forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lul...

posted
Total Posts
show more
- Glu -
I want this ranked. I have been waiting for someone to map this for so long. Thanks for mapping and good luck getting it ranked. Looking forward to it.!
Rohulk
It's a good map. Don't see any things want to see changed. Every weird double on a slider and sliderjump part seems doable to me after i played it just 2 times, so I'll say that after playing this 10+ times any part that seemed dumb in the beginning will become natural.

I say people are missing the point here a bit. Everyone ever will be able to do the weird jumps, sliderjumps, 3-5 bursts and doubles and stuff waaaaaaaaaay before they will be able to even have the stamina to play all the streams in this. Whatever playability or flow or song-following problem there may be here, it's a non-issue in contrast to the raw skill required to play this.

We should let players have aspirations of being able to pass/play/fc maps that are outrageously outside their skill level. Having ranked maps such as this will make some players want to improve and have something to work towards. Please make it happen. This is my player perspective, a player who focuses more on improvement and leeches motivation from anything he can.
I think having such a map ranked would benefit those kinds of player's enjoyment of a challenge and fun of playing, and let's be honest after a certain difficulty, like this map, it ALL becomes about FUN and improvement and NOT mapping... I think a few mapping ideas and rules go out the window when we are talking about a super high bpm, deathstream justifiable, melodic death metal map. We should all let the players who can enjoy this, enjoy it more by being ranked and let our mapping OCD take a break.
What I'm saying is that any player who is able to play this map, would scoff at these 'issues'. And that's what a game is about, the player, not the creator or creation process.
I like the standard this map sets as to stamina, finger control and reading. It's amazing training and the mapping itself is fun.

Would rank/10
VINXIS

Rohulk wrote:

and let's be honest after a certain difficulty, like this map, it ALL becomes about FUN and improvement and NOT mapping... I think a few mapping ideas and rules go out the window when we are talking about a super high bpm, deathstream justifiable, melodic death metal map. We should all let the players who can enjoy this, enjoy it more by being ranked and let our mapping OCD take a break.
no wtf ur basicaly just digging a deeper grave for this map saying this lol.., it gives the mild/indirect impression that this sudnt b ranked cuz "DAE FOLLOW MAPPING CONCEPTS/RULES FOR MAPPING HIGH BPM XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

rest of that is ok i gues imo,,

inb4 ppl get baited by ths even tho i ltiaerly just said nothing LUL

btw 06:03:458 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - streamz lik ths play lik shit just look at othr mapz tht do this (gabe power is a gud example)
07:15:680 (1) - also tak out th nc here
Monstrata
Rohulk's avatar accurately describes the mapping standards currently imposed by the community. I love it xD.

I agree to a certain extent though. Mapping challenging stuff is fun and rewarding honestly. Not all maps are meant to be easily fc'ed. Sometimes a map is fun not because of all the fun and original patterns it employs, but because it gives the player an interesting challenge, whether it be reading, extremely high SV's, or just some sort of gimmick etc... Where some people derive fun from these maps, others might derive cancer. It happens. But there's a clear difference between "fun and challenging maps", and rankable "fun and challenging maps". The map still has to go through the modding process if it wants to be ranked. Why? So the map can be improved to a subjectively sufficient quality standard. The community decides what maps get through to the ranked section. And unfortunately the community is mainly mappers, not players. We make the maps, you simply play our creations. If we didn't exist, you wouldn't have songs to play, so trust our judgement a bit more please. What is playable is not always good.
emilia
u spelt remilia wrong, u made it rhyme with my name.. double "l" haha...

kds pls ... .... ..
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

VINXIS wrote:

Rohulk wrote:

and let's be honest after a certain difficulty, like this map, it ALL becomes about FUN and improvement and NOT mapping... I think a few mapping ideas and rules go out the window when we are talking about a super high bpm, deathstream justifiable, melodic death metal map. We should all let the players who can enjoy this, enjoy it more by being ranked and let our mapping OCD take a break.
no wtf ur basicaly just digging a deeper grave for this map saying this lol.., it gives the mild/indirect impression that this sudnt b ranked cuz "DAE FOLLOW MAPPING CONCEPTS/RULES FOR MAPPING HIGH BPM XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

rest of that is ok i gues imo,,

inb4 ppl get baited by ths even tho i ltiaerly just said nothing LUL

btw 06:03:458 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - streamz lik ths play lik shit just look at othr mapz tht do this (gabe power is a gud example) - Nice Meme
07:15:680 (1) - also tak out th nc here - Gonna keep to be safe. Im sure if I took it out someone would want it back because of the sudden direction change.

