forum

osu! Default Skin Template (2021-08-21) UPDATE (peppy pls don't kill me)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
No one asked for it, I know, but maybe it's useful, because I recently seen several persons asking for a downloadable version of the default skin, but the most recent template I could found is from 2014, so a little outdated... So why not an update, 7 years after?

What is it?

This is the just the default skin from the stable version (no target practice sprites sorry...), but 2021 version (from the 20210821 version to be exact). I tried to make the default skin but updated (the last I found was from 2014...), and complete (I added almost missing files) where skinners use it as a template to create their skin.

Most of the sprites and gameplay sounds are from ppy/osu-ressources (https://github.com/ppy/osu-resources) and the 2014 template. Sometimes I used an AI to generates the @2x versions for some missing files. For the sounds, I tried to pick them directly from the game, so sorry if it's not accurate...

Please don't kill me for making this, peppy!

Include:

1. All sprites from the 20210821 stable version, except target practice sprites and the background that supporters can change, using 2.5 skin version.
  2. 2 spinners: 2008 version and new version.
  3. The original license file, and a README.txt with a few comments about the template.
  4. The back button from the 2014 template and a (bad) recreation of the new one.

Download:

1. .osk file: MediaFire | Google Drive
Also you can also check this template from skinship which may contains some files that are missing in my template, and even unskinnable files (uploaded during May 2020): MediaFire
I discovered his existence AFTER posted this
h2m59
hey the template is cool but my slider ball is looking like this (this happened with the 2014 template too) why is it like this?https://imgur.com/a/ZONUMaK
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3

h2m59 wrote:

hey the template is cool but my slider ball is looking like this (this happened with the 2014 template too) why is it like this?https://imgur.com/a/ZONUMaK
Read the !README.txt, you have the explanation why this happens
Alpha Green Mg
From what I'm experiencing, everything is perfect! However, there is only 1 thing left which is quite different: the select-difficulty.wav file. Maybe you can recreate this?
(Please don't kill me because of this (': )
h3oCharles
y u no use dnSpy?
thatrelaxedplay
even though i am using someone elses template skin this will also help if the other one fails thanks
Gengar9nn
i skinned the spinner but it isn't working
edit: i did a thin and now it works
Aireunaeus
the back button triggers me 😡 cuz it's not animated
- cirno -

Aireunaeus wrote:

just put a -(number) for each frame
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3

Aireunaeus wrote:

It's impossible to reproduce the behavior of the back button from default skin with skinning.
Aireunaeus

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

It's impossible to reproduce the behavior of the back button from default skin with skinning.
i see