posted
Total Posts
show more
Akiyama Mizuki

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
okay, just trying to mod the perfection

epilepsy warning maybe, 'game over' part is a bit too flashy
00:27:305 - every piano on 2/1 from 00:21:871 - to 00:26:015 - is hitobjects and not here?
00:50:512 (2,3) - ctrl+g I guess, when you put 3/4 slider + circle in this part you made distance following the emphasis of the song. But the distance here is narrower than 00:42:037 (1,2) - while the melody after 3/4 slider is higher-pitched here.
02:07:292 (8,9) - definitely has a hi-hat on blue ticks. how about like this? imo gives good expression of the music too
03:26:275 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I love you.
Topic Starter
Charles445

bbj0920 wrote:

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
epilepsy warning maybe, 'game over' part is a bit too flashy Letters at that part are picking a fade between 0.15 and 0.55, shouldn't be bright enough to cause problems
00:27:305 - every piano on 2/1 from 00:21:871 - to 00:26:015 - is hitobjects and not here? Yeah this part was a little difficult to plan, an object on the piano would work but the spinner would have to start shortly after. No matter where the spinner started it wouldn't fit with the fade-in to white. So instead I opted to leave out the object and just have the spinner take the entire segment to fit the fade-in sound. 05:10:682 - was almost a spinner because of it, lol
00:50:512 (2,3) - ctrl+g I guess, when you put 3/4 slider + circle in this part you made distance following the emphasis of the song. But the distance here is narrower than 00:42:037 (1,2) - while the melody after 3/4 slider is higher-pitched here. I'm relying 100% on the angle change to work, 1 to 2 is pretty weak regardless though, but I think 2,3 4,5 and 6,7 being strong will make up for it. Good catch by the way, that's what's going on here. The most direct parallel is 00:39:326 (1,2) - where the 2 is a significant distance away from the 1. I kinda ran out of room later LMAO
02:07:292 (8,9) - definitely has a hi-hat on blue ticks. how about like this? imo gives good expression of the music too Yeah that hihat is at all four points in the map, 01:45:597 - and then the ones in the later kiai. It's skipped to make sure those strong drum beats aren't swamped by a weaker slider. (8) in these situations could absolutely be a 1/4 slider though, since it's still dominantly focusing on the hi-hat, but I felt the movement was too weird doing that, lol. The weird movement being uh, a 1/2 pause into a 1/4 slider stream jump. I think the only times those happen are during these gimmicky parts 01:47:292 (1,2,1,2,1) - (oh and 02:43:732 (7,8,1) - I forgot about that one)
03:26:275 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I love you. NOW That's what I call E D G Y <3
yay mods

Oh I should give an example of something actually.
Most of that mod response is like, purposeful undermapping.

There is one segment of the map that underwent four beat placement revisions, which is 04:15:088 - , so I should explain a bit of it.
The problems I had with this part is, if the entire drumbeat is mapped it'll turn into the same thing for the entire segment, so some very specific undermapping happens.
The first major undermap is the slider at 04:21:189 (1) - for the melody / transition.
Then later on, 04:25:088 - these pauses are done to give more weight to the melody, only showing up mapped in rare moments like 04:31:189 (8) - .
Some sliders are also extended from 1/2 to 3/4 to fit the melody more, skipping the hihat on the 1/2
shARPII
Just a really quick thought

1. You started mapping 04:21:189 (1) - by following the melody, I wasn't expecting having 04:22:037 (2) - at all or at least, using a new combo on it? If you remove the circle, I guess you should remove the NC here 04:22:206 (1) - and put it on 04:22:545 (1) -
Nothing more to say on the rhythm for me otherwise, it's pretty solid. I'm not that good for checking positioning and flow in general but it was really enjoyable to play so I think we're reaching the final state of the map soon =3
Topic Starter
Charles445

shARPII wrote:

Just a really quick thought

1. You started mapping 04:21:189 (1) - by following the melody, I wasn't expecting having 04:22:037 (2) - at all or at least, using a new combo on it? If you remove the circle, I guess you should remove the NC here 04:22:206 (1) - and put it on 04:22:545 (1) - )
Nothing more to say on the rhythm for me otherwise, it's pretty solid. I'm not that good for checking positioning and flow in general but it was really enjoyable to play so I think we're reaching the final state of the map soon =3
aaaaa it didn't work

ok here's what happened
04:21:189 - This part needed melody stuff so I reworked it a few times.
Sliders that start on 04:21:189 - and 04:21:528 - and 04:21:867 - would work, but the slider-ends would take too much away from the starts
Circles that start on those points would work, but the 1/1 pauses would be too out of place and be less dense than the previous bit.
So the 1/1 repeat seems to work well enough, although it makes the repeat and sliderend parts of the melody weaker.

