posted
Total Posts
show more
Jun Maeda
Now where is clannad?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

KatouMegumi wrote:

Would you play modded Minecraft modpacks?
idk I mostly analyze story driven games I don't really know what I would say about minecraft modpacks

Jun Maeda wrote:

Now where is clannad?
I have already watched clannad but if you want for me to write a paragraph about it tell me
sametdze
review bonzi's checkers

(forcing bro to download bonzibuddy mwahahahaha)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

sametdze wrote:

review bonzi's checkers

(forcing bro to download bonzibuddy mwahahahaha)
I love vinesauce joel but no
KatouMegumi
Speaking of Clannad. You should read Summer Pockets visual novel. I'd like to use you before reading it. It's all ages though.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

KatouMegumi wrote:

Speaking of Clannad. You should read Summer Pockets visual novel. I'd like to use you before reading it. It's all ages though.
will read after harmony and akira (manga)

also, added akira (anime) to the tier list in A rank
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

made a tier list, check the OP

also, I have skipped some, and there are probably some other that got requested, forgot to note and never did, or did write about but forgot to add to the finished list and didn't add them, i'm too lazy to check the entire thread rn so this is the tier list for now
interesting
(i just say interesting when i dont know what else to say)
you don't need to say anything if you dont have anything to say
oki
sametdze
i have an idea, look at all of the songs from hamitlon and review them
Corne2Plum3
Review Helluva Boss (mature content warning)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Review Helluva Boss (mature content warning)
dude it's fucking helluva boss that's like mature content if you have the perspective of a 7yo. Also I watched the pilot for hazbin and the first 2 episodes and didn't really like it, don't think I will do helluva

sametdze wrote:

I don't do songs
sametdze

Patatitta wrote:

sametdze wrote:

I don't do songs
i will do it myself after all nobody is better than the original
MrMcMikey22
*breathes*

okay

Review my Mietz webcomic.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

*breathes*

okay

Review my Mietz webcomic.
I will have to re-read it as I have forgotten half of it but sure
Reyalp51
Have you ever played danganronpa? If not you should give it a chance
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Reyalp51 wrote:

Have you ever played danganronpa? If not you should give it a chance
I fucking swear danganronpa is only and exclusvely popular on spain, I haven't played it, I will try
ninore
read one piece
Topic Starter
Patatitta

ninore wrote:

read one piece
I dropped it around the 20th volume
KatouMegumi
I want you to watch Aho Girl
Topic Starter
Patatitta

KatouMegumi wrote:

I want you to watch Aho Girl
will do
Reyalp51
btw i forgot to say trigger happy havoc is the first one
Topic Starter
Patatitta
--- rhythm doctor story mode ---

game is good, but i'm skipping it for this thread, the story mode is just some charts back to back. As I say I only review stuff with narratives and stuff, so I really cant say anything about this one

--- Mietz webcomic ---

it's so short I decided to read it before I finish everything else

Regarding the art, the first 14 chapters, the ones you did before adding color and making the text with a computer are a mess to read through, the drawings are not the most defined, so it's hard to make out the image in your brain while reading it, the text is also pretty hard to read, but thankfully, you realized thaet and you changed it

the story on itself is pretty simple, it's mainly comedy, and some of the jokes are not bad even if it doesn't have anything crazy. The problem is the story, and that is, I really doubt you have planned any of the story in advance, as it's just very messy. You just want to make jokes, and the story is an excuse to make that happen, there is no real message or thought behind it. Yet it does seem you're actively trying to still make an adventure story which doesn't really quite work. The story goes from struggling to kill a slime to falling into hell and then god appears because fuck it. I don't think the webcomic on itself is bad but I think it would be better if you tried making something that was ENTIRELY comedy first instead of also trying to make a good adventure story on top of it.

