Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

posted
Total Posts
751
show more
Foxi
Thanks to this thread I fought a bear... and won.
But seriously, thanks.
Insyni
I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
repr1se

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
FCing takes skill. Getting SS is luck. Skill will get you to a 98% or 99% FC.

With that said, my aim sucks. I still manage to miss on 4.0 star maps. Kek
Insyni

Repr1se wrote:

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
FCing takes skill. Getting SS is luck. Skill will get you to a 98% or 99% FC.

With that said, my aim sucks. I still manage to miss on 4.0 star maps. Kek
I mean the aim is luck it seems. Always seems there is one random miss or one random slider break that ruins the FC even though you've gotten 99% on the song 15 times already. Then after you finally FC it you can't FC it again.
repr1se

Insyni wrote:

I mean the aim is luck it seems. Always seems there is one random miss or one random slider break that ruins the FC even though you've gotten 99% on the song 15 times already. Then after you finally FC it you can't FC it again.
The infamous 1xmiss. The notorious sliderbreak. I can relate completely.

Thelewa posted it somewhere, and I can't find the thread, but he wrote that the misses are because of a lack of focus. In hindsight, almost all of my 1xmiss/sliderbreaks were because I started spacing out, or thinking about something else.
Insyni

Repr1se wrote:

The infamous 1xmiss. The notorious sliderbreak. I can relate completely.

Thelewa posted it somewhere, and I can't find the thread, but he wrote that the misses are because of a lack of focus. In hindsight, almost all of my 1xmiss/sliderbreaks were because I started spacing out, or thinking about something else.
That explains it... slower songs are so boring sometimes even if they are considered "at skill level".
Mahogany

Repr1se wrote:

Insyni wrote:

I'm at the point where I think FCing is just luck... but at the same time I realize it is a skill game and somehow people can FC songs consistently.
Getting SS is luck.
I disagree
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Repr1se wrote:

Getting SS is luck.
I disagree
Right. Getting SS might feel like luck because of the extreme amount of focus it takes, especially on more difficult maps. The second you lose focus or space out and pray for Obama to finish the map for you is the second you start getting 100s or misses.

Getting FC might also feel like luck for similar reasons. When you get a "shitmiss", watch your replay in slow-motion. You'll see what's making you miss (I find I usually reach the circle but don't click).
Yuudachi-kun
I think being able to get 1x100 or 2x100 on a hard map (Not those easies normals and hards like you play, Baru), is skill, but being able to go the entire map without a single 100 is luck.
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

(Not those easies normals and hards like you play, Baru)
Those aren't the only maps I go for/get SS on.

Kheldragar wrote:

I think being able to get 1x100 or 2x100 on a hard map is skill
Yes.

Kheldragar wrote:

being able to go the entire map without a single 100 is luck.
It's still skill, but you happened to have a play where you maintained maximum focus the entire map. True luck would be something chance-based (such as your accuracy on a note being determined by RNG every time you hit one).
Yuudachi-kun
And if you only get plays where you maintain maximum focus one out of every 50 tries, is that not chance?
Mahogany
Only if you consider FCing stuff to be based on chance too

SS-ing depends on the map greatly. Some I'd consider luck to SS, some are easily attainable by a skilled and dedicated player.
OzenIce

thelewa wrote:

I just read all of this and surprisingly everything is true
Celestielle
About Snapping, could someone who knows the difference watch this replay or spectate me? I often get told my snapping is good, but when i read this i cant say certain if what im doing is half assed snapping or real snapping.
yk_

Celestielle wrote:

About Snapping, could someone who knows the difference watch this replay or spectate me? I often get told my snapping is good, but when i read this i cant say certain if what im doing is half assed snapping or real snapping.
I think the way you snap is fine.
otoed1
The hard part about all of this is realizing your bad. I've reached my rank and could probably reach 8k off of my aim alone, but i cant stream for jack and have awful accuracy most of the time.
MISTER-G
This may sound stupid, but is it really that important to snap? If so, then is it possible to get used to snapping just by playing maps that I feel are hardly reachable for me? cuz I think when I'm playing a slow map, I won't snap at all where as playing a faster map I am forced to kinda snap.
Barusamikosu

MISTER-G wrote:

This may sound stupid, but is it really that important to snap?
Only if you think it's important. Do whatever you want.
Yolshka
i would like to add that i belive if you practice correctly and efficiently snapping comes naturally at least it did for me
Deva
If you play 6-7* maps then its extremely important. Everything under that can be played by cursor dancing all the time.
And considering your rank i think that you should let it come to you naturally.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply