forum

DM vs. POCKET - uNDeRWoRLD MoNaRCHy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Phos-
Hi, I'll mod this~

General
  1. You could find a more interesting bg, simply having "UNDERTALE" over a black background is incredibly bland. I would look for something a bit more active and interesting. I'm not asking you to go get a picture of Asgore and spoil the game for some people, but something simply more interesting would be nice.
  2. Add an epilepsy warning for the storyboard? While the storyboard is absolutely amazing, the shaking text and the rainbow fireballs could hurt peoples eyes if they are effected by epilepsy.

uNDeRWoRLD MoNaRCHy

1. Throughout the map, I've encountered lots of overlapped repeat arrows, such as 01:41:868 (1,1) - , 01:47:292 (1,1) - , 02:03:563 (1,1) - , etc. While a hitburst isn't over them, I believe it is unrankable because the reverse arrows are still being overlapped. Therefore, I highly recommend you change these.
  2. 00:40:512 (6,1) - You could improve aesthetics by making this a blanket, as it promotes a cleaner and more organised look.
  3. 01:52:207 (3,2) - Perhaps you could stack these sliderends? This will once again make the map seem neater, and be consistent with how you usually handle sliderends (stacking them).
  4. 02:17:970 (4) - Here's another blanket that has room for improvement.
  5. 02:40:173 (1) - Not too fond of this slider shape personally, it looks a bit harsh and the music doesn't really change to justify that. It would look much nicer if you make the bump a bit more subtle.
  6. 02:49:156 (6,7) - Another noticeable blanket error, moving (6) more towards the left would be nice.
  7. 03:03:732 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Is there any reasoning behind the music as to why these streams are so compressed? They look a bit out of place considering that every other stream has reasonable spacing behind them.
  8. 03:38:478 (1) - The beats that this repeat slider is covering are very powerful, having a repeat slider where the player simply has to hold doesn't really emphasize them fully. I would replace it with a triple instead, so that all three beats are clickable. Also, you'e placed triples in areas of the music that aren't so emphasized, such as at 03:40:511 (1,2,3) - .
  9. 03:43:562 (1,3) - Is there any reasoning about how this stack is slightly off like this? Personally, I feel that it would look neater if it were perfectly stacked, because it would be consistent with most other stacks in the beatmap. Same applies for 03:55:766 (1,3) -
  10. 04:11:020 (1,2) - It would look a bit nicer if (1) was sharp as well, that way it would look nicer by having symmetry with (2).
  11. 04:13:393 (1,1) - Again, you could improve the blanket of these two notes for a neater look.
  12. 05:11:699 (8,9) - Not a fan of how these sliders are at a 90° angle, seems a bit old fashioned imo. Make the sliders a bit more intresting by rotating them a bit or by curving them.
  13. 05:55:258 - You could add a 1/4 slider here. If you listen to the music closely, then you can hear 2 sounds that would be appropriate for one. Also, the 1/1 gap feels quite strange being unmapped.
  14. 07:04:580 (1) - Add a finish here? I can hear a cymbal in the song, and adding one to the beatmap like you usually do when there's cymbals would be more consistent and it would complement the music better.
  15. 07:09:326 (5,8) - Finally, I think you need to stack these properly. Having the two notes off like this doesn't look too aesthetically pleasing, so fixing the stack will make the pattern look cleaner.

Overall, I would like to say that this map handles rhythms and hitsounds extremely well, and the storyboard is one of the best I've ever seen. To improve your map, I would focus on polishing and making the map look neater, as I found a few stacks and blankets that seem off. I shot some stars, good luck!
Topic Starter
Charles445

-Faded- wrote:

1. You could find a more interesting bg, simply having "UNDERTALE" over a black background is incredibly bland. I would look for something a bit more active and interesting. I'm not asking you to go get a picture of Asgore and spoil the game for some people, but something simply more interesting would be nice.
    I do like the frankness of the BG, but I can see why it'd be bland. It's a bit of a complicated issue: not only does the background serve as a non-spoiler option, but it allows for the storyboard to be much more load fficient (I'd say it saves roughly 0.8x load all the time to just have a coverslip over the logo rather than a fullscreen image.
    The background does stop drawing somewhere during the map, but it's incredibly unclear where / how likely that's going to break in future updates.
  2. Add an epilepsy warning for the storyboard? While the storyboard is absolutely amazing, the shaking text and the rainbow fireballs could hurt peoples eyes if they are effected by epilepsy.
    I was thinking about this, and I couldn't tell if it was a big deal or not. Usually epilepsy warnings are for strobing maps, stuff that like flashes black and white over and over really fast. Surprise flashing storyboards HAVE given people attacks on this game before. I don't think shaking elements / color changes have that same effect? I'd need to talk to someone affected by it about that.
  3. Throughout the map, I've encountered lots of overlapped repeat arrows, such as 01:41:868 (1,1) - , 01:47:292 (1,1) - , 02:03:563 (1,1) - , etc. While a hitburst isn't over them, I believe it is unrankable because the reverse arrows are still being overlapped. Therefore, I highly recommend you change these.
    The players have plenty of time to see the repeat, fade-in of the repeat starts at 01:42:207 - and it becomes too late to see it at 01:42:715 - , which is a good half second. I suspect players will easily see them by the time the 1/4 slider before it finishes.
    It was a point of consideration, which is precisely why they aren't under hitbursts, hahaha
  4. 00:40:512 (6,1) - You could improve aesthetics by making this a blanket, as it promotes a cleaner and more organised look.
    That'd look pretty good -> https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4477030 but in order to preserve the jump from 6 to 1 (important moment) the angle from 5 to 6 would get all weird, and the jump from 5 to 6 would be a tad too big. This change would accompany moving 5, then moving 4, which would bust the blanket of 4 to the 1... etc
    I'll think about this some more but for now I'm going to leave it
  5. 01:52:207 (3,2) - Perhaps you could stack these sliderends? This will once again make the map seem neater, and be consistent with how you usually handle sliderends (stacking them).
    that's a tough one
    Okay so let's see, the 3 4 copies 1 2, which leads to 1 diving through the center of the 3, then the 2 goes between the 4 and 1. Only problem, the 3 doesn't end between the 4 and 1.
    There's a couple of ways to cheese this, I could increase the slider velocity of the 3 to have it move those extra few pixels
    https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4477062 but then that messes up the 1 thing... bleh
    Honestly I don't feel like it's a big problem but it is pretty different to everything else in this segment.
  6. 02:17:970 (4) - Here's another blanket that has room for improvement.
    Rotated 3 degrees, moved a bit so the endpoint is back in place
  7. 02:40:173 (1) - Not too fond of this slider shape personally, it looks a bit harsh and the music doesn't really change to justify that. It would look much nicer if you make the bump a bit more subtle.
    A bunch of instruments cut out, have to embellish it somehow. I think I did something like that later on into the second to last kiai.
  8. 02:49:156 (6,7) - Another noticeable blanket error, moving (6) more towards the left would be nice.
    Moved the slider's endpoint
  9. 03:03:732 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Is there any reasoning behind the music as to why these streams are so compressed? They look a bit out of place considering that every other stream has reasonable spacing behind them.
    Yeah absolutely, listen to the main percussion isntrument in the music at this point. It quickly raises to a higher pitch, and gets weaker as it goes on. I lower hitsound volume there too very slightly.
  10. 03:38:478 (1) - The beats that this repeat slider is covering are very powerful, having a repeat slider where the player simply has to hold doesn't really emphasize them fully. I would replace it with a triple instead, so that all three beats are clickable. Also, you'e placed triples in areas of the music that aren't so emphasized, such as at 03:40:511 (1,2,3) - .
    That slider is to make the transition easier / give them time to react to what's coming up.
  11. 03:43:562 (1,3) - Is there any reasoning about how this stack is slightly off like this? Personally, I feel that it would look neater if it were perfectly stacked, because it would be consistent with most other stacks in the beatmap. Same applies for 03:55:766 (1,3) -
    I had a reason for these
    but I forgot
    so
    I'll uh, change them
  12. 04:11:020 (1,2) - It would look a bit nicer if (1) was sharp as well, that way it would look nicer by having symmetry with (2).
    The change in shape is for the new instrument. I was considering making 04:13:393 (1) - linear for that same reason.
  13. 04:13:393 (1,1) - Again, you could improve the blanket of these two notes for a neater look.
    Rotated by -6
  14. 05:11:699 (8,9) - Not a fan of how these sliders are at a 90° angle, seems a bit old fashioned imo. Make the sliders a bit more intresting by rotating them a bit or by curving them.
    Rectangles are underused IMO, it becomes interesting to have them mixed in with other stuff, like at 02:41:529 (2,3,4) -
  15. 05:55:258 - You could add a 1/4 slider here. If you listen to the music closely, then you can hear 2 sounds that would be appropriate for one. Also, the 1/1 gap feels quite strange being unmapped.
    Undermapped part to transition a bit better, it's why 05:54:580 (3) - might seem out of place
  16. 07:04:580 (1) - Add a finish here? I can hear a cymbal in the song, and adding one to the beatmap like you usually do when there's cymbals would be more consistent and it would complement the music better.
    YEAH THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONE THERE LOL you can see the Normal / Soft sampleset on the circle, the finish disappeared for some reason.
  17. 07:09:326 (5,8) - Finally, I think you need to stack these properly. Having the two notes off like this doesn't look too aesthetically pleasing, so fixing the stack will make the pattern look cleaner.
    I have to make sure the player tries to do a stationary stream wherever the 5 once was to make the movement feel right. I could manually stack to the right like automatic stacking does to the left, but it wouldn't have the advantage automatic stacking has of being immediately familiar to a player.
    I'm going to go with the ugly route in order to make sure the pattern works properly.
Great mod, covered a lot of important stuff, thanks! (goddamn finishes disappearing)

