forum

eblf's AMA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
Since I most of the time lack originality to make a trend, I got the not so original idea to make an ama for myself.

SO FEEL FREE TO ASK!
furry hater
no
KatouMegumi
Why do you think you are a boomer?
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

KatouMegumi wrote:

The reasons is:

Since 2015 or so, it has been costing me to stay with today's trends, as my PC isn't able to run latest games, technology takes eons to reach here (just to tell you, I haven't seen the first person with a nintendo switch on its hands) , and the fact I can't download things 'cause of you know, I have to pay for data comsuption. I also don't watch as much new anime as before, I'm stuck in 2017 if you ask me.

The fact I'm older than most OT! users make me feel like that as well, I still suffer the fact I turned 20 this year and haven't achieved anything noticeable. I also feel more identificated with millenial humor than with gen z humor.

Sombez wrote:

no
Entendible, tenga un buen día.
KatouMegumi
Well, you are one year older than me.
Still, being boomer does not mean you are really disconnected from technology.
Baby Boomer is a name of generation of people from 60'es to 80'es.
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

KatouMegumi wrote:

Well, you are one year older than me.
Still, being boomer does not mean you are really disconnected from technology.
Baby Boomer is a name of generation of people from 60'es to 80'es.
I know, the "boomer" thing is mostly a joke heheh.
abraker
if you feel like an old OT denizen then what does that make me?

heck, coldtooth is the oldest regular here, he's been here longer than me that absolute madlad
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

abraker wrote:

if you feel like an old OT denizen then what does that make me?

heck, coldtooth is the oldest regular here, he's been here longer than me that absolute madlad
Although I have seen birdy and Silmarilen post here too ocassionally.
Idk how older are they in forums?
Corne2Plum3
Why you feel your AMA is ignored ?
levesterz
Help?
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Why you feel your AMA is ignored ?
tbh I thought it was going to have more posts. But literally only two questions have been made to this point, till you asked.

levesterz wrote:

Help?
Help service not available online, please make a call to 1-555-5555 Monday to Friday 8AM to 4PM.
3$/minute.
Winnyace

eblf2013 wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

The reasons is:

Since 2015 or so, it has been costing me to stay with today's trends, as my PC isn't able to run latest games, technology takes eons to reach here (just to tell you, I haven't seen the first person with a nintendo switch on its hands) , and the fact I can't download things 'cause of you know, I have to pay for data comsuption. I also don't watch as much new anime as before, I'm stuck in 2017 if you ask me.

The fact I'm older than most OT! users make me feel like that as well, I still suffer the fact I turned 20 this year and haven't achieved anything noticeable. I also feel more identificated with millenial humor than with gen z humor.
I'm actually relating to this. the Switch here is my one of my parents entire salary and I just feel bad asking them to buy me one, so I'm playing older Nintendo titles and games in general because of this. I didn't watch the most popular anime shows, but I feel there isn't something wrong with this as there is still enjoyment to be had from old media

I'm not really sure in Venezuela how things are, but I'm going to say that more than 90% of 20 year olds didn't achieved anything noticeable. to achieve something noticeable you have to be exceptional at something but also lucky at the right place, at the right time and at the right state of mind and most people will not achieve that, but that's okay. the fact that you pay for your internet is something, at least in my eyes. and if it makes you feel any better, the people that achieved something now and are now collecting the fruits of that will run out someday and they'll be at square one or close to it.
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

Winnyace wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

The reasons is:

I'm actually relating to this. the Switch here is my one of my parents entire salary and I just feel bad asking them to buy me one, so I'm playing older Nintendo titles and games in general because of this. I didn't watch the most popular anime shows, but I feel there isn't something wrong with this as there is still enjoyment to be had from old media

I'm not really sure in Venezuela how things are, but I'm going to say that more than 90% of 20 year olds didn't achieved anything noticeable. to achieve something noticeable you have to be exceptional at something but also lucky at the right place, at the right time and at the right state of mind and most people will not achieve that, but that's okay. the fact that you pay for your internet is something, at least in my eyes. and if it makes you feel any better, the people that achieved something now and are now collecting the fruits of that will run out someday and they'll be at square one or close to it.
I know Romania is also known for having high "brain leak" (lots of young people that emmigrate to countries in better conditions because they can't achieve their objectives in their countries). As you said, to be sucessful here you must be at the right time, and at the right place too. If you want higher chances, you will likely have to emmigrate too.
Winnyace

eblf2013 wrote:

I know Romania is also known for having high "brain leak" (lots of young people that emmigrate to countries in better conditions because they can't achieve their objectives in their countries). As you said, to be sucessful here you must be at the right time, and at the right place too. If you want higher chances, you will likely have to emmigrate too.
sometimes, not even emigrating help out, at least here.

also, I forgot about the humor part and I'll say that the main reason why I don't use any sort of social media platform is because of the humor. I'm not really the most funny guy in the world, but I feel that there are jokes and memes around that are worst than mine.
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

Winnyace wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

sometimes, not even emigrating help out, at least here.

also, I forgot about the humor part and I'll say that the main reason why I don't use any sort of social media platform is because of the humor. I'm not really the most funny guy in the world, but I feel that there are jokes and memes around that are worst than mine.
On the emigration part, yeah, sometimes don't work for us either.

I don't use most social media (the only ones are my osu! twitter, and reddit.) either.
Lapizote

eblf2013 wrote:

The Philippines also has this problem, but specifically more for skilled labour like nurses. It's pretty sad that many Filipinos are known to be skilled people and it shows by the number of skilled workers that are Filipino, but a lot of them don't even stay in their home country (not blaming them though, most of them don't really have any choice if they want to support their family).

In fact, I feel like if I will pursue my career in Astronomy, I would have no choice but to immigrate to another country since I think there are no good universities in this country that provide Astronomy courses. Probably somewhere in Canada since I have relatives living there.
Hydreigon
when will u return to ctb?
Jonarwhal
how do u stay adorable?
Winnyace
blood
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

Hydreigon wrote:

when will u return to ctb?
Theroetically I'm back, however, my current PC is too bad to play CTB properly, the catcher doesn't move at a constant speed and the audio stutters, not to tell this laptop overheats way too easily because it has passive refrigeration.
I might be playing taiko tho.
EDIT: After some tricks here and there I managed to avoid it from overheating that easily, not perfect, but it doesn't reach deadly temperatures that frequently now. Thanks to that I can now play osu! a bit better.

Also, my audio drivers were being quite problematic too.

Jonarwhal wrote:

how do u stay adorable?
I am like this just because :3
show more