forum

Windows 11 discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DemonLord
Hey I'm posting this more as a question than a discussion, but do you guys know if windows 11 will affect osu's performance?. If possible, I would like a developer to comment on this. I want to know if I should get this update.
i don't think anyone knows
oSumAtrIX
It will not run worse for sure as osu! is built on the .NET framework which surely won't run worse on Windows 11
abraker
If the law of good-bad-good-bad cycle of windows releases holds, this is going to be the bad release

RockRoller
windows 11 only just got announced and is not available yet, there is no way of knowing. But most likely it will not affect performance
THAT_otaku
Well i mean, the minimum requirements for win11 in some aspects is literally 4 times as much as win10 min requirements, so just in general, unless u have a decent pc, things will likely run worse. 4gb ram just for the OS of your pc? Alot of lower end pcs wont be able run this very well at all, despite osu being light/easy to run.

If thats not an issue (you have good pc), even with every win10 update theres often a handful of issues with osu!s performance or compayability or whatever, upgrading to a whole new OS will likely bring some new issues to the table. Overall it probably wont decrease performance though, but anyway we'll have to wait and see
Zelzatter Zero

abraker wrote:

If the law of good-bad-good-bad cycle of windows releases holds, this is going to be the bad release

if we separate the 8.x into 8 and 8.1 (which most people found 8.1 better although inferior compared to 10) then 11 will be a good update.

That's up to the future honestly to see if Microsoft will make a revolution again just like what they did with XP and 7.
Liquicidize
I have Win11 through the Windows Insider Program.

Every other game (that I have, mostly steam games) runs fine as if I'm on Win10, except osu!. Severe fps drops are happening. Haven't tried tweaking the settings, but this is not how it runs when I was on Win10.

specifics:
Frame drops occur when moving the mouse. Playing other modes that doesn't require mouse movements like osu!mania are fine. I have no tablet so not sure how that will work.
RVMathew

Liquicidize wrote:

Every other game (that I have, mostly steam games) runs fine as if I'm on Win10, except osu!. Severe fps drops are happening. Haven't tried tweaking the settings, but this is not how it runs when I was on Win10.

specifics:
Frame drops occur when moving the mouse. Playing other modes that doesn't require mouse movements like osu!mania are fine. I have no tablet so not sure how that will work.
I also am using win 11 through insider program, but so far on osu I seem to be having the same results as if I was using windows 10, maybe slightly better.
bakaftw

Liquicidize wrote:

specifics:
i have the same problem
abraker

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

abraker wrote:

if we separate the 8.x into 8 and 8.1 (which most people found 8.1 better although inferior compared to 10) then 11 will be a good update.
Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Good, Good, Good ruins the satisfaction of there being a magical rule that can be used to predict whether the windows version is good or bad. As such, I refuse to believe winedose 11 is gonna be good.
uku

Liquicidize wrote:

specifics:
I had the same problem, but somehow fixed it. I disabled and re-enabled raw input in osu! settings, tabbed out of the game for a few minutes and when I came back to osu! the lag magically disappeared.

EDIT: After i wrote this the lag came back. sad
MousePatterns8

Cynicaly wrote:

Hey I'm posting this more as a question than a discussion, but do you guys know if windows 11 will affect osu's performance?. If possible, I would like a developer to comment on this. I want to know if I should get this update.
Windows 11 is still beta so I don't think you should worry much right now about playing osu! on it; Once again, Windows 11 is in beta so there will be many bugs and new things, thus leading me to the conclusion that it will likely experience insane drops in FPS while it's still new. Do not lose hope however, because once it's completely done and released all the way, I think that you'll be able to play osu! with only few bugs in FPS.
Toro1234
disabling game mode form windows settings fixed it for me instantly
Noname110

Cynicaly wrote:

Cynicaly wrote:

i installed win 11 beta yesterday and osu is lagging af even if it worked smoothly on win 10, i hope this get fixed
Liquicidize

Liquicidize wrote:

specifics:
Windows 11 via the Windows Insider Program (dev channel) had many updates during the past days since I've posted this.

Glad to report that osu! is now working properly on my system. I did not do any reinstallation nor modification to any settings. Not sure what update fixed it.

Weird thing is it feels like it's smoother now than ever before lol not sure if it's because I haven't played for a while or what.
Afriond

Noname110 wrote:

Cynicaly wrote:

Cynicaly wrote:

i installed win 11 beta yesterday and osu is lagging af even if it worked smoothly on win 10, i hope this get fixed
I have bin using win 11 for the past month an i have 2 systems 1 with a ryzen 5 1600af gtx 970, and the other one with a intel i5 9400f and rtx 2070 the one with intel works perfect but my ryzen pc keeps dropping frames after like 2 min of playing. So I dont know if its my pc or that win 11 and 1st gen ryzen doesn't work good together. I have no problems in other games btw.
Kirisakura

Afriond wrote:

I have bin using win 11 for the past month an i have 2 systems 1 with a ryzen 5 1600af gtx 970, and the other one with a intel i5 9400f and rtx 2070 the one with intel works perfect but my ryzen pc keeps dropping frames after like 2 min of playing. So I dont know if its my pc or that win 11 and 1st gen ryzen doesn't work good together. I have no problems in other games btw.
From what I know Ryzen 1st gen isn't currently listed as officially compatible with win11, they're still undecided on that so maybe there's some kind of problem.
Explo_GR

Liquicidize wrote:

specifics:
i have the same problem, i can play for like 2 minutes before it randomly starts lagging again
killedthevibe
Haven't had issues with performance, but when I tab out in fullscreen I cannot tab back in. Extremely annoying
show more