forum

OT! The Album [An OT! Project]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B0ii
After a while...
After nothing from the stupid emoticon thing...
He got an idea; a vision...
For a project: one so grand he didn't even know if it was possible...
Many others before him have already thought of it...
But nobody never actually intended on actually doing it...
But now... he shall now present...

OT! THE ALBUM (OT!TA)
So... what the hell is OT!TA?
Basically, it's pretty self-explanatory: a project where OT users make and submit songs to have them be part of an album. And anybody can join regardless of their music making skill level! Just try your best to make it sound good please thanks.

Rules
- Have a program to make the music, free or paid (Audacity, GarageBand, Cakewalk, LMMS, Ableton Live, FL Studio, LITERALLY ANYTHING!!)
- Have your song's length be at least 30 seconds
- You are allowed to submit remixes of songs (as long as they are able to take the original song in a different direction)
- Joke songs are allowed, but they must either be actually funny, or sound good enough
- Export your song in both .mp3 and .wav format (.mp3 for osu!/forums, .wav for actually listening to it)
- Have a title for your song (nothing too inappropriate tho)
- You can submit multiple songs
> You also may post sneak peeks of your song(s) in this thread, but please don't post the actual thing, as it ruins the surprise <
FOR DURING THE SONG SUBMITTING PHASE, AND ONLY THE SONG SUBMITTING PHASE: Send me the files for your songs through either osu DMs, or Discord DMs

Planned Schedule [DD/MM]
29/3 - 5/4: Registrations/Early Song Making
5/4 - 29/4: Song Making
29/4 - 6/5: Submitting
YyottaCat
Nice.
Ymir
I was here
roufou
I would consider joining (could maybe even make multiple songs if I manage to)
Though I'm a bit unsure what is the best idea for scheduling, I suppose your one month duration isn't too hard to work with, but some artists may be surprisingly busy (I don't know if I'd be super able to prioritize effort into this or not)

Basically I'm not sure what would be the best way for getting people to submit stuff in a decent time, whilst also making sure we get a decent amount for an album.

Also I would probably recommend sticking to the same file format for all songs (maybe have both wav and mp3?)

Also also, I guess it's worth mentioning/asking whether using pseudonyms is okay.
sametdze
/in
Topic Starter
B0ii

roufou wrote:

I would consider joining (could maybe even make multiple songs if I manage to)
Though I'm a bit unsure what is the best idea for scheduling, I suppose your one month duration isn't too hard to work with, but some artists may be surprisingly busy (I don't know if I'd be super able to prioritize effort into this or not)

Basically I'm not sure what would be the best way for getting people to submit stuff in a decent time, whilst also making sure we get a decent amount for an album.

Also I would probably recommend sticking to the same file format for all songs (maybe have both wav and mp3?)

Also also, I guess it's worth mentioning/asking whether using pseudonyms is okay.
1: I understand that some people do have a lot of things going on in their lives, but my main concern is having the schedule go by at a reasonable pace. Because I don't want it to go by too fast, but also I don't want it to be too slow.

2: Understandable

3: Yes
Asian Warlord
Its ya gen 8 boy Asian Warlord and I'm back for round two this year.

Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop Poop-di-scoopty Scoopty-whoop Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop Poop, poop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-diddy-scoop Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

I did stuff.

I will achieve absolutely nothing but what did you really expect from an OT president.

Everybody wanted to know what I would do if I didn't win.

Ymir

Asian Warlord wrote:

Its ya gen 8 boy Asian Warlord and I'm back for round two this year.

Poopy-di scoop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop Poop-di-scoopty Scoopty-whoop Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop Poop, poop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-diddy-scoop Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

I did stuff.

I will achieve absolutely nothing but what did you really expect from an OT president.

Everybody wanted to know what I would do if I didn't win.

Literally you

keremaru
whatj

OK then, sounds cool.
/in

Is there a theme or anything, or are we just gonna make whatever? (In which case, I'm going to make full use of my Vocaloid 4 and make a breakcore track featuring Marco's favorite vocal preset.)
ClevelandsMyBro
/in i guess
Topic Starter
B0ii

keremaru wrote:

whatj

OK then, sounds cool.
/in

Is there a theme or anything, or are we just gonna make whatever? (In which case, I'm going to make full use of my Vocaloid 4 and make a breakcore track featuring Marco's favorite vocal preset.)
uh there really isn't a theme so uh go fucking crazy
her everything
Helooooo im immediately /in
Asian Warlord
/in
z0z
gonna watch y'all

good luck
[ Rynn ]
maybe i'll go learn how to use bandlab first i have no experience in making songs 💀
Corne2Plum3
Would be good if we have Off-Topic samples to do an OT remix
sametdze
this counts as a resume right?
community/forums/topics/1849462?n=1
Rhythm32
Seems quite a cool and neat idea. Sadly, I don't actually make music. But I can review them.
MrMcMikey22
/in

I don't know what kind of standards it should be accomplished for composing music though...

Also does BoscaCeoil and Beepbox count?

You can technically make music out of it.
lostsilver
ill let ya'll use the little drum beat i made!

lostsilver wrote:

lil drum beat i did

if the audio doesn't work, here's another link to it!
https://sndup.net/z6tx/

feel free to use this in your song! credit is not needed, unless you want to credit me for the drum beat!
here ya go <3
show more