So the problem is directly after it!
A raw 1/1 pause would work, like 04:13:393 (1,1,2,3) - , but might be too similar to the part w/o the backing drums (too empty)
A circle at 04:22:037 (2) - would work, but has the risk of being too powerful in comparison to the repeat and the sliderend (a hihat overpowering the melody really sucks). Problem is, that circle would make everything work out real nice, and makes 04:22:206 (1) - even stronger than before (jump).

So what I ended up doing was an attempt to make (2) as weak as possible, so it has no spacing (drop-off from the 1)., no loud hitsound, no nothing, it's a circle you can be asleep and hit perfectly.
I don't think I succeeded with it though, you wouldn't have pointed it out if I did, LOL

So it's not great but I don't have any other ideas for it :?
Alheak
sounds definitely better now

just a little mod though since a couple of things were bugging me:

1. 00:37:800 (6,1) - the dropoff flow feels really weird here:
    The orange slashed arrow shows where i want to leave (6), but i have to do this awkward angle with the yellow path to not slider break, here's what i'd do:
  2. 00:48:648 (6,1) - ^
yeah i guess that's all lol, i don't know if it'll help but those things definitely felt weird for me while playing

very nice map otherwise, especially those parts 01:48:987 - to 01:58:139 - like this have a very nice flow to them
Topic Starter
Charles445
The intended movement on that is to actually not drop off but to follow the 6 a bit longer, making the movement to the next slider moving down and to the left, not straight down.
It works most of the time I think?.. Most of the people I've seen play it hang onto the slider for a pretty long time.

Here's what I mean (literally took this from azer's vid lol) http://puu.sh/n5RJb/82d9186926.jpg
You can see the yellow bits where the cursor was.

Here's a (crap) picture from Nyquill's stream vod, http://puu.sh/n5S0S/fecd4ef288.jpg he didn't go as far to the right but still held on to the slider for an extended period of time.

And finally Doomsday's vod http://puu.sh/n5S3S/9a48d4edb4.jpg

So that's the intention but I guess it won't work for everybody. The solution would be to move the two sliders apart visually but I don't want to risk slider breaks.
-Atri-
Since when you become an elite storyboarder
Secretpipe
I was curious about 01:56:783 (1) - since there's a bass sound at 01:56:953 - and it had to be emphasized by a circle but that must be me I guess..
Same about 02:18:478 (1) -
Also you skipped an important kick at 06:38:139 - and 06:39:495 - and 06:40:851 - etc.. , I'd strongly recommand you to fix that!

Other than that , you did a really good job! Gl for rankin' that!
Topic Starter
Charles445

Secretpipe wrote:

I was curious about 01:56:783 (1) - since there's a bass sound at 01:56:953 - and it had to be emphasized by a circle but that must be me I guess..
Same about 02:18:478 (1) -
Also you skipped an important kick at 06:38:139 - and 06:39:495 - and 06:40:851 - etc.. , I'd strongly recommand you to fix that!

Other than that , you did a really good job! Gl for rankin' that!

I think the melody is overpowering stuff at 01:56:783 (1) - , also I'm skipping over stuff for the gimmick (like 01:53:393 - )

06:38:139 - People ask about this a lot so here's my uh, overly long explanation because I write those for some reason.
The original track this is based off of is transitioning into the very end moment of the song at that point The bass in the original is incredibly important for that; it basically carries that entire segment. The remix moves the kick to the middle of the long bass notes, but mapping that kick would lose that really important bass.

A goal of mine with this set was to not only map to the remix, but also to match the original songs thematically.
Here's some examples so I don't sound completely insane.

