forum

IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (Short ver.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January-02-12 at 6:44:53 PM

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (Short ver.)
Source: Touhou
Tags: ARM monotone sound sepher Path Apotropaic God Dark Road Side Fate Hina
BPM: 175
Filesize: 9156kb
Play Time: 01:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.15 stars, 75 notes)
  2. Normal (4.32 stars, 103 notes)
  3. Hard (4.84 stars, 161 notes)
  4. Lunatic (5 stars, 276 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (Short ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Spin, spin, spin!!

The storyboard and skin are finished!! If you're bothered by the clockwise-spinning spinner circle, you can find out how to change it down there in this thread! The original video (with subs), can be found here!

Mapping was finished in 4 days!! Skin and storyboard took much longer! All storyboard elements have been created with vector paths; spinner, lighting, and fruit catcher are also vectored. Anyways, most work I've ever put into a map. Please enjoy!
YGOkid8
General
You must have an ending point for Kiai Time. Set one.

Easy

Combo Mod~
There was a number of them, so I send to you instead:
Download: IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (short ver.) (Harris73) [Easy].osu

Normal Mod~
Keep spacing consistent. That is required for an Easy diff.

A bit Hard for an Easy... make it easier a bit.
esp. places like this is too hard for newbies:
00:45:460 (1 ~ 4)

Normal
Too hard for a Normal. Is more like a Hard. If you insist on having a Normal diff., make it easier.

Hard
With the fairly lowi-ish OD, it's hard to see when the beats are coming and stuff. Increase OD by 2.

imo, juust a little bit too hard for a Hard. Try to make it simpler, but not too much.

Lunatic
hm, I think you might be able to afford increasing the OD by 1. Do that if you want.
----------
That's my fairly small mod. I'll come back and re-mod after you fix the above things.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

YGOkid8 wrote:

General
You must have an ending point for Kiai Time. Set one.
I do have one.... And as for the ending Kiai Time, why would I need an end point for that? It's just a ballast timing point.

YGOkid8 wrote:

Easy

Combo Mod~
There was a number of them, so I send to you instead:
[attachment=0:99823]IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (short ver.) (Harris73) [Easy].osu[/attachment:99823]
Nah, I'll stick to my apparently really stupid combos because there might be too little in one combo and too many in another >.>

YGOkid8 wrote:

Normal Mod~
Keep spacing consistent. That is required for an Easy diff.

AIMod wrote:

No problems were found in this map!
Even though I had different spacing through the quiet portion of the other difficulties, this is the only one where the spacing hasn't changed!

YGOkid8 wrote:

A bit Hard for an Easy... make it easier a bit.
esp. places like this is too hard for newbies:
00:45:460 (1 ~ 4)
;_; i liek that part. But okay. As for the rest, I'm pretty sure two beats/note is easy enough.

YGOkid8 wrote:

Normal
Too hard for a Normal. Is more like a Hard. If you insist on having a Normal diff., make it easier.
Okay I understand I'm being a bit hypocritical, but [Normal] isn't really too hard anymore, despite what I put in the description. Plus, I've been noticing that recent [Normal]s have been getting harder and harder. And there aren't that many 1/2s, so that's as good as it gets.

YGOkid8 wrote:

Hard
With the fairly lowi-ish OD, it's hard to see when the beats are coming and stuff. Increase OD by 2.
If you haven't noticed, the star rating is 0.04 lower than [Lunatic], so if I increase the OD by one, it'll be harder than the other difficulty, which would be stupid.

YGOkid8 wrote:

imo, juust a little bit too hard for a Hard. Try to make it simpler, but not too much.
I personally never thought this was way too hard.

YGOkid8 wrote:

Lunatic
hm, I think you might be able to afford increasing the OD by 1. Do that if you want.
If that was so, everyone would get a ton of 100s in the streams.

YGOkid8 wrote:

That's my fairly small mod. I'll come back and re-mod after you fix the above things.
Okay, so I appreciate your efforts in modding and how you listened to what I said about the difficulty of my maps, but it wasn't very helpful. Because I know my maps are too hard. You just basically told me that. I already know this, I've already tried to ease it up a bit. What you should help me with is certain sections where it might be too hard; it doesn't help when you're way too general. Also, if the star difficulty ratings are what made you say that all of my difficulties are too hard, well it's completely inaccurate, the difficulties are mostly as hard as other maps are. So once again, thanks sfor the effort, but next time just be more specific.

