forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lilac
What is this ulterior motive you speak of? Mafia have only one factional kill.

By PoE you've stated BRBP and I are scum. What role would I have to fulfil this ulterior motive? You've cornered both scum.
Jinxy
Alright, fine.

Vote: BRBP
DakeDekaane
Hi.

Vote: BRBP
Kitsunemimi
Wait what, hold on what the hell.

._.
VoidnOwO
Well played, scum.
Lilac
Scum can't win anyway.

I shoot Jinx, they shoot me, Mimi as PGO leves this game as a tie.
Lilac
Unless there's something different with Dake's role.

We'll just have to wait for night and see.
Kitsunemimi
What the fuck.

Jinxy, your cop report says Lilac is scum right?
Lilac is telling you to lynch BRBP because according to you, they're both scum. By doing this, either a) Lilac proves that he is not scum and your report is wrong, b) They're both scum and Lilac just completely threw the game for himself, c) BRBP is town and we lose.

Is there something I'm not understanding here?
Lilac
The cop report was a lie. It was just icing on the cake to lynch me.

Is BRBP actually scum or not? I was lying about that whole scum team thing with me and him but I did give BP to him so saying that he didn't get it was really bad.
Kitsunemimi
If the cop report was a lie and Jinxy is scum then why did he vote?

We had the rest of the day to dispute this, DD why did you have to go and hammer orz
VoidnOwO
My earlier role claims are true.
I haven't lied about mod's actions.
VoidnOwO
Sorry, but I have to.

Silly fox.
Lilac
Maybe cause he's actually scum?

I wouldn't have seen this coming so if he is, good game.
Lilac
So obviously my role was stopped, or delayed.

I didn't get a confirmation of my role going through so I should have seen this coming.

I blame Tanz.
Lilac
I take that back, I blame mod.
DakeDekaane
Actually, I won.
Blame Lilac.
Lilac
A second faction?

Ha. Now I'm definitely blaming mod.
Kitsunemimi
I hate playing with all you irrational people who simply vote on a whim :(
Lilac
I voted BRBP because I was more than sure he was scum. Not receiving BP just made me all the more sure but I didn't think of the possibility of a role that would stop or null it.

Possibly even absorb it by the looks of it.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
BRBP (3) - Lilac, Jinxy, DakeDekaane

Remi ~~
yes?
we think the witch is obviously guilty. after all, she destroyed a whole room of the mansion D1, so it has to be her ~
Marisa didn't like hearing this..
"MASTER SPA-"
*grabs Marisa by the throat*
be quiet. And stop moving, it'll be less painful that way ~ fufufu ~

Remi dragged Marisa into the other room. almost immediately, the power went out in the mansion and Marisa started screaming.
don't say something like "there's no power in Gensokyo plz" LOL
BRBP (Kirisame Marisa) - 1-shot Dayvig - lynched D4

It is N4. Deadline is 8/17 2:00 GMT (23:59 from now)
Topic Starter
pieguyn
there is no reason at all to wait the full 24 hours, night ends here

Kagiyama Hina and Kawashiro nitori woke
...however, there was no light. None, but a faint, deep scarlet light coming in from outside. They immediately became completely filled with pure fear, but they got out of bed and exited their rooms anyway.
They were immediately greeted by a pair of glowing red eyes.

Remilia: "I'd just like to say, thank you all for coming. This really was a lot of fun ~"

...and then another pair of glowing red eyes

Flandre: "Hey, Remi! Can we just get this over with already ~ "

The power came back on, and they found Patchouli Knowledge and Kaku Seiga standing there, along with...Flandre Scarlet?!
Hina: "But this can't be! We thought you were dead!"
Nitori: "how? why? Is this the end...?"

Flandre: "fufufu ~ don't you realize it? No one could actually kill me. I'm surprised you didn't figure it out earlier ~"

Hina: "More importantly, Remilia...why are you teaming up with them? They're trying to kill us it seems..."

Remilia: "I said I was bored, right? This way was more interesting. Hope you all don't mind ~"
Flandre: "We just wanted to have some fun ~ now, who wants to play first? ~~"

Nitori wouldn't have any of this. She pulled a gun out of nowhere and
Nitori: "TAKE THIS"
In an instant, Remi appeared at her side and pinned her to the ground. In the next instant, Flan also appeared by her side and immediately killed her.

