forum

Mania 4k, 7k orb skin problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arevalos127
I modified this skin a couple of years ago and never really figured out how to fix these problems:

There are horizontal lines between the long notes and the "caps" (they're more noticeable while playing)

And these squished orbs in 7k.

Please help me fix these issues, thank you!
Dreamer_420
bump
JustABeginner
Hi!

Perhaps the orb notes used in 7K has a different size compared to 4K.
Try checking your skin.ini - find it in your skin folder, and see what type of mania note is using. Find where it says NoteImage in 7K mania section.
Once you located it, do the same for 4K and make all images used in those particular 7K section the same canvas size as the 4K ones.
Topic Starter
Arevalos127

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi!

Perhaps the orb notes used in 7K has a different size compared to 4K.
Try checking your skin.ini - find it in your skin folder, and see what type of mania note is using. Find where it says NoteImage in 7K mania section.
Once you located it, do the same for 4K and make all images used in those particular 7K section the same canvas size as the 4K ones.
Hi thanks for responding
Both 4k and 7k are using the same images, which is weird because the key orbs are fine but the notes are the ones that are distorted in 7k.

Idk if it has something to do with the key orb images and note orb images having dimensions different from each other.
The key orb images are 100x162 and the note orb images are 132x108
JustABeginner
It depends.
It may have to do with the key orb by checking the ColumnWidth for both 4K and 7K to see if they are the same?

And no, the size of key orb doesn't have to be the same as the note orb.

If by chance may we take a look at the skin mentioned?
Corne2Plum3
Those notes remind me something lol

Try to put under the [Mania] sections with Keys:7 those values:
ColumnWidth: 45,45,45,45,45,45,45
ColumnLineWidth: 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,0

Seems like the notes and the key notes are from the skin called -Night05-. If you didn't changed the size of the "key orb" images it should work fine.
Topic Starter
Arevalos127

JustABeginner wrote:

It depends.
It may have to do with the key orb by checking the ColumnWidth for both 4K and 7K to see if they are the same?

And no, the size of key orb doesn't have to be the same as the note orb.

If by chance may we take a look at the skin mentioned?
Changing the columnwidth and columnlinewidth seemed to have worked, thank you!

Any idea how to fix the first pic's problem?

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Those notes remind me something lol

Try to put under the [Mania] sections with Keys:7 those values:
ColumnWidth: 45,45,45,45,45,45,45
ColumnLineWidth: 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,0

Seems like the notes and the key notes are from the skin called -Night05-. If you didn't changed the size of the "key orb" images it should work fine.
Yes they are, I love your skin btw!

It worked, thank you!

Any idea how I can get rid of the lines in the long notes?
JustABeginner

Arevalos127 wrote:

Any idea how I can get rid of the lines in the long notes?
Try cutting/cropping the blank canvas below in the mania-note#T or any images that used for the long note end on that particular keymode/mania skins.