forum

DragonForce - The Last Journey Home

posted
Total Posts
show more
Charm

Kheldragar wrote:

I think he means humanly passable; you aren't going to pass DT mad machine.
uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWd-GIhqiQI
Yuudachi-kun
My god

Okay, I change it to passing DT FD4D
Inteno
Oh god, this map is pure beauty.

I really like it alot.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

My god

ya just gotta bullshit the streams, its not necessary to do 405 bpm to pass them, just like its not necessary to do 270 to pass the shorter delrio streams :^)
PatZar
:O
Spayyce
waiting for a Tom(tm) pp weight change to HR that makes the pp go down 60pp or something
Hitorikko

[ Space ] wrote:

waiting for a Tom(tm) pp weight change to HR that makes the pp go down 60pp or something
:D
AustinsGuitar
lol tom the "needs less pp now" man
Charm

Riince wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

My god

ya just gotta bullshit the streams, its not necessary to do 405 bpm to pass them, just like its not necessary to do 270 to pass the shorter delrio streams :^)

Timefreeze DT?
Nyxa

Kheldragar wrote:

My god

I was so expecting another youtube video after this post

Just stick to DT Rainbow Dash Likes Girls
Vuelo Eluko

Tess wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

My god

pretty sure C 1x missed that with relax
silmarilen

Riince wrote:

Tess wrote:

pretty sure C 1x missed that with relax
was that before or after he 4mod fc'd that tag4 map?
Jerome
deleted
Garven
Hi Jenny,

We need to disqualify your map due to the massive slowdown slider. Try to make the transition more natural as it is very abrupt as it stands (nearly a magnitude of difference between the BPM and velocity change). A word of advice for your future maps: if you plan on making a slider such as this, I highly recommend that you try to stay within the bounds of the editor first, then look to options beyond it after exhausting standard means. You have .75x available that haven't been used that could also help towards transitioning to this long slider.

Some additional notes:

Your stack leniency is set really low, but there weren't any patterns that really require that and your consecutive 1/2 stacks weren't stacking properly. You should raise this if you don't have any advanced patterns that require this setting.

If possible, could you reduce the intensity of the white transition flashes in the storyboard?

I had a few issues seeing the brown combo color against the cloudy background, but others were fine with it.
XiMerx
RIP 600pp score
azer467
rip index
Topic Starter
Jenny
Rank was a nice joke, huh..
Proxy
rest in peace :C
Kyubey
Slider is well readable though. And sliderpoints help with it, but whatever. Jenny, call me for re-bubble/re-qualify when ready.
Mismagius
I'm usually alright with unranking maps but this one was the most unnecessary unrank ever, and you even made up 'additional comments' that wouldn't improve the map in any way just so you could back up the reason that "this map needs improvement"?

geez..
Topic Starter
Jenny
I'd also argue that the slow but steadily (and quite aggressive) "train squeaking", as I call it, does call for exactly this: a very very slowly progressing hold note, one that forces you to focus again.

This part doesn't sound appropriate for either the glorious "fix-it-all spinner" (since it's a slow and grinding note- seriously, who's mind goes "LET'S SPIN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW" when hearing this part?) or a breaktime (break, no pressure at all, no focus, take the pen off the tablet or hand off the mouse, what does it matter what happens, it's a faqqing breaktime) - it's a tense moment between the two sections and that's why it draws so much attention and focus.

One shouldn't be obliged to chose between following/complimenting the music and getting their map ranked, specifically when it's about such a trivial issue, which isn't even one for most people playing (and succeeding at) the map in question, but that's my opinion.
Lanturn
Since this got dq'd. I'd like to point out there's an incorrect timing point about 2/3rds of the song during the 13/25% section. One of the heads is 13% making it impossible to hear. Not to mention that whole section is wxtremely quiet and should be raised.

I'll link the specific spot when I get home if you can't find it. I'm at work right now though.
Aka
well, i suggested to lenghten it before.. huh.
Jenny said plenty of testplays were OK with the slider so i dont even know what to think now
joolomasta
The map was already DQ'd one time because of that slider. How is it possible that it took the QAT team 6 days to notice that the slider was still the same?

Also, it doesn't really make sense that the reason for DQ is partly based on an untrue statement (there is a slowdown that uses 0.75x contrary to what the post says). The stack leniency setting has no effect on the map itself so it cannot be a reason for disqualification, neither the white flashes in the storyboard. I haven't heard players complaining about that slider, either. This leaves us with nothing warranting a DQ.

I hope that this is an April fools joke because if it isn't, it might be the most unreasonable disqualification in a long time. If you just want to DQ it, please at least try to find a better argument for the reason to do so.
hehe

joolomasta wrote:

The map was already DQ'd one time because of that slider. How is it possible that it took the QAT team 6 days to notice that the slider was still the same?
different reasons? first DQ was for too drain being too high on HR (fixed by adjusting HP), second was due to 'abruptness'. the slider being the same has no connection to both DQs.

joolomasta wrote:

Also, it doesn't really make sense that the reason for DQ is partly based on an untrue statement (there is a slowdown that uses 0.75x contrary to what the post says). The stack leniency setting has no effect on the map itself so it cannot be a reason for disqualification, neither the white flashes in the storyboard. I haven't heard players complaining about that slider, either. This leaves us with nothing warranting a DQ.

