forum

Shoji Meguro - Aria of the Soul

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, September 07, 2009 at 3:41:48 PM

Artist: Shoji Meguro
Title: Aria of the Soul
Source: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Tags: atlus velvet room poem for everyone's souls
BPM: 91.96
Filesize: 4897kb
Play Time: 02:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.62 stars, 92 notes)
  2. Hard (4.46 stars, 214 notes)
  3. Insane (4.81 stars, 301 notes)
  4. Normal (1.89 stars, 136 notes)
Download: Shoji Meguro - Aria of the Soul
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Welcome to the Velvet Room.

This song is one of Shoji Meguro's first pieces, and it's been refined to perfection as the Persona games went on. I think it's very beautiful and nice. It's also Jump city, so don't be too nazi on those jumperoonies. :)

Now...There's two problems with this map that I know of. In Persona 3, it was called "Poem for Everyone's Soul" or something similar to that. In Persona 4, it was renamed to Aria of the Soul, at least according to the soundtrack that came with the game. Which name should I use? I put Poem for Everyone's Soul in the Tags anyway for safety.

Next...there may be timing problems, like a bad BPM or something.

Enjoy! Any constructive criticism is appreciated. Feedback is appreciated too, haha.

1: eee changes, particularly on (ee)Easy. Made minor changes around side. Thanks! :)
2: Takuma changes...just the spacing stuff though...
3: brainfree[z] changes. Makes it more of a challenge. Also changed some patterns because I thought the old one was stupid. .mp3 cut in half.
4: Pattern change. Hitsound changes. Thanks brainfree[z] for help.
5: Combobursts added. Let me know what you think. Pattern change. Finding custom soundsets. Will edit more skin related elements soon! Thanks Sinistro (haha).
6: Gens changes. Custom soundsets. Might add more things soon.
7: minyeob changes. :)
8: Animask changes. Bah, who cares about boredom.
9: Mafiamaster changes~
10: El Larto changes. :o Thanks guys.
11: PandaCath changes...And a few other things.
12: I changed the BPM around the end...See if it's on time...Can someone point to me if it's so? In addition, thank you very much Zatoichi. :)
13: Derek changes. I'll update the hanging combo-bursts later.
14: SFG changes. Also fixed hanging combobursts. I have no clue what to do with the slowdown. :S
15: Many changes. :3 Thank you people.
16: Mogs changes. Will do slidersounds ASAP. Thank you sir.
17: Hitsounds. Full redownload if you haven't.
18: Changed inherited timing sections from Larto. Just upping it here for backup.
19: Changed timing to CW's. Thanks.
20: tieff part 1. >w<
21: tieff part 2. :O Thanks a lot.
eee
eeemod, GO!!!

[Easy]

01:33:96 (1,2,3) - how about match the distances to be like the other ones (i.eee. 01:26:13 (2,3,4)), I think this is snapped differently and doesn't look right.
01:56:78 (1,2,3) - ^ apparently, this is snapped differently???,this is just a suggestion though
02:40:80 (5) - new combo this, seems like it would be further?

[Normal]

02:40:80 (5) - same as Easy?

[Hard]
02:40:82 (1) - . . . . . . you did it here :D
yeah, nothin' wrong imo

[Insane]
cool patterns

just as I said, *star :D
Takuma
Interesting song and map.

All:
  1. The switch to normal hitsounds at the end sound odd imho. Have someone else comment on this.
  2. Maybe you could cut the song?
Easy:
  1. 00:40:809 - Delete break, then press insert break time. The break should extend.
  2. 01:35:592 - Same problem, except it should shorten.
Normal:
  1. 00:40:809 - Fix the break.
  2. 01:35:614 - ^
Hard:
  1. 01:23:20 (4) - Stack with fading (2) slider end?
  2. 01:24:83 (3) - Tooo close to (2). I made exceptions throughout the map but I thought this was a little "too" close.
Insane:
  1. 01:46:35 (2) - Yuck, fix this to be in line with the previous slider.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

Takuma wrote:

Interesting song and map.

