forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
theowest

the wiki is in a need of an update? I can't log in, however I've never done that before.
MillhioreF
Known bug, peppy's tried to fix it and failed. You have to log in as "Theowest" or it won't work (first letter must be capital)
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Known bug, peppy's tried to fix it and failed. You have to log in as "Theowest" or it won't work (first letter must be capital)
Thank you!
RaikireHiuduo
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Sandbox-5 (Summary for the FAQ page... probably)

Help. Anyone got any idea what to add into it / remove? :o
XPJ38

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Is there a need to?
RaikireHiuduo

XPJ38 wrote:

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Is there a need to?
Nope. Opinion taken. Thanks.

New question: Which part of the wiki still need update (other than Beatmapping, which I currently have no idea of)?
[Dellirium]

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

New question: Which part of the wiki still need update (other than Beatmapping, which I currently have no idea of)?
CSS.
DJ Angel
Two questions :

I'm interested on translating some of the content of the wiki to portuguese, how can I do so? (without breaking any rule/bugging it up)

Is there a template I can use?
Repflez
Copy the pages on the new place (Don't move but copy). Usually in the appropiate namespace (PT:Article for example).

As for a template, I don't think there's a "Translation in progress" template yet. You can always create it if you want.
DJ Angel
I guess I got the basics, heres the page I'm editing atm http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/PT:Beatmapping
Could you check and see if is everything fine?
Hayden_old
add a profile wiki thread in wiki for more info
DJ Angel

Hayden wrote:

add a profile wiki thread in wiki for more info
I got the idea, how can I do it?
GolGate
How should I name a translated template page? I've seen both Template:Name/CountryCode and Template:CountryCode:Name
YunoFanatic
How Can I Write Things?
[Dellirium]

YunoFanatic wrote:

How Can I Write Things?
Click “Edit” on the article you want to edit ^_^

If you want to create a new one, type name of article in Search field, click “ok” and then you can see at the bottom something like “Create the page "name" on this wiki!”. Click the red link and write your article.
DJ Angel

GolGate wrote:

How should I name a translated template page? I've seen both Template:Name/CountryCode and Template:CountryCode:Name
I use PT:<article> based on the english version of it, I suppose you could do the same, RU did the same.
[Dellirium]
For templates: Template:Country_code (caps'd):Name

Tell me if there are templates with another naming, I'll rename them.
Sunsengnim
Uh... I'm not really sure where to ask this since this is actually really my first time posting here, but...

What do you do if your beatmap is updated and/or says 'Click here to update this map'
Then, when you click it, it won't update?

Like... I'm in an online match with my friend and it shows this for her (she's quite new to Osu! so, I was trying to help her look for some clues on how to fix the said issue.):

Any ideas? Thanks~
peppy
This is most definitely not the thread you are looking for. Please try tech support.
Kingkevin30
i translated Parts of the Easy Diff Topic to german, it would be great if someone could take a look over it.
Sunsengnim

peppy wrote:

This is most definitely not the thread you are looking for. Please try tech support.
Alright, thanks! I've never really been around the wiki or help forum before since I never needed it >_<~
Dororo
Um I can make GIFs will that help osu!wiki?
DJ Angel

D o r o r o wrote:

Um I can make GIFs will that help osu!wiki?

probably yes, a animation of a slider ball will be more practical than a static image of the same, spinner spinning and osu! scoring (50,100,300) too, but well, please keep in mind the file size, the page might get too heavy to load.
Dororo

DJ Angel wrote:

probably yes, a animation of a slider ball will be more practical than a static image of the same, spinner spinning and osu! scoring (50,100,300) too, but well, please keep in mind the file size, the page might get too heavy to load.
All I need is a video of it because screen recording programs hate my computer. :D
RaikireHiuduo
Repflez
Vacation ended for me, so I'm doing finally some work to the wiki.

Since the language sidebar is not going to happen soon (It seems that peppy's busy with some other things), I went and did a makeover to the {{OL }} template. I hope it looks good and fits well.

And someone can explain this? I saw the reasons but I can't enter osu! to check it. (OpenGL in Win 7 + 2002 PC = unplayable mess).

