forum

Norway Appreciation Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
I'm about a day too late, mostly cuz I've been busy celebrating myself, but I'm a patriot, so allow me to gush about my glorious nation.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NORWAY!!!! WOOO

The Constitution of Norway was signed at Eidsvoll on May 17 in the year 1814. The constitution declared Norway to be an independent kingdom in an attempt to avoid being ceded to Sweden after Denmark–Norway's devastating defeat in the Napoleonic Wars.

So now, here are a couple nice things we norwegians do and have

Brunost ("brown cheese") is a common, Norwegian name for mysost ("whey cheese"; Danish: myseost; Swedish: mesost; Finnish: meesjuusto; Icelandic: mysuostur), a family of cheese-related foods made with whey, milk, and/or cream. It is often used to just refer to the Gudbrandsdalsost ("Gudbrandsdal Cheese") type, which is the most popular variety. Brunost is primarily produced and consumed in Norway. It is regarded as one of the country's most iconic foodstuffs, and is considered an important part of Norwegian gastronomical and cultural identity and heritage. It's also really yummy and goes well with jam.

Winter sports are important to every Norwegian person. Skiing, alpine skiing and so on are so widespread, that there's a saying that goes "Every Norwegian is born with skis on their feet."
No other country has won as many medals in winter olympics as Norway, and following the Olympics is considered a requirement when airing on television.

The Bunad is a traditional outfit usually worn during holidays, like the 17th of May. There are many regional variants, each with their own colours and designs as seen above. It's also really itchy,warm and heavy, and takes a lot of time to maintain, but damn it looks good.

In the last days April and towards the 17th of May, the senior students in their last semester of high school celebrate nearly being done with 13 years of school. Russ usually wear coloured overalls, the colour varying based on what kind of education they have. It's also pretty normal to renovate a bus or van to drive around to parties, as seen above. Russ form groups and make songs, festivals, accomplish different challenges, and, of course, party hard every day.

This is what a standard parade looks like, with tons of flags, people, song and marching bands playing. Norway doesn't display military, police or other official institutions on this day, but rather children from tons of different schools march at the front of the parade as a show to our belief in the future of our nation.

So once more,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NORWAY!

Aiseca
Quality Post.
Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉
And may your mtherland be ever be free.
Westonini
I appreciate Norway because a certain penguin came from there.
ColdTooth
can you kidnap me and make me live in norway
abraker
Looks like a neat place to visit
Achromalia
ah, nice.

Norway is the way -w-
abraker
North Way is da wae
roufou
fest hos agu
Tad Fibonacci
Congrats. Idk much about Norway but it seems pretty cool.

I've always wanted to visit other countries. Their culture has always fascinated me.
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

agu wrote:

fest hos agu

Tar med medbrakt drikke

OT: Here are some national romantic pictures, enjoy!

levesterz
Nice
Aiseca
Ok, now I need to get travelling.
abraker
Intriguing fact about me: I've never flown on a plane
E m i
well same, let me ask this

buying the ticket is easy, but why is there no available information on how to get on a plane as in actually enter the airport and get through the necessary procedures?

i found a few videos, tutorials. but they still did not contain all the information, well.

that's why i never flew any planes, a 12 hour bus was less stressful

but to norway i will have to take a plane, how sad
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
So... Minecraft was released on the 17th of May 2009

Norway's national day is 17th of May.

The entirety of Norway celebrated and walked through several parades for Minecraft's fucking 10-year anniversary.

You win this time, Sweden...
Meah
Happy Birthday
thyme_old_1
A bit late, but I have visited Norway before and it was stunning and such a beautiful place. I actually want to go on a vacation there again, now that i saw this thread lol
astrr
bro i freaking love n orway bro
bro
RWaifu
Someone should turn the national song to an osu map, would play.
z0z
-.-

nerco
show more