[ Emillia ] wrote:

u spelt remilia wrong, u made it rhyme with my name.. double "l" haha...

kds pls ... .... ..
I didnt even notice. Good spot. KDS Deny inbound :^)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Okay, went through again myself and did a couple bits of optimisation myself, I also pulled the whole combo around 05:03:180 (12,13) - up so they wernt off screen, even if it was rankable before. Just to be safe.

If anyone else still has some issues please let me know. If not Ill probably go for the re qualify later today.

EDIT: I also changed 06:29:680 (1,2) - as suggested in nathans mod. I didnt go over that again last time.
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Heya~
In the middle of ACTUAL mods, I'll point out that you may add to the tags "The Violation Fleshgod Apocalypse" as The Empress is made as a mix of Flander theme and The Violation by Fleshgod~

Good luck !
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

Heya~
In the middle of ACTUAL mods, I'll point out that you may add to the tags "The Violation Fleshgod Apocalypse" as The Empress is made as a mix of Flander theme and The Violation by Fleshgod~

Good luck !
Is it really? Any source?
[Hiiro Sakaki]
https://twitter.com/Ak39everlasting/status/756117954027261952

That's the best I can find so far, but it's a common thing to tell The Empress is based off The Violation (Listen to the intro and the chords progression)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

[Hiiro Sakaki] wrote:

https://twitter.com/Ak39everlasting/status/756117954027261952

That's the best I can find so far, but it's a common thing to tell The Empress is based off The Violation (Listen to the intro and the chords progression)
Good enough for me, Ill add that in. Thanks.
Wormi
06:12:124 (2) - Isn't this whole stream overmapped?
Would a 1/3 fit better here? (or another rythm based on sliders or something?)

edit: Also, shouldn't the background be 1366x768?
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Worminators wrote:

06:12:124 (2) - Isn't this whole stream overmapped?
Would a 1/3 fit better here? (or another rythm based on sliders or something?)

edit: Also, shouldn't the background be 1366x768?
90% 1/4 with a few random notes thrown in. Im still not sure about trying to change this one since this is just as close.

BG is fine if its a couple pixels under.
Alheak
Very nice, may 2016 be the year of impossible Undead Corp sets!

Have a few (useless) stars because I my OCD wanna see +100
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
06:12:124 (1) - Changed stream to be 1/3 and 1/4 but honestly I think it would still be better as all 1/4

Again, if no-one else mentions anything Ill try and Re qualify this tomorrow.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
Last update post. Ill be calling the BN's today for requalify.

Spoke to Azer and he suggested 01:20:064 (1) - To be changed from all sliders since it adds some rather un-needed reading, so replaced with simple streams. Nothing else caught his attention.

Quick IRC with Alheak as well to change the 1/4 stream at 06:12:124 (1) - To match the varying rhythm between 1/3 and 1/4 as best as I could.

Anyways. I think were ready for requalify now.
Wormi
Can you please change the background image to this one that is actually 1366x768?
http://puu.sh/rgKVA/5aa9bac141.jpg

I resized it from the highest resolution I found and you can see it has a better quality, sharper edges and looks less blurry
(The fact that the image was not exactly 1366x768 was messing with my OCD)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Worminators wrote:

Can you please change the background image to this one that is actually 1366x768?
http://puu.sh/rgKVA/5aa9bac141.jpg

I resized it from the highest resolution I found and you can see it has a better quality, sharper edges and looks less blurry
(The fact that the image was not exactly 1366x768 was messing with my OCD)
Sure thing. My photoshop is broke and had to use a shitty online editor, so that might explain the bad quality. Thanks
Pelzio
Battle
not rly lo
Weriko
inb4 rank
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Weriko wrote:

inb4 rank
Still need to find 2 replacement BN's

If any BN's read this, hit me up. :^)
Cryptic

EphemeralFetish wrote:

You lost 2 of the 3? Damn.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Cryptic wrote:

EphemeralFetish wrote:

You lost 2 of the 3? Damn.
Spaghetti didnt really like the map but was just helping out cause I couldnt find anyone. Kagetsu wants to avoid drama.
xDololow

EphemeralFetish wrote:

... avoid drama.
Drama in circle clicking game. LUL LUL LUL
Cherry Blossom
That's sad but.
Nobody, and i said, NOBODY in this community is able to judge a map like this.
Nobody has BOTH enough playing and modding skills to judge this map.
I didn't say this map is bad, but ranking this map doesn't make sense for now, since nobody can't judge it.
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish

Cherry Blossom wrote:

That's sad but.
I didn't say this map is bad, but ranking this map doesn't make sense for now, since nobody can't judge it.
I think its easy to judge. You just need to go about it differently. Rather than looking at the map as a whole you can just break everything down into small parts and judge those. Even looking at each combo. Much easier to judge it that way, and all long as each small section works and fits into the next then the map as a whole is fine.
Weber

Cherry Blossom wrote:

That's sad but.
a. its passable
b. its not alien
c. its not even CLOSE to being alien
d. its not even like the map has difficult to understand concepts
e. its not alien
f. its STILL not alien

if you would like to clarify exactly what is so unjudgable about the map as to warrant it as unrankable, please do share

edit: mashallah
Cherry Blossom
@Weber
Okay then.
Find me someone in this community that is able to play this map properly and pass, and which has also enough modding skills, and not "please change this pattern" without giving a good reason, and without understanding the whole mechanic of the map.
And i didn't say this map looks like Alien, there is a huge difference between them.
Monstrata wanted to create another concept behind his map by making it intentionally ugly in order to make it "fit better" the song. While EphemeralFetish's map has a "simple concept" but looks as difficult as Alien.

@EphemeralFetish
And it's a bad idea to take patterns one by one. A map is made by its global structure, and judging patterns one by one doesn't make sense, because you ignore the context around it. And the context must not be forgotten.
Charles explained something similar in this video (around 2mins), please look at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRW8EGbdfLA
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
I was just saying that while it may be difficult to judge a map as a whole, you can certainly judge each concept/pattern/structure etc etc and see that it works.
Weber

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Find me someone in this community that is able to play this map properly and pass

Cherry Blossom wrote:

and which has also enough modding skills

You don't need to be good at this game to have an in-depth understanding at how mapping works.
Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Weber

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Explain why you need to both be able to play the map as well as have extensive mapping and modding knowledge when instead, as an experienced mapper, you COULD get the opinion of someone talented at the game who can play it, then through your own knowledge and experienced judgement, determine whether the map is good or not.

Because your train of thought where, just because we don't have a player that's both extremely proficient at both playing the game as well as mapping/modding it somehow gates us from ranking these kind of maps, just doesn't make sense imo.
Vyander
what about Doomsday, jesse1412 and XII? they all have experience on this kinds of maps i think (at least on terms of playing it)
Topic Starter
EphemeralFetish
At the end of the day none of this matters. Got a couple mods, applied pretty much everything from both. Just needs Re Qualify.
Kibbleru

Weber wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Explain why you need to both be able to play the map as well as have extensive mapping and modding knowledge when instead, as an experienced mapper, you COULD get the opinion of someone talented at the game who can play it, then through your own knowledge and experienced judgement, determine whether the map is good or not.

Because your train of thought where, just because we don't have a player that's both extremely proficient at both playing the game as well as mapping/modding it somehow gates us from ranking these kind of maps, just doesn't make sense imo.
i agree, but its just not quite the same unfortunately :( i wish what u said were true too
LastExceed
This map is passable, we just need someone who mastered playing with 4keys in osu!std to meet up with someone who has the aiming skills and then do a coop attempt.

And no, I'm not joking.
FathomAssembly
Hi ! I wanted to help at least a bit by saying motivating shit !

I've read with attention all twenty pages of the post, which is something I do rarely, and here is what I think : This should be ranked. I'm thinking like Rohulk, having really really hard maps is good, because its motivating. Having maps you look up to, that you dream to do, is what makes you going.
"It's too difficult !" some say, I'd make a simple comparison. At first, humanity didn't even have fire, now, we've reached the moon, and I know that soon we'll reach the stars. Tell any prehistoric man that their descendance will reach the stars in the sky, I'm sure they wouldn't believe you, yet we're close to it now.

When I see something hard/seemingly impossible, I think 'what makes this look impossible ?... Oh, it's that and that, but now that I think about it, it's perfectly doable !'. I personnally believe that someday, someone will SS Centipede all mods, and when that day happens, this map will have been SS'ed all mods plenty of times already. The only way to improve it to challenge yourself. Let's improve the mapping meta by making and ranking this kind of hard yet well made maps !
Shiirn

Cherry Blossom wrote:

@EphemeralFetish
And it's a bad idea to take patterns one by one. A map is made by its global structure, and judging patterns one by one doesn't make sense, because you ignore the context around it. And the context must not be forgotten.
Charles explained something similar in this video (around 2mins), please look at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRW8EGbdfLA
If you bothered to actually look at the map, this uses global structure pretty well. It's pattern-based rather than distance-based.
chainpullz

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Idk, smoothie world seems like he might have the requisite skills in both departments. Though hes quite literally the only person I can think of who comes close to satisfying both.

Edit: Rustbell is pretty good at 4key alternating with mouse but good fucking luck aiming at the same time lol. Hes pretty spro but I think even his inhuman rhythm game talents would struggle on this one.
show more