00:00:000 - First song, basically serves as a lead-in to the main song. Needs to be calm but a little unsettling to match the song's implications.
00:30:004 - This isn't part of the original song, so I took a guess as to what it references. I got BD's help for this part.
04:06:952 - I think I posted about this before, but the fact that this song is part of this remix is super awesome (and super messed up damn)
So making sure the unique parts of this were mapped was really important.
05:56:783 - Song change, sorta! The way the first part of this is mapped/hitsounded might remind you of another ranked set.
SnowNiNo_

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
1pc test play (change to AR10
00:34:749 (5) - im wonder why dont make a slow-speed slider that end at 00:35:258 - or 00:35:342 - , i think a slow-speed slider fit perfect with the music LOL. and 00:45:597 (5) - the same
01:24:749 (2) - the reverse slider doesnt fit here, you can try this, i think it's better here
01:36:444 (1) - maybe the slider end 01:36:953 - here?
01:37:122 (1) - end 01:37:631 - here?
04:35:766 (4) - NC here instead of 04:36:444 (1) - ?

awesome storyboard and awesome map XD
i like it a lot <3
btw if you got time can you also check out my map, i want to rank my map before the new ranking system, and now im finding for BN or QAT OWO
thanks in advance :)
Topic Starter
Charles445

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

1pc test play (change to AR10 nice
00:34:749 (5) - im wonder why dont make a slow-speed slider that end at 00:35:258 - or 00:35:342 - , i think a slow-speed slider fit perfect with the music LOL. and 00:45:597 (5) - the same That would work,, but I want the pause there to be as abrupt as possible to fit how undertale handles its name drops.
01:24:749 (2) - the reverse slider doesnt fit here, you can try this, i think it's better here There's no kick where there would normally be one, so it's stuffed into a slider-end this time around. It also prevents 1/1 distance to circles in this slow part (easier to acc).
01:36:444 (1) - maybe the slider end 01:36:953 - here? The sound is echoing on 1/1 here, so it's where the slider end goes, much like the part before it. For example, 01:32:885 (3) - is an echo for the sliderend.
01:37:122 (1) - end 01:37:631 - here? Same echo :D
04:35:766 (4) - NC here instead of 04:36:444 (1) - ? That would be a visual improvement, but I'm keeping combos consistent here for hp drain / readability reasons.

awesome storyboard and awesome map XD
i like it a lot <3
btw if you got time can you also check out my map, i want to rank my map before the new ranking system, and now im finding for BN or QAT OWO
thanks in advance :) There's no way the listed system change is actually going to happen, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for the mod :D
I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't been able to look at people's maps, but I'll keep it in mind when I'm not busy!
GugUCorn
Charlestale

It need to rank!

Okoratu
I can't hear most of the hitsounds even if i set music volume to 60% and leave hitsounds where they are.
The beginning and some other places feels weird to me due to audio feedback being really really similar to the actual audio
this is a placeholder
Nathan
Just some minor thoughts from testplaying, couldn't find anything else

1. 05:53:563 (4,5) - This spacing seemed awkwardly small considering the speed of the movement from 05:53:224 (3,4)
  2. 07:06:614 (4,5,6) - The lack of direction change in this wide angle felt random, especially after the sharp movements from 07:05:766 (1,2,3,4)
  3. 03:30:342 - I misread this since the circles abruptly disappeared after holding the majority of my focus over many repeats
  4. 02:47:461 (4,5,6,7,8) - You've already told me the reasoning behind this stream shape, but if you can find a way to change it to a normal curve I recommend doing so. It's literally the only uneven stream shape in the midst of a structured dnb map afaerhjtehnkjakdlf
Well the map is pretty much perfect, just call me back whenever you want an icon
Topic Starter
Charles445

sukiNathan wrote:

