IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (Short ver.)

posted
Total Posts
113
show more
SapphireGhost
(image previously here)
Hinacle
I Love Hina~!!
AroundTheManhole
GJ Kitsune! :D.

Starrrrrr.
Rikers

Wojjan wrote:

I don't know why you storyboarded in the video. Why didn't you just add the video?
Because Kitsune is pro like that c:
Kiddo-Kun

Wojjan wrote:

I don't know why you storyboarded in the video. Why didn't you just add the video?
[Easy]
00:57:803 (1) - Remove this new combo to match 00:53:003 (2).
01:23:174 (2) - Remove new combo to match the song better.

[Normal]
00:20:088 (3,1,2) - This is a little confusing for a Normal.
00:41:345 (1,1) - I don't think a jump like this is necessary. Especially for a Normal.
00:48:203 (1) - Add a finish.
00:54:374 (1) - This slider ends so suddenly. And it sounds a bit weird. I recommend moving it to the white tick ahead.

[Hard]
00:25:917 (8) - Remove finish. Doesn't fit.
00:44:088 (4) - This slider should start on 00:43:974 to match the vocals.
01:10:745 (4) - This would sound better on 01:10:717.
01:22:487 (1,2,3) - Rearrange this pattern, this is way too confusing.

[Insane]
00:33:003 (5) - Move this to the white tick up ahead. Matches the vocals better.
01:11:517 (1) - I am not agreeing with this slider.

The rest is fine I guess, Starred~
kuro_sk
-------------------------
Hitoshirenu Shourai
(General)
01:01:737 (Storyboard) - Questionable content. I'm not complaining, but children might. Well actually, I am complaining, that's a bit distracting. Hilarious, but distracting nonetheless. XD;;

(Easy)
00:42:709 (5) - Looks better if you move it 4 up on the current grid.
01:28:140 (1) - I suggest having the spinner start on the actual "hoo" instead of a little before it (1/2 note later than the current position. New position: 01:28:309).

(Normal)
01:28:052 (1) - As with Easy, I suggest having it start at 01:28:309 instead.

(Hard)
00:44:080 (4) - Move this 1/4 back on the timeline (New Position: 00:43:995). Adjust placement accordingly.
01:28:052 (1) - Again, I suggest having it start at 01:28:309 instead.

(Lunatic)
01:28:052 (1) - Yeah, I still think 01:28:309 works better. >_>

Nice map. Love the storyboard. ^^
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

(General)
01:01:737 (Storyboard) - Questionable content. I'm not complaining, but children might. Well actually, I am complaining, that's a bit distracting. Hilarious, but distracting nonetheless. XD;;

(Easy)
00:42:709 (5) - Looks better if you move it 4 up on the current grid.
01:28:140 (1) - I suggest having the spinner start on the actual "hoo" instead of a little before it (1/2 note later than the current position. New position: 01:28:309).

(Normal)
01:28:052 (1) - As with Easy, I suggest having it start at 01:28:309 instead.

(Hard)
00:44:080 (4) - Move this 1/4 back on the timeline (New Position: 00:43:995). Adjust placement accordingly.
01:28:052 (1) - Again, I suggest having it start at 01:28:309 instead.

(Lunatic)
01:28:052 (1) - Yeah, I still think 01:28:309 works better. >_>

Nice map. Love the storyboard. ^^
Thanks for the mod! :D As for the questionable content, I'm pretty sure any younger audiences won't even understand the storyboard. I worked pretty hard on it, so it probably deserves to be a bit distracting :3

For your mod, I moved the spinners at the ends of each difficulty. However, that was all. For what you suggested in Easy, it's only an aesthetic suggestion, and also, the slider is currently supposed to be perfectly encircling a slight portion of that side of the slider (see approach circle of next note lines up with slider). And for the one on hard, I'll agree that your suggestion goes with the lyrics, but it's just as intuitive in its current position, and if I move it, I'll have to readjust the entire curve, and all the slider ticks will sound off.

