forum

is the person above you ok?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sametdze
well, are they ok? you be the judge. i mean ok as in functioning completely normal, not having any bad thoughts, just being a regular member of society.
Topic Starter
sametdze
bump, almost drowned this one
Farfocele
ye
Achromalia
a mesmerizingly terrifying prompt...

that prompt requires an entire page of disambiguation:
+ "functioning" (how? what dimension of abilities/functions is this supposed to signify? which kinds of characteristics?)
+ "regular" (by averages? by being exemplary of a baseline standard?)
+ "member [of]" "society" (which societal basis? which threshold of membership, such that someone can be considered part of a society to be determined as regular/normal?)

whether to conceive of that as a singular archetype, or a vast array of averages that you can supposedly quantify on account of some intuitive idea of common enough characteristics or baseline (according to who? to what degree? defined and contextualized by what?) principles (is that necessarily held as a principle, or is it a colloquial relationship to guidelines/rules/morals/ethics respective to each person)

+ "bad thoughts" (which? bad according to who? morally accountable to who, ethically accountable to who?)
+ the premise that "having any bad thoughts" necessarily disqualifies social normality/functionality/regularity (which thoughts, qualified depending on what? does having each respective thought disqualify you, does enacting a particular few among them disqualify you?)

any answer i have for this feels genuinely so meaningless because of this ambiguity... and it's my own fault that i'm so relentless desperate for semantic precision because i can't seem to accept/interpret colloquially intuitive definitions from people who don't need to say so much to convey what they mean to others who already get it

i don't really know what that means to me;;

maybe? you do seem strikingly "normal" according to something i'm not aware of, but it seems largely influenced by me not knowing how to evaluate people-- i also very easily forget who people are, not as in their identity but rather their characteristics and perspectives and interests. everyone is kind of alien and strange and fascinating, and the "normal" and "boring" people are not exempt

maybe you're ok?? you don't exactly seem Not Okay, so you're ok enough

oh... i took too long;; lmfao that's pretty fair though

ot: you're probably ok :>
replcu
hmmmm... yeah i guess
Achromalia
probably, yeah
Farfocele
I think they'll be fine.
lostsilver
yeah, theyre good
im their therapist! (/j)
Achromalia
an entirely ok person imo (incredibly/unusually high eusociality, relative to most ot/fg users)
reffty_gag
this woman need a therapist
Achromalia
i thinkkk they're ok, they're always a well-adjusted and fun person in my experience ^-^
reffty_gag

reffty_gag wrote:

this woman need a therapist
BluePyTheWDeer_
No
Nanofranne
Can't tell
Farfocele
Yup.
burgernfat
sure
Topic Starter
sametdze
yeah
Verdon
yep
reffty_gag
ok
replcu
ok
reffty_gag
k
sadave
no
Farfocele
i think they are ok
Nanofranne
Most of the time
reffty_gag
k
Topic Starter
sametdze
yeah
Farfocele
ye
Jangsoodlor
hao
lostsilver
not at all
Farfocele
most of the time.
reffty_gag
i think so
Farfocele
yes
reffty_gag
nope
Topic Starter
sametdze
maybe
Achromalia
sametdze: "i fucking love [...] /j" (circa day 16 of june in the common-era year 2024)

hmm

maybe :>
reffty_gag
Now she's ok, i was her therapist
Farfocele
yes
reffty_gag
ok
Farfocele
yes
Topic Starter
sametdze