Tips for single tapping and streaming, I suck at both

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
mkiol20

Venzire wrote:

Looks like you barely play...
I've been playing offline most of the time recently.
Topic Starter
mkiol20

B1rd wrote:

lean how to use enter.
Coming from the person who uses a period and not a capital, and can't spell learn. Typical.
B1rd

mkiol20 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

lean how to use enter.
Coming from the person who uses a period and not a capital, and can't spell learn. Typical.
no one gives a shit about no capitals or random typos. but no one wants to read your retarded block of text.
Upskirt
Oh boy, this thread's going down hill...

mkiol20 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

lean how to use enter.
Dear Diary of Amadeus Beethoven Omega Isaac Mozart Newton Kyle The Thirteenth,

I am still trying to fathom how nature produces such creatures. It is an anomaly.

His cancer is almost straight from YouTube-- most likely part of the Grammar Nazi clique--, and his personality is a near 90 degree angle.

For Sir mkiol20's information, mispelling and uncapitalization is common on osu.ppy.sh forums, for the reason, well, nobody gives any fucks about it ezcept for you.

Sincerely,
ABOIMNK XIII (will you get on me for using abbreviations?)

to be serious, LOOK AT THE STICKIES.
buny
Have you tried not being bad?

It usually works

buny wrote:

Have you tried not being bad?

It usually works
OH SNAP

SHOTS FIRED
Upskirt

Faces3 wrote:

Dear Diary of Amadeus Beethoven Omega Isaac Mozart Newton Kyle The Thirteenth,

I am still trying to fathom how nature produces such creatures. It is an anomaly.

His cancer is almost straight from YouTube-- most likely part of the Grammar Nazi clique--, and his personality is a near 90 degree angle.

For Sir mkiol20's information, mispelling and uncapitalization is common on osu.ppy.sh forums, for the reason, well, nobody gives any fucks about it ezcept for you.

Sincerely,
ABOIMNK XIII (will you get on me for using abbreviations?)

to be serious, LOOK AT THE STICKIES.
This is dirty... HAHAH
Bauxe

B1rd wrote:

mkiol20 wrote:

no one gives a shit about no capitals or random typos. but no one wants to read your retarded block of text.
I'm with B1rd on this one. Fuck your lack of paragraphing.
Mofu kun
if you're going to insult the people trying to help, i don't want to help you.
Blanky

MoF10 wrote:

if you're going to insult the people trying to help, i don't want to help you.
I don't think b1rd had the intention to help...
chainpullz
Play more. Build finger muscles. Profit.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

Fingers do not have muscles therefore your advice is invalid. Good day.
B1rd

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Fingers do not have muscles therefore your advice is invalid. Good day.
your fingers do in fact have muscles controlling them. the advice is not invalid.
Masaki
You, my friend, are an asshole.

Here's a tip.
Take that rod out of your ass and be nice when someone offers advice.

An actual tip: For high BPM streams use alternating keys. I prefer using the default ZX.
xLolicore-
Oh boy, looks like the post is gonna crumble. :(
Vuelo Eluko
have you tried practicing?
GoldenWolf
You guys are probably too harsh with this dude, but it's true no one wants to read that plain block of text.

All of that aside, go play more instead of wasting your time posting on forums; that won't make you improve, playing the game will.
ZenithPhantasm

GoldenWolf wrote:

You guys are probably too harsh with this dude, but it's true no one wants to read that plain block of text.

All of that aside, go play more instead of wasting your time posting on forums; that won't make you improve, playing the game will.
Preach it senpai.
Topic Starter
mkiol20
I'm aware what I said wasn't that nice but when you post to the forums for the first time seeking advice and get "lean to use enter.", well you get the gist. Anyway as I've seen very little actual advice and a lot of toxicity, pretend I never made this post. For those who didn't read earlier, I have been playing offline most of the time, I wanted to get a set playstyle down before I logged on again.
FlyingKebab
At first I thought GoldenWolf was a meanie to me, but then i realized that he was actually nice compared to some others. It's just how forums work, you will get used to getting called bad etc. That "Use enter comment" was just a way of saying arrange your text a bit better so it would be easier to read for others, it's kinda bad to throw a brick wall of text at people and just expect them to read everything. Just sayin'.

Although you are better than me at this game there really is no way to magically get better and I feel like i have written that over 20 times already (Some already a few hundred times lol). I also experience finger-lock a lot recently but that is because I almost always use NF to get better and 200+ BPM streams challenge the hell out of me and my tapping speed and precision, it's normal to lock up if the stream is too fast for you to do correctly, although one of the reasons could be that you aren't just used to using two fingers since you used click with a key for a long amount of time.

Single tapping speed just comes from pushing your limits as well as streaming speed and consistency.