Anybody know which parts of the piano hitsounding sound bad? I can't figure out the progression of this song / the original
Fatfan Kolek
wouldn't it be hilarious if the annoying dog would be hanging left and right on this scene? :D
00:34:749 - 00:35:427 -
00:45:597 - 00:46:275 -

http://puu.sh/mXwIV/45b3e177fc.gif

Anyways, really awesome stuff you did there!!
Topic Starter
Charles445

Fatfan Kolek wrote:

wouldn't it be hilarious if the annoying dog would be hanging left and right on this scene? :D
00:34:749 - 00:35:427 -
00:45:597 - 00:46:275 -

http://puu.sh/mXwIV/45b3e177fc.gif

Anyways, really awesome stuff you did there!!
Hahaha that'd be pretty funny, especially if it was only in the second one
It wouldn't fit tone-wise since the intro is serious but it'd be a fun gag for an alternate version
Luel Roseline
That drumstep...I like it.
melloe
The hitsounds are ever so slightly out of tune. Just a sliver of a pitch higher than the actual music, I think. I don't have perfect pitch or anything so I can't be sure. It might just be the actual notes. Might even be the organ, and not the hitsounds. Do you know what notes the music/hitsounding chords are?

It does add an unsettling, eerie sort of feeling though, like sour church bells, so either way it's not so bad.
Topic Starter
Charles445

Forlornly wrote:

The hitsounds are ever so slightly out of tune. Just a sliver of a pitch higher than the actual music, I think. I don't have perfect pitch or anything so I can't be sure. It might just be the actual notes. Might even be the organ, and not the hitsounds. Do you know what notes the music/hitsounding chords are?

It does add an unsettling, eerie sort of feeling though, like sour church bells, so either way it's not so bad.
Yeah I'll go ahead and dump that information for you.

The original track the song is based off is in uh, C# minor I believe.
This remix appears to be D minor, so it's quite literally just shifted up.
It could be that the remix is actually C# minor and I'm deaf, but it's hard to say.

The chords I used were uhh
1. F5 D5 A4 D4 - i chord almost surely
2. A5 E5 A4 C4 - V chord, seems okay
3. G5 D5 G4 Bb3 - iv chord, might be something else due to the flat being used, not good at minor keys lol
4. C6 E5 G4 C4 - VII chord? Or maybe it sounds like a V7? This one was always a mystery to me I couldn't figure out what its deal was in the original
5. G5 E5 C5 E4 - Same as before, just inverted
6. A5 F5 A4 D4 - i chord probably
7. A5 E5 C5 A3 - V , seems like it works
8. A5 E5 A4 C4 - V, same as 2
9. D6 F5 Bb4 Bb3 - VI chord, this one has to be VI, but the parallel octave makes it sound a bit wonky maybe? Double flats might be risky? IDK how that works
10. E6 E5 C5 A3 - V again (I think these are somewhat safe to use)
11. C6 E5 G4 C4 - VII ?? What is this?? This and 4 (same chord) and 5 are a mystery to me quite frankly. It's something?
12. D6 F5 A4 D4 - i chord (start with i, end with i, nobody gets hurt)
Megatrook89
this better get ranked holy fuck that storyboard is so fucking good AND THE SONG AAAAAAAA THE SONG
Topic Starter
Charles445
Going to be fiddling with the hitsounds in the intro so this is still a WIP
Mods on the gameplay / other stuff are welcomed though!
Fatfan Kolek
Another random thought

