forum

T-Aiko! for Android/iOS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
T-Aiko! is a free Taiko no Tatsujin game that plays osu! beatmaps and has been going strong for 4 years!

Features include:
+Online scoreboards and profiles with global ranks (Separate to osu! accounts)
+Daily selected 'competitive' maps
+Local score saving
+Direct links to beatmaps
+1080p grafix
+Many other things I can't be bothered to type up

Download from Google Play

Download from App Store

Enjoy!

OzzyOzrock
This is wrong! All is wrong! I am fan of taiko but is wrong! I am not big notess??!?!?

:D I don't have an Android but good luck with making this awesome.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Oh how I into English!?!?! I AM big notes!
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Updated with 20x more aids
Zhanger_old
very cool ^^ I like the menu. playing on a nexus one.

will this be open source by any chance? i'm curious about how this is made (namely rendering)
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
The menu still needs a lot of work, it's far from done, like most things in the game.

I don't have any plans to make it open source as the code isn't extremely tidy (although it is well commented if anyone were to ever help me on it).
But if you wanted to take a look, I'd be fine to show you, I can give you repository access.
Zhanger_old

Guy-kun wrote:

The menu still needs a lot of work, it's far from done, like most things in the game.

I don't have any plans to make it open source as the code isn't extremely tidy (although it is well commented if anyone were to ever help me on it).
But if you wanted to take a look, I'd be fine to show you, I can give you repository access.
probably not as bad as me, my code sprawls everywhere >_> but yes, I would love to take a look :O
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Okay then, pm me so I remember.
Roga-don
Wow it's a great job for your first beta ! I remember the taikosanjiro game that was really buggy on the android :lol:
Can't wait for a stable version of it ! :3
But I've got an HTC Desire, so shitty touchscreen :cry:
foulcoon
Testing with Samsung Epic 4G:

Game crashes during refreshing if you start with a gigantic songs folder :P

Rarely got any songs to sync properly, but thats to be expected with an alpha stage project.

Skip button stays there throughout the entire song, and pressing anywhere on the top of the screen (not just the skip button) causes the song to "skip" to the start point of the song.
eldnl
Good idea but, T-aiko is not a good name :<
Topic Starter
Guy-kun

foulcoon wrote:

Game crashes during refreshing if you start with a gigantic songs folder :P
Yeah... I haven't ever tested it with more than about 10 songs.

foulcoon wrote:

Skip button stays there throughout the entire song, and pressing anywhere on the top of the screen (not just the skip button) causes the song to "skip" to the start point of the song.
Yup, skip is generally broken, it worked at one point but I broke it...

eldnl wrote:

T-aiko is not a good name :<
My opinion > *
Zhanger_old

foulcoon wrote:

Skip button stays there throughout the entire song
I don't get that oO nexus one.
foulcoon

Zhanger wrote:

foulcoon wrote:

Skip button stays there throughout the entire song
I don't get that oO nexus one.
Were you playing a song that actually had a skip button? because I'm pretty sure it happened to everyone song I played that needed a skip button.
Zhanger_old

foulcoon wrote:

Were you playing a song that actually had a skip button? because I'm pretty sure it happened to everyone song I played that needed a skip button.
yup. although, if I don't skip, the button just stays there even while playing, and upon touching it goes to the beginning p:

on a side note, in game downloads coming \:D/
foulcoon
thats exactly what I posted in the first place

I just assumed that people didn't push the skip button because the OP specifically says not to push the skip button
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
It'll be sorted next build, a lot of timing corrections and fixes are in place, may have to re-write this thread not to be pesimistic.
wmfchris
a run in neo Xperia

- timing ._.
- can't read more than 1 BG per map
- only give red notes
- broken taiko slider
foulcoon

wmfchris wrote:

a run in neo Xperia

- timing ._.
- can't read more than 1 BG per map
- only give red notes
- broken taiko slider
yeah, i think he knows

read the first post next time
Roga-don
Any update ? ;_;
It looked so cool ! I hope you'll finish it !
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Don't worry about it, a lot of work has been and will be done. Timing for maps has been pretty much solved, ka's are now in the right place and a lot more is to come.
MMzz
Looks fun, i'll have to get it when all the kinks are worked out.

Also regarding to the front post: "HTC devices also suck, your touchscreens miss rapid touch events, tough."
My HTC EVO never does anything like this when I play stepmania / random games that require rapid tapping (Like tap so many times to charge something)
Roga-don

MMzz wrote:

Also regarding to the front post: "HTC devices also suck, your touchscreens miss rapid touch events, tough."
My HTC EVO never does anything like this when I play stepmania / random games that require rapid tapping (Like tap so many times to charge something)
My HTC Desire does... And it really sucks D:
Does someone know the reason of it ?
lepidopodus
:DDD
Topic Starter
Guy-kun

Roga-don wrote:

MMzz wrote:

My HTC Desire does... And it really sucks D:
Does someone know the reason of it ?
I've never got to the bottom of it, it happened on my Desire HD and whatever peppy tested on too.
If you write a simple piece of code to output taps and their count in debugger and tap various rhythms at various speeds, some taps will be missed. It really does seem like a hardware issue.
Doesn't happen at all on any other devices AFAIK
Musty
i've a Little Screen, so hard to play :SS
Saeris
You should team-up with Pesets:>
Slih
parsing failure ... :( ...
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Try a different map
Zelos
I sincerely hope you do work out everything to make an epic Taiko app.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
No-one's interested, latest version that fixes many things isn't even released.
Backfire
Who isn't interested? I am :(
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
That makes one. Want the new version?
show more