Just some minor thoughts from testplaying, couldn't find anything else

1. 05:53:563 (4,5) - This spacing seemed awkwardly small considering the speed of the movement from 05:53:224 (3,4) Oh snap
  2. 07:06:614 (4,5,6) - The lack of direction change in this wide angle felt random, especially after the sharp movements from 07:05:766 (1,2,3,4) I think this one is going to be alright.
  3. 03:30:342 - I misread this since the circles abruptly disappeared after holding the majority of my focus over many repeats
    A lot of people do... but it's a gamble I have to take for this part to work well... lol
  4. 02:47:461 (4,5,6,7,8) - You've already told me the reasoning behind this stream shape, but if you can find a way to change it to a normal curve I recommend doing so. It's literally the only uneven stream shape in the midst of a structured dnb map afaerhjtehnkjakdlf It's the good kind of inconsistent IMO... at least that's what I said when I refused to change the slider in dragons, lololol
Well the map is pretty much perfect, just call me back whenever you want an icon
Someone is uh, talking about the piano sounds atm so hold off on that LOLMessing with the spinner right now, apparently it looks bad in newer versions of the game but fine in fallback...

Okay it should be good now!!
Okoratu

Okoratu wrote:

I can't hear most of the hitsounds even if i set music volume to 60% and leave hitsounds where they are.
The beginning and some other places feels weird to me due to audio feedback being really really similar to the actual audio
this is a placeholder
is this like a thing^^^

uh the song is changing density so much so i assume it's intended but like tick2 would work better for most faster parts i assume lmao
03:30:342 - tbh this gimmick confused me the first 4 times i tried it, like i expected to somehow continue clicking where the circles went...
the only way i see this being adressed would be taking 03:30:681 (2,4,2,4) - and move them with a crtlg where the next circles would have been.
i have no idea if you want to do that, prolly not but i think it'd be more intuitive to comprehend on sightreads
03:38:138 (4,1) - slightly bothered of these touching but i guess otherwise this whole thing feels like shit
04:03:901 (1,2) - don't really get why these have to be that long holds like if im not mistaken everything else in the section is shorter by a lot so yeah idk
04:06:274 (2,4) - due to autostacking this might look a bit odd lol
04:18:478 (3,4,5,6,7) - i don't understand streamspacing on this, like every other thing is bigger why like the next 2 are .75x and after that it's like .7x mainly cuz too lazy to type a 5 manually each time so uhhh why .5x
did u run out of ideas of what to do or why do you show credits twice im confused
05:27:292 (1,3) - and some others have slightly fucked stacking but i guess that's ignorable
05:54:580 (3) - why like why suddenly put the instrument you followed the whole section long on the sliderend
06:37:461 (1,2) - if you follow melody only this should be 1/1 like the slider that follows, otherwise 3 shouldnt be 1/1 tbh (nvmthewholesectionsibuiltaroundthatfuck)
07:09:326 (5,8) - stacking ingame looks ultra weird

technically the dm and pocket and dokuro are like duplicating in tags but i suppose it is to keep them readable and understandable as a whole
since every reading of undertale is canon you could fuck the source up according to the weird caps in this song title but i guess this will just cause hate so better not lol
tag "and" if you keep a drum 'n' base tag
can tag Bergentrueckung since not many ppl have umlauts and Bergentruckung is just plain DUMB (as a german im triggered)
Topic Starter
Charles445

Okoratu wrote:

03:30:342 - tbh this gimmick confused me the first 4 times i tried it, like i expected to somehow continue clicking where the circles went...
the only way i see this being adressed would be taking 03:30:681 (2,4,2,4) - and move them with a crtlg where the next circles would have been.
i have no idea if you want to do that, prolly not but i think it'd be more intuitive to comprehend on sightreads Yeah like I said in the nathan response I'm taking this risk
03:38:138 (4,1) - slightly bothered of these touching but i guess otherwise this whole thing feels like shit Yep the overlap is to try and hint at it being a slider stream jump.
04:03:901 (1,2) - don't really get why these have to be that long holds like if im not mistaken everything else in the section is shorter by a lot so yeah idk Transition, instrument in the music is getting more intense... mostly for the transition.
04:06:274 (2,4) - due to autostacking this might look a bit odd lol Yeah, fortunately it worked out well, autostack is hit or miss and I think it works here
04:18:478 (3,4,5,6,7) - i don't understand streamspacing on this, like every other thing is bigger why like the next 2 are .75x and after that it's like .7x mainly cuz too lazy to type a 5 manually each time so uhhh why .5x Oh at this speed it really doesn't change much at all, sometimes I'd want travel distance to be less but to have the same overall feeling... so like subtle changes in distance can get you where you want without changing the feel.
did u run out of ideas of what to do or why do you show credits twice im confused Only a few people will understand what's happening at that point. Possibly no one... I would like people to figure it out, although it is only solvable to specific people...
05:27:292 (1,3) - and some others have slightly fucked stacking but i guess that's ignorable stacking is ok when automatic does an ok job and I think it does an oko job uhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuh
05:54:580 (3) - why like why suddenly put the instrument you followed the whole section long on the sliderend T R A N S I T I O N B O Y S
06:37:461 (1,2) - if you follow melody only this should be 1/1 like the slider that follows, otherwise 3 shouldnt be 1/1 tbh (nvmthewholesectionsibuiltaroundthatfuck) ye whole section since in the original song it's really important thematically and I'll be damned if I have to map that weird kick so I put a loud ass hitsound and made the storyboard do the bass like it needs to etc etc pretentiousness etc
07:09:326 (5,8) - stacking ingame looks ultra weird it's fine usually i want to stab automatic stacker but it's ok