03:34:410 - 03:36:444 - You could make this a reversed version of the part before with kicksliders to emphasize the holding sounds

like this maybe? http://puu.sh/mXYcr/f959d37794.jpg

It would make more sense structurewise, but it's up to you! :D

I might make a whole mod when i feel motivated, good luck on it so far!
melloe
the chords sound fine to me
can you somehow shift all the notes down like a microtone or something, somewhere closer to d than c#, because to me it sounds like the hitsounds are higher pitched than the music
Topic Starter
Charles445

Forlornly wrote:

the chords sound fine to me
can you somehow shift all the notes down like a microtone or something, somewhere closer to d than c#, because to me it sounds like the hitsounds are higher pitched than the music
Ohh that could be it, I tried a full semitone and it sounded bad.

Here's uh, -0.5 (half semitone) http://puu.sh/mY5Wo/1c742e04cc.rar Just replace the files in the folder
Here's one that isn't as lowered (-0.35) http://puu.sh/mY6Du/c02c8dbea6.rar

-0.75 sounds too low, Hard to tell the difference between -0.5 and -0.35, will try -0.2
melloe
-0.35 sounded a little better to me
tell me how -0.2 goes o:
Topic Starter
Charles445
-0.2 is alright, thinking -0.27 might be better though

-0.20 http://puu.sh/mY75q/affb07d9da.rar
-0.27 http://puu.sh/mY7C6/20c41fbb10.rar
Topic Starter
Charles445
Okay so the chord issues in the intro should be resolved now, so map's back in pending.
Mao
Beautiful.
MMzz
Wowiminthemapdescription.

Rank plz.
Topic Starter
Charles445
Mods welcomed
(bubbles work too)
Akiyama Mizuki

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
okay, just trying to mod the perfection

epilepsy warning maybe, 'game over' part is a bit too flashy
00:27:305 - every piano on 2/1 from 00:21:871 - to 00:26:015 - is hitobjects and not here?
00:50:512 (2,3) - ctrl+g I guess, when you put 3/4 slider + circle in this part you made distance following the emphasis of the song. But the distance here is narrower than 00:42:037 (1,2) - while the melody after 3/4 slider is higher-pitched here.
02:07:292 (8,9) - definitely has a hi-hat on blue ticks. how about like this? imo gives good expression of the music too
03:26:275 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I love you.
Topic Starter
Charles445

bbj0920 wrote:

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
epilepsy warning maybe, 'game over' part is a bit too flashy Letters at that part are picking a fade between 0.15 and 0.55, shouldn't be bright enough to cause problems
00:27:305 - every piano on 2/1 from 00:21:871 - to 00:26:015 - is hitobjects and not here? Yeah this part was a little difficult to plan, an object on the piano would work but the spinner would have to start shortly after. No matter where the spinner started it wouldn't fit with the fade-in to white. So instead I opted to leave out the object and just have the spinner take the entire segment to fit the fade-in sound. 05:10:682 - was almost a spinner because of it, lol
00:50:512 (2,3) - ctrl+g I guess, when you put 3/4 slider + circle in this part you made distance following the emphasis of the song. But the distance here is narrower than 00:42:037 (1,2) - while the melody after 3/4 slider is higher-pitched here. I'm relying 100% on the angle change to work, 1 to 2 is pretty weak regardless though, but I think 2,3 4,5 and 6,7 being strong will make up for it. Good catch by the way, that's what's going on here. The most direct parallel is 00:39:326 (1,2) - where the 2 is a significant distance away from the 1. I kinda ran out of room later LMAO
02:07:292 (8,9) - definitely has a hi-hat on blue ticks. how about like this? imo gives good expression of the music too Yeah that hihat is at all four points in the map, 01:45:597 - and then the ones in the later kiai. It's skipped to make sure those strong drum beats aren't swamped by a weaker slider. (8) in these situations could absolutely be a 1/4 slider though, since it's still dominantly focusing on the hi-hat, but I felt the movement was too weird doing that, lol. The weird movement being uh, a 1/2 pause into a 1/4 slider stream jump. I think the only times those happen are during these gimmicky parts 01:47:292 (1,2,1,2,1) - (oh and 02:43:732 (7,8,1) - I forgot about that one)
03:26:275 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I love you. NOW That's what I call E D G Y <3
yay mods

Oh I should give an example of something actually.
Most of that mod response is like, purposeful undermapping.

There is one segment of the map that underwent four beat placement revisions, which is 04:15:088 - , so I should explain a bit of it.
The problems I had with this part is, if the entire drumbeat is mapped it'll turn into the same thing for the entire segment, so some very specific undermapping happens.
The first major undermap is the slider at 04:21:189 (1) - for the melody / transition.
Then later on, 04:25:088 - these pauses are done to give more weight to the melody, only showing up mapped in rare moments like 04:31:189 (8) - .
Some sliders are also extended from 1/2 to 3/4 to fit the melody more, skipping the hihat on the 1/2
shARPII
Just a really quick thought

1. You started mapping 04:21:189 (1) - by following the melody, I wasn't expecting having 04:22:037 (2) - at all or at least, using a new combo on it? If you remove the circle, I guess you should remove the NC here 04:22:206 (1) - and put it on 04:22:545 (1) -
Nothing more to say on the rhythm for me otherwise, it's pretty solid. I'm not that good for checking positioning and flow in general but it was really enjoyable to play so I think we're reaching the final state of the map soon =3
Topic Starter
Charles445

shARPII wrote:

Just a really quick thought

1. You started mapping 04:21:189 (1) - by following the melody, I wasn't expecting having 04:22:037 (2) - at all or at least, using a new combo on it? If you remove the circle, I guess you should remove the NC here 04:22:206 (1) - and put it on 04:22:545 (1) - )
Nothing more to say on the rhythm for me otherwise, it's pretty solid. I'm not that good for checking positioning and flow in general but it was really enjoyable to play so I think we're reaching the final state of the map soon =3
aaaaa it didn't work

ok here's what happened
04:21:189 - This part needed melody stuff so I reworked it a few times.
Sliders that start on 04:21:189 - and 04:21:528 - and 04:21:867 - would work, but the slider-ends would take too much away from the starts
Circles that start on those points would work, but the 1/1 pauses would be too out of place and be less dense than the previous bit.
So the 1/1 repeat seems to work well enough, although it makes the repeat and sliderend parts of the melody weaker.

So the problem is directly after it!
A raw 1/1 pause would work, like 04:13:393 (1,1,2,3) - , but might be too similar to the part w/o the backing drums (too empty)
A circle at 04:22:037 (2) - would work, but has the risk of being too powerful in comparison to the repeat and the sliderend (a hihat overpowering the melody really sucks). Problem is, that circle would make everything work out real nice, and makes 04:22:206 (1) - even stronger than before (jump).

So what I ended up doing was an attempt to make (2) as weak as possible, so it has no spacing (drop-off from the 1)., no loud hitsound, no nothing, it's a circle you can be asleep and hit perfectly.
I don't think I succeeded with it though, you wouldn't have pointed it out if I did, LOL

So it's not great but I don't have any other ideas for it :?
Alheak
sounds definitely better now

just a little mod though since a couple of things were bugging me:

1. 00:37:800 (6,1) - the dropoff flow feels really weird here:
    The orange slashed arrow shows where i want to leave (6), but i have to do this awkward angle with the yellow path to not slider break, here's what i'd do:
  2. 00:48:648 (6,1) - ^
yeah i guess that's all lol, i don't know if it'll help but those things definitely felt weird for me while playing

very nice map otherwise, especially those parts 01:48:987 - to 01:58:139 - like this have a very nice flow to them
Topic Starter
Charles445
The intended movement on that is to actually not drop off but to follow the 6 a bit longer, making the movement to the next slider moving down and to the left, not straight down.
It works most of the time I think?.. Most of the people I've seen play it hang onto the slider for a pretty long time.

Here's what I mean (literally took this from azer's vid lol) http://puu.sh/n5RJb/82d9186926.jpg
You can see the yellow bits where the cursor was.

Here's a (crap) picture from Nyquill's stream vod, http://puu.sh/n5S0S/fecd4ef288.jpg he didn't go as far to the right but still held on to the slider for an extended period of time.

And finally Doomsday's vod http://puu.sh/n5S3S/9a48d4edb4.jpg

So that's the intention but I guess it won't work for everybody. The solution would be to move the two sliders apart visually but I don't want to risk slider breaks.
-Atri-
Since when you become an elite storyboarder
Secretpipe
I was curious about 01:56:783 (1) - since there's a bass sound at 01:56:953 - and it had to be emphasized by a circle but that must be me I guess..
Same about 02:18:478 (1) -
Also you skipped an important kick at 06:38:139 - and 06:39:495 - and 06:40:851 - etc.. , I'd strongly recommand you to fix that!

Other than that , you did a really good job! Gl for rankin' that!
Topic Starter
Charles445

Secretpipe wrote:

I was curious about 01:56:783 (1) - since there's a bass sound at 01:56:953 - and it had to be emphasized by a circle but that must be me I guess..
Same about 02:18:478 (1) -
Also you skipped an important kick at 06:38:139 - and 06:39:495 - and 06:40:851 - etc.. , I'd strongly recommand you to fix that!

Other than that , you did a really good job! Gl for rankin' that!

I think the melody is overpowering stuff at 01:56:783 (1) - , also I'm skipping over stuff for the gimmick (like 01:53:393 - )

06:38:139 - People ask about this a lot so here's my uh, overly long explanation because I write those for some reason.
The original track this is based off of is transitioning into the very end moment of the song at that point The bass in the original is incredibly important for that; it basically carries that entire segment. The remix moves the kick to the middle of the long bass notes, but mapping that kick would lose that really important bass.

A goal of mine with this set was to not only map to the remix, but also to match the original songs thematically.
Here's some examples so I don't sound completely insane.

00:00:000 - First song, basically serves as a lead-in to the main song. Needs to be calm but a little unsettling to match the song's implications.
00:30:004 - This isn't part of the original song, so I took a guess as to what it references. I got BD's help for this part.
04:06:952 - I think I posted about this before, but the fact that this song is part of this remix is super awesome (and super messed up damn)
So making sure the unique parts of this were mapped was really important.
05:56:783 - Song change, sorta! The way the first part of this is mapped/hitsounded might remind you of another ranked set.
SnowNiNo_

Charles445 wrote:

Mods welcomed
1pc test play (change to AR10
00:34:749 (5) - im wonder why dont make a slow-speed slider that end at 00:35:258 - or 00:35:342 - , i think a slow-speed slider fit perfect with the music LOL. and 00:45:597 (5) - the same
01:24:749 (2) - the reverse slider doesnt fit here, you can try this, i think it's better here
01:36:444 (1) - maybe the slider end 01:36:953 - here?
01:37:122 (1) - end 01:37:631 - here?
04:35:766 (4) - NC here instead of 04:36:444 (1) - ?

awesome storyboard and awesome map XD
i like it a lot <3
btw if you got time can you also check out my map, i want to rank my map before the new ranking system, and now im finding for BN or QAT OWO
thanks in advance :)
Topic Starter
Charles445

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

1pc test play (change to AR10 nice
00:34:749 (5) - im wonder why dont make a slow-speed slider that end at 00:35:258 - or 00:35:342 - , i think a slow-speed slider fit perfect with the music LOL. and 00:45:597 (5) - the same That would work,, but I want the pause there to be as abrupt as possible to fit how undertale handles its name drops.
01:24:749 (2) - the reverse slider doesnt fit here, you can try this, i think it's better here There's no kick where there would normally be one, so it's stuffed into a slider-end this time around. It also prevents 1/1 distance to circles in this slow part (easier to acc).
01:36:444 (1) - maybe the slider end 01:36:953 - here? The sound is echoing on 1/1 here, so it's where the slider end goes, much like the part before it. For example, 01:32:885 (3) - is an echo for the sliderend.
01:37:122 (1) - end 01:37:631 - here? Same echo :D
04:35:766 (4) - NC here instead of 04:36:444 (1) - ? That would be a visual improvement, but I'm keeping combos consistent here for hp drain / readability reasons.

awesome storyboard and awesome map XD
i like it a lot <3
btw if you got time can you also check out my map, i want to rank my map before the new ranking system, and now im finding for BN or QAT OWO
thanks in advance :) There's no way the listed system change is actually going to happen, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for the mod :D
I've been a bit busy lately so I haven't been able to look at people's maps, but I'll keep it in mind when I'm not busy!
GugUCorn
Charlestale

It need to rank!

