forum

[Announcement] Taiko Nominator Association (disbanded)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Team disbanded. For more information >read this.<

Hello everyone!

We would like to present to you a new unified modding queue of the Beatmap Nominators for the Taiko community. The Taiko BNs worked on it for quite some time. This system leans towards the current ranking system in osu! and should ensure an easier and faster ranking process. But there is more behind this.

What is the Taiko Nominator Association?

While this isn't a new system per se, it does interact and work with the current ranking system. We are going to use a big shared queue in the Taiko subforum, the Taiko Nominator Association. The main idea behind this is to make BNs work together in order to compensate the amount of mod request in a better way and get maps ranked in a faster way . Take note that participating BNs are not allowed to take requests outside of this shared queue. In this way, we want to organize the Nominators in a more structured way and ensure that we can fairly split the work among each other. The team contains only BNs and will be open for every new Taiko-BN if they agree to join.

The System

Maps which has been put into the queue by the user will be put into an internal list. There, we determine via voting by every team member whether a map will be modded or not. Once it is decided what maps will be modded, the team will split into groups which are assigned to certain maps and which they are going to check and maybe nominate the map at the end. If it happens that a map we modded gets DQ'd, we will just recheck it and go for qualification again when deemed suitable for Qualified status again.

There are of course some requirements you have to follow to get your map accepted by the TNA.
  1. You show three recent mods of yours on any Taiko map you want.
  2. You show one mod on one of the maps which were not accepted by the TNA. We will throw back every declined map into a special list that can be used for this.
In any case, make sure to read the following guides to polish your map to the highest quality possible:
  1. [Guide] Appropriate Difficulties in Taiko
  2. [Guide] Mapping Taiko Difficulties
  3. [Help] Taiko Modding Academy
Ensuring top quality on your own maps before requesting a mod from us increases the chances highly to receive a nomination after our revision. Make sure to put most efforts into your maps to max out this chances as much as possible! If your maps are not even close to be considered for a nomination by us, we might even reject your request and roughly explain you why.

Why are we doing this and what do we want to achieve?

As mentioned above, we want to organize the Nominators in a more structured way and ensure that we can fairly split the work among each other. Moreover, we want to make every mapper return something to the community in order to receive mods. By this way, we revitalize the Taiko modding environment and get more people into the actual modding. Who knows? Maybe someone gets interested in joining the Beatmap Nominators, too? Right now, we want everyone who takes to also give back a small portion of work.

Keep in mind that this not the actual queue and just a notification to everyone who is interested in mapping and modding for the Taiko community. The actual queue is here.
Raiden

OzzyOzrock wrote:

There are of course some requirements you have to follow to get your map accepted by the TNA.
  1. You show three recent mods of yours on any map you want.
  2. You show one mod on one of the maps which were not accepted by the TNA. We will throw back every declined map into a special list that can be used for this.
This really seems like a fair system, however I have to point one possible flaw that it might cause... which falls into mod quality

This meaning that some people might end up modding pretty lazily (not that they're newbies at modding, but I think you catch my drift), with mods such as "change k change d" in 2 counted spots in a map, which end up not making even any sense.

To fix this I guess we could count in another variable, the one I stated above: mod quality. It is difficult to recognize objectively how helpful a mod has been to improve a mapper's map. But I honestly think the TNA will have enough common sense to determine whether a mod has been REALLY useful for a mapper, or just a bunch of random suggestions for the sake of getting to link a mod. Other than that, this system looks SWEET to me. Great job guys <3

Peace out \o/

And really nice initiative, you never cease to impress me :* Keep up the good work #taiko!!!
OnosakiHito
This will happen anyway. Right now it's about bringing the community to mod at all. Those who mod with higher quality could be rewarded as BNs anyway.
Bara-
Nice
More attention to Taiko
Good luck!
Nofool

OzzyOzrock wrote:

an easier and faster ranking process

OzzyOzrock wrote:

nice meme man

OzzyOzrock wrote:

participating BNs are not allowed to take requests outside of this shared queue
ha shiet time to stop trying to rank ;_;
qoot8123
nice! 8-)
Nardoxyribonucleic
Let's push this forward~ :)
shionelove
This is really good,no one complain this
Why mania didn't like this gg
I hope this is a chance i improve my skills
tasuke912
GOOOOD
Charlotte
Nice~ :)
Senritsu
<(ゝω•)~☆
Surono
`,,,J` aihh i see think like this.... ayy sir.
PatZar

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Let's push this forward~ :)
i want to join but lol
MMzz
Yay more work for me.
kouzuki_karen
10/10 chart
Blanc Kisaragi
nice...
Volta
yay
JBHyperion
This looks pretty sweet, having a group of BNs working together should be more productive than having everyone work independently - sharing ideas, promoting the most worthy maps and encouraging more people to mod... Sounds like a hit to me (:

Would be good to do something like this for CtB since we have so few active modders D:

Good luck with the group!
Nyan
This will be good
Aldwych
Definitevely +1 on this.
[Ayase Eli]
I don't know what any of this means but yayyy!
Bara-
When will this start?
Also, who are the participating BN?
EdamaMe411
ok
CXu

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Does this include all mods, or only taiko mods?
Raiden
Logic tells us that they should be taiko mods, but idk lol
JUDYDANNY

CXu wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Only Taiko.
OnosakiHito
@Baraatje: This will be announced soon.
@Cxu: Only Taiko mods. If other modes would be included, we couldn't generate mods for Taiko in a sufficient way. I guess you are worried about GDs? The guest differ should slowly learn to find mods by their own anyway.

Edit: lol, three people posted at the same time.
JUDYDANNY

OnosakiHito wrote:

Edit: lol, three people posted at the same time.
www http://puu.sh/jLpte/590109d261.jpg
Nardoxyribonucleic

CXu wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Sorry that I didn't explain it in a more detailed way in PM. You may coordinate with the guests and let them have a try when the TNA queue is formally open.

I hope it would be more clear to you now.
Bara-
Nice ninja's
Looking forward to it
Dino99
cool~~
Surono
hope not goned Modding Skill.. or just lazy brain. blah engliz.
show more