the help of Auji's feedback I found why the site misses some scores. Will be fixed soon!
I will also try to restore all lost scores from the last 4 days.
The Emperor
when can we expect to see the "Reading" skills?
abraker

Leggo wrote:

when can we expect to see the "Reading" skills?
Maybe in a couple months *fingers crossed*

Meanwhile, the Reaction Skill is 97% complete. Just need to finalize the scale and transfer to the main codebase.
Captain Teemo
I have 2 issues with this page, while it's pretty cool to be able to classify yourself by your strengths, it makes me mad when my friend, who's clearly a lot worse than me in any sense, is on a higher ranking than me in some of the aspects on the page because his top 100 plays has more stamina focused maps while most of my scores are agility focused maps. But that doesn't mean I'm in any means worse than him on stamina maps, in fact, I can FC all his maps easily while he can't even keep up with 220 bpm streams. I'm really consistent at long streams but even if I get better score than him on those maps, if it's not on the top 1000 world ranking it won't count which is absurd because it counts for him just because he has it on his top 100 plays. Long story short, ALL plays you do should be counted for you osu!skills profile or else it won't truly reflect your actual skill as it only displays your top 100 plays and top 1000 which is not always easy to get. I mean, its no "that hard" to get top 1000 on some maps but if it's a popular one, not even with a relatively decent high accuracy FC score will make it.

The second problem I have is the fact that how DT scores absolutely destroys normal-time plays (let it be nomod, hardrock, etc) for the stamina or tenacity stat. I can easily do all my friends DT scores with better accuracy and he struggles FC'ing my scores, but guess what, those DT scores worth more. But that just might be me, just a little complain I have towards to the formula. Hopefully this page will get bigger everyday! Keep up with the good work :)
abraker

Captain Teemo wrote:

The second problem is how DT absolutely destroys normal-time plays (let it be nomod, hardrock, etc) for the stamina or tenacity stat. I can easily do all my friends DT scores with better accuracy and he struggles FC'ing my scores, but guess what, those DT scores worth more.
If we could get all of the scores, this wouldn't be a problem.

Then...

Captain Teemo wrote:

Long story short, ALL plays you do should be counted for you osu!skills profile or it won't truly reflect your actual skill as it only displays a part of it only showing your top 100 plays. I mean, its no "hard" to get top 1000 on some maps but if its popular, not even a relatively decent high accuracy FC will make it.
Read the FAQ
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw if all the plays you had were counted I'd have 700 stamina points by now. At least I think a 790 would get me to 700.

Also tbh road of resistance isn't a good example of a stamina map. 200 bpm is easily infinitely streamable.
Tohru Kobayashi
This is super cool!
Riana
Is currently existing skill's calculation getting updated continuously?
show more