forum

[BATCH 3 RELEASED] The OT!Library

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Patatitta
What is this thread?

The OT!Library is a collection of books and short stories that all take place in the same universe. These stories are made by OT users for OT users. To keep the thread alive chapters will be released on saturday, regardless of when they were submitted

this is the spiritual successor of the ot!book

The index

Manishh book (1 Chapter so far)
Corne2Plum3 book (2 chapter so far)
Nominomu's book (1 chapter so far)

How to participate

First, you need to read this chapter which explains the world (this has not been written yet but I want to leave this thread cool and prepared for whenever it is), and it would also be helpful if you read the stories made by other people. After that, you just need to write your own story and then submit it to any editor. This chapter will be reviewed and improved, and after that, it will be published.

Rules for writing/advice
-ANYONE can participate, regardless if they're a denizen or not

-Forum rules still apply to the book (So keep the sexual content to a minimum)

-Don't create characters that are god-like in power. Characters like this can be very disruptive to the story and mess up other people's plot.

-You mustn't include characters that are part of other pre-established franchises (No crossovers allowed). Only exceptions are OT!book 1 characters, which can be introduced as long as it's a fresh new story. The OT!Book 1 is not canon here and references to it should be avoided.

-Chapters have a minimum length of 600 words (1/2 pages). Let's avoid flooding the thread with a lot of very short chapters.

-No AI.

-Collaborating with other people to make a chapter IS allowed.

-If you use a character that someone else created, or interfere in someone's story, and you didn't ask the original creator previously, during the editing process we will ask the original creator to see if they're OK with this.

-If for some reason you want to change a chapter that is already published, tell us.

-Chronology should be indicated. At the start of each chapter, please include a date so that other writers know if this is happening at the same time as someone else's story.

-Your chapter doesn't need to be plain text. Feel free to use any tools that you may have.

These rules maybe subject to change

Chapter template

(I asked corne for a gif)

Contributors

Editors
-Patatitta
-DM FOR MUTUAL
-Corne2Plum3
-Karmine

If you want to become an editor, say it in this thread or DM patatitta.

(Also, in case this is not clear, you can be BOTH a writer and an editor)

contributor discord

let's write cool stuff!

Corne2Plum3
Pinned this and unpinned the previous one
Dementedduck
only stuff ive wrote is a couple short stories for some competitions/exams so i ainttt gonna be able to write ot book stuff sadge

hope it stays kinda alive tho maybe, still havent been bothered reading or even looking at the 1st thread
Karmine

Dementedduck wrote:

only stuff ive wrote is a couple short stories for some competitions/exams so i ainttt gonna be able to write ot book stuff sadge

hope it stays kinda alive tho maybe, still havent been bothered reading or even looking at the 1st thread
You can still try writing stuff, I'm not really good either and never finished stuff I started writing outside of school but I'm gonna try doing at least one short story.
Kobold84

Patatitta wrote:

WE'RE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR WRITERS WHO ARE WILLING TO ASSIST WITH THE WORLD-BUILDING PROCESS, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SAY SO
What do you mean by worldbuilding exactly? Pure worldbuilding or stories with the worldbuild foundation?
Manishh
Sure I will be a writer if not many participate.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Kobold84 wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

WE'RE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR WRITERS WHO ARE WILLING TO ASSIST WITH THE WORLD-BUILDING PROCESS, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SAY SO
What do you mean by worldbuilding exactly? Pure worldbuilding or stories with the worldbuild foundation?
pure worldbuilding, just, creating a few locations, maybe species if you guys want to add furries into this, setting boundaries of what you can and you cant do in the story, just a general base
B0ii

Manishh wrote:

Sure I will be a writer if not many participate.
me too ngl
Manishh
I will actually put effort into my character story this time lmao. Last time I just mixed a lot of different scenes in my brain and put it in 1 character.
keremaru
I feel bad about how the last event wound up.
I think I'll hold off on this one until the air from the OT!Book clears up.
his everything
I'M INTERESTED!!
THIS NEW ERA IS GOING TO BE GOOD
his everything
i have a few interesting questions first:

1. are we able to "kill" other characters in our story?
2. is time travel allowed as long as it's in the same universe?
3. are we able to use audio in our story? like for a noise or a music:
[audio]music.mp3[/audio]
4. can more than one person write a single story? (more than +10 for example)
5. will there be a limit to the number of characters in the universe? because if this concept stays for more than 5 years, there will be too many
6. are references to real series or video games allowed? (a little reference to an anime we like or a FPS we play)
7. is there a maximum length for the chapters? (like can we write a 20.000 words chapter without problems?)
Farfocele
hmmmmm
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

i have a few interesting questions first:

1. are we able to "kill" other characters in our story?
2. is time travel allowed as long as it's in the same universe?
3. are we able to use audio in our story? like for a noise or a music:
[audio]music.mp3[/audio]
4. can more than one person write a single story? (more than +10 for example)
5. will there be a limit to the number of characters in the universe? because if this concept stays for more than 5 years, there will be too many
6. is it possible to draw inspiration from real books?
7. is there a maximum length for the chapters? (like can we write a 20.000 words chapter without problems?)
8. are references to real series or video games allowed? (a little reference to an anime we like or a FPS we play)

1- yes, however, if that character was made by someone else and is an active part of someone else's story, either you get confirmation from them before you submit the chapter or we will ask the author for confirmation, if the original creator wants the character to still be alive, it wont happen. This happens for anything that involves other people
2- probably not, have not been decided (join the worldbuilding process to help decide this!) but I don't trust any of you on writing a good time travel story LMAO
3- yes
4- yes
5- No, however, unlike the OT book, you dont need to create a brand new OC to write a story. + If we keep finishing the stories, the character number wont be a problem
6- Of course it is, if anything it shouldn't be allowed to NOT take inspiration from real books or other pieces of media. Taking inspration on good books will probably make your writing better
7- No maximum length, honestly the longer, the better. There is a minimum of 800 words
8- References of all type are allowed with the exception of the OT!book. As it's not canon in this universe
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Awwww a minimum of 800 words?

I don't think I can achieve that, can I?
it's literally 2 pages of text. You dont even have a time limit, you can achieve that and A LOT more
his everything

Patatitta wrote:

2- probably not, have not been decided (join the worldbuilding process to help decide this!) but I don't trust any of you on writing a good time travel story LMAO
I CAN WRITE A GOOD TIME TRAVEL STORY, DON'T WORRY HEHEHE
(also imma join in right now)
MrMcMikey22
Hmmmm.. a minimum of 800 words sounds a bit much for me...

But wait I just saw the word count of my newest ot chapter and it reached at around over 900 words...
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

But wait I just saw the word count of my newest ot chapter and it reached at around over 900 words...
see?, 2 pages really isn't long at all, and again, if you want to make a weekly chapter (chapters will only be released in saturday to make things cooler), you have a whole week to write 2 pages
MrMcMikey22

Patatitta wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

see?, 2 pages really isn't long at all, and again, if you want to make a weekly chapter (chapters will only be released in saturday to make things cooler), you have a whole week to write 2 pages
okay that sounds really cool! :3
B0ii
I think one of the reasons why just wrote a single chapter and then called it quits on the ot!book is because I didn't know how to progress the story naturally without somehow fucking up the continuity of the story, or how to incorporate other people's characters correctly.

hopefully this new project will help with that
show more