Also, what was the thought for making the demons talk german?, are they nazis?, because if they are that's very funny ngl

placed in D tier in the tier list

----

next: mario rpg I guess? (I'm not sure if I should do this one as it was requested BEFORE the game came out, but the other games are just vns and I want to do that after I have finished reading all my stuff, so I may play it still idk)
I'm finishing the third chapter of harmony (out of 4 total)
Jangsoodlor
touch this
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Jangsoodlor wrote:

touch this
I would rather kill myself than read anything that the creator of rent a girlfriend has ever done
Jangsoodlor

Patatitta wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

touch this
I would rather kill myself than read anything that the creator of rent a girlfriend has ever done
lol. maybe touch Song of the long march (manhua) instead? It's on hiatus for years now but I think the story is pretty good.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

touch this
lol. maybe touch Song of the long march (manhua) instead? It's on hiatus for years now but I think the story is pretty good.
yeah sure I can give that a shot after all the vn's that I have to read and stuff

edit: is your pfp the fucking UOHHHHHHHHH CUNNY thing put in a blue archive character? please dont get close to any public park or children
z0z

Patatitta wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

touch this
yeah sure I can give that a shot after all the vn's that I have to read and stuff

edit: is your pfp the fucking UOHHHHHHHHH CUNNY thing put in a blue archive character? please dont get close to any public park or children
yeah that's jang alright
sametdze
watch heathers (preferablly the musical but if you can't find it the movie will do just fine)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

sametdze wrote:

watch heathers (preferablly the musical but if you can't find it the movie will do just fine)
I think i'm going to watch both versions, starting with the movie. I know it's more popular and I don't want to get into a conversation about this IRL and just go like "uhhh yeah actually i've only seen the musical" since that would be kinda weird

-- Akira (manga) --

First of all, context. Akira started as a manga, however, halfway through they decided to make a movie, and to also try to make the manga popular in the west. In order for them to do this, they took the original manga, flipped it so it would be read from left to right, and colored it like it was as comic book. I didn't know that this when I started reading it and I was pretty shocked (I don't really read western comics at all, most of them are action and i'm not really that much into it)

here is a screenshot I took at the very start when I was showing this same thing to a friend

the coloring on itself is fine, it's there, it's does it job, but the actual art doesn't take full potential of the colors being based on something that was black and white

in terms of the plot, the manga is way better than the movie. It's the same story, but in the manga the concepts are explored a lot more. For example, in the movie you only hear of the source of the power of akira, in the end of the manga, they actually show you in one of the best scenes of the entire manga (which was not shown in the movie!). Stuff like how people react to the power of akira is also explored further. The manga makes the argument that since that power is so inhuman and extremely hard to understand to a regular civilian who doesn't know the inner workings, they appear as a god, therefore, a religion is formed around it.

I love those details, it's not just action and big space lasers, but they actually show the consequences and the ramifications of all the events. I feel this is the definitive version of akira

Placed akira (manga) in A tier, same as the movie

---

I only have 1 chapter left in harmony
next: hatoful boyfriend
Topic Starter
Patatitta
------ Harmony------

Liked this quite a bit more than genocial organ, mainly because it isn't as centered in militarly stuff.

The book is a science fiction novel where (simplifying a lot) society basically almost nuked itself out of existence and then some dude went like "hey what if we make sure that doesn't happen again", and created a program that you can inject into your biology to prevent those type of behaviours

that program basically prohibits anything that is dangerous for yourself or for other people, not just stuff like drugs, smoking or drinking. But stuff like watching violent films has been banned. Not only that, but everyone infomation is public to everyone at all times, so, privacy only exists for sex

The novel explores the consequences of watchme existing, there is no morally grey here IMO. WatchMe and the other thing that gets added to the story midway through are like bad, really fucking bad. If you've never really been exposed to pain, you cant develop a tolerance for it.

There is a scene in the book that I really like, this concepts gets repeated a lot of times during the book but this was the part where I really thought about it. Very early in the book, the protagonist is talking about ancient human history (so like current age), and they were talking about the act of knocking the door. How you didn't know who was behind the door. If the person behind the doors says "I am x person", they could just be lying, you have no guarantees. In their current society, due to watchme you always know who is behind the door. And they went like, "damn, how could you even open the door in the past when it could be dangerous?"

all of that is true, hearing someone knock and opening the door is dangerous. It's a fact that someone could just lie, but, how often does that really happen in real life?, while they get the facts right about the act of knocking the door, they completely miss the nuances for it. Yeah, technically speaking, no one is preventing you from going to some strangers house, claim that they're whoever and when they open the door murder them or something. Yet, that doesn't really happen IRL, mainly because there are consequences. You can do it, but we all know that you shouldn't, and even if you did, then you have stuff like the weight of the law, and even if you didn't murder that person, your reputation is important, if you lie, you will be known as a liar

The characters in this novel only know the fact, because those little elements that we take into consideration in our real life are things that they have never been exposed to.

