forum

Koji Kondo - Main Theme [Osu|Taiko|CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 27 de enero de 2014 at 06:41:21 a.m.

Artist: Koji Kondo
Title: Main Theme
Source: Super Mario 64
Tags: Video game mario nintendo 64 Instrumental
BPM: 112,9
Filesize: 3703kb
Play Time: 02:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Bob-omb battlefield (1,75 stars, 126 notes)
  2. Futsuu (3,56 stars, 124 notes)
  3. Muzukashii (4,48 stars, 214 notes)
  4. Salad (3,3 stars, 106 notes)
  5. Tall Tall Mountain (4,69 stars, 45 notes)
  6. Thwomp's Fortress (3,4 stars, 140 notes)
  7. tiny-HUGE Island (4,95 stars, 180 notes)
Download: Koji Kondo - Main Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Bob-omb battlefield
Thwomp's fortress
Tall Tall Mountain
tiny-HUGE Island
Futsuu
Muzukashii
Salad
This is another beatmap that i uploaded http://osu.ppy.sh/s/115914
Modders
@Bokko the Bunny
@Ishimaru94
@xdispel
@amwsyz
@Bobbias
@Chupalika
@MineRiko
@Norbi
Bokko The Bunny
There are a lot of problems with this map so I will have to put this bluntly.

All Difficulties:

Timing is off by a large amount, if you need help with it you might want to ask around the forums, or check here,

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/121202

I can't stress how much this particular aspect needs to be improved upon, at this point the map won't even be considered for ranking.

You should not be using 1/8 in the timing either, 1/2 or 1/4 snap should be plenty on this map.

You should use distance snap as well because there are a lot of place that are unequal distances and that makes for awkward play.

Twomp's Fortress:

The very last spinner is way to short and seemingly comes out of no where.

The breaks seem to be kind of randomly placed, and are unequal in length. Try finding a better spot for them and make them about the same length.

Tall Tall Mountain:

The spinners should all be placed sooner than they are, but extend to the same place the are currently. Although a few are completely unneeded as they don't really follow the flow of the music.

The slider at 00:40:773 ends as another slider starts, this is a big no-no. Players can't predict this and it is impossible to hit.

tiny-HUGE island

There are numerous sliders that overlap and sliders with notes inside of them. This is impossible to play and hit these notes.

In a short summary, you should have submitted this map to the WIP/Help forum not the pending section. There are a large amount of major flaws with this map and it needs some serious patchwork from where it is now if you plan on getting it ranked. What I listed above are only what I deem very important, but there are too many little things to list that need to be fixed as well.

Best of luck though!
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
Well that was my first beatmap, maybe i will Re-make it :) ;)
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
And the remake is ready!
Maiz94
You need to have at least one hard/insane mania diff before your map can get ranked.

Your mania mapset must have at least 2 difficulties.
xdispel
Hello! Just to polish your song details a little, you might want to capitalize your song title like so: Super Mario 64 Main Theme

Also, the artist should be Koji Kondo because he composed that song (and the rest of the soundtrack). Nintendo is only the label he was signed under.

Hope this helped you in the least tiny bit :D
Maiz94
Also, this is just only a suggestion but, you have to remove the word "Mania!" on your mania diff because you can tell the difference between osu!mania and other game modes as well by seeing the game icon.
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

ishimaru94 wrote:

Also, this is just only a suggestion but, you have to remove the word "Mania!" on your mania diff because you can tell the difference between osu!mania and other game modes as well by seeing the game icon.
But when i try to upload it, appears like a new upload
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
well, now is almost finish.
amwsyz
First time modding,but I'm sure this is a big problem with your beatmap,
that is,you used a WRONG timing set!
Oh please...To rank a map,it should have a right timing,
My test tells me that
the offset should be 704ms,
and the BPM should be 113.
After correct your map's timing problem,I may be able to mod your Mania diffs.
Bobbias
Waiting on offset/BPM fix to mod mania diffs. As soon as you get those fixed, I'll mod the mania diffs (PM me in game or through the forum).
MineRiko
Let's change. Pitch Offset BPM  :o
it is not. BPM103.001
Please change. BPM112.90 :D
good luck!!
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

MineRiko wrote:

Let's change. Pitch Offset BPM  :o
it is not. BPM103.001
Please change. BPM112.90 :D
good luck!!
Bpm changed! to 112.9 ;)
10crystalmask01
ello! :D Le random mod:

