Start your new year off right.
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

CptSqBany wrote:

I've managed to find a couple of stacking issues:

00:45:828 (3,4) - here
00:46:132 (5,6) - and here

Good luck! :)
it's like a editor bug (when i save the map, some objects will be move like 1px), so just ignore it.

Mir wrote:

Start your new year off right.
thank you mir~

i think i finially finished my all 8 of first willing mapping works.
Low
YESSS lol
Kawashiro
Congratz!
Otosaka-Yu
恭喜新年rank图,hw牛逼!
rickyfernando
Report not disqualified not beatmap here! try again! :x :x
rickyfernando
Report not disqualified beatmap here!
Net0
Did LKs map any diff? I'm not sure if timing only is worth of tags or at least I never saw anyone putting the person who timed a song only and didn't map anything get in the tags.
_handholding
You can't include LKs in the tags if all he did was time the song. If he didn't map anything or make an SB he/she shouldn't be in the tags.

Also the difficulty name "Dash Hard" seems out of place, but that could just be me

edit: Net0 beat me to it
Enon
Was including wrong tag a reason to be disqualified? Wasn't tag an option :O
Net0

Enon wrote:

Was including wrong tag a reason to be disqualified? Wasn't tag an option :O
Tags are part of the metadata section so anything wrong with that should be adressed. A person can rank a map without tags, but putting other users names in it implies obeying the rules related to that. That's why I want to know if LKs only did timing or if he mapped something. Because timing only so far wasn't enough for a tag on a mapset.
Enon
This might break the metadata, but everything that helps to find the mapset could be included into tag imo. like "What was that map, which song was also mapped by LKs in past??"

At this time, the tag will be helped.
hehe
lopkyy
Pachiru

Enon wrote:

This might break the metadata, but everything that helps to find the mapset could be included into tag imo. like "What was that map, which song was also mapped by LKs in past??"

At this time, the tag will be helped.
It doesn't work like this sadly... Tags are meant to indicate who worked on this set, and also to help people to find this set, not to find someone else's set through this one. :(
Kawashiro
who care about who set timing
Enon
I mean if LKs mapped this song too, it could be useful to find "this mapset" to include LKs' name into tag, since HW mapped this song while there is a map of LKs.

if you say a tag should be helpful to find a mapset, LKs' name is indeed to help finding this mapset.

tl;dr PEOPLE COULD FIND THIS MAPSET THROUGH LKS' NAME

I don't know what the rule exactly is. It's up to mapper and QAT!
_handholding
LKS timed the song, he didn't map it
zev
Enon
What, then LKs deserves to be included into the tag indeed?

At least, LKs did a thing for this map. Timing is really important stuff to map a song. You would know it?

He is related to this mapset indeed.
_DT3
I mean honestly just because he timed a song doesn't mean he has to be in the tags, you wouldn't really recognize a map by who timed it and then search for that user because of that...
But tbh this is a really minor issue, it doesn't really hurt to include him in tags because he did at least sth for the map
Surono

handsome wrote:

lopkyy
yah..
hi-mei
is this a joke or something
ConsumerOfBean
if disqualified, the last uninherited point is 4/4 instead of 5/4 like it should be
Nao Tomori
lopkyy!!!
igorsprite

Net0 wrote:

Did LKs map any diff? I'm not sure if timing only is worth of tags or at least I never saw anyone putting the person who timed a song only and didn't map anything get in the tags.
hollow wing map ≠ igor sprite map
you can't dq this only with wrong metadata.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Guidelines: Guidelines may be violated under exceptional circumstances. These exceptional circumstances must be warranted by an exhaustive explanation as of why the guideline has been violated and why not violating it will interfere with the overall quality of the creation. like have more than 20 maps ranked and be a relevant mapper.
jeanbernard8865

Igor Sprite wrote:

Net0 wrote:

hollow wing map ≠ igor sprite map
you can't dq this only with wrong metadata.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Guidelines: Guidelines may be violated under exceptional circumstances. These exceptional circumstances must be warranted by an exhaustive explanation as of why the guideline has been violated and why not violating it will interfere with the overall quality of the creation. like have more than 20 maps ranked and be a relevant mapper.
...wrong metadata is unrankable...
Xinnoh
rules =/= guidelines
igorsprite
now all makes sense :o

Nao Tomori
keep your salt in the relevant threads please. if you didn't lazily copy literally everything from alacat you would not have had an issue in the first place. LKs probably contributed to the first iteration of this map many years ago and as such was in tags.
igorsprite

Naotoshi wrote:

LKs probably contributed to the first iteration of this map many years ago and as such was in tags.
this is exactly what i said about lopkyy, but isn't a probability, i can confirm, he helped :o
Shohei Ohtani
Is this what qualifies as a good beatmap nowadays?

Just go ahead and ban me again, I'm a little bit frightened that after about 8 years of mapping that this is considered acceptable.

I could go into detail about how this map is super duper problematic but I don't want to waste my time with it seeing as it's already ranked.

Just please next time maybe turn down the gimmicks and think 2 seconds about the player experience.
Vell
Am I glad that after 8 years of mapping this is considered acceptable. I always wanted to thank you for keeping the game interesting and inspiring creativity on undiscovered and untouched upon fields in mapping. Without you and maps like these I would have moved on from playing this game and mapping myself long ago. Thank you for keeping the game fun and interesting for me and many people who appreciate your work as well.