Okoratu
I can't hear most of the hitsounds even if i set music volume to 60% and leave hitsounds where they are.
The beginning and some other places feels weird to me due to audio feedback being really really similar to the actual audio
this is a placeholder
Nathan
Just some minor thoughts from testplaying, couldn't find anything else

1. 05:53:563 (4,5) - This spacing seemed awkwardly small considering the speed of the movement from 05:53:224 (3,4)
  2. 07:06:614 (4,5,6) - The lack of direction change in this wide angle felt random, especially after the sharp movements from 07:05:766 (1,2,3,4)
  3. 03:30:342 - I misread this since the circles abruptly disappeared after holding the majority of my focus over many repeats
  4. 02:47:461 (4,5,6,7,8) - You've already told me the reasoning behind this stream shape, but if you can find a way to change it to a normal curve I recommend doing so. It's literally the only uneven stream shape in the midst of a structured dnb map afaerhjtehnkjakdlf
Well the map is pretty much perfect, just call me back whenever you want an icon
Topic Starter
Charles445

sukiNathan wrote:

Just some minor thoughts from testplaying, couldn't find anything else

1. 05:53:563 (4,5) - This spacing seemed awkwardly small considering the speed of the movement from 05:53:224 (3,4) Oh snap
  2. 07:06:614 (4,5,6) - The lack of direction change in this wide angle felt random, especially after the sharp movements from 07:05:766 (1,2,3,4) I think this one is going to be alright.
  3. 03:30:342 - I misread this since the circles abruptly disappeared after holding the majority of my focus over many repeats
    A lot of people do... but it's a gamble I have to take for this part to work well... lol
  4. 02:47:461 (4,5,6,7,8) - You've already told me the reasoning behind this stream shape, but if you can find a way to change it to a normal curve I recommend doing so. It's literally the only uneven stream shape in the midst of a structured dnb map afaerhjtehnkjakdlf It's the good kind of inconsistent IMO... at least that's what I said when I refused to change the slider in dragons, lololol
Well the map is pretty much perfect, just call me back whenever you want an icon
Someone is uh, talking about the piano sounds atm so hold off on that LOLMessing with the spinner right now, apparently it looks bad in newer versions of the game but fine in fallback...

Okay it should be good now!!
Okoratu

Okoratu wrote:

I can't hear most of the hitsounds even if i set music volume to 60% and leave hitsounds where they are.
The beginning and some other places feels weird to me due to audio feedback being really really similar to the actual audio
this is a placeholder
is this like a thing^^^

uh the song is changing density so much so i assume it's intended but like tick2 would work better for most faster parts i assume lmao
03:30:342 - tbh this gimmick confused me the first 4 times i tried it, like i expected to somehow continue clicking where the circles went...
the only way i see this being adressed would be taking 03:30:681 (2,4,2,4) - and move them with a crtlg where the next circles would have been.
i have no idea if you want to do that, prolly not but i think it'd be more intuitive to comprehend on sightreads
03:38:138 (4,1) - slightly bothered of these touching but i guess otherwise this whole thing feels like shit
04:03:901 (1,2) - don't really get why these have to be that long holds like if im not mistaken everything else in the section is shorter by a lot so yeah idk
04:06:274 (2,4) - due to autostacking this might look a bit odd lol
04:18:478 (3,4,5,6,7) - i don't understand streamspacing on this, like every other thing is bigger why like the next 2 are .75x and after that it's like .7x mainly cuz too lazy to type a 5 manually each time so uhhh why .5x
did u run out of ideas of what to do or why do you show credits twice im confused
05:27:292 (1,3) - and some others have slightly fucked stacking but i guess that's ignorable
05:54:580 (3) - why like why suddenly put the instrument you followed the whole section long on the sliderend
06:37:461 (1,2) - if you follow melody only this should be 1/1 like the slider that follows, otherwise 3 shouldnt be 1/1 tbh (nvmthewholesectionsibuiltaroundthatfuck)
07:09:326 (5,8) - stacking ingame looks ultra weird

technically the dm and pocket and dokuro are like duplicating in tags but i suppose it is to keep them readable and understandable as a whole
since every reading of undertale is canon you could fuck the source up according to the weird caps in this song title but i guess this will just cause hate so better not lol
tag "and" if you keep a drum 'n' base tag
can tag Bergentrueckung since not many ppl have umlauts and Bergentruckung is just plain DUMB (as a german im triggered)
Topic Starter
Charles445

