1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps

show more
posted

Enon wrote:

Was including wrong tag a reason to be disqualified? Wasn't tag an option :O
Tags are part of the metadata section so anything wrong with that should be adressed. A person can rank a map without tags, but putting other users names in it implies obeying the rules related to that. That's why I want to know if LKs only did timing or if he mapped something. Because timing only so far wasn't enough for a tag on a mapset.
posted
This might break the metadata, but everything that helps to find the mapset could be included into tag imo. like "What was that map, which song was also mapped by LKs in past??"

At this time, the tag will be helped.
posted
lopkyy
posted

Enon wrote:

This might break the metadata, but everything that helps to find the mapset could be included into tag imo. like "What was that map, which song was also mapped by LKs in past??"

At this time, the tag will be helped.
It doesn't work like this sadly... Tags are meant to indicate who worked on this set, and also to help people to find this set, not to find someone else's set through this one. :(
posted
who care about who set timing
posted
I mean if LKs mapped this song too, it could be useful to find "this mapset" to include LKs' name into tag, since HW mapped this song while there is a map of LKs.

if you say a tag should be helpful to find a mapset, LKs' name is indeed to help finding this mapset.

tl;dr PEOPLE COULD FIND THIS MAPSET THROUGH LKS' NAME


I don't know what the rule exactly is. It's up to mapper and QAT!
posted
LKS timed the song, he didn't map it
posted
like
posted
What, then LKs deserves to be included into the tag indeed?

At least, LKs did a thing for this map. Timing is really important stuff to map a song. You would know it?

He is related to this mapset indeed.
posted
I mean honestly just because he timed a song doesn't mean he has to be in the tags, you wouldn't really recognize a map by who timed it and then search for that user because of that...
But tbh this is a really minor issue, it doesn't really hurt to include him in tags because he did at least sth for the map
posted

handsome wrote:

lopkyy
yah..
posted
is this a joke or something
posted
if disqualified, the last uninherited point is 4/4 instead of 5/4 like it should be
posted
lopkyy!!!
posted

Net0 wrote:

Did LKs map any diff? I'm not sure if timing only is worth of tags or at least I never saw anyone putting the person who timed a song only and didn't map anything get in the tags.
hollow wing map ≠ igor sprite map
you can't dq this only with wrong metadata.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Guidelines: Guidelines may be violated under exceptional circumstances. These exceptional circumstances must be warranted by an exhaustive explanation as of why the guideline has been violated and why not violating it will interfere with the overall quality of the creation. like have more than 20 maps ranked and be a relevant mapper.
posted

Igor Sprite wrote:

Net0 wrote:

Did LKs map any diff? I'm not sure if timing only is worth of tags or at least I never saw anyone putting the person who timed a song only and didn't map anything get in the tags.
hollow wing map ≠ igor sprite map
you can't dq this only with wrong metadata.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Guidelines: Guidelines may be violated under exceptional circumstances. These exceptional circumstances must be warranted by an exhaustive explanation as of why the guideline has been violated and why not violating it will interfere with the overall quality of the creation. like have more than 20 maps ranked and be a relevant mapper.
...wrong metadata is unrankable...
posted
rules =/= guidelines
posted
now all makes sense :o


posted
keep your salt in the relevant threads please. if you didn't lazily copy literally everything from alacat you would not have had an issue in the first place. LKs probably contributed to the first iteration of this map many years ago and as such was in tags.
posted

Naotoshi wrote:

LKs probably contributed to the first iteration of this map many years ago and as such was in tags.
this is exactly what i said about lopkyy, but isn't a probability, i can confirm, he helped :o
show more
Please sign in to reply.