forum

What is your view in online relationships?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jackisgone
I've seen so many and i just don't know what to think. Can i get some people's opinion of online relationships and what not?
silmarilen
dkun
Love knows no boundaries. Distance shouldn't affect whether you love someone or not.

Treat this seriously -- flaming and/or trolling will be punished. Moved to GD.
Seph
I got ask.fm questions about it

so i guess thats my view on it
boat
Love is love, how it's expressed shouldn't matter.

You get together because you like each other, right? That's essentially what the core of the relationship is, there are ways to spend time and have fun together over a distance as well.

I'm not particularly fond of it all, but each to their own.
Seph
tl;dr its the feelings that matters most
Topic Starter
jackisgone
Well maybe i find it stupid cause of the one expirience ive had with it and it showed how easily a person can be..... idk manipulated/lied to over the internet so idk
boat
People are just as often lied to and manipulated in regular relationships. It's just seemingly easier to do so when you got nothing to fear and nobody to be ashamed in front of, and as such that's quite a general misconception but is certainly not the case.
dkun

jackishere wrote:

Well maybe i find it stupid cause of the one expirience ive had with it and it showed how easily a person can be..... idk manipulated/lied to over the internet so idk
Trust is paramount in a LDR. Don't get into one if you don't trust the person you're with. Don't be so easy to hand over your trust in something this serious.
Seph

jackishere wrote:

Never generalize. Just because this one did this to you doesn't mean everyone else will. And being hurt is normal, its part of life. Its up to you whether you learn from your past mistakes or what
Topic Starter
jackisgone
Yea i guess youre right, i shouldnt generalize it cause of one expirience. Maybe i was just unlucky or stupid at the time, oh well the past is the past. Gotta look forward to the future.
ZefxMeep
It won't lasts long ~ ahmm I guess so.
Birdy
been there, done that

my vote goes to "neveragain"
Cropzy
nope
KinkiN
Most of LD relationships didn't go very well, based on my experience and my friends experience

but if it's love , then what should i say? You're free to love anyone , in real life or online forums.

Sometimes Love are more complicated than any things in this world
Marcin
Oh well, I Won't even try to explain my point
tl;dr 90% of osu! relationships ends up with break up. And most of people here are liars. But maybe it's just my country. Or me. Probably me.
boat
I'd say that estimate applies to real life relationships as well. It's more a matter of that majority of users on here are young and delusional.
UnderminE

silmarilen wrote:

start reading from here

Marcin wrote:

tl;dr 90% of osu! relationships ends up with break up. And most of people here are liars.
Hope you know the same thing goes for irl relationships as well.
Jarby
More importantly, I do wonder why online relationships between users occur with such prevalence on these forums. I haven't seen it happen like this on others.
boat
It's quite common on facepunch as well, just generally not flaunted as much.

Forums are for discussion, most commonly just for topics revolving around the subject (game, tracker, software whatever).
Unlike those, osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
show more