forum

Cres - End Time

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mismagius
This map won't be reranked without proper answers to the mods on page 6.
Kodora
Suggested some stuff to guest diffs

Raised AR on Another to make it more readable and HP drain to make it more challenging, fixed one weird jump and some hitsounds

fixed some messy patterns & weird stacks on Hyper, missplaced spinner & removed whistlespam at the end & raised HP drain

good luck
Topic Starter
soulfear
fixed some of Charles445 and SapphireGhost's mod
thank you for other mods
but nothing change from them
Mismagius

Blue Dragon wrote:

Also known as: Respond to every suggestion and give a GOOD reason why you're denying them, not "I like it" or "You can't play it".
Topic Starter
soulfear

Blue Dragon wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Also known as: Respond to every suggestion and give a GOOD reason why you're denying them, not "I like it" or "You can't play it".
Thank you for you suggestion.
But my English is very very poor,can't write the reason in words.Just chosing the mod I really need.
Hope you can understand.
Zare
How about you find someone who helps you translating then?
It would be kind of sad if a map with a lot of potential cannot get the modding it deserves just because of some lacking vocabs.

Wouldn't it? (:
those

Fear wrote:

But my English is very very poor,can't write the reason in words..
用中文來回答就可以了
Ulysses
those又來了 大家快跑

Fear用中文回答吧
lkx_Shore
:d
Chloe

nold_1702 wrote:

those又來了 大家快跑
我的回复又被删了,我只不过是在翻译,为什么要这样对我.
Bass
If your English is poor, then answer mods in Chinese. There are plenty of Chinese people in staff who can translate your answer later.
Topic Starter
soulfear
->Moway's mod
我每做一张bms曲子的mapset,都是曾经把那个bms玩个100遍甚至200遍以上,直到我能真正感受弹奏那个曲子时的感觉(因为我是用MIDI键盘和专用控制器玩的,非普通键盘),我才会慢慢的摆我觉得最能体现曲子的节奏note和space,每个space都是我自己经过反复上百遍的test play得出来的,这些都是我的风格,所以你说的那些地方,我不会轻易改动,因为都是我通过演奏bms得来的感受而精心布置的节奏或者距离,是我感觉最能体现玩bms时的感受或者曲子的,因为这是我的图,这是我的风格,如果用了你们的mod会破坏掉我的风格,破坏掉我原本的构思,和从bms里得到的灵感,希望你们能理解。
->Zarerion's mod
the same as ↑
->Alarido's mod
the same as ↑
Cygnus
I got bored so here's my mod:

