forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker

Klockster wrote:

The FAQ on titles is a bit confusing :|
Yellow boxes mean which skills the titles are associated with. If the associated skills are higher than any other skills, then thats the title you have.
MillhioreF
The get_scores API function allows for grabbing mod leaderboards, so it would certainly be possible to do an initial population round for all mod combos involving EZ to fill out the leaderboard.
Keeping it maintained would be tricky, probably the best solution would be letting users type in map IDs they want to have re-scanned for new best performances to be added to their list.
blahpy

MillhioreF wrote:

Keeping it maintained would be tricky, probably the best solution would be letting users type in map IDs they want to have re-scanned for new best performances to be added to their list.
This would let people fix their scores that didn't get submitted for whatever reason too
Yuudachi-kun

blahpy wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

This would let people fix their scores that didn't get submitted for whatever reason too
Waiting for this so I can submit ojamajo. ;)
unko
waiting for this so i can submit fascination oh
Houtarou Oreki
not waiting for this
Kao

Looks like osu!skills website is Down...

:|
Rust_omg

Kao wrote:

Looks like osu!skills website is Down...

:|
dont panic
the situation is under control
Yuudachi-kun
Hey abraker, how is your osuskills points calculated? At the moment I basically go with the assumption that only scores above your current point total will increase your score but I have no clue.
abraker

Khelly wrote:

Hey abraker, how is your osuskills points calculated? At the moment I basically go with the assumption that only scores above your current point total will increase your score but I have no clue.
If you mean by how the scores are calculated to come up with the final skill value, then it work like pp. The decay might be set to something else though. As far as I know, top ten are the ones that have any significant value.
Yuudachi-kun
If you only had one score recorded worth X amount of points, how much would you have total.
silmarilen
there are banned people still in the rankings http://osuskills.tk/top/accuracy/country/gb/page/1
abraker

Khelly wrote:

If you only had one score recorded worth X amount of points, how much would you have total.
One recorded score is equal to 0.05*x
Yuudachi-kun
If I get a score that's not top 1k and but it appears on my top 100 then falls out of my top 100, does it get deleted from osuskills when it updates? Mathew told me that happened to him but I don't believe it.
Topic Starter
Kert
If you're talking about top 100 PP scores then Mathew is right.
We'll change this in future though
Yuudachi-kun
Would this extend to replacing existing scores that would lower your osuskills score because of more misses?
Topic Starter
Kert
Only one score per user on a certain map will be stored (that has more score points like in official osu! database) right now
Rad-
Why hasn't this map been added yet? https://osu.ppy.sh/b/912585?m=0

Does it take like a week after a map has been in ranked to add scores?
meii69
Hi there. this card https://osu.ppy.sh/b/893696?m=0 not avaible on osu!skills now. fix pls
Topic Starter
Kert
Should be fine now.
Also, with the help of Auji's feedback I found why the site misses some scores. Will be fixed soon!
I will also try to restore all lost scores from the last 4 days.
The Emperor
when can we expect to see the "Reading" skills?
abraker

Leggo wrote:

when can we expect to see the "Reading" skills?
Maybe in a couple months *fingers crossed*

Meanwhile, the Reaction Skill is 97% complete. Just need to finalize the scale and transfer to the main codebase.
Captain Teemo
I have 2 issues with this page, while it's pretty cool to be able to classify yourself by your strengths, it makes me mad when my friend, who's clearly a lot worse than me in any sense, is on a higher ranking than me in some of the aspects on the page because his top 100 plays has more stamina focused maps while most of my scores are agility focused maps. But that doesn't mean I'm in any means worse than him on stamina maps, in fact, I can FC all his maps easily while he can't even keep up with 220 bpm streams. I'm really consistent at long streams but even if I get better score than him on those maps, if it's not on the top 1000 world ranking it won't count which is absurd because it counts for him just because he has it on his top 100 plays. Long story short, ALL plays you do should be counted for you osu!skills profile or else it won't truly reflect your actual skill as it only displays your top 100 plays and top 1000 which is not always easy to get. I mean, its no "that hard" to get top 1000 on some maps but if it's a popular one, not even with a relatively decent high accuracy FC score will make it.

The second problem I have is the fact that how DT scores absolutely destroys normal-time plays (let it be nomod, hardrock, etc) for the stamina or tenacity stat. I can easily do all my friends DT scores with better accuracy and he struggles FC'ing my scores, but guess what, those DT scores worth more. But that just might be me, just a little complain I have towards to the formula. Hopefully this page will get bigger everyday! Keep up with the good work :)
abraker

Captain Teemo wrote:

The second problem is how DT absolutely destroys normal-time plays (let it be nomod, hardrock, etc) for the stamina or tenacity stat. I can easily do all my friends DT scores with better accuracy and he struggles FC'ing my scores, but guess what, those DT scores worth more.
If we could get all of the scores, this wouldn't be a problem.

Then...

Captain Teemo wrote:

Long story short, ALL plays you do should be counted for you osu!skills profile or it won't truly reflect your actual skill as it only displays a part of it only showing your top 100 plays. I mean, its no "hard" to get top 1000 on some maps but if its popular, not even a relatively decent high accuracy FC will make it.
Read the FAQ
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw if all the plays you had were counted I'd have 700 stamina points by now. At least I think a 790 would get me to 700.