Garven wrote:

Some additional notes:.
fuel your QAT hate somewhere else. (quite sure garven meant using more of the playfield for the slider, not SV)
Topic Starter
Jenny

handsome wrote:

joolomasta wrote:

different reasons? first DQ was for too drain being too high on HR (fixed by adjusting HP), second was due to 'abruptness'. the slider being the same has no connection to both DQs.

Actually the first DQ was because I asked for it since there was repeated interest in making the map passable on HR; the slider didn't play any role in that at all.

@Lanturn: 06:42:555 (5) - if this is the slider you mean, sure I can fix that. won't upload for now though, no changes until this entire thing is cleared up.
joolomasta

handsome wrote:

fuel your QAT hate somewhere else. (quite sure garven meant using more of the playfield for the slider, not SV)
I had an argument to back my opinion. How you simply dismiss it as "QAT hate" and ignore the argument itself is not how civilised people discuss. You may disagree with me and that's fine but please at least provide a reason you do so instead of trying to play me down. If those points were just additional notes, they should not cause a DQ.

I'm not hating the QATs but i'm questioning the decision made here.
UndeadCapulet
If the DQ is due to the potential readability issues of the .1x SV, then I think the best solution is to stack 06:02:855 (4,5,1) - . This provides nearly half a second of stationary cursor, which is more than enough for the player to make any adjustments to an SV drop.

If the issue is because the SV is below editor boundaries, then you should probably just cut the slider at like 06:09:337 or so. I know that's not what you want to happen, but imo a 15 second long slider is pretty silly. Cutting it at around where the guitar echo dies out gives close to the feeling of intensity you're looking for while not being obnoxiously long and taking up a ton of the screen after the mandatory change to .5x SV.
xxdeathx
Happy April fool's...right?

RIGHT?
Ash Marley
That slider was ridiculous anyway. You shouldn't need to slider break on a sightread because the mapper made an out of place sudden super slowed down slider after a 2000+ combo. WWW minus 1 because of that unnecessary change in velocity. I'm sure many more messed up by that out of the blue slider.
Mismagius

Ash Marley wrote:

That slider was ridiculous anyway. You shouldn't need to slider break on a sightread because the mapper made an out of place sudden super slowed down slider after a 2000+ combo. WWW minus 1 because of that unnecessary change in velocity. I'm sure many more messed up by that out of the blue slider.
What do you suggest then? Criticizing and not giving any suggestion that would work better considering the comment from the mapper won't help much.
Lax_old_1

Ash Marley wrote:

Hmmmm? Jenny explained her reasoning behind that slider and it makes perfect sense to me.
Go read up on the discussion first dude.
Ash Marley

Lax wrote:

Ash Marley wrote:

Hmmmm? Jenny explained her reasoning behind that slider and it makes perfect sense to me.
Go read up on the discussion first dude.
It doesn't change that it's too unexpected and inconsistent. The "rhythm" is killed at that point.
unko
Or people could stop aiming for "perfection" and aim for maps that are fun to play. To me, that's the best quality, and it doesn't require a team to assure me about it.
shARPII
Good evening everyone,

We've cleaned non constructive posts from this topic.
Please, this topic sould be useful for the mapper. At least, give a constructed opinion about the beatmap and not about a player's performance.

I know it's April 1st but you guys should avoid doing that again or we'll need to take actions against some users / locking this topic in the worst case.

Keep in mind that getting a map disqualified isn't something bad, we all want to see ranked/approved beatmaps which will be enjoyed by as many users as possible.

Thank you!
Ayachi-
Fun doesn't always means good, please stay on topic and provide map related suggestions that will be helpful for mapper to improve his/her map
Manolift
There's a skinnable thing called "sliderscorepoint" if you can see a slow slider coming with many of these points, you should change it and learn not only to read circles and sliders but also those tiny circles inside
hehe

[ Manoa ] wrote:

There's a skinnable thing called "sliderscorepoint" if you can see a slow slider coming with many of these points, you should change it and learn not only to read circles and sliders but also those tiny circles inside
i'm not really on anyone's side but this isn't a very good way to determine SV at all. if you checked ingame the ticks appear slowly after the slider appears, it isn't too reliable as a reading tool. plus the first few points are on the sliderhead itself, not much you can see about that.
Lanturn

Jenny wrote:

@Lanturn: 06:42:555 (5) - if this is the slider you mean, sure I can fix that. won't upload for now though, no changes until this entire thing is cleared up.

That's the one. Good luck getting this requalified. Beautiful map.
Monstrata
Just throwing this out there but since your intention was to force players to focus on the extended 0.1x slider, why not use a fancier slider than a simple curve with 3 control points? With such a straight-forward slider, once you've landed it, that's basically it for the slider experience because its so linear. Varying the slider path would also force players to focus on playing out the slider, not just landing it.

Either ways though, I felt the slow-down in both spacing and SV was adequate leading up to the slider so best of luck re-ranking this! :)

RIP 600 pp though lol~
show more