forum

goreshit - Satori De Pon! [CatchTheBeat|Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aqo

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

This mod post is just full of complaints that "you can't read" stuff, which doesn't make any sense at all. Also, don't be rude at mappers, this can hurt their feelings. No thanks. This is not helpful at all, and next time I'll learn to read mods before giving KDs.

Seriously, if you downloaded this long before and had a wrong MP3, please redownload thanks.

no change thanks for modding
These are not complaints. It's suggestions to improve the map's readability to make it more fun for players. I can read it with my eyes and pass it by ignoring the music, I don't "need it to be easier". However it would be nice if it followed the song better.

I'm sorry if you've taken offense by what I wrote, that was not the intention. Please learn to receive advice and not think you're being attacked. If you want to keep things as they are, that's perfectly fine, it's your map, do what you want with it. I do enjoy some parts of your mapping style, and I think you have many good ideas for mapping, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to come to this thread. I just believe timing could be improved on the map; this is based on not just my own experience, but also on several other people I know who also played this map, and complained that in some parts the connection from the map to the song was hard to understand.

Let me ask you this, just one sample to help me understand, because I'm very curious. You said:
Right after it there's another stream on 00:14:339 which also doesn't match anything in the song. this is not overmapped, please check the song in 25% speed, this song has the beats, and I think it's really undermapped actually
I have the map open in Edit mode right now, and I'm looking at 00:14:339 and onwards. At this point of time in the song, there are two rhythms going: the drums and the vocals. The drums are hitting on a consistent beat on every 1/1 timing section, so the stream is definitely not the drums.
The vocals around this time go something like "su-gi-i-na-chi-u-a-a". When checking in 25%, the "chi" part of that sequence lands on the #1 circle in that stream, the "u" part lands on the #3 circle, the "a" lands on the #5 circle, and the next "a" is supposed to land on the #7 circle, which is stacked for some reason.
So as you can see, the timing does match not the drums, and not the vocals. I can't hear any other instruments in the background. Is there any instrument I'm missing? Please point this out to me because I'm curious and I want you to point it out to me since I can't notice it.

Because I couldn't notice other instruments, I thought it would be more appropriate to put 4 circles instead of 7, and have 1/2 timing space between them instead of 1/4 - this will follow the "chi-u-a-a" part of the vocals. However maybe there is a quiet instrument that hits exactly 7 times in the timing you used, so please point it out to me if there is.

If there isn't, it means the map is overmapped - "overmapped" means that there are objects on the map which are more than there are notes in the song, so for example in this stream the #2, #4, and #6 circles are overmapped notes - notes that exist in the map but not in the song (that's why I called them "invisible"). It's ok to use overmapping, and if this is the style you want to go for, you can do it, but I still think it's confusing for player if you overmap like this - because the vocals have 4 notes in them. Won't it make more sense if you overmapped 4 more circles, to have a total stream of 8 hits (instead of 7)? This will make the connection to the song more obvious, because it will follow the song's pattern.

You can disagree with me, but I'm just trying to give you suggestions that will make this map follow the song more correctly.
This is not my own personal preference, if you want this mapset to go for ranked, MAT and BAT require that the timing in your map follows the song - they will not rank your mapset if they think the timing doesn't match, that's why I'm trying to help you to get this ranked by pointing out things that you can change to fix, so that this map won't be unrankable.
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
lol

00:14:339 is vocal

yes I listened carefully

... btw if you don't like my style, you can make another one, I have problem ranking this anyways, maybe it'll be graveyarded soon

I'm tired of ranking maps orz

or let's make a drama here so we can summon BATs

stress
Faust
On your request.

BPM: 180.20 Offset: 190
BPM: 181.60 Offset: 6,849
BPM: 94.00 Offset: 8,170
BPM: 180.00 Offset: 9,446
BPM: 170.00 Offset: 9,946
BPM: 180.00 Offset: 10,122
BPM: 185.00 Offset: 10,288
BPM: 190.00 Offset: 10,450
BPM: 235.00 Offset: 10,765

That's about all. Good luck. :oops:
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Faust wrote:

On your request.