[General]
  1. Unherited timing points.
  2. Volume of hit objects are too loud :S Try lowering it to lets say 40%?
  3. Fix your unherited timing points.
    Offset in bomb-omb island: 703
    Offset in thwomps fortress: 753
    Offset in tall tall mountain: 32
    Offset in tiny-Huge island: 704
    Not good. They all need to have the same timing point.
Tip: Use your AiMod (Ctrl + Shift + A) to fix common errors on your map :P
[Easy]
  1. First of all,make sure your Beatsnap divisor is at 1/2 at the most when mapping Easy mode.
00:07:081 (1,2,3) - Needs to be spaced equally. Check back at 00:04:955 (1,2,3)
00:12:262 (2) - Move to 00:12:395.
00:12:395 (2,1) - Badly distanced between each other, you may want to re-arrange this part.
00:13:458 (1,2) - Should look similar to each other in shape. Would make a pretty good symmetry if you did! :P
00:24:087 (1) - Bad distance with previous object.
00:29:401 (2,1,2) - ^ You really need to re-arrange them :S. Also, I recommend the two sliders to look simliar for symmetry. Here, try this:
00:50:393 - Try using a 1/2 slider with a reverse here, like this:

00:54:645 - ^
00:57:036 (1) - Remove New combo
00:59:162 (1) - ^
01:01:288 (1) - ^
01:02:218 (1,2,3) - Place them on-timing (when I say that, I mean place them all on the white ticks).

[Normal]
  1. Fix your timing points, I'll check back on this mode later ;)
Norbi
Hey~

You really should fix the timing of the Muzukashii diff as well. D: Also, correct the Futsuu and the Muzukashii, every, I mean EVERY note is misplaced. Rename the Taiko diffs correctly to "Futsuu" and "Muzukashii," so don't use those weird characters you used. If you do these, I can mod the taiko diffs, if you want.
[General]
  1. Remove Mario and 64 from the tags, they are already in the title of the song.
  2. I think you should disable letterbox and countdown in the taiko diffs (not sure if you need to do the same with the standard difficulties as well).
  3. You should add 近藤 浩治 to artist in every difficulty and keep the romanized artist as "Koji Kondo."
  4. Taiko Muzukashii's Slider velocity should be 1.4. The Futsuu's 1.2, and it is correct now.
  5. Source can be Super Mario 64 (well, should be.)
  6. You should only use 1/4 as the beat divisor, never use 1/6 or above.
I totally could make an Oni for this song, will decide on this later.
Chupalika
hi :)

ima try to get everything

this isn't the main theme, it's bomb-omb battlefield! or that fortress place...

this is for tall-tall mountain
everything is unsnapped... use the timeline bar on the top. Drag a note or slider to snap it into place. Make sure your beat snap divisor (on the top right) is at 1/4 or whatever you need it to be. You could resnap all notes too by pressing alt T N. But I'm not sure you want to do that in this situation cause there are a lot of spots I'm not sure what kind of rhythm you were planning...
Timing is off... the song is kinda weird with its timing. Try this setup:
offset 705 - bpm 112.9
offset 4956 - bpm 112.8
offset 21977 - bpm 112.85
offset 38990 - bpm 113
offset 55981 - bpm 112.9
this is what I think you wanted the rhythm to be: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/681 ... ain%5D.osu
if it's right, use that. if it's not, change whatevers not :)
anyone who doesn't know this song will have no idea what the rhythm is supposed to be. Actually I think people who do know this song still won't be able to know whats going on the first try... there's not much flow in this map. Using distance snap all the time should help you. If you really want something to break the distance snap, make sure it makes sense. Something like 00:38:459 ... these notes are wayy too far apart. Also, I think you should use more sliders.
00:29:952 - random inheritance point?
00:38:459 - change inheritance point to this time
00:55:981 - change inheritance point to this time
I think you should change hitsound volume to 40%

I gotta go now so this is all for now
hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥
Kurokami
Offset 712, please correct it and move every, again EVERY notes to their correct place then call me back for a mod. I'm willing to help you with a very detailed mod, but I can't mod something which is not correctly timed.
KiKi_Wellington
Hello again! I really like this map. the timing is great. The only thing that i would recommend would be to straiten up some of the notes( not actually strait but following the path you set perfectly) oh and i'm guessing the insane one isn't done right? Once again looking forward to this beat map going big big!
-KiKi_Wellington
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

Kurokami wrote:

Offset 712, please correct it and move every, again EVERY notes to their correct place then call me back for a mod. I'm willing to help you with a very detailed mod, but I can't mod something which is not correctly timed.
Fixed offset to 712 ;)
BlueStarYoshi
Random Mod :P

i try the salad and well ...is an average diff level (i got an SS) so no problem with it but..

00:04:556 (1) - this note i move a little from here

00:04:689 (1) - to this point , ..well it's sounds better (for me)

00:21:563 (1) - the same with this one , move a little

00:21:696 (1) - To this point

im not an expert at modding so well i think moving these notes a little sounds better , well it's my opinion , good luck whit your map ;)
Rad-
Hello.

On all difficulties, you really need to do better distance snapping, its too hard to tell on all maps when to click because it doesnt flow very well, and try making objects follow better with the beat instead of the other instruments.

You havent moved all objects on tiny-HUGE Island to the new timing, because all objects are not snapped, and please if you are actually making that map cs5, i suggest lowering the AR to 8.

I'm not going to say more because you still havent finished all maps till the end of the song, at least get those right for now.

Remember: Good spacing makes the map alot more playable.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.