[list:1337]General
  1. I would not recommend using white combos for maps who have light backgrounds. They could sometimes be hard to detect and read. Why not make them darker? I think it would look better because gray is much clearer to read with your kind of background. ^^
[list:1337]Another
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  1. 00:44:001 (1) - I think it is more appropriate to remove the whistle hit sound for this circle. The pitch of the whistle is higher than the beat of the music so I say remove the whistle because I believe it sounds a lot more better. ^^
  2. 01:41:834 (5) - This slider somehow is breaking the flow of the map. I don't know if it's just me but whenever I try to play this part, my fingers get confused. I think it's not easy to sight read this part so I suggest you just change this slider into a circle. Although I seem to not be contented with my suggestion, I would recommend you ask other people about this as I'm pretty sure that something is really wrong with the flow on this part.
  3. 01:49:001 (3) - You added a new combo on 01:47:668 (1) so to make it consistent, please add a new combo for this circle.
  4. 01:49:334 (1) - I believe the sudden increase in volume for this part is just too much. The hit sounds before it are just soft then all through a sudden you hear loud and solid normal hit sounds. Please tone down the volume a bit at around 10-20%.
  5. 02:00:001 - It would be much better if you could add a circle here instead. This part is where the song indicates its ending so I guess it would be better if you could emphasize it a bit more, not just using a 1/8 kick slider to end this great part. So.. yeah, add a circle here please? ^^
  6. 02:04:001 (2) - Although I know that you didn't change that slider velocity for this part, I think this slider is kind of fast for the music. Try asking others about this as I'm not pretty sure if this play good during gameplay. Oh and this suggestion also goes to the sliders after this slider that I pointed.
[list:1337]Fear
  1. 00:11:986 (1) - I believe this slider should start on 00:11:819 instead. If you'll try to listen closely, the trigger of the beginning of the song starts on that part. So I highly suggest that your repeat slider should start on this part. To add up, if in case you happen to agree with my suggestion, I would also suggest that you tone down the volume for this time as well because the volume for this beginning is ascending ^^
  2. 00:33:319 (1) - I don't know if it's just me but I somehow don't like this part because the finish hit sounds you started on 00:31:986 suddenly stopped on this tiimeline, making it a bit awkward and weird to play. I suggest you continue adding the finish hit sounds on this stream so they'll play better.
  3. 00:56:236 (10,12) - I would highly suggest you unstack these circles. They are kind of a rip off to play in my opinion. Players won't easily notice that this is 1/4 away from the sliders so I'm pretty sure most of the players tend to not get 300s for this part. It's not that I want to make it easier though, I just want the gameplay to be readable completely (: ^^
  4. 01:10:236 (9,10,11) - Can you at least perhaps try to move this a bit farther from the previous circle? I thought (9) was 1/4 away from the previous circle due to the small spacing you have in this part. Please change the spacing a bit more farther ^^ This suggestion also applies to 01:10:653 (12), move it from the previous slider (11) for better sight reading for this diff. Yeah, I'm aware that you're running out of space for this part, but I think you can actually fix this cause you can just put the circles anywhere/randomly cause I believe that's your style. No offense, but yeah ^^
  5. 01:27:986 - This part until 01:35:819 really makes me sad. :/ I know this part is clean and rankable but it completely lacks creativity. One or two lines of stream would be fine but you used it 6 times! And that's just sad to be honest. Why not make even just a curve or wave out of these streams? This is just too disappointing for an experienced mapper like you.
  6. 01:37:319 (2) - Is this really intended to be out of the line? It's been moved a bit to the right. Yeah you can ignore this if you did this on purpose. Yeah, I'm a great strict modder ^^ Sorry, have a nice day Fear. Mehehehe
  7. 01:43:986 (7) - This part is kind of unexpected but I think the flow for this one is great. But the only thing I want you to change is the combo. Players won't easily notice this kind of jump. Adding a new combo on this slider I believe would solve the problem. So yeah, add a new combo here. Oh and if you happen to add a new combo on this slider, remove the new combo on 01:44:153 (1). ^^ Thank you!!
  8. 01:58:319 - New combo abuse sometimes are okay as long as it follows a sudden change in spacing/song. But abusing the new combo just to make an alternate color pattern I believe is a different issue. The new combos here doesn't really make any sense. Combos are usually made to follow a certain rhythm of a music. And with the new combos you did on this part, you're following nowhere. :/ Please remove those unnecessary combos, you know where they are. Thank you ^^
  9. 01:59:986 (1) - I think it would look better if you use colored combo for this circle. Because this circle marks the ending of the song.
Topic Starter
soulfear

Philippines wrote:

I got bored so here's my mod:

[list:1337]General
  1. I would not recommend using white combos for maps who have light backgrounds. They could sometimes be hard to detect and read. Why not make them darker? I think it would look better because gray is much clearer to read with your kind of background. ^^
[list:1337]Another
  1. 00:44:001 (1) - I think it is more appropriate to remove the whistle hit sound for this circle. The pitch of the whistle is higher than the beat of the music so I say remove the whistle because I believe it sounds a lot more better. ^^ done
  2. 01:41:834 (5) - This slider somehow is breaking the flow of the map. I don't know if it's just me but whenever I try to play this part, my fingers get confused. I think it's not easy to sight read this part so I suggest you just change this slider into a circle. Although I seem to not be contented with my suggestion, I would recommend you ask other people about this as I'm pretty sure that something is really wrong with the flow on this part. fixed
  3. 01:49:001 (3) - You added a new combo on 01:47:668 (1) so to make it consistent, please add a new combo for this circle. fixed
  4. 01:49:334 (1) - I believe the sudden increase in volume for this part is just too much. The hit sounds before it are just soft then all through a sudden you hear loud and solid normal hit sounds. Please tone down the volume a bit at around 10-20%. keep them
  5. 02:00:001 - It would be much better if you could add a circle here instead. This part is where the song indicates its ending so I guess it would be better if you could emphasize it a bit more, not just using a 1/8 kick slider to end this great part. So.. yeah, add a circle here please? ^^ it's not good,easy to get 100 on the slider and circle
  6. 02:04:001 (2) - Although I know that you didn't change that slider velocity for this part, I think this slider is kind of fast for the music. Try asking others about this as I'm not pretty sure if this play good during gameplay. Oh and this suggestion also goes to the sliders after this slider that I pointed. sorry I keep them this way
[list:1337]Fear
  1. 00:11:986 (1) - I believe this slider should start on 00:11:819 instead. If you'll try to listen closely, the trigger of the beginning of the song starts on that part. So I highly suggest that your repeat slider should start on this part. To add up, if in case you happen to agree with my suggestion, I would also suggest that you tone down the volume for this time as well because the volume for this beginning is ascending ^^ this note start from 00:11:986 in bms
  2. 00:33:319 (1) - I don't know if it's just me but I somehow don't like this part because the finish hit sounds you started on 00:31:986 suddenly stopped on this tiimeline, making it a bit awkward and weird to play. I suggest you continue adding the finish hit sounds on this stream so they'll play better. I like them this way
  3. 00:56:236 (10,12) - I would highly suggest you unstack these circles. They are kind of a rip off to play in my opinion. Players won't easily notice that this is 1/4 away from the sliders so I'm pretty sure most of the players tend to not get 300s for this part. It's not that I want to make it easier though, I just want the gameplay to be readable completely (: ^^ I have considered this but finally I keep them
  4. 01:10:236 (9,10,11) - Can you at least perhaps try to move this a bit farther from the previous circle? I thought (9) was 1/4 away from the previous circle due to the small spacing you have in this part. Please change the spacing a bit more farther ^^ This suggestion also applies to 01:10:653 (12), move it from the previous slider (11) for better sight reading for this diff. Yeah, I'm aware that you're running out of space for this part, but I think you can actually fix this cause you can just put the circles anywhere/randomly cause I believe that's your style. No offense, but yeah ^^ sorry I keep them this way
  5. 01:27:986 - This part until 01:35:819 really makes me sad. :/ I know this part is clean and rankable but it completely lacks creativity. One or two lines of stream would be fine but you used it 6 times! And that's just sad to be honest. Why not make even just a curve or wave out of these streams? This is just too disappointing for an experienced mapper like you. this part of song can't let me feel fast moving at all,here don't need jumps
  6. 01:37:319 (2) - Is this really intended to be out of the line? It's been moved a bit to the right. Yeah you can ignore this if you did this on purpose. Yeah, I'm a great strict modder ^^ Sorry, have a nice day Fear. Mehehehe
  7. 01:43:986 (7) - This part is kind of unexpected but I think the flow for this one is great. But the only thing I want you to change is the combo. Players won't easily notice this kind of jump. Adding a new combo on this slider I believe would solve the problem. So yeah, add a new combo here. Oh and if you happen to add a new combo on this slider, remove the new combo on 01:44:153 (1). ^^ Thank you!! alright
  8. 01:58:319 - New combo abuse sometimes are okay as long as it follows a sudden change in spacing/song. But abusing the new combo just to make an alternate color pattern I believe is a different issue. The new combos here doesn't really make any sense. Combos are usually made to follow a certain rhythm of a music. And with the new combos you did on this part, you're following nowhere. :/ Please remove those unnecessary combos, you know where they are. Thank you ^^ this part in bms is very chaos,hardly can see notes,but can beat them,that's what I feel from bms,thank you
  9. 01:59:986 (1) - I think it would look better if you use colored combo for this circle. Because this circle marks the ending of the song.
Cygnus
[Another]
  1. 01:49:334 (1) - I believe the sudden increase in volume for this part is just too much. The hit sounds before it are just soft then all through a sudden you hear loud and solid normal hit sounds. Please tone down the volume a bit at around 10-20%.