technically the dm and pocket and dokuro are like duplicating in tags but i suppose it is to keep them readable and understandable as a whole
since every reading of undertale is canon you could fuck the source up according to the weird caps in this song title but i guess this will just cause hate so better not lol
tag "and" if you keep a drum 'n' base tag
can tag Bergentrueckung since not many ppl have umlauts and Bergentruckung is just plain DUMB (as a german im triggered) ok oko
Thanks for the mod, messed with the tags
Fatfan Kolek
osu! needs more annoying dogs!

I'm hyped already! :D
Okoratu
idk why you weren't sure that i'd bubble or not most of the stuff i said is minor / dismissable
Nathan
ok oko
Luel Roseline
Yes!
We need final nominator who is flame this map.
Topic Starter
Charles445
I would really like people to have the best experience possible when playing this set.

That's why the intro is mapped the way it is: to allow for the storyboard to play properly, the custom piano chord hitsounds to play, and most importantly, to have the player interact minimally with those few objects in-game. This all combines to create a calm feeling, much like the song... it is important buildup for the sudden title-drop.

If sliders were to functionally change, the intro would no longer work as intended... in fact it would become one of the hardest parts of the map... the complete opposite of its intention.

So with that said, if this map is not ranked, and ScoreV2 is in effect....
I will send it to graveyard, as it will be permanently broken.

If this map is ranked, but ScoreV2 is added to it later...
I strongly urge no-one to play it from that point on. Broken beatmaps play like shit.
jonathanlfj
well then lets enjoy this while we can
Time-
Cool SB Awesome map WOW

So awesome it makes me cry
Luel Roseline

jonathanlfj wrote:

well then lets enjoy this while we can
LFJ HYPE
Spaghetti
Grats!
Loooctav

Time- wrote:

Cool SB Awesome map WOW

So awesome it makes me cry
No Display epilepsy warning?
Topic Starter
Charles445

ThoomyyxD wrote:

No Display epilepsy warning?
It's not flashing lights intensive.
Kibbleru
that was fast o/
Raiden
holy shit congrats!!
Monstrata
SB looks so busy xP Parts like 03:50:681 - where you use two different fireball patterns at the same time just look messy imo... Too many things happening on the screen to really appreciate the separate effects. You could try changing the size/reduce sprite density of the vertical-moving fireballs, or something to create a difference.

Also, no epilepsy warning? Strobing heart and the underworld monarchy title parts (00:30:004 - / 06:48:309 - ) look a lot like potential triggers. Flashing light's aren't the only trigger, and there are subsets of that definition too.

Unused hitsounds:

drum-sliderslide4.wav
drum-sliderslide7.wav
normal-sliderslide.wav
normal-sliderslide2.wav
normal-sliderslide7.wav
normal-sliderslide8.wav
soft-sliderslide4.wav

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Storyboard images must be at a reasonable filesize and dimension for their usage. For most uses (e.g. full-screen images), the maximum is 1366x768 pixels. For widescreen storyboards 854x480 is preferred as it matches the internal resolution of the SB editor. For 4:3 aspect ratio images 640x480 is preferred.