Also tbh road of resistance isn't a good example of a stamina map. 200 bpm is easily infinitely streamable.
Tohru Kobayashi
This is super cool!
Riana
Is currently existing skill's calculation getting updated continuously?
Dox3n
wow! good job dude :D lovin it.
abraker

Zisa wrote:

Is currently existing skill's calculation getting updated continuously?
If you mean whether it gets new scores, then yes
Izzz

Kert wrote:

New update.
Differences reset to 0 if more than 12 hours pass from the last time you opened the page.
I feel like this should be at least 24 hours, I know when I set scores it only registers the next day, and by then it had already been twelve hours since the last time I visited the page, so I can never tell which stats went up by how much.

Also, I never see the new next to maps for some reason, which makes it harder to tell which scores I recently set.
Keeby
Cool/interesting system. Is it a coincidence that nearly all my friends have the "berserk" title? When I look at much higher rankers though, there is more of a variety. Just an observation.
Yuudachi-kun
I don't know why there's a ??? for just having stamina as a skill above all others while the other 3 have specific names.
abraker

Khelly wrote:

I don't know why there's a ??? for just having stamina as a skill above all others while the other 3 have specific names.
Because nobody has yet to obtain that title yet (as far as we know). To obtain it, your stamina skill must be above all others. And yes, agility being unbalanced (in some cases) and tenacity just tailing behind stamina makes this nearly impossible to do. That needs to be fixed.

As for your stats, you are probably very close to make the difference leap needed. I think 5-15 more points in stamina would do it so long tenacity and agility dont rise

Edit: Rlsc seems to almost have it...
Yuudachi-kun
To be honest, I think stamina should be renamed to speed since it's way more highly affected by speed than longstreams. I do consider stamina an aspect of speed so I don't think its formulas or whatever need to be renamed. On the other hand, tenacity is like stamina's sad cousin. It's affected by acc iirc but always tails a little bit behind stamina for basically all the same plays. What if you got an fc on road of resistance hr? I'd definitely put that really high in the tenacity stat a the stream aim is incredibly hard and tenacity's description is just "streaming." Shouldn't that be all types of streaming from hard to read/aim/fc streams as well as just speedy ones?

Edit: 15 more points in stamina would be just about impossible for me at my current level. If I can somehow ecke out the hardest top 1k 0 misses I could and probably should have already had, I would add a 790 and a 768 to my plays. How many points would those two give me?
abraker

Khelly wrote:

To be honest, I think stamina should be renamed to speed since it's way more highly affected by speed than longstreams. I do consider stamina an aspect of speed so I don't think its formulas or whatever need to be renamed. On the other hand, tenacity is like stamina's sad cousin. It's affected by acc iirc but always tails a little bit behind stamina for basically all the same plays. What if you got an fc on road of resistance hr? I'd definitely put that really high in the tenacity stat a the stream aim is incredibly hard and tenacity's description is just "streaming." Shouldn't that be all types of streaming from hard to read/aim/fc streams as well as just speedy ones?
I actually do plan renaming it to speed. I also plan on making tenacity be oriented towards tapping "balance". It would be sensitive to things like wierd 1/4, 1/6 combinations or other things that would throw your tapping off. This will still apply to streams since there is a "balance" aspect to them as well depending on OD.

Edit: I think you would need at least an 805, 3-5 790's, or >10 750's to make to do a +15
Yuudachi-kun
Yup, not going to happen anytime soon unless I 3 miss or less hatsune miku no gekishou with top 1k.

That seems like a really big leap though. One 805 would give me +15 but it'd take 3-5 790's when I'm only at 698?
abraker
It's really rough estimation. I said at least. It might actually take more than that.

Edit: 805 was a very huge underestimate. You have better chances at raising your skill by setting a bunch of 760-780 scores than setting one or a few ridiculosly high ones. I just inspected the formula, and it favors a bunch of lower scores over a single high one. To make a comparison, a single 1000 score will put you up as high as having 750 for the first 20.
Xyrus_old_1
I'm trying to figure out how my score/rank in each category determines my title?

For example, I'm usually "Berserk" but I've recently, I was "Volcanic" for a short while. According to the FAQ Berserk is determined by Stamina, tenancity and Agility, whereas Volcanic is based on lower Agility. However, my Agility has been just barely above my Tenacity by less than 10 points most of the time with my Stamina about 50 points behind. When I went from Berserk to Volcanic, my stats hadn't changed noticibly and Agility has always been my highest scoring stat.

At what point do I change from Berserk to Volcanic, and how would my stats need to change to get Adamant?
Yuudachi-kun
I think 1000 stamina is nearly impossible to get. The highest score I've seen is 855 from mathew for a 2 miss on gekishow which has one 300 bpm longstream at the very end - so let's say 0 miss is 900 points. That means that you need to longstream 330 bpm or have some outrageous 300 bpm tower of heaven like map to get 1,000? Aoiro step at 323 short streams is only 714ish stamina.
Topic Starter
Kert

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

When I went from Berserk to Volcanic, my stats hadn't changed noticibly and Agility has always been my highest scoring stat.
It's hard to believe that, because if Agility was your highest stat always it would be impossible for you to get Volcanic
Currently your accuracy is way lower than other skills that's why your title is Berserk
show more