DumbNecro
b
NoitaKuningas

TomDotBat wrote:

there are no benefits.
we die alone.
That does sound about right yeah
Watervapor
More on reaction time, a bit of aim but I rarely play fps so I can't say to a full extent.
Vexxer232
Not an improvement, per se, but I feel like it's enhanced my music listening experience.

I listen to breakcore and shizz like that and think to myself "how would this be charted in mania" and somehow, for some reason I don't know why, it makes me feel super super good.
yarWe
not forgetting how to hold a pen
Thevaka
1. Faster reflex
2. Calming me when I feel stress
Karmine

yarWe wrote:

not forgetting how to hold a pen
Literally the only reason I still know how to do that.
Outside of exams I haven't used an actual pen in years.

Other than that there's no real benefit of playing the game, except RSI if you like pain.
lazymint
My reaction time is definitely improved, uhhh and I can hold pens better? LMAO
Lunniet
Now I can dodge revolver projectiles, I don't need a healthcare for these kind of injuries.

Source: trust me

and don't forget
we are here forever

real benefits to me:
listen to new songs
talk to people
epic man 2
-More varied and larger song taste
-Some Music theory knowledge (thanks to mapping)
-Stamina, reaction time and a bit of speed.

Can't think of anything else but I think that is it.
YomiO
reaction
more variety of music
etc
mchaxer
I would say my reflex and my eyes got faster
Blue9485
it's improved my reaction time in other games
haha i rolypoly
It has improved my reaction time and a lot of my friends that I have made also know what osu is so its made our bond stronger
redleader20056
before i played osu! I had:
no gf/bf
tiny dick
parents who weren't disappointed in me

well, i haven't changed the first two, but osu! definitely helped me change the third one
ShinRun

redleader20056 wrote:

before i played osu! I had:
no gf/bf
tiny dick
parents who weren't disappointed in me

well, i haven't changed the first two, but osu! definitely helped me change the third one
This hit harder than it should
Auncle
It has improved my reaction time,helped me find some cool songs,win staring contests,yes,and it is a good place to brush my problems away,so I am happier in general
Altara
no money moneyy
qwt
Nothing
catzlucky
other than knowing more quality music than 99+% of general society and pressing the (elevator) buttons very fast, there's not much benefit
My Angel Kuroe
more endurance
more glasses
more TOUHOU things
Blue9485
it's improved my reaction time
- Solar -
it ruins people's lives!!
11 - MIKADO
i catched a fly midair, maybe an effect of osu

also reflexes are better i guess, and reading abilities aside from games
Patatitta
no benefit
Big Sausage Man
for me i've gotten better reflexes.
-Andrei-
nothing much besides vision becoming blurry and unable to play osu!std since i developed some type of wrist problem
Eunbi
cringe
Karmine
Misery and regrets
upan
alot of a good friend
mqwilliamscom
For me, it's teaching me the value of patience and improving over a slow period of time. I'm actually learning drawing by sticking to fundamental exercises like linework and arm movement, and that's thanks to osu! since I've been shocked at my rate of progress. I challenge myself with the game, but I never overextend. I just have fun and let the progress come naturally

Of course there's the addictiveness factor, but I've been dealing with that crap for about ten years, so it's nothing new that I can't put a somewhat reasonable lid on.
Vaizex
none
Ivy Charlotte
I think it’s a way to get distracted and have fun, for me it’s very cool, because when I have nothing to do and I’m bored, I enter the osu to listen to some cool songs and try to play maps that I don’t usually play to see if I can do :3
meemimayuri
It makes my hands all sweaty. Usually my hands are cold enough to make snowballs out of boiling water.
C1rse
helps me relax after studying ,you should try it ;) (not advertising lmao)
KesoCheeseee
I think the benefits I got is I can open my eyes longer without blinking and my reflex and reaction time improved alot (Like last night a cockroach suddenly flew too me and I manage to dodge it 3x trying to land on me) so far osu improved some of my "ability"
xch00F
faster reaction time and a deeper understanding of music
pizzaboy
Tbh I don't feel any different but my grip strength is really strong and it also helps guide me since the ideas I work up on in osu can be applied in other subjects basically if you master one thing the rest gets easier to do/master
Winnyace

xch00F wrote:

Faster reaction time yes. A deeper understanding of music not really. Then again, I'm not a mapper at all.
Wimpy Cursed

xch00F wrote:

agree !
xch00F

Winnyace wrote:

xch00F wrote:

Faster reaction time yes. A deeper understanding of music not really. Then again, I'm not a mapper at all.
I don't think you need to be a mapper for rhythm games to deepen your understanding of music, tho it definitely helps since it's essentially music analysis. the use of music in rhythm gaming is unique within video gaming at large. music plays around the environment in every other genre of video game, in rhythm games the environment is the music.
[-Omni-]
benefitied me being more introverted :Trollface:
Rio-
All it does is giving me RSI for years since I quit playing osu back in 2016 tbh. Though I'd say if you're good at it, just keep at it. You'll get friends in no time for your skills. IRL? No, I dont think It's good.
Melodies
I don't understand why every says faster reaction time, the difference is not noticeable in your daily life
ClevelandsMyBro
circa 2 years ago i was sorting out some dishes and a ceramic mug was about to fall and i swiped it clean whilst it was falling. in my head i was like "damn the combined force of my reading and reaction speed from years of osu definitely contributed to this display"
Karmine

Melodies wrote:

I don't understand why every says faster reaction time, the difference is not noticeable in your daily life
They want to believe.
BluePyTheWDeer_
I have been getting better at Minecraft PvP without playing Minecraft, only OSU!
PorridgeBoss
Mania have taught me to write quickly, typing quickly. Maybe im the fast typing among my friends in my classroom, they even confused how you can typing so quickly, yeah, i believe that is some advantages on how mania give me some superpower hahahahaha.
xch00F

Melodies wrote:

this but it's typing speed instead
the only thing rhythm games have done to my typing is make me type louder and piss off the coworker in the office next to mine
JonyRi
definitely my mouse aim and timing lol :>
Polyspora
uh on my peak when I played with mouse my aim in other games was pretty snappy, not better. just snappier.