The maximum dimensions for tall or wide scrolling images are 640x1440 and 1920x480 respectively. This is for the sake of gameplay performance, image loading time, and filesize.
heart_hr.png has a dimension of 960x960 which is too large for a non-scrolling image. (Well, it's too large for any image).
t_backdrop.png and t_backdrop2.png as well, are too large. (1200 x 1428)
Okoratu
confirming the hitsounding things,

spinner-osu.png is not showing up in any current skin the additional notes say it's an obsolete element in the spinner set and i'm kinda confused because it makes no sense to make an obsolete element mandatory

play-skip.png, play-warningarrow.png are also missing in the playfield set, i think you should add these

the sb image dimensions technically violate the RC, yes.

should have paid more attention to folderstructure before bubbling this, sorry.
Irreversible
Hey Charles,

unranked for the issues above, I've checked them and they are valid. Please fix those up. About the thing with the SB though, I'm not quite sure how to understand it because (with clarification by monstrata), it should be fine to have it that big. So it shouldn't be a problem?

Okoratu wrote:

Okoratu wrote:

this is a placeholder
is this like a thing^^^

Yes it is a thing, please make your hitsounds more audible - 00:31:020 (4) - notes like this are just not audible, and need to offer proper feedback, please add a more dominant hitsound here, or change the custom completely, this one blends in way too much.

If you have trouble finding the BNs after this DQ, you can call me back as the map and the SB is really well done.
Monstrata
I checked the spinner-osu.png and it showed up on my skin. Generally modding assistant isn't good at checking this, and slider-point10/slider-point30 stuff because you can't actually see them in editor.
Okoratu
i didn't use modding assistant i testplayed the map and the image wasn't showing when spinning, but ok when it's used in skins then it can stay lol (it also wasn't showing after spinning it just said CLEAR)
Monstrata
Oh, it shows after you finish spinning.
Topic Starter
Charles445
Sliderslides take 55 bytes in the package, 4kb in the extracted folder, that's minor to the level of "unused osb"

Image resolution rules are to stop people from putting huge image files in there / huge SB load images / hard to load pictures.
In this situation png storage takes care of filesize, as well as downscale to fix the load.
Image loading time is very short, as well.
The only thing that would change is literally shrinking those images to 50% and then the scale factor multiplied by 2 for some things.
Filesize wouldn't change, SB load wouldn't change... It's a waste of time, really.

Disagree on the hitsounds, most can hear them just fine. I've only gotten feedback on them being quiet from you two, actually.

spinner-osu not showing up to some people sounds like a bug. Not something I can fix, so...
play-skip doesn't mess with the storyboard. The player can have whatever picture they want for it, it's not important.
play-warningarrow doesn't mess with the storyboard, not concerned about it.

---

In short, I think these 'fixes' would be a waste of time.

Ideally, we can go back to approved and not worry about this crap.

If that's really not okay, then I can push an update that will make the osz smaller by 385 bytes (less than a kb), as well as make some pictures 50% smaller but scaled twice as large in the storyboard code, accomplishing effectively nothing. Seriously this map loads super fast, this is not a problem.
Monstrata

If you don't like the rules, voice your opinions more loudly in the ranking criteria council. Complaining about the rules' inefficiency here accomplishes nothing. If we allow you to rank a map with clearly unrankable elements, it's just a bad example to other mappers who think they can forego the ranking criteria because a slider that is 1/2/3/... 500 pixel off screen is still just as playable etc..
jonathanlfj
The hitsound rule is something that just have to be followed, there is not much to say there (clearly I didn't check for that xD)

The storyboard rule on the other hand, does not have to be strictly followed; if you have been here long enough you'd know that many exceptions have been made on storyboard image dimensions to improve the amount of details in them. I stand with Charles on this one

Oh and maybe enabling epilepsy warning in the mean time, better safe than sorry
Topic Starter
Charles445
It did work 4 years ago but that's another story.

Man today is full of fun isn't it?

Anyway since it seems like you've got your mind set, I'll delete the 7 files and reformat the storyboard to make you happy.
Fortunately it won't take a recompile.
I'll post when I'm done.
show more