forum

Here ye, here ye!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Greeting denizens! In this thread ye shall see announcements and passed proposals by OT Gov. Discuss the passed votes here or suggest new proposals.

Passed proposals
Are amendments to the OTConstition

History
08/16/2019
Voters must confirm their vote on the voting thread after they've voted for it to be accepted.

08/16/2019
The host for government voting polls is now required to provide voters with unique voting tokens. Once the results are announced, the tokens must also be present in the released voting statistics. Each voter will only have 1 unique token.

8/16/2019
The host for government voting polls is allowed to vote, however they can only vote right from the beginning when no other denizen has voted.

08/16/2019
Should anyone else have voted before the host for government voting polls, said host will no longer be allowed to vote

11/22/2019
Parliament candidates must have at least one vote to be eligible for position in Parliament.

07/24/2020
Denizens are allowed to have 2 votes for 2 different parliament member candidates.

08/11/2020
Parliament members shall be considered to have resigned from their position in the OT! Government in the case of:
  1. Said Parliament member refuses to communicate or have failed to communicate with the OT president when the Parliament requires their service or opinions
  2. Said Parliament member refuses to communicate or have failed to communicate with half the number of other Parliament members.

03/19/2021
Time requirement for denizenship increased from 2 months to 8 months

03/19/2021
Remove the 10 page post history requirement to becoming a denizen.

03/19/2021
Formation of the DAT:
  1. Future OT denizens will have to atleast be in OT for 8 months before their denizenship can be reviewed by the Denizen Approval Team (DAT).
  2. Exceptions to this rule will be decided by the DAT on certain specific cases, when the 8 months requirement is not suitable to judge an individual's denizenship.
  3. The DAT will consists of current Parliament members and will hold votes regarding the inclusion of a denizen to OT.
  4. Once every 1.5 to 2 months, or whenever there's an influx of new denizens, the DAT will hold meetings to review new denizenships.
News
Latest hot spice 🌶️

History
Nothing yet

03/18/2021
- President Penguin starts proposing denizenship requirement reform. Talks of extending denizenship time requirements

03/19/2021
- President Penguin calls for an emergency vote to the many month parliament vacancy. abraker wins the seat!
- President Penguin brings forth the DAT proposal. Intense talks are present within chambers.
- The DAT (Denizen Approval Team) is formed!

02/21/2022 - 04/10/2022
- OT!President Elections
- Ghoulybits becomes OT!President!

12/11/2022
- It has been decided the DAT shall contact qualifying dwellers so they submit their own reasoning for why they should be considered for denizenship

02/27/2023 -
- OT!President Elections

02/28/2023
- Talks within the chambers regarding new OT!Laws amidst presidential elections
- OT!Laws are to protect denizens and the OT Government
- Rumors about talks of OT holidays!
[RUE]Bambinex
8 MONTHS ?

wtf ;-;
WitherMite
hmm, I dont actually meet the new denizenship requirements lmao.

first post was 6 months ago and I dont think ive done anything very noteworthy.
z0z
oh wow, this will require quite the dedication from newcomers

i don't know how far are people willing to go for denizenship though

depending how you see it, i would've just met the new requirements for denizenship or have met the requirements 6 months ago based on these new requirements

also abraker you should allow people to get here from the royal directory
Topic Starter
abraker
done
Topic Starter
abraker
Aand the DAT has been formed! Here is the final swath of changes:
- Remove the 10 page post history requirement to becoming a denizen.

- Future OT denizens will have to atleast be in OT for 8 months before their denizenship can be reviewed by the Denizen Approval Team (DAT).

- Exceptions to this rule will be decided by the DAT on certain specific cases, when the 8 months requirement is not suitable to judge an individual's denizenship.

- The DAT will consists of current Parliament members and will hold votes regarding the inclusion of a denizen to OT.

- Once every 1.5 to 2 months, or whenever there's an influx of new denizens, the DAT will hold meetings to review new denizenships.
[RUE]Bambinex
ooooo so DAT stands for Denizen Approval Team... okkkk

but 8 months is way too long wtf
Sugar_owo
i don't know if I'll be on the forums for this long-

i don't really care tho
z0z
when will the DAT take effect?
Corne2Plum3
8 MONTHS WTF!?
Nuuskamuikkunen
Note that if you are already a denizen you will not be affected by those changes.

That means, you will not lose denizenship if you already got it.
Topic Starter
abraker
DAT takes effect immediately
z0z
this sucks for people who were close to getting denizenship but now have to deal with 6+ more months before getting it

it'll take a long time for us to get any new denizens
clayton
am I not understanding something, this seems to make it easier to become a denizen but ppl are complaining it's harder
Corne2Plum3
I think having too much time to get the denizenship is bad, and will afraid newcommers.

8 months it's too much (I'm here since 10-11 months btw).

Just keep the 2 months.
pentaqola
damn that's quite a heavy bunch just for denizenship
samX500

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

I think having too much time to get the denizenship is bad, and will afraid newcommers.

Just keep the 2 months.
The point of making the minimal time to be denizen this long is to let new people be here for long enough to understand the OT culture. Also, we have gotten to a point where new people are explicitly trying to be denizen as soon as they arrive. We want to make denizenship a reward you get for spending your time contributing to OT, not a goal to strive toward.
keremaru

samX500 wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Just keep the 2 months.
The point of making the minimal time to be denizen this long is to let new people be here for long enough to understand the OT culture. Also, we have gotten to a point where new people are explicitly trying to be denizen as soon as they arrive. We want to make denizenship a reward you get for spending your time contributing to OT, not a goal to strive toward.
then just bump up to 4 months, not 8
Arctos Sagittario
Do you guys have someone in mind when making this policy, like someone that’s been active for 8 months but never reached 10 pages of posts?
Sugar_owo

keremaru wrote:

samX500 wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Just keep the 2 months.
then just bump up to 4 months, not 8
4 months seems better, but I would agree with the fact that some people jump straight into it just to become a denizen.
show more