forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
TheVileOne
I am dissatisfied with how many placeholder pages there are in the wiki. I would not mind lending a hand filling these pages.
Sakura

TheVileOne wrote:

I am dissatisfied with how many placeholder pages there are in the wiki. I would not mind lending a hand filling these pages.
Then go ahead and do so? afaik anyone can edit the wiki.
TheVileOne
I see that there is not a modding guide. I am planning to make a comprehensive account of modding. I might as well structure it in the form of a wiki page. I'm not entirely sure how to edit a page meant to be a placeholder. I guess I need to login to find that information.
Repflez

TheVileOne wrote:

I see that there is not a modding guide. I am planning to make a comprehensive account of modding. I might as well structure it in the form of a wiki page. I'm not entirely sure how to edit a page meant to be a placeholder. I guess I need to login to find that information.
Login and edit using the "Edit" link at the top of the article. Most pages are a placeholder due to the poor attention to diferent articles outside of the ones listed on various places of the site (FAQ, Ranking Criteria, PP, etc).

I'll contact peppy sometime this afternoon for the sidebar issue.
TheVileOne
Okay so there's a page about it, but noone linked the page to the main wiki page?

Under list of guides this needs to be put under How to Mod? https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding
Repflez
Is linked in the main page under "Online Editing and Ranking". The main page uses the links from Template:Contents.
TheVileOne
<Guides
Repflez
Oh, that. I'll add it to the template.
RaikireHiuduo
Can someone clarify the information reliability of the contents of Song Setup page?

To be honest, the "Tags" part is still questionable.
There was one time I was searching for [K] ranked song at osu! but the beatmap searchbar gives nothing until I type it out as "KINGS" (OP title).
TicClick
The search engine on osu! site doesn't work with queries that are shorter than 3 letters. The beatmap can also not have a tag you're searching with.
RaikireHiuduo
Currently working on: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Multiplayer

One question:-
Free Mods. (Elaborate completely if possible)
Will Host's selected mods (like DT/NC, HD, EZ and SO) be forced into the player? I do know SD/PF will not work.

EDIT: Figured it out how it works.

Discussion:-
I am somewhat planning to overhaul the whole page with tables. Should I leave it as it is now or going full table like what i did to Options page?
Repflez
Add the tables. It looks more organized with them.

I'll see if I can update some screenshots today. With the new default skin, is pretty much needed.
RaikireHiuduo
Need test-checking the Match Setup (Multi)'s table:-

Need variable screen resolution test. I suspect the table may end up clashing with the picture, causing the format to split into up and down.

EDIT: Checked.

---
In the unrelated note, I do know today is April Fool Day but to be frank, my activity at the EN wiki may decrease over time due to RL issues (not relationships, mind you). So, before I am completely dissolved into RL, who's going to update the EN wiki? :o

---
Unrelated edit: Tsundere Boat. Remind me to update both History of osu! and EN commands list. I will need copy-writers for EN command list tho.. 15.5.13 Edit: Current priority on History of osu! now. Commands list are going to Abandoned Graveyard.
theowest

the wiki is in a need of an update? I can't log in, however I've never done that before.
MillhioreF
Known bug, peppy's tried to fix it and failed. You have to log in as "Theowest" or it won't work (first letter must be capital)
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Known bug, peppy's tried to fix it and failed. You have to log in as "Theowest" or it won't work (first letter must be capital)
Thank you!
RaikireHiuduo
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Sandbox-5 (Summary for the FAQ page... probably)

Help. Anyone got any idea what to add into it / remove? :o
XPJ38

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Is there a need to?
RaikireHiuduo

XPJ38 wrote:

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Is there a need to?
Nope. Opinion taken. Thanks.

New question: Which part of the wiki still need update (other than Beatmapping, which I currently have no idea of)?
[Dellirium]

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

New question: Which part of the wiki still need update (other than Beatmapping, which I currently have no idea of)?
CSS.
DJ Angel
Two questions :

I'm interested on translating some of the content of the wiki to portuguese, how can I do so? (without breaking any rule/bugging it up)

Is there a template I can use?
Repflez
Copy the pages on the new place (Don't move but copy). Usually in the appropiate namespace (PT:Article for example).

As for a template, I don't think there's a "Translation in progress" template yet. You can always create it if you want.
DJ Angel
I guess I got the basics, heres the page I'm editing atm http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/PT:Beatmapping
Could you check and see if is everything fine?
Hayden_old
add a profile wiki thread in wiki for more info
DJ Angel

Hayden wrote:

add a profile wiki thread in wiki for more info
I got the idea, how can I do it?
GolGate
How should I name a translated template page? I've seen both Template:Name/CountryCode and Template:CountryCode:Name
YunoFanatic
How Can I Write Things?
[Dellirium]

YunoFanatic wrote:

How Can I Write Things?
Click “Edit” on the article you want to edit ^_^

If you want to create a new one, type name of article in Search field, click “ok” and then you can see at the bottom something like “Create the page "name" on this wiki!”. Click the red link and write your article.
DJ Angel

GolGate wrote:

How should I name a translated template page? I've seen both Template:Name/CountryCode and Template:CountryCode:Name
I use PT:<article> based on the english version of it, I suppose you could do the same, RU did the same.
[Dellirium]
For templates: Template:Country_code (caps'd):Name

Tell me if there are templates with another naming, I'll rename them.
Sunsengnim
Uh... I'm not really sure where to ask this since this is actually really my first time posting here, but...

What do you do if your beatmap is updated and/or says 'Click here to update this map'
Then, when you click it, it won't update?

Like... I'm in an online match with my friend and it shows this for her (she's quite new to Osu! so, I was trying to help her look for some clues on how to fix the said issue.):

Any ideas? Thanks~
peppy
This is most definitely not the thread you are looking for. Please try tech support.
Kingkevin30
i translated Parts of the Easy Diff Topic to german, it would be great if someone could take a look over it.
Sunsengnim

peppy wrote:

This is most definitely not the thread you are looking for. Please try tech support.
Alright, thanks! I've never really been around the wiki or help forum before since I never needed it >_<~
Dororo
Um I can make GIFs will that help osu!wiki?
DJ Angel

D o r o r o wrote:

Um I can make GIFs will that help osu!wiki?

probably yes, a animation of a slider ball will be more practical than a static image of the same, spinner spinning and osu! scoring (50,100,300) too, but well, please keep in mind the file size, the page might get too heavy to load.
Dororo

DJ Angel wrote:

probably yes, a animation of a slider ball will be more practical than a static image of the same, spinner spinning and osu! scoring (50,100,300) too, but well, please keep in mind the file size, the page might get too heavy to load.
All I need is a video of it because screen recording programs hate my computer. :D
RaikireHiuduo
Repflez
Vacation ended for me, so I'm doing finally some work to the wiki.

Since the language sidebar is not going to happen soon (It seems that peppy's busy with some other things), I went and did a makeover to the {{OL }} template. I hope it looks good and fits well.

And someone can explain this? I saw the reasons but I can't enter osu! to check it. (OpenGL in Win 7 + 2002 PC = unplayable mess).

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Can someone check for grammer usage errors in this page? May/June isn't completed yet.
Tried running it at least in Office's Word/Google Docs? It helps when doing that kind of checks.
K2J
I'm honored that TicClick began translating the giant Storyboard Scripting pages into Russian. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's not really a "guide" per se - and there probably should be a more beginner-friendly guide on the wiki instead of this multi-page monster scaring them away. I've posted a link to Doomsday's video for now, but I think the wiki deserves a text-based guide as well, and one not written by me, as those apparently turn out to be 10 pages long :o .
show more