I hope you don't mind those two things ^~^; the rest of the map appears to be good?
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Sorry for taking so long on the recheck. All looks well. Have your bubble. ^^
Zelos
Its about time this thing got bubbled.
Your message is too short.
Your message is too short.
abalee
Hmm... try to change the framedelay of "montha-" to 170 and "montha-" to 85. that seems better(the origin looks a bit rapid).
and how about use instant fade in "montha-" like
 F,0,3717,,1
F,0,3760,,0
F,0,3845,,1
F,0,4917,,0
F,0,5003,,1
F,0,7060,,0
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

abalee wrote:

Hmm... try to change the framedelay of "montha-" to 170 and "montha-" to 85. that seems better(the origin looks a bit rapid).
and how about use instant fade in "montha-" like
 F,0,3717,,1
F,0,3760,,0
F,0,3845,,1
F,0,4917,,0
F,0,5003,,1
F,0,7060,,0
It looks really fast, but if you look at the source video (link in map description), her mouth moves that fast too. I fixed the second one a little bit, and I made the instant fade ins though.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Re-bubbled.

Also, I would just like to say something: Dirigible. That is all. =3
Gens
General
  1. Also, the text file... well, I'd really vote for removing that out since no one's supposed to be dwelling around there. osz2 is looking at you. It's about something really minor, so there shouldn't be any problems with leaving it in the thread only.
  2. The mapping is okay... it could be better, but you're getting there. Have you ever tried pattern-based mapping~?


Timing
  1. Has anyone checked timing? I'm not completely sure, but I'm getting +7ms from what you have. Current one sounds a bit early.


Skin
  1. The spinner is a bit distracting. I have difficulty telling where the approach circle is, reading what the words that pop up say, etc. I'm aware it's fully readable while being static, but as a quick glampse (much like when a spinner pops up and goes), it is kind of a problem. Perhaps you could look into that.


Storyboard
  1. The SB image... I understand why you don't want to resize it lower, but, you see, it just can't be that large. It isn't a guideline, it's a rule. Sorry. You could, I don't know, perhaps have the zoomed in part in a separate image and use that for when it's fullscreen.


[Easy] & [Normal]
  1. Oh you. You used the test build, didn't you?!

    osu!test, when writing Easy and Normal's metadata, wrote:

    [Metadata]
    Title:Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (Short ver.)
    TitleUnicode:
    Artist:IOSYS
    ArtistUnicode:
    Creator:Kitsunemimi
    Version:Easy
    Source:Touhou
    Tags:ARM monotone sound sepher Path Apotropaic God Dark Road Side Fate Hina
    BeatmapID:112405
    BeatmapSetID:13038
    ...I am not exactly sure if it's going to be a problem (feel free to prove me wrong), but it'd be much better if you resaved these .osu files for this public build.


[Lunatic]
  1. The slider on Lunatic... I honestly had no idea where to go. The color between the edges didn't make enough contrast; it blends too much, if you get what I mean. I'm not exactly sure if it's rankable, but I'm against it.


~ ~ ~

Goddamit IOSYS stop doing these songs they're so catchy and I don't want to join the weeaboo tide aaah.
Wow, I didn't expect to get this much. It should all be somewhat straight forward though, I hope.

EDIT: Wow, I hadn't popped it, what the hell.
Love
T_T why you grave D:
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Sorry ;_; suuuuper busy with school, CtBWC, other crap, BF3, etc.

And I suck at getting maps ranked so no motivation orz. If people can help me get BAT attention then that would be awesome, but that's impossible so ._.
Gens
Everything looks so much better this time! There's just two things though:

  1. There are exactly three unsnapped objects on Lunatic. Make sure to fix them~
  2. At Lunatic, exactly at 00:23:517 everything's supposed to be snapped at 1/3 yet there's some stuff in red ticks. Mistake?


I am still somewhat doubtful about timing, but every offset I get has been a little late, so it might be just me.

That should be all. Call me back and I'll give you your bubble back~
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Gens wrote:

There are exactly three unsnapped objects on Lunatic. Make sure to fix them~
Fixed~

Gens wrote:

At Lunatic, exactly at 00:23:517 everything's supposed to be snapped at 1/3 yet there's some stuff in red ticks. Mistake?
Errr, they look like they're snapped to 1/3 to me o3o. If you're talking about 00:34:488 (1-6), then those are like that because of how the song is sung. I wasn't really sure of whether to stick with 1/3rds or not, but I they're only sliders, so I stuck with accuracy of the vocals.

Gens wrote:

I am still somewhat doubtful about timing, but every offset I get has been a little late, so it might be just me.
I pushed the timing back by 7ms.

And thanks for the post, it really relieves me to see this ^-^. There are times when I think my maps won't ever make it.
Mismagius
gogogogo <3
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
I love the spinner <3
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply