forum

What is your view in online relationships?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vish024
I have a lot of contacts online but I've never experienced anything of this sort. Personally I don't really mind, people are free to do what they want and how they want. I don't think I'm the sort of guy who'd enjoy or get even remotely involved in a relationship of that scale online.
Zerostarry
Real life relationships are so much more frustrating. People can't mind their own business, start to spread rumours, get in between you two, etc. Having it online and keeping it a secret from the community is so much more private and fulfilling. I can't deal with real life relationships, but even online, it still feels a bit pointless. You can't really do much except chat, video call, so it seems like nothing but a glorified friendship. I'd also rather have many friendships than one dedicated relationship, I've learned through experience that you shouldn't put all your eggs into one basket, orz.
YunoFanatic
Why Would Someone Create An Online Love It Will Just Hurt You Trust Me :3

On The Topic : I Dont Have Any

Ok Love~
Hanyuu
It's "love" not relationship what those people do online
Jazz
online relationship sucks real bad and I strongly suggest to not be in one

if your view of Love is something that when you fail once you're never gonna try again then just go cry in a corner and whine about how you're forever alone
I hate people who don't take relationships seriously, both in real life and online. And I hate how they don't put any effort in relationships.
I hate people who're like 'ohmygod i love blah blah so much' but after a few months/weeks/days they're just gonna break up because "something went wrong".
Just because when one thing is broken you're gonna have to replace it already with something new; finding a new one takes more time and effort.

I feel bad for those who take relationships seriously but are not taken seriously by others.
To those who don't take relationships seriously, PLEASE, just don't be in one, you are just wasting the energy of those who are willing to give anything for love and you do not deserve any of it.
Foxtrot
Why not?

You love him/her, and she/he loves you. If you guys are really serious about it and are willing to go through problems with each other, then I see no reason why anybody should stop you nor judge you for what you're doing. In fact, I admire people who are serious about LDR. Not only they have patience, but they also have lots of courage.
Hanyuu
Courage... yeah right..
Seph

Hanyuu wrote:

Courage... yeah right..
It means you're willing to take risks. Its needed. Unless you're a pussy.
TBTE

Seph wrote:

Hanyuu wrote:

Courage... yeah right..
It means you're willing to take risks. Its needed. Unless you're a pussy.
Then ask Katze out.

Bitch
Seph
HAHAHA OH GOD JON LOL

what
Katze
seph u asked me out am i rite bby
Foxtrot

Hanyuu wrote:

Courage... yeah right..
The will to make sacrifices.

You always need to make a sacrifice in order to obtain what you want, even in love.
Cropzy

Katze wrote:

seph u asked me out am i rite bby
Ay gurl.

UnderminE wrote:

boat wrote:

osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
Yeah, there are not that much people left who actually play osu! without actually talking to anyone.
Hi

paha internet relationships gg
Kanye West

Cropzy wrote:

paha internet relationships gg
Topic Starter
jackisgone
well my two cents from the experience if any1 wants to have a online relationship, make sure the other person likes/loves you before you get in one or else itll end up badly.... real badly
Foxtrot

jackishere wrote:

well my two cents from the experience if any1 wants to have a online relationship, make sure the other person likes/loves you before you get in one or else itll end up badly.... real badly
Isn't that like, a rule of thumb or something?

Let me rephrase it in the way I understood it.

I do strongly advise to make sure that it's not only a crush. A relationship based on infatuation can only go wrong, and both of you can get deeply hurt by it. It happens a lot in LDR, because sometimes it's hard to understand your feelings for another person who may live in the opposite side of the world and you prolly never met them either. And since the osu! community is filled with young and delusional people, like myself, it is easy to lose your head over a crush.
Mismagius
All of my relationships were online. I really don't want to write a wall of text right now, but, from my experience from a teenager who went from just a random kid with no experience on anything, to someone who can actually understand how online relationships should work (ideally, however most of the time this is almost impossible), I've learned that, as dkun said, trust is the most important thing you should have. Not the "no matter what you do I'll trust you", because I've been cheated on many times because of blindly trusting someone. You just have to BE SURE that you found someone who knows how you feel, and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you, and not just date the first girl you talk for a whole night (sure it can start that way, but trust has to be constructed over time, which probably doesn't happen in less than a week).