All:
  1. The switch to normal hitsounds at the end sound odd imho. Have someone else comment on this.
  2. Maybe you could cut the song?
Easy:
  1. 00:40:809 - Delete break, then press insert break time. The break should extend.
  2. 01:35:592 - Same problem, except it should shorten.
Normal:
  1. 00:40:809 - Fix the break.
  2. 01:35:614 - ^
The switch...About that, I can't emphasize really on how to do the end. I had Soft already on Max Volume, and I wanted it to go to the next level with that pretty radical ending...That's why I had to switch to the next sound-set, Normal...if it's really unfitting, I may have to find something else to settle for.

I'll cut the song when it turns to be a major complaint.

About those breaks...It was intended to have it that way. I don't know if that'll prevent any ranking whatsoever. Can I get a BAT's opinion on that?

And now for matters of timing...if you played this and are a pretty darn good player, tell me how you think the timing is. I played the song and I got a good number of 100s...which might have been a problem. (I ended [Insane] with a 95% though)

Thanks for modding, eee and Takuma. ^^
brainfree[z]
Woooo~ you submitted it! :)
First of all, a well deserved star. I love this map.

[Insane]
Dammit this difficulty is really fun. The jumps are awesome. [My best is 85% D:]
One minor thing though:
There is a pair of hit circles (the first at 2:36:489 is a number 2) which I think should be swapped vertically. The previous combo goes up-down-up and I'm always surprised by the following one going down first.
Anywho, it should be fine as is. :P

I also think you should consider cutting the song. Keyword here being consider since I also think this is unimportant. o.O

Hope this gets ranked. :D
Gens
Okay, did some chatting/modding on IRC...
Possible Offset problem? O.o

Anyways here's a star. :D

I like relaxing beatmaps
minyeob
[Easy]
1:09:831(1)-> 1/4 beat backward. (I'm not sure :( )
1:58:744(1,2,3,4)-> 1 grid right. Jump is not good on easy(Imo)

[Normal]
1:09:831(1)-> Same as easy.
After 2:41:788(1)-> Ending is different from others. (Singer don't say "blablabla" after this spinner in this difficulty.)

[Hard]
1:33:635(2)-> Change the location like this.

1:48:962(2)-> We have to make a nice shape(1,2,3,4). 1 level 1 gird down
1:58:744(1)~2:14:070(4)-> Boring?!?!

[Insane]
Looks fine.

And...... minyeob star

Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
1:09:831(1)-> 1/4 beat backward. (I'm not sure :( )
1/8 actually felt better to me...Which isn't good...

1:58:744(1)~2:14:070(4)-> Boring?!?!
It was to emphasize the fact the Distance Snap is getting farther and farther apart. :S So I'm keeping it, sorry.

And...... minyeob star
Attachment:
minyeob star.jpg
minyeob star.jpg [ 18.34 KB | Viewed 19 times ]
Awww <3
Sleep Powder
[Easy]
00:31:35 (2) - No overlapping sliders please
00:36:57 (2) - Don't touch (1) little slider don't do it
01:09:83 (1,2) - White ticks sounds better there

[Insane]
00:37:22 (8) - Don't overlap sliders like this
02:40:48 (?,?) - 1/4 divisor White and red tick...circles?

Too bored to mod the other ones
HarryOrunitia
Starred :D
Celestral
I can't mod, but I like this map! Star'd :3
Mafiamaster
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
Offset: 30.018

Insane:
00:31:02 (5) - Repeat hard to see
00:36:24 (7) - ^

I liked this map. Good stuff.
Zerostarry
The timing is kinda iffy..might want to double check.

Clean up some of the slider patterns on easy! Other than that, i dont have any other problems with this.

Starred.
tieff
Starred.
PandaCath
[Easy]
Around 00:39 Break, delete the break, then readd. It should fix when the break comes.
02:07:191 (2) Suggested move down just a tad.
02:09:800 (2) Same thing, but move up.

[Normal]
Again with the break at 39.

[Hard]
01:29:697 (1) (2) I have issues with where this is. Possibly move off to the side, unless you intended it to be a trick.
02:35:235 (1) - (8) Don't like the overlaps in this either.

[Insane]
Nothing to say about it.

I be starring this.
Zatoichi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Zatoichi
02:37:51 (1,2,3,4 (5,6,7,8)) - This is a period of the song in which it slows down. You put them on 1/2 (or 1/4 I don't remember) and stuck to that. It doesn't sound right. At all. But I can understand why you'd do this since BPM slowdown is hard to time.
Takuma
I see some unsnapped notes. Resnap then check over.
show more