BPM: 180.20 Offset: 190
BPM: 181.60 Offset: 6,849
BPM: 94.00 Offset: 8,170
BPM: 180.00 Offset: 9,446
BPM: 170.00 Offset: 9,946
BPM: 180.00 Offset: 10,122
BPM: 185.00 Offset: 10,288
BPM: 190.00 Offset: 10,450
BPM: 235.00 Offset: 10,765

That's about all. Good luck. :oops:

Thanks!!
Ryu_old
nyan =w=/

[Standart]
00:44:977 - move to - 00:44:722
00:45:999 - circle, nc
00:46:254 - ^
00:53:147 - move to - 00:52:892
00:54:169 - circle, nc
00:54:424 - ^
00:56:722 - move to - 00:56:977
00:56:722 - circle

[Hardcore]
~~~
[Lolicore]
00:37:190 - 00:37:573 - slider 2 repeat, just suggestion -w-

I think map is ready for rankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

good luck moe c: (btw enjoyed playin ur map, cuz i had already ur map lol before ur request)

tutturuu~ nyan nyan~
eldnl
MAT
Strawberry
好图 支持 :)
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Strawberry wrote:

好图 支持 :)
:)
sionKotori
I played Fruitcore (I'm noob >_<)...

so fun!!
go go rank
-GN
Love the song. :D I enjoyed playing this mapset, too - managed to pass Lolicore and SS Hardcore diffs. I'd shoot you a star if I could. :(

Speaking of that SS, I've never considered myself any accurate at playing. I think the OD should be increased by one, as it seems pretty slack for a hard diff.
Foreverends
短mod :D
Hardcore

升做AR8 吧 :)
更好玩 :D
00:10:122 - 建議刪circle加spinner :)
00:16:126 - new combo
00:27:105 - 加normal 1 的 finish? :)
00:20:211 - new combo
00:32:594 - add circle

神圖不用full mod了吧 :D (不過要full mod再找我XDXD)
加油哦 ;)
JAKACHAN

Needs to get ranked great map!
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
>.< graved

sorry, JAKANYAN

such an old map...
eldnl
go rank this map idiot
Kyomaku
Ungrave it then, and try to catch some mats/bats in #modrequest/#modhelp
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Kyomaku wrote:

Ungrave it then, and try to catch some mats/bats in #modrequest/#modhelp
;__;

sorry really

can't find ..
Strawberry
怎么坟了 快挖出来rank啊 ><
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Strawberry wrote:

怎么坟了 快挖出来rank啊 ><
好累 感觉不会rank了
Regou
不要放棄啊;___;
我dreamenddischarger那首13個月最後也不是rank了嗎...
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Regou wrote:

不要放棄啊;___;
我dreamenddischarger那首13個月最後也不是rank了嗎...
233反正都坟了我还不如传点新的, 我还好多张没传的图呢...

rank掉麻烦死了
Kei
This map should be ranked. Don't let it die like this. ;___;
gokiburi
I really want to show support for this map. I know nothing about mapping but I love this so far. Amazing job and would love to see it completed.
Musty
Revive & Approve this please.
Bites
I really, really want this approved.
Cygnus
;_;
JappyBabes

Bites wrote:

I really, really want this approved.
I really, really want Gezocore included in the mapset.
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
i can't update my map, it says cannot connect to map submission system

...十分感动
VelperK
rank please ;_;
Seph
I never really liked CtB diffs in general, but this is the second time I liked another one besides Spectator's Talent Shredder ctb. grats eldnl, this is just amazing.
cokeshawty
I likey :_D
JappyBabes

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

I removed Gezo's diff because omg Chewin can't do it.
But Gezo is best diff :<
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
;w;
xtrem3x
Gezocore 2.5 Diff is the best :3

my score is with Easy mod, but is better XDD
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
[no u]
02:06:179 (2) - ctrl+h this slider to have a jump
00:06:127 (1) - change the volume for this note to 79%
01:44:310 (2) - add 3 notes here
03:08:306 (3) - move this note 1 grid down
03:12:703 (1) - change the volume for this note to 70%
00:32:072 (3) - add 4 notes here
01:48:774 (1) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/545381
00:53:289 (2) - change the volume for this note to 64%
01:16:795 (2) - ctrl+j this slider to match the lyrics
02:42:638 (1) - remove whistle with sampleset drum:c2 here
02:42:853 (2) - ctrl+h this slider to match the flow better
03:27:910 (3) - add 4 notes here
03:03:396 (2) - remove finish with sampleset normal:c3 here
02:47:299 (4) - add 3 notes here
03:11:950 (1) - ctrl+j this slider for consistency
02:54:439 (2) - move this note 1 grid up
Yuzeyun
http://puu.sh/1Jtky

update my diff, pls
Ulysses
Rank this please.Dont waste your talen.
Backfire
Hey! I am going to try to fix my taiko diff and some of it's problems, i'll edit this post when it's done.

I'd really be interested in helping you get this ranked if I can. I know a few people who could help.
Akhlis_old

Most sexy map and song ever :3
And by the way, this is the first beatmap ever to see "Auto" miss! Means the map is awesome and osu still needs some more training <3

Extra Drama:
"Auto" I trusted you :( but
Yuzeyun
omg misuse of evil toddler caption

;_;
Morbon_old
I'm not good at mapping, but seems [no u] is overmapped.
show more