forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy

Lilac wrote:

I kinda want to ban all Touhou PyPs from this forum since every one from I to IV was terrible.
I'll plan TH PYP V - FIFTH TIME THE CHARM

All roles will be perfectly balanced, everything planned to the smallest detail, and then I'll fuck up as mod like my 3 other games
NoHitter

BRBP wrote:

Dedicated

Never forget
we're even now, though
D:

I completely forgot about that one until now lol
Tanzklaue
.v.

sorry, it wasn't meant viciously, but I know I can get kind of rude.

I also conveniently forgot that I myself played like shit at least at day 1 aswell (though I can't be really hold accountable for the commuterthingy I guess).
Tanzklaue

Jinxy wrote:

Lilac wrote:

I kinda want to ban all Touhou PyPs from this forum since every one from I to IV was terrible.

All roles will be perfectly balanced, everything planned to the smallest detail, and then I'll fuck up as mod like my 3 other games
you can never plan around

the BRBP effect.
NoHitter
New 5th Touhou Mafia: hosted by NoHitter
13-P; The boss characters from each of the 13 main games battle it out in a game of spellcards and killing.
Who will win? Stay tuned! not
Lilac

Jinxy wrote:

Lilac wrote:

...No.

NoHitter wrote:

New 5th Touhou Mafia: hosted by NoHitter
13-P; The boss characters from each of the 13 main games battle it out in a game of spellcards and killing.
Who will win? Stay tuned! not
No.

I will personally stop cosplaying Touhou if the next game for Touhou is terrible.
Sakura
So how did exactly Jinxy not blow up by bus driving kitsunemimi?
Jinxy
What? I never did

Sakura - Fart
No Action
Me - BRBP
No Action
Raging Bull
he didnt bus drive Kitsune?
Tanzklaue
so what I've learned from this game is

-don't trust the wiki too much
-never ever give BRBP dayvig. ever.
-gamebalance is something very important, but also hard to do (in the optimum case town would've won night1 without even one person dead, worst case is probably close to this)
-a gunsmith is really not that great in a set up in which half the players carry guns arround regardless of alignment (or they are commuters...)
-I still need to learn a lot before I can consider myself a passable player

overall, this game was still fun. the balance was swingy as hell (fuck, after essentially all useful PRs died in the first 2 nights or used their power [BRBP], we just didn't have the combat strength to fight this monster anymore).
though... if I had survived night 3, would I have gotten a positive result on jinxy due to BRBP being a dayvig peviously? that would've been really funny, as the whole thing would've kinda collapsed with that.
also a fun fact: they found tons of guns in my room when i died. I never found a single gun in the game. go logic \:D/
Raging Bull
I thought it was funny how you confirmed Dake as town.
Tanzklaue

Raging Bull wrote:

I thought it was funny how you confirmed Dake as town.
well, tell me, what would've you thought in my situation? surely not "HMM, HE MUST BE MAFIA COMMUTER, THE 0,01% MUST HAVE STRIKED!"
Topic Starter
pieguyn
hey at least I didn't make a setup where town can just follow the gunsmith/watcher/other informative roles and just win :P
mafia commuter seems unexpected but it ensures town has to think a lot more about what they're doing instead of just going "hey xxx has xxx role so he can't be mafia", we saw it with the possibility of a mafia dayvig
the same thing happened in another game I hosted, people just assumed there couldn't be a mafia bus driver, then there was, so I'd guess some savvy enough people could possibly figure it out. also wiki says "almost all" meaning not always, and a commuter that can commute every night seems a bit suspicious already 0.0
I didn't design the setup for town to just rush in, and it's exactly what they did :P
glad it was enjoyable enough though :D
Lilac
It's not suspicious. As mafia, it's unbalanced all the way up to LyLo since you can keep dodging and get other people to do the kills for you and even then you saw how it could be misleading.

I still blame mod. =_=
Topic Starter
pieguyn
then town just has to scumhunt and lynch mafia the old-fashioned way. :D kind of misleading with all the PRs in the game but that's how I intended it to happen :>
feel free to blame me btw, I'm happy to learn from anything I did wrong :3
Raging Bull
Well really losing all the powerful PR in the first day/night wasn't really helpful too.
Sakura
oh wait nevermind, kitsunemimi protected me (farto) instead >_<

mafia bus driver so OP.
fartownik

kthxbye
VoidnOwO
farto too op
Kitsunemimi
I don't even know what happened to suspicion on Dake ._. It's like it just vapourized by D4.

Also I'm actually really surprised that pretty much nobody suspected me for scum even after I did my (rather) silly PGO claim at the beginning of D2 D: Considering the roles we had by the end (PGO, Inventor, dayvig, investigative JOAT, Commuter) everyone was almost equally townish in terms of role/alignment association (except for Lilac). I was sort of expecting to be subject to policy lynch at some point around then... o:
Rantai

Rantai wrote:

*table flip*