Hina just stood there, trembling and paralyzed with fear. It seemed there was nothing she could do.
Seiga: "hahaha ~ so who should do it?"
Remilia: "I'll do it. It's only fitting that the last person alive has the honor of being killed by myself ~
Hina and Remilia started having an epic danmaku battle right inside the mansion. It seemed Hina was somehow holding her own for a few minutes, but then Patchouli and Seiga joined in. They all coordinated a massive light show attack at the end and there was just no contest (but wow, it sure looked pretty...)

Lilac (Kawashiro Nitori) - Inventor - endgamed
Kitsunemimi (Kagiyama Hina) - Doctor/PGO - endgamed

DakeDekaane (Patchouli Knowledge) - Mafia Commuter - WINNER
Jinxy (Kaku Seiga) - Mafia Bus Driver - WINNER

Mafia wins :>

Actions:
  • D1:
  1. BRBP shoots NoHItter before he gets a chance to do anything

N1:
  2. Lilac gives JK to RB
  3. Rantai neighborizes Kitsunemimi and dies before forming an actual neighborhood
  4. Kitsunemimi protects Sakura, redirected to fartownik
  5. Tanz investigates Lilac, got roleblocked
  6. Jinxy drives Sakura & fartownik
  7. RB kills fartownik, redirected to Sakura, roleblocks Tanz
  8. Dake commutes
  9. Sakura dies

N2:
  10. Lilac gives cop to Royston who died
  11. Tanz investigates Dake who commuted
  12. Kitsunemimi protects Lilac
  13. Jinxy kills fartownik
  14. Dake commutes
  15. fartownik dies and Royston suicides

N3:
  16. Lilac gives 1-shot bulletproof to BRBP, drove to Jinxy
  17. Tanz investigates Jinxy, drove to BRBP
  18. Jinxy drives self and BRBP, kills Tanz (don't complain that mafia driver can target self, town had watcher + gunsmith + doctor + reviver so :P )
  19. Dake commutes
  20. Tanz dies

N4:
  21. Dake commutes
  22. Tanz kills Lilac
  23. other actions are irrelevant cause mafia already wins with this, no matter what (as Jinxy has 1-shot bulletproof). doctor can protect Lilac but mafia still gets majority D5 as they can't die N4
Mod notes:
  1. that was probably the worst possible use of the town PRs @_@ 1-shot dayvig kills watcher D1 nullifying both of them, reviver dies N1 before reviving anyone, neighborizer targets PGO before forming a neighborhood, gunsmith didn't get any result the whole game, inventor gave 2 things to mafia and one to the mafia's target
  2. I went against meta and put a mafia commuter. I wanted to make sure town had to rely on scumhunting :3
  3. Sakura (Sanae)'s role PM mentioned a big miracle happening if she had enough time to prepare. If she was alive on D7 it would be a town instawin. (except there was no way the game would go to D7 so there was no point :P )
  4. obv, Kitsunemimi didn't know he was PGO. there was a line in his role PM about "bad luck causing problems" and that's what it was
  5. before anyone asks, how the mafia commuter works: Dake doesn't commute if he submits the kill, just that
  6. if anything I'd say this setup was in favor of town, so mafia winning with 2 people alive seems pretty good 0.0
QTs:
  1. Mafia chat http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/tNbwyQndLxZ
  2. Dead chat http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/eqEgrRruD885g
  3. fartownik and Royston's Komeiji chat http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/h5jnqBfzfyMWu
  4. Rantai's lonely neighborhood chat http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/naHDaZyazY4Xh
thanks everyone for playing :D
Raging Bull
Surprised noone listened to fart
Sakura
imma lynch Lilac in real life now, brb.
Lilac
There was essentially no way I could have convinced otherwise. I was gone the moment I gave RB JK and that Tanz confirmed a commuter role.

