forum

What programming languages can you code?

posted
Total Posts

Can you code?

Yes
72.50%
No
27.50%
Total votes: 40
Topic Starter
GPR
Me : Python, Java, Kotlin, PHP, JavaScript, C, C++, C#, Go, Assembly, Pascal, Dart, Erlang, Elixir, Haskell, Matlab, Bash.

Edit : HTML and CSS are not programming language.
Corne2Plum3
first

Python, JS, HTML, CSS, Java (but a little)
YyottaCat
Not a lot TBH.
C++, C, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python.
Topic Starter
GPR

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

first

YyottaCat wrote:

Not a lot TBH.
Well HTML and CSS are not programming language, but I accept it.

Note: HTML+CSS is turing complete.
YyottaCat

GPR wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

first

YyottaCat wrote:

Not a lot TBH.
Well HTML and CSS are not programming language, but I accept it.

Note: HTML+CSS is turing complete.
I do know that but that just makes it seem like I know more than I actually do.
BTW HTML is literally called a "language" because it is HyperText Markup Language.
Lapizote
mainly python, because I'm a lazy, lazy person.

also, I did know a lil bit of Java back then because I wanted to be the next Notch.
Winnyace
still in a beginner in all of them, but I can code in C++ and Python. C++ is my main programming language right now, since I use it at school.
ninore
no i'm not a nerd but i am beginner level in guitar piano and music programs, not good at but atleast competent in drawing, really incompetent in osu!, amateur level in photoshop stuff, bad at mapping, not very good at speaking japanese and beginner level - incompetent at other things aswell.

i just realized that i'm not good at anything i do. shit.
Topic Starter
GPR

axl2468 wrote:

also, I did know a lil bit of Java back then because I wanted to be the next Notch.
Well, Python is easy to learn for beginner and for learn Java you also need to learn OOP concept.

Winnyace wrote:

still in a beginner in all of them, but I can code in C++ and Python. C++ is my main programming language right now, since I use it at school.
Nice, keep it up!
Maybe create a mini project so you can learn more things.

nedd83 wrote:

no i'm not a nerd but i am beginner level in guitar piano and music programs, not good at but atleast competent in drawing, really incompetent in osu!, amateur level in photoshop stuff, bad at mapping, not very good at speaking japanese and beginner level - incompetent at other things aswell.

Well, at least you're happy.
Jack ot none, master of none.
z0z
only processing java(and not very good at it)
i wanna get into c#, c+, or c++
Topic Starter
GPR

z0z wrote:

only processing java(and not very good at it)
i wanna get into c#, c+, or c++
You can learn C# first because the syntax and the OOP paradigm are similar to Java.
Lapizote

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

Well, Python is easy to learn for beginner and for learn Java you also need to learn OOP concept.
in addition, best part about Python is that it's (probably) the only language I need to learn for aspects that I will most likely use my programming knowledge for (science, astronomy and shit).
Topic Starter
GPR

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

in addition, best part about Python is that it's (probably) the only language I need to learn for aspects that I will most likely use my programming knowledge for (science, astronomy and shit).
The problem of Python is its performance, it's very slow as sh*t. (And that's the part that I hate from Python).
YyottaCat

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

The problem of Python is its performance, it's very slow as sh*t. (And that's the part that I hate from Python).
Yep. It does things way slower.
Winnyace

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

true. Ranger, for example, takes a year and half to open on any system. but I think many programmers will rather have slower programs than having to deal with the mess that are other programming languages.
Lapizote

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

well, it's either quick development times or quick performances. can't have both i guess.
YyottaCat

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

well, it's either quick development times or quick performances. can't have both i guess.
Python is for things that don't burn too much of CPU, and other things are for things where performance do matter.
Topic Starter
GPR

YyottaCat wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

GPR wrote:

axl2468 wrote:

Python is for things that don't burn too much of CPU, and other things are for things where performance do matter.
I almost burn my PC when using neural network with python a few months ago.
Hydreigon

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Nuuskamuikkunen

nedd83 wrote:

Same, huh.
show more