> keep them

> But this part is just too loud? 85% is just too much especially when this part is not the climax/exciting moment of the song. Yeah I am aware that this part is kind of the special part in BMS, well, it is special because it is the last part of the song and the impact is there. Here in osu, the impact is way different than of the BMS', so I would really recommend you decrease the volume even just around 10-15%.

2. 02:00:001 - It would be much better if you could add a circle here instead. This part is where the song indicates its ending so I guess it would be better if you could emphasize it a bit more, not just using a 1/8 kick slider to end this great part. So.. yeah, add a circle here please? ^^

> it's not good,easy to get 100 on the slider and circle

> It is good. (Well, this is kind of subjective) But you want to give players a challenge right? But honestly, it's easy to get 300 here if you only try to listen to the music closely. It's not that I'm judging your rank or anything, but 'pro' people would most likely say that it is easy to hit.
[Fear]
  1. 01:27:986 - This part until 01:35:819 really makes me sad. :/ I know this part is clean and rankable but it completely lacks creativity. One or two lines of stream would be fine but you used it 6 times! And that's just sad to be honest. Why not make even just a curve or wave out of these streams? This is just too disappointing for an experienced mapper like you

> this part of song can't let me feel fast moving at all,here don't need jumps

> I'm not talking about jumps, what I'm trying to say is that you avoid using stuff like these. Why not make a wave or curve stream instead? 6 lines of stream is just too much. Replacing 2 or 3 of the lines into something different kind of stream would be much better.

2. 00:11:986 (1) - I believe this slider should start on 00:11:819 instead. If you'll try to listen closely, the trigger of the beginning of the song starts on that part. So I highly suggest that your repeat slider should start on this part. To add up, if in case you happen to agree with my suggestion, I would also suggest that you tone down the volume for this time as well because the volume for this beginning is ascending ^^

> this note start from 00:11:986 in bms

> I'm sorry, did you just say 00:11:986? That's where I pointed that the slider should be. But I think you don't have to follow the bms completely at all. Following the bms or not, it will make much more sense if this reverse slider will start on 00:11:986. You don't have to copy everything you know.
Chloe
hey Philippines~

Fear is always completely using bms's rhythm and don't wanna destroy the rhythm in anywhere , she's bms's crazy fan and making those maps since she loved those rhythm so much, I know that.

Plz stop modding rhythm part in this map from now ,I'll thank you for support.
Frostmourne

Chloe wrote:

she
Well, I hope this is not like "Flower" case. :(

Joking aside, good luck for your map Fear.
Chloe

Frostmourne wrote:

Chloe wrote:

she
I think I'm right this time ;)
pw384

Frostmourne wrote:

Chloe wrote:

she

Joking aside, good luck for your map Fear.
Oh it's not like Flower bcz we are sure that Flower is a boy but we are not sure if Fear is a boy or a girl(lol

Chloe wrote:

Frostmourne wrote:

I think I'm right this time ;)
Maybe you are wrong :S
[Luanny]
I just think this is osu! and not BMS
buuut ok.
Zare
Okay whatever. If this map is supposed to be "BMS ver.osu!", that's fine.

I would like to get explanations on some things though. These are questions directed at Fear, whos mapping style I respect. I don't want to endanger this style or anything.

Fear, why did you choose to place the kiai time the way you did? Right now it's placed before the strong, epic part of the song. In my opinion it would make more sense to place it right after the time you chose. That is at 01:38:653 -
Would you take a look at the BMS video you posted? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qn3deBGrrE)
That is exactly the moment where the chart goes crazy and starts throwing 1/6 eveywhere. For that matter if you were to copy that you would choose to place the kiai at exactly that moment, right? Please consider this to give your players a better feeling when playing.

Additionally, for this part: 00:31:986 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I strongly suggest you to change the hitsounding a little. See, having so many finish hitsounds at the same spot doesn't sound really nice, since these Finishes are usually used to fit especially strong beats in the music. Here you only have the piano and a backbeat though. Lemme give you an example: You place a Finish on the first note to raise suspense, but then you work woth claps instead of finishes. You use them to emphasize the backbeat, which is turning from 2/1 to 1/1 to 1/2 to 1/4 to 1/8
Place claps at the following points:
click me :)
00:32:319 (3) -
00:32:986 (7) -
00:33:653 (5) -
00:33:986 (9) -
00:34:153 (11) -
00:34:319 (13,14,15,16,17) -
I myself am not really good at hitsounding, and maybe this is a would be a bit overdone as well, but if you experiment a little and decide to reduce your custom whistles at that part as well, it would sound much better than currently, wouldn't it?

Also, I agree with Philippines about your streams starting at 01:17:319 -
See, in the BMS chart all kinds of patterns are used for the 1/4 (and 1/6s, but you can't map those of course) so you could do the same in your osu! map, right? I don't tell you to add jumps of any sort, you simply could be a little bit more creative about the shapes of your streams. Right now you only copied the same streams multiple times. Instead you could make some of the streams curvy, you could raise the spacing at some point. (Again, look at the BMS chart, the 1/4 patterns are sometimes played with only every second key, you yould use those spots to increase the spacing your map so it fits more visually, right?) The way it is now the streams are kind of boring, and I believe they could be made more interesting in a very easy way.

Remember, I'm actually trying to help you and I tried to argument with the BMS video you linked. I hope it made sense to you.
Kareov

Zarerion wrote:

Okay whatever. If this map is supposed to be "BMS ver.osu!", that's fine.

I would like to get explanations on some things though. These are questions directed at Fear, whos mapping style I respect. I don't want to endanger this style or anything.

Fear, why did you choose to place the kiai time the way you did? Right now it's placed before the strong, epic part of the song. In my opinion it would make more sense to place it right after the time you chose. That is at 01:38:653 -
Would you take a look at the BMS video you posted? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qn3deBGrrE)
That is exactly the moment where the chart goes crazy and starts throwing 1/6 eveywhere. For that matter if you were to copy that you would choose to place the kiai at exactly that moment, right? Please consider this to give your players a better feeling when playing.

Additionally, for this part: 00:31:986 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I strongly suggest you to change the hitsounding a little. See, having so many finish hitsounds at the same spot doesn't sound really nice, since these Finishes are usually used to fit especially strong beats in the music. Here you only have the piano and a backbeat though. Lemme give you an example: You place a Finish on the first note to raise suspense, but then you work woth claps instead of finishes. You use them to emphasize the backbeat, which is turning from 2/1 to 1/1 to 1/2 to 1/4 to 1/8
Place claps at the following points:
click me :)
00:32:319 (3) -
00:32:986 (7) -
00:33:653 (5) -
00:33:986 (9) -
00:34:153 (11) -
00:34:319 (13,14,15,16,17) -
I myself am not really good at hitsounding, and maybe this is a would be a bit overdone as well, but if you experiment a little and decide to reduce your custom whistles at that part as well, it would sound much better than currently, wouldn't it?