TL;DR: Play more challenging stuff and you will eventually get used to the speed and or make your finger-locking go away.
winber1
play the tutorial again
Topic Starter
mkiol20

FlyingKebab wrote:

At first I thought GoldenWolf was a meanie to me, but then i realized that he was actually nice compared to some others. It's just how forums work, you will get used to getting called bad etc. That "Use enter comment" was just a way of saying arrange your text a bit better so it would be easier to read for others, it's kinda bad to throw a brick wall of text at people and just expect them to read everything. Just sayin'.

Although you are better than me at this game there really is no way to magically get better and I feel like i have written that over 20 times already (Some already a few hundred times lol). I also experience finger-lock a lot recently but that is because I almost always use NF to get better and 200+ BPM streams challenge the hell out of me and my tapping speed and precision, it's normal to lock up if the stream is too fast for you to do correctly, although one of the reasons could be that you aren't just used to using two fingers since you used click with a key for a long amount of time.

Single tapping speed just comes from pushing your limits as well as streaming speed and consistency.

TL;DR: Play more challenging stuff and you will eventually get used to the speed and or make your finger-locking go away.
First of all, thank you for some legitimate advice. Anyway I am constantly playing maps I cannot beat so thats why in my original post mentioned "a more efficient way" sadly it's been months and I don't seem to be getting any faster. My main priority right now is single tap as that is what usually causes me to fail a song. I think I've reached my limit for as fast as I can tap. Fml.
Topic Starter
mkiol20

winber1 wrote:

play the tutorial again
Who actually keeps the tutorial.
buny

winber1 wrote:

play the tutorial again
still better than james training
ZenithPhantasm

buny wrote:

winber1 wrote:

play the tutorial again
still better than james training
All about the nightcore jump training.
chainpullz

FlyingKebab wrote:

I also experience finger-lock a lot recently but that is because I almost always use NF to get better and 200+ BPM mashing challenge the hell out of me and my tapping speed and precision, it's normal to lock up if the stream is too fast for you to do correctly, although one of the reasons could be that you aren't just used to using two fingers since you used click with a key for a long amount of time.
Please kebab, stop worrying about 200bpm streams until you at least master some of the basics...
ZenithPhantasm
rog-unlimitation master race.
RaneFire
Personally I found the best solution for my "finger-lock" was to play complex patterns over 200 bpm. Even if I memorised them through many plays, I find I trained my fingers to do things that they didn't want to do smoothly before, and to transition between doubles/triples etc. faster.
Masaki

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

so kawaii~~~~
Topic Starter
mkiol20

RaneFire wrote:

Personally I found the best solution for my "finger-lock" was to play complex patterns over 200 bpm. Even if I memorised them through many plays, I find I trained my fingers to do things that they didn't want to do smoothly before, and to transition between doubles/triples etc. faster.
Sound like it could work, thanks for the advice. Any maps in particular you'd recommend? If not it's fine.
streaming: http://puu.sh/7aGdR.txt#_=_

singletapping: seriously just develop singletapping speed, that's all i can say

now, do NOT take that as me telling you to play high bom songs single tap only, that is not the right way to improve. just start at a good, slow bpm and work your way up.
Topic Starter
mkiol20
I wanted to say sorry to everyone who posted earlier, I just attempted to make a new forum post with my alt to try at this again, and failed. Facepalm. Also thank you Faces3.
ZenithPhantasm

OG9 wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

so kawaii~~~~
Stahp hugging me. Nyaaaaaaaa~ *experiences intense orgasm*
RaneFire

mkiol20 wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Sound like it could work, thanks for the advice. Any maps in particular you'd recommend? If not it's fine.
It's hard to recommend maps for complex patterns because everyone has certain patterns they do better on. For me, I find it a lot easier to do patterns which end on my secondary finger, while main-to-main transitions/pauses are a lot more taxing, since they essentially require "finger-only single-tapping speed", something I'm not very good at.

You can have a look at my short streams list for the general idea... Short streams, lots of them, mapped densely together... sometimes including sliders.
xLolicore-

mkiol20 wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

First of all, thank you for some legitimate advice. Anyway I am constantly playing maps I cannot beat so thats why in my original post mentioned "a more efficient way" sadly it's been months and I don't seem to be getting any faster. My main priority right now is single tap as that is what usually causes me to fail a song. I think I've reached my limit for as fast as I can tap. Fml.
Hmmm. Is mouse-only your current playstyle that you've mastered? If so you can even try left clicking and right clicking in a stream but then it'll be hard soooooo......
But as for singletapping.....usually hard maps have a lot of singletapping, but if you want to practice that, try the NoFail mod xD
Bufa

B1rd wrote:

mkiol20 wrote:

agreed
viviwivi

Masaki wrote:

Here's a tip.

An actual tip: For high BPM streams use alternating keys. I prefer using the default ZX.
b1rd had the intention of being a dick, he was only defending himself and you're calling him the asshole?
her everything

viviwivi wrote:

Masaki wrote:

Here's a tip.

b1rd had the intention of being a dick, he was only defending himself and you're calling him the asshole?
why necroing, this was 9 years ago
Corne2Plum3

viviwivi wrote:

Masaki wrote:

Here's a tip.

This was 9 years ago...