Also, not reuploading yet because sb is under construction.
YGOkid8
sorry for being too general. It was a fairly rushed mod, so... yeah, explaining, here I go~
-------
Having an end point for Kiai Time at the end of a song is a rule, like the "spinners must get 2000+ bonus" rule.
With AIMod, it's still a fairly new released thing, so it won't be very accurate.
With Normals, there are Normal+s, meaning "Hard Normal/Easy Hard" thing. imo, yours is kinda like a + orz
With saying "Hard a bit too hard", I am implying that the gap between Hard and Insane isn't that big, if you get me...
No, I did not say this based on Star rating (for I know it is pretty inaccurate), I said it because that's how I feel.

With Lunatic and increasing OD by 1, it's an Insane diff., so it doesn't really matter if you're making it hard for people, cause that's what you're meant to be trying to do, as well as keeping the map fun.
-----------
I'll let you think that through first, then I'll come back, again.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YGOkid8
ehrm, sorry for being too bland ;_;
But just to get this out of the way, I don't know why Kiai Time must have an end point at the end of the song. But I DO know BATs check that. Never asked why. If it's something that needs to be followed, then I'll just blindly follow...

anyway, with all my useless crap gone now, it's time to get into a real mod... hopefully -minus combo modding. Even though I'm still not in agreement with your Combos ;_;
---------------
General
Though you can do it, it isn't recommended to have Kiai Time running through a break. Personally, I feel it's better to start Kiai on 01:22:530 (1), but it's up to you.

Easy
Fine.

Normal

Normal Mod~
00:39:974 (1) - Think you can make this more symmetrical?

Nazi Mod~
00:33:231 (1) - The angle isn't a perfect 45 degrees
01:11:517 (5) - 2 grids down (Lv3) so that when playing, it'll actually be in the middle of the playfield. Though if you move this, you may want to move other beats to align it. (<-- This is a Nazi, so it's not a VERY big deal)

Hard
Fine.

Lunatic

Normal Mod~
Wondering if you could have some of your streams in a "~" shape?
eg. for 01:08:088 (5 ~ 11) maybe?
--------------
that's it for now. Star ~ ☆
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

YGOkid8 wrote:

ehrm, sorry for being too bland ;_;
But just to get this out of the way, I don't know why Kiai Time must have an end point at the end of the song. But I DO know BATs check that. Never asked why. If it's something that needs to be followed, then I'll just blindly follow...

anyway, with all my useless crap gone now, it's time to get into a real mod... hopefully -minus combo modding. Even though I'm still not in agreement with your Combos ;_;
Heh, Yeah I figure I should stop being so difficult >ω<

YGOkid8 wrote:

General
Though you can do it, it isn't recommended to have Kiai Time running through a break. Personally, I feel it's better to start Kiai on 01:22:530 (1), but it's up to you.
Yeah, that Kiai was taken from [Lunatic] and I was too lazy to get rid of it.

YGOkid8 wrote:

Easy
Fine.
:)

YGOkid8 wrote:

Normal

Normal Mod~
00:39:974 (1) - Think you can make this more symmetrical?
Okay.... Although it still looks off to me. <.<

YGOkid8 wrote:

Nazi Mod~
00:33:231 (1) - The angle isn't a perfect 45 degrees I never intended it to be, but okay.
01:11:517 (5) - 2 grids down (Lv3) so that when playing, it'll actually be in the middle of the playfield. Though if you move this, you may want to move other beats to align it. (<-- This is a Nazi, so it's not a VERY big deal) Ah yes, this is something I consider "stack displacement", and I used it a bit in two of my other maps. I didn't move the other notes though because they aren't stacked, so I think it's okay.

Lunatic

Normal Mod~
Wondering if you could have some of your streams in a "~" shape?
eg. for 01:08:088 (5 ~ 11) maybe?
Sorta looks awkward now. I'll change it back if it really doesn't fit. Also, I didn't do any other of these streams.

YGOkid8 wrote:

that's it for now. Star ~ ☆
Thanks very much for this mod (actually very useful). Apparently I listened to each one of the points above. I don't know why, but I guess I'm just more used more straightforward mods. Thanks! ^_^
Zerostarry
Revived
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Thanks for reviving :3

Awww man, the batch file has been removed. But this post is still here, and the spinner circles are still there for people to use, so I might as well keep everything (except the batch file) the way it is.

Anyways, you people may have realized that the ugly looking spinner circle has her ribbons trailing around her in a certain direction. Well, by default they are oriented for clockwise spinning (direction of Auto), but if you're like me, and you spin counter-clockwise, you can actually change that by nabbing the corresponding spinner circle here and renaming it.

Just follow these steps, and it should work right.