I do believe in long-distance relationships. I'm saying this with the biggest certainty I've ever had, because right now, my love (who I met online) is buying the tickets to come here and meet me for the first time. Great timing for this topic, indeed.
Pizzicato
most of my friends getting relationships online.
i feel left out.

dont wanna join the bandwagon tho
Kaona

Blue Dragon wrote:

All of my relationships were online.
This. All of my real/proper relationships, that is.

Blue Dragon wrote:

I've learned that, as dkun said, trust is the most important thing you should have.
Also this.

Love, trust and patience is the key. I personally don't have any problem with them. However, I personally probably wouldn't get myself into an LDR again. Being so far away from somebody you love is definitely painful and the pain eventually fades but the love also fades with it, in my experience. I've had 3 relationships, I'll give a summary of my first 2 which will explain my feelings personally in my experiences of LDRs.

My 1st relationship ended because the guy couldn't meet me irl - it was all planned, even the date and then 1 month before he couldn't get the money. It felt like a dagger had pierced my heart. He suggested the breakup because he didn't know if he would ever actually be able to meet me and I agreed. There's also a long story about him wanting to get back with me but I'm not going to go into that.

My 2nd relationship was my "most real" relationship. The kind of love I felt for this guy was unreal and it was returned by him. It even got to the point where we talked about a future together and I found out a month before we met he had been thinking of proposing to me and keeping the proposal a secret from our Parents but then quickly came to his senses and realised how absurd the idea was - I was 15 at the time and he was 16. After months of hoping and planning to meet - our Mums met in Florida and we spent 3 days together. Even now, I think that those 3 days we spent together were amazing and I completely cherished them. However, after the 3 days when he had to fly back to Canada it was truly heartbreaking. When I got back, we were planning for him to come over to my house for a week during Christmas. However, for some reason his feelings started fading for me and all he cared about was the "sexual" part of the relationship which I'm not going to go into. To hear that his feelings were fading for me actually broke my heart - I kept crying. Eventually that heartbreak started to make my feelings fade and then we decided to end our dead relationship mutually. 2 weeks later he betrayed me and cut all contact with me.
TL;DR - It ended badly. And to think this is a summary of it, lol.

So, yeah. There's my 2 cents.
[Luanny]

Blue Dragon wrote:

All of my relationships were online. I really don't want to write a wall of text right now, but, from my experience from a teenager who went from just a random kid with no experience on anything, to someone who can actually understand how online relationships should work (ideally, however most of the time this is almost impossible), I've learned that, as dkun said, trust is the most important thing you should have. Not the "no matter what you do I'll trust you", because I've been cheated on many times because of blindly trusting someone. You just have to BE SURE that you found someone who knows how you feel, and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you, and not just date the first girl you talk for a whole night (sure it can start that way, but trust has to be constructed over time, which probably doesn't happen in less than a week).

I do believe in long-distance relationships. I'm saying this with the biggest certainty I've ever had, because right now, my love (who I met online) is buying the tickets to come here and meet me for the first time. Great timing for this topic, indeed.
No, I'm stuck because the page doesn't load LOL
gimme a minute and I buy it D:
Topic Starter
jackisgone

Blue Dragon wrote:

well i hope everything works out fine
Hika
can i hop on the bandwagon where i say love knows no boundaries and that distance shouldn't matter as long as you have patience and trust

personally i prefer long distance because i'd take a shit on everyone here out of pure hatred and anger

they don't come out successfully but you still kinda live with the scars that have been made

it's something you'll never experience if you don't try
dNextGen
been in one already,and probbaly the stupidest thing i've ever experienced,never more,never again

go find friends IRL or etc
DakeDekaane
My experience says no.
In my 1st relationship she disappeared misteriously, I haven't known nothing about her for more than 2 years and increasing, but I really treasure the time we spent together, we had plans to meet irl and almost managed to, but well, it can't be helped :v.
The 2nd lasted almost one year, we had very similar hobbies and many more things, but then things cooled down, and much, muuuuch, and you already may know what happened next, I'm single again.
Both were in the same country as me though.

But as I have always bad luck, meh, I don't close myself to another LDR.

There are some people that manages to meet irl and all goes very nicely. There are some that doesn't. Just enjoy the moment.