Also, I agree with Philippines about your streams starting at 01:17:319 -
See, in the BMS chart all kinds of patterns are used for the 1/4 (and 1/6s, but you can't map those of course) so you could do the same in your osu! map, right? I don't tell you to add jumps of any sort, you simply could be a little bit more creative about the shapes of your streams. Right now you only copied the same streams multiple times. Instead you could make some of the streams curvy, you could raise the spacing at some point. (Again, look at the BMS chart, the 1/4 patterns are sometimes played with only every second key, you yould use those spots to increase the spacing your map so it fits more visually, right?) The way it is now the streams are kind of boring, and I believe they could be made more interesting in a very easy way.

Remember, I'm actually trying to help you and I tried to argument with the BMS video you linked. I hope it made sense to you.

fucking serious
Chloe
Hey guy,Zarerion.
Don't bother the mapper again and again if you don't know much more about this or bms.
You don't make sense.
Zare

Chloe wrote:

Hey guy,Zarerion.
Don't bother the mapper again and again if you don't know much more about this or bms.
You don't make sense.
I don't want to bother anyone, if anything I want this map to be reranked soon so no one has a reason to complain about anything.
However, if I really am wrong with my previous suggestions, please explain how so in detail and don't just tell me I don't know anything.
Cygnus
We're just trying to put out stuff that needs reasoning. Because the way we see it, some parts do not look good and reasonable whether or not the mapper is following bms or something. And also, we're not here to cause any trouble so please stop being so rude. We know what we are doing, deal with it.
Chloe
I know, thank you.
OnosakiHito
Some Taikos would be actually nice.
This is a favorite song by Taiko players.
Charles445
[Done]
Moway / Zarerion / Alarido: Group response, contacted, is fine with response from that post. Can provide proof.
D33d / Tasha: Discussion on 1/6 1/4 based on old mp3
Star Stream: Mod explicitly listed as optional
Dolphin (thanks for your help seriously): Using original mp3 / bms chart.
Ibuki Suika: Responded and applied
Kodora: Responded
Philippines: Responded in depth

[Not Responded]
fartownik's mod

fartownik wrote:

[to the death]
00:44:001 - Add circle
00:54:668 - Add circle
Zarerion's mod
p/2542454

Once those two mods are replied to, we should be good to go.

EDIT: Also put 'techno break' in tags
Topic Starter
soulfear

Charles445 wrote:

[Done]
fartownik's mod

fartownik wrote:

[to the death]
00:44:001 - Add circle
00:54:668 - Add circle

It's no need to add cirle here.
Zarerion's mod
p/2542454

01:38:653 - takes me 3 hour to try to change this part,but I still like this way better,thank you for suggestion.
00:31:986 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - sorry I don't think clap fits the song
01:17:319 - the same as 01:38:653 -

EDIT: Also put 'techno break' in tags
done
Alarido
Now the map will experience some progress...and will get re-ranked. We're glad on this <3

(it was about remind me Verlaren orz)
Charles445
Mods have been responded to and mapset has been fixed for rerank.

~Rebubbled!~

Note to BAT: The difficulty [Fear] uses a different mp3 than the other difficulties. Because of this, it has different timing and preview point. Please don't freak out when AIBat starts shouting.
pw384
really a long time..
Nymph
reranked.
izzydemon
i still don't like this at all, but suit yourselves.
Kodora
Re-congratz!
Lach
The hp has gone from 5 in -to the death- to 6 in the new version, and the scoring has changed. Please reset scores. Poor rucker. fixed

Dat oversight
izzydemon

Lach wrote:

Dat oversight
Satellite
Re-congratz! :)
-Neipezi

Satellite wrote:

Re-congratz! :)
D33d
Why couldn't the entire map have this other MP3? It doesn't make sense to change one of them if the rest of the maps could still follow the slight differences in the music.

All of these problems would've been alleviated if the "correct" version was used in the first place, for the entire set. Now, players who work their way up the set will wonder where the triplet figures were in the easier diffs.
show more