Download the image you want, then move it to the song directory.
SPOILER
Counter-Clockwise:

Clockwise:

Note that the file hoster I used had renamed the files, so they technically won't work unless you rename them to spinner-circle.png. At that stage, you can rename or move or delete the old spinner, and then move in the new spinner into the song directory. After you've renamed it (to spinner-circle.png), it should work fine in game, so I hope this hasn't been too much of a hassle. Have fun~
Haneii
<3 the SB. lolz at the boob folder XD

~ Easy ~
00:56:431 (1) – overlaps like this might be confusing for someone playing an easy.

~ Hard ~
OD +1
01:10:488- add a note here?

~ Lunatic ~
AR +1
OD +2

~Twinkle twinkle little star ~
l3lueskyiiz
lovely spinner lol
Reiji-RJ
Hi~

[Easy]

00:48:888 (2) - separate them
00:57:460 (2) - ^
01:11:517 (1) - spacing
01:26:603 (1) - overturn it

[Normal]

00:14:431 (x) - add a note?
00:17:174 (5) - extend slider to this
00:40:574 (2) - very hard to read, remove this
00:41:945 (5) - ^
00:43:317 (8) - ^
00:56:431 (1) - spacing
01:05:003 (2) - separate them
01:05:688 (4) - ^
01:10:831 (4) - spacing
01:11:517 (5) - ^
01:22:488 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think it's hard for normal
01:24:203 (2) - separate them
01:24:888 (4) - ^
01:27:288 (1) - spacing
01:28:060 (1) - move to 01:28:145

[Hard]

01:11:603 (1) - move to 01:11:688
01:26:174 (1,2,3) - why on blue ticks?
01:28:060 (1) - move to 01:28:145

[Lunatic]

00:20:345 (3,4,5) - why on blue ticks?
00:23:688 (2,4,6,8,10,12) - they are not snapped
00:29:860 - ^
And then and then and then... Snap all notes in the map?
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
most nazi mod
But thanks for the effort anyways. Something I thought I'd point out because it really disgusted me:...

Reiji-RJ wrote:

[Lunatic]

00:20:345 (3,4,5) - why on blue ticks? Because they go with the beat
00:23:688 (2,4,6,8,10,12) - they are not snapped Those are called 1/3 beat notes. Nothing is unsnapped. Even spacing errors from AIMod were reduced to a minimum.
So yeah... Thanks for modding though, I wanna get this map ranked soon!! >_<
Reiji-RJ

Kitsunemimi wrote:

most nazi mod
But thanks for the effort anyways. Something I thought I'd point out because it really disgusted me:...

Reiji-RJ wrote:

[Lunatic]

00:20:345 (3,4,5) - why on blue ticks? Because they go with the beat
00:23:688 (2,4,6,8,10,12) - they are not snapped Those are called 1/3 beat notes. Nothing is unsnapped. Even spacing errors from AIMod were reduced to a minimum.
So yeah... Thanks for modding though, I wanna get this map ranked soon!! >_<
Eeh... Sorry :(
Good luck!
_lolipop
くくるくるくるくるくる ~~

nice map~

something about the SB:
rename the .osb file to "IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (short ver.) (Kitsunemimi).osb" and submit fully,
or players would not see the SB.

star~
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

_lolipop wrote:

くくるくるくるくるくる ~~

nice map~

something about the SB:
rename the .osb file to "IOSYS - Hinarin's Relation of Misfortune (short ver.) (Kitsunemimi).osb" and submit fully,
or players would not see the SB.

star~
Thanks, I always thought the .osb updated in standard submission. I'm glad you think it's nice!
nimi
Hi ^.^

General
The map is pretty good. But I guess all the diffs are too hard for what they were supposed to be. For example, when I looked at this hard I was thinking omg, if this is hard how lunatic is gonna be.

Easy
Well done, didn't find any problems here. ^^

Normal

00:14:431 (x) - add a note here
00:16:660 (5) - add one repeat to this slider
00:56:431 (1) - wut this spacing >.< maybe place this slider in some place like this http://puu.sh/tQM

Hard and Lunatic
Couldn't find anything wrong.

Starr'd
ouranhshc
Lunatic
00:51:374 (x) - add a note here?
00:52:574 (x) - add a note here?
00:56:003 (x) - ^
00:56:860 (5) - ^
01:23:859 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - I CAN"T SEE THE NOTES

Hard
00:53:688 (1,2) - dat overlap

Normal
00:56:774 (4) - can't see it

umm, what is this:

Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Mitchrev21
Pretty much lots of awesomeness going on here. Star because i like and it looks good!
show more