The most important thing in LDR are, as many have said, trust in yourself and your partner and don't lie, never lie, it's the golden rule, as every relationship, also, don't promise anything about meeting irl unless you have the resources to. Don't be afraid, if you really like each other, there will be no regrets and everything will be succesful. If you broke up, well, just try to keep talking and continue your life, don't get butthurt.
thelewa

DakeDekaane wrote:

misteriously
:DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Mashley
I have no experience of this (and I don't really want to experience it tbh), but the differences between online interaction and genuine, human interaction are enormous. They're so fundamentally different that I don't think it's possible to know or love someone without meeting them. You could know everything about them yet you'd still have no understanding of what they're actually like. And what happens if you finally meet them and they're not the person you thought they were? I'm sorry to judge, but most of what I've seen from people who have been in these kinds of relationships is a very shallow kind of 'playing love'.
Jordan
99% of them are total crap and no one feels real love for the other. From my experience online relationships give only the illusion of love.
Seph

Jordan wrote:

99% of them are total crap and no one feels real love for the other. From my experience online relationships give only the illusion of love.
How are you so sure about that? Did you survey everyone who's on LDRs?

I'm sorry if I'm too positive with this (all of my past relationships failed mind you) but just because one thing doesn't work out for you doesn't mean it won't as well for everyone else. You obviously have no idea how relationships works then.

Imo online relationships are for emotionally strong people only, don't even think of trying if you can't handle extreme stuff like this. Sure you can talk crap about people in LDRs but in the end of the day if it works out, it works out. I don't know why most of you are being so negative about it when its just the same as being in a relationship in real life, except the distance.
Wok

Seph wrote:

online relationships are for emotionally strong people only, don't even think of trying if you can't handle extreme stuff like this. Sure you can talk crap about people in LDRs but in the end of the day if it works out, it works out. I don't know why most of you are being so negative about it when its just the same as being in a relationship in real life, except the distance.
This
Cropzy
dNextGen

Jordan wrote:

this man knows what he is talkin #Respect
Queen Chan
my current relationship is an online one, we talk to eachother a lot and like someone else said it is NOT for emotionally weak people. It takes a lot of work but in the end it really is worth it to be honest, but hey its not for everyone.
Flanster
Better off being in a real relationship, an online one is very limited. But love comes unexpectedly so not like it can be stopped.
UnderminE
i don't get the butthurt for all relationships

As Lolicore said, love comes unexpectedly. and if there is love, the person will be happy until love ends. Maybe he/she will suffer but hey, since when suffering is bad? Just learn from your mistakes and go on.
As i said before, this is not that much different for irl relationships.

Just don't call all of online relationships as fake relationships (which also happens in irl ones) just because it was a bad experience for you
Seph
Well apparently you can't remove the "it went bad for me so it will as well for everybody else" mentality from them :p
Jazz
HASHTAGBITTERALERT

but yeah try and try until you succeed, right?
if you didn't get it the first try why're you stopping there? that just shows how weak of a person you are
when it didn't go right before then do better at the next, who knows you might get what you've always wanted if you keep on moving
Kanye West

dNextGen wrote:

Jordan wrote:

this man knows what he is talkin #Respect
#realtalk
Liiraye

UnderminE wrote:

boat wrote:

osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
Yeah, there are not that much people left who actually play osu! without actually talking to anyone.

This awesome guy Had not talked to a single soul since he started playing a year back or so and he's around rank 4k, last week I sent him a PM since he lived "nearby" and now WE'RE BFFS!
Why didn't he? He has no interests in anime/otaku culture or even songs similar to it. Only playing western maps lul.

I also know a few more just here in Sweden who have zero contact with others. Of course they aren't in majority, but still. :)

My point? There are people who play without talking to others.

My opinion on the whole matter: Try it out if you get the chance. It won't kill you and if you don't have anything better to do (which I know you don't, loser! :D ), why not give it a try? Chances are you'll have fun and pass your dead time faster. You might get hurt in the end but even so, I think it's worth it. You'll get over it with time no matter what the situation (unless severely extreme yandere shit is going on in your messed up little brain).

Pros: Fun
Pass dead time
Experience
A strong relationship no matter how you look at it

Cons: Might end up sad for a while

Go for it! 8-)
boat

Jordan wrote:

Since you're so certain of what love actually is, care to explain it for us in detail? What is love? What kind of love is real?

I'm neither for nor against ldrs, but this is silly.
Liiraye

boat wrote:

Jordan wrote:

What is love?
bby dnt hrt mi
show more