Now, watchme is just a program, a really effective one, but it's not fullproof, you can spoof it and live without it. Not every single human person is under the influence of watchme. If someone doesn't have watchme, and someone else does have it. The person who doesn't have it can exploit the watchme person very easily. That person may have encoded that violence = bad, but that other person may not.

Society wont ever be completely objective, chaos is a part of human nature. All of this is science fiction, but you can extrapolate these ideas to stuff in our current world. We do not live in a vacuum.

Then, the book introduces the idea that the way to fix all those problems, and completely live in harmony (hence the name of the book) is to just delete that part of human nature, delete conciousness. And that is what ends up happening near the end of the book. No conciousness, everyone just follows an objective morality for the rest of time. And I don't think I have to explain why this is a bad thing

I think this is a really good book

Placed in A tier

---- hatoful boyfriend ----

I beat this game in like an hour, it's a otome game with pigeons. The game gave you the option to show human portraits but I said fuck it and played the game the way it was intended. I ended up dating a pigeon who resulted to be a ghost and they disappeared by the end. after that I was happy and I closed the game, 10/10

it's a funny meme game, they also say "nobirdie" instead of "nobody" which I think it's pretty funny. I have nothing else to say

placed in c tier because it's kinda funny

--------

next: Summer Pockets
lostsilver
hm...
maybe you can watch spirited away? (studio ghibli, u prob already know that but still)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

hm...
maybe you can watch spirited away? (studio ghibli, u prob already know that but still)
I don't have to watch it. I like studio ghibli and watched it a lot as a kid, maybe tomorrow or whatever I will write about it
MrMcMikey22
Late reply, but well it's just that the demons talk german, because of that devil that has just decided to make all the demons talk german... (It's a secret reason that will get uncovered in future episodes!!!)

Also I don't think I was trying to represent them as the n-word thing eww- >_<

I'll have to make more parts in order to make more lore about that heaven and hell thing...
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Late reply, but well it's just that the demons talk german, because of that devil that has just decided to make all the demons talk german... (It's a secret reason that will get uncovered in future episodes!!!)

I'll have to make more parts in order to make more lore about that heaven and hell thing...
nazi is not the n-word, n-word is a slur
MrMcMikey22

Patatitta wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

I know, but I don't really want to hear that word.

I have heard it way too many times. >_<
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

hm...
I don't have to watch it. I like studio ghibli and watched it a lot as a kid, maybe tomorrow or whatever I will write about it
okay!
MaxIsABigKaiju
How hasn't anybody requested Cowboy Bebop yet?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

I know, but I don't really want to hear that word.

I have heard it way too many times. >_<
I wish you luck studying in history class

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

hm...
okay!
so ok I remember almost nothing about this movie, there is this family who get lost. The parents turn into pigs, the girls goes oh fuck, just runs around, and meets someone who will help her go back to the world

the rest of the movie is mainly a very cool and nice. I remember seeing it as a child, and I really enjoyed it. It's a really good adventure movie for kid with some nice messages behind. My favourite studio ghibli movie is totoro tho

placed in b tier because I really dont remember much

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

How hasn't anybody requested Cowboy Bebop yet?
surprisingly, I have never seen cowboy bebop, will watch
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

hm...
okay!
so ok I remember almost nothing about this movie, there is this family who get lost. The parents turn into pigs, the girls goes oh fuck, just runs around, and meets someone who will help her go back to the world

the rest of the movie is mainly a very cool and nice. I remember seeing it as a child, and I really enjoyed it. It's a really good adventure movie for kid with some nice messages behind. My favourite studio ghibli movie is totoro tho

placed in b tier because I really dont remember much
noice :3
i think i should watch it again tbh
his everything
i would like you to analyze this channel

https://www.youtube.com/@alantutorial
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

i would like you to analyze this channel

https://www.youtube.com/@alantutorial
denied, wont do entire youtube channels + the videos doesn't seem like my thing + i'm pretty sure you're just posting for the sake of posting so why would I even bother lol
show more