Okoratu wrote:

03:30:342 - tbh this gimmick confused me the first 4 times i tried it, like i expected to somehow continue clicking where the circles went...
the only way i see this being adressed would be taking 03:30:681 (2,4,2,4) - and move them with a crtlg where the next circles would have been.
i have no idea if you want to do that, prolly not but i think it'd be more intuitive to comprehend on sightreads Yeah like I said in the nathan response I'm taking this risk
03:38:138 (4,1) - slightly bothered of these touching but i guess otherwise this whole thing feels like shit Yep the overlap is to try and hint at it being a slider stream jump.
04:03:901 (1,2) - don't really get why these have to be that long holds like if im not mistaken everything else in the section is shorter by a lot so yeah idk Transition, instrument in the music is getting more intense... mostly for the transition.
04:06:274 (2,4) - due to autostacking this might look a bit odd lol Yeah, fortunately it worked out well, autostack is hit or miss and I think it works here
04:18:478 (3,4,5,6,7) - i don't understand streamspacing on this, like every other thing is bigger why like the next 2 are .75x and after that it's like .7x mainly cuz too lazy to type a 5 manually each time so uhhh why .5x Oh at this speed it really doesn't change much at all, sometimes I'd want travel distance to be less but to have the same overall feeling... so like subtle changes in distance can get you where you want without changing the feel.
did u run out of ideas of what to do or why do you show credits twice im confused Only a few people will understand what's happening at that point. Possibly no one... I would like people to figure it out, although it is only solvable to specific people...
05:27:292 (1,3) - and some others have slightly fucked stacking but i guess that's ignorable stacking is ok when automatic does an ok job and I think it does an oko job uhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuh
05:54:580 (3) - why like why suddenly put the instrument you followed the whole section long on the sliderend T R A N S I T I O N B O Y S
06:37:461 (1,2) - if you follow melody only this should be 1/1 like the slider that follows, otherwise 3 shouldnt be 1/1 tbh (nvmthewholesectionsibuiltaroundthatfuck) ye whole section since in the original song it's really important thematically and I'll be damned if I have to map that weird kick so I put a loud ass hitsound and made the storyboard do the bass like it needs to etc etc pretentiousness etc
07:09:326 (5,8) - stacking ingame looks ultra weird it's fine usually i want to stab automatic stacker but it's ok

technically the dm and pocket and dokuro are like duplicating in tags but i suppose it is to keep them readable and understandable as a whole
since every reading of undertale is canon you could fuck the source up according to the weird caps in this song title but i guess this will just cause hate so better not lol
tag "and" if you keep a drum 'n' base tag
can tag Bergentrueckung since not many ppl have umlauts and Bergentruckung is just plain DUMB (as a german im triggered) ok oko
Thanks for the mod, messed with the tags
Fatfan Kolek
osu! needs more annoying dogs!

I'm hyped already! :D
Okoratu
idk why you weren't sure that i'd bubble or not most of the stuff i said is minor / dismissable
Nathan
ok oko
Luel Roseline
Yes!
We need final nominator who is flame this map.
Topic Starter
Charles445
I would really like people to have the best experience possible when playing this set.

That's why the intro is mapped the way it is: to allow for the storyboard to play properly, the custom piano chord hitsounds to play, and most importantly, to have the player interact minimally with those few objects in-game. This all combines to create a calm feeling, much like the song... it is important buildup for the sudden title-drop.

If sliders were to functionally change, the intro would no longer work as intended... in fact it would become one of the hardest parts of the map... the complete opposite of its intention.

So with that said, if this map is not ranked, and ScoreV2 is in effect....
I will send it to graveyard, as it will be permanently broken.

If this map is ranked, but ScoreV2 is added to it later...
I strongly urge no-one to play it from that point on. Broken beatmaps play like shit.
show more