Great job, scum.
Royston
gg guys. Kinda confusing for my first game, but fun all the same
Topic Starter
pieguyn
btw I just wanna say, sorry again about all the deadline BS around D2
I was on vacation which messed up my sleep schedule, orz..
Jinxy
Damn, there would've been problems if fart was protected N2, got careless there. Though, why didn't you protect fart, mimi?
Lilac
Oh well. I had fun and learnt that auxiliary roles are not for me. I'll stick to choosing Vanilla Town next time.
Kitsunemimi
Ahh, so much for that~ I messed up my role so badly ;w;. Also, claiming PGO without actually knowing it and being a doc at the same time is harder than you think.

my terrible doc reasoning
N2 I was debating whether to protect Lilac or fart; fart mentioned to protect him, but that was before Lilac claimed, and that changed my opinion. In the end, I second guessed myself and thought it would be too obvious that I would protect fart (I didn't think Jinxy was mafia at the time so I thought that to everyone else in the game there was still the possibility of a doc since he didn't claim yet). Also, I felt that Lilac's role was more valuable/OP for various reasons.

N3 I couldn't decide again, I figured that at that point, Tanz was a low-priority target because I expected Lilac + Jinxy to move according to their plan and confirm themselves, so I tried to protect Lilac again to no avail ._.
Seriously though BRBP if you hadn't fucked up, we would've most likely won (butterfly effect). We would've had another person alive with an extra investigative role, you could've used your shot on actual scum, and you wouldn't have been super fucking scummy the whole game .3.
That said, if I managed to land any of my protections then we could've won the game too.
Lilac too ;_; If you didn't claim so suddenly and hadn't acted so strangely on the last day then it would've went a lot smoother, and you could've handed out your roles better...

I guess my bad luck just... spread around to everyone in the game and we messed up in every way possible :<. Still though, l had a lot of fun, especially during the dramatic moments~
Jinxy
oh wow the dead chat

I knew it was our ticket to victory when Kanye/Dake got Commuter Patche. Like, he was more town than a flipped dayvig lol (granted, that was BRBP, but still)

I really didn't expect a sibling flip on fart/Roy, though it really did look stupidly obvious after that since they were, well, siblings.

That was the most tiring and stressful game yet for me because of how much I was trying to predict night actions and manipulate them. I guess I got slightly lucky too, most of the people I was concerned about being tough opponents all died early due to shenanigans.

I guess that's all I have to say. gg.
DakeDekaane

pieguy1372 wrote:

• N3:
  1. Tanz dies

N4:
  2. Tanz kills Lilac
Tanz OP.

GG guys :3
NoHitter
BRBP let me give you a great quote you should follow:

pieguy1372 wrote:

don't do anything stupid plz
VoidnOwO
Dedicated

Never forget
we're even now, though
Topic Starter
pieguyn
hahaha, in fact that quote was there just cause the previous two Touhou PyPs ended in bad ways > <
(someone posted role PM...in fact that's the main motivation for me putting it there, then the 3rd one was abandoned)

I just wanted so much to finish this game. I'm so glad we finally got to finish another Touhou PyP, I've wanted it to happen for so long ~
Tanzklaue
sorry but mafia commuter is kinda BS.

it's basically unbeatable as soon as town confirms the commuter, because commuter is always never mafia aligned.
maybe you should role alignment first, and then give roles out accordingly? because some things are just not really beatable (we would've literally done better against that wothout any PRs whatsoever, and town normally has a slight PR-power advantage to balance the fact that town doesn't know jackshit).
Jinxy
I agree that mafia commuter is a little bastardy in the sense that it's really unexpected, but I disagree it's completely unbeatable. The commuter cannot kill if he's commuting, so he's pretty much done for if he's last scum standing. Though, maybe a non-consecutive commuter would have been more balanced. Bus driver is also in a sense, twice as likely to be seen due to the double targeting. The game would have proceeded much more differently if the watcher wasn't taken out so early.

brbp for scum mvp
Lilac
I kinda want to ban all Touhou PyPs from this forum since every one from I to IV was terrible.

I'll make the Matrix9 Touhou flavoured. There we go.
Tanzklaue
also

MIMI Y U NO PROTECT OBV TARGETS?!?!?!
Lilac
Give him a break. He had it harder than anyone else and poor decisions are things we all make.
Jinxy

Lilac wrote:

I kinda want to ban all Touhou PyPs from this forum since every one from I to IV was terrible.
I'll plan TH PYP V - FIFTH TIME THE CHARM

All roles will be perfectly balanced, everything planned to the smallest detail, and then I'll fuck up as mod like my 3 other games
show more