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Can someone check for grammer usage errors in this page? May/June isn't completed yet.
Tried running it at least in Office's Word/Google Docs? It helps when doing that kind of checks.
K2J
I'm honored that TicClick began translating the giant Storyboard Scripting pages into Russian. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's not really a "guide" per se - and there probably should be a more beginner-friendly guide on the wiki instead of this multi-page monster scaring them away. I've posted a link to Doomsday's video for now, but I think the wiki deserves a text-based guide as well, and one not written by me, as those apparently turn out to be 10 pages long :o .
PyaKura
"Bump" because I didn't know where to ask. I'm working on translating the wiki from English to French with a bunch of guys. I noticed that the {{OL}} template doesn't display corretly when creating a FR:[pagename] (the space where the other languages should be displayed is blank). Is there a way to correct this ?

Also, is it possible to change the page title from english to french (or another language) without it becoming "unrelated"/"unlinked" to the original english page ?
Atm, let's say I want to create a French page for General Ranking Criteria. The new page will be named FR:General Ranking Criteria, but I want it to be something else (in this case, "Critères de Ranking Généraux" in French).

Sorry if these questions has already been asked in the past, I didn't bother looking at the previous pages.
Repflez

PyaKura wrote:

"Bump" because I didn't know where to ask. I'm working on translating the wiki from English to French with a bunch of guys. I noticed that the {{OL}} template doesn't display corretly when creating a FR:[pagename] (the space where the other languages should be displayed is blank). Is there a way to correct this ?

Also, is it possible to change the page title from english to french (or another language) without it becoming "unrelated"/"unlinked" to the original english page ?
Atm, let's say I want to create a French page for General Ranking Criteria. The new page will be named FR:General Ranking Criteria, but I want it to be something else (in this case, "Critères de Ranking Généraux" in French).

Sorry if these questions has already been asked in the past, I didn't bother looking at the previous pages.
Other Languages doesn't show properly when added on a language page due to how the template looks for links. And for the link name, the details are in its documentation (Add "|fr=Critères de Ranking Généraux" on the General Ranking Criteria)
PyaKura
Oh nice, thanks a lot!
XPJ38

Repflez wrote:

Since the language sidebar is not going to happen soon (It seems that peppy's busy with some other things), I went and did a makeover to the {{OL }} template.
Any news on the language sidebar? The main page really needs one, as the links to the other languages' wikis are almost hidden (under the "These categories need new content" section :< ).

If it still won't happen anytime soon, why not including an {{OL}} in Main_Page in the meantime? This would make the main pages of the other languages a lot more visible than now. It would require to rename them though, like Chinese to ZH:Main_Page.
Repflez
Any news on the language sidebar? The main page really needs one, as the links to the other languages' wikis are almost hidden (under the "These categories need new content" section :< ).
peppy said last year that he'll work on the sidebar but I haven't heard anything from that since.

XPJ38 wrote:

If it still won't happen anytime soon, why not including an {{OL}} in Main_Page in the meantime? This would make the main pages of the other languages a lot more visible than now.
I'll do a specific {{OL}}-ish list sooner or later but I lack the motivation to do so since only certain languages are begin edited/improved.

XPJ38 wrote:

It would require to rename them though, like Chinese to ZH:Main_Page.
{{OL}} allows language pages to be named differently and still be linked correctly.
XPJ38
[Dellirium]

Repflez wrote:

peppy said last year that he'll work on the sidebar but I haven't heard anything from that since.
he even didn't correct css we wrote :c
GolGate
Is there a way to increase the cellpadding in the wiki? The current value seems to make the table content too close to the border.
Repflez

GolGate wrote:

Is there a way to increase the cellpadding in the wiki? The current value seems to make the table content too close to the border.
On wikitables? Add cellspacing="0" where 0 is the padding after the opening ( {| ).

Off-Topic: Captcha is eating my posts.
Iluya
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Live_streaming_o ... oftware.29

Overhauled the whole Streaming with OBS Page. I am not a native english speaker, so it would be nice if someone looks over it.
Also added some advanced things you can do while streaming, that can also be realized in the other streaming programs. Maybe new Cat for that kind of guide?
XPJ38
How can I add a footnote on a page? I tried with <ref>, {{ref}} and {{note}} but they don't seem to be working.

(also, is it me or the wiki is incredibly slow since yesterday?)
[Dellirium]
This wiki doesn't have <ref> plugin and noone created {{ref}} template :c
XPJ38
Ok. I'll find another way to display what I want with HTML, as I am too afraid of breaking something by creating a new template :?
show more