forum

What is your view in online relationships?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jackisgone
I've seen so many and i just don't know what to think. Can i get some people's opinion of online relationships and what not?
silmarilen
dkun
Love knows no boundaries. Distance shouldn't affect whether you love someone or not.

Treat this seriously -- flaming and/or trolling will be punished. Moved to GD.
Seph
I got ask.fm questions about it

so i guess thats my view on it
boat
Love is love, how it's expressed shouldn't matter.

You get together because you like each other, right? That's essentially what the core of the relationship is, there are ways to spend time and have fun together over a distance as well.

I'm not particularly fond of it all, but each to their own.
Seph
tl;dr its the feelings that matters most
Topic Starter
jackisgone
Well maybe i find it stupid cause of the one expirience ive had with it and it showed how easily a person can be..... idk manipulated/lied to over the internet so idk
boat
People are just as often lied to and manipulated in regular relationships. It's just seemingly easier to do so when you got nothing to fear and nobody to be ashamed in front of, and as such that's quite a general misconception but is certainly not the case.
dkun

jackishere wrote:

Well maybe i find it stupid cause of the one expirience ive had with it and it showed how easily a person can be..... idk manipulated/lied to over the internet so idk
Trust is paramount in a LDR. Don't get into one if you don't trust the person you're with. Don't be so easy to hand over your trust in something this serious.
Seph

jackishere wrote:

Never generalize. Just because this one did this to you doesn't mean everyone else will. And being hurt is normal, its part of life. Its up to you whether you learn from your past mistakes or what
Topic Starter
jackisgone
Yea i guess youre right, i shouldnt generalize it cause of one expirience. Maybe i was just unlucky or stupid at the time, oh well the past is the past. Gotta look forward to the future.
ZefxMeep
It won't lasts long ~ ahmm I guess so.
Birdy
been there, done that

my vote goes to "neveragain"
Cropzy
nope
KinkiN
Most of LD relationships didn't go very well, based on my experience and my friends experience

but if it's love , then what should i say? You're free to love anyone , in real life or online forums.

Sometimes Love are more complicated than any things in this world
Marcin
Oh well, I Won't even try to explain my point
tl;dr 90% of osu! relationships ends up with break up. And most of people here are liars. But maybe it's just my country. Or me. Probably me.
boat
I'd say that estimate applies to real life relationships as well. It's more a matter of that majority of users on here are young and delusional.
UnderminE

silmarilen wrote:

start reading from here

Marcin wrote:

tl;dr 90% of osu! relationships ends up with break up. And most of people here are liars.
Hope you know the same thing goes for irl relationships as well.
Jarby
More importantly, I do wonder why online relationships between users occur with such prevalence on these forums. I haven't seen it happen like this on others.
boat
It's quite common on facepunch as well, just generally not flaunted as much.

Forums are for discussion, most commonly just for topics revolving around the subject (game, tracker, software whatever).
Unlike those, osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
Rantai
I'd say it's easier to ignore jarring flaws while online, which tends to lead to bad things in the long run.

Not a fan of online relationships myself.
UnderminE

boat wrote:

osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
Yeah, there are not that much people left who actually play osu! without actually talking to anyone.

At first it starts like

"sup :3"

Then it goes like

"silly jokes and stupid conversations"
"real life problems"
"love problems"
"hey we understand each other very well"
"when i open osu! i seek for you all the time"
"i think we should start 'going out' even if it will be hard, it will be okay"
"i get bored of you"
"other person understands me better"
"you are talking with other girls/boys, that girl/boy is bitch/bastard"
"meh lets just break up"
"we can be friends"
*they become friends*

*go to top and start reading again but this time it happens with different people"
Jarby

UnderminE wrote:

At first it starts like

Catface: The gateway drug.
Tanzklaue

UnderminE wrote:

boat wrote:

osu! is more like a dating service socializing general.
Yeah, there are not that much people left who actually play osu! without actually talking to anyone.

At first it starts like

Then it goes like

"silly jokes and stupid conversations"
"real life problems"
"love problems"
"hey we understand each other very well"
"when i open osu! i seek for you all the time"
"i think we should start 'going out' even if it will be hard, it will be okay"
"i get bored of you"
"other person understands me better"
"you are talking with other girls/boys, that girl/boy is bitch/bastard"
"meh lets just break up"
"we can be friends"
*they become friends*

*go to top and start reading again but this time it happens with different people"
there is also the on-off-type, in which two people break up and get together again and again, both of them refusing to see the sillyness and uselessness behind their actions.

it's probably the saddest kind, since both parts waste a lot of time and emotions for something that never should have worked in the first place.

on topic:
my standpoint is that they are possible, but they are, like every long distance relationship, really difficult. not seeing your loved one at least regulary really affects how you build up feelings and trust. then again, love is a thing that just happens without conscious control, so you can't really blame anyone for falling in love. saying that somebody is stupid for falling in love is really unfair, since you're not to blame for falling in love... at least not fully.
Vish024
I have a lot of contacts online but I've never experienced anything of this sort. Personally I don't really mind, people are free to do what they want and how they want. I don't think I'm the sort of guy who'd enjoy or get even remotely involved in a relationship of that scale online.
Zerostarry
Real life relationships are so much more frustrating. People can't mind their own business, start to spread rumours, get in between you two, etc. Having it online and keeping it a secret from the community is so much more private and fulfilling. I can't deal with real life relationships, but even online, it still feels a bit pointless. You can't really do much except chat, video call, so it seems like nothing but a glorified friendship. I'd also rather have many friendships than one dedicated relationship, I've learned through experience that you shouldn't put all your eggs into one basket, orz.
YunoFanatic
Why Would Someone Create An Online Love It Will Just Hurt You Trust Me :3

On The Topic : I Dont Have Any

Ok Love~
Hanyuu
It's "love" not relationship what those people do online
Jazz
online relationship sucks real bad and I strongly suggest to not be in one

if your view of Love is something that when you fail once you're never gonna try again then just go cry in a corner and whine about how you're forever alone
I hate people who don't take relationships seriously, both in real life and online. And I hate how they don't put any effort in relationships.
I hate people who're like 'ohmygod i love blah blah so much' but after a few months/weeks/days they're just gonna break up because "something went wrong".
Just because when one thing is broken you're gonna have to replace it already with something new; finding a new one takes more time and effort.

I feel bad for those who take relationships seriously but are not taken seriously by others.
To those who don't take relationships seriously, PLEASE, just don't be in one, you are just wasting the energy of those who are willing to give anything for love and you do not deserve any of it.
Foxtrot
Why not?

You love him/her, and she/he loves you. If you guys are really serious about it and are willing to go through problems with each other, then I see no reason why anybody should stop you nor judge you for what you're doing. In fact, I admire people who are serious about LDR. Not only they have patience, but they also have lots of courage.
Hanyuu
Courage... yeah right..
Seph

Hanyuu wrote:

Courage... yeah right..
It means you're willing to take risks. Its needed. Unless you're a pussy.
show more