forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rebel_Fox
one of my close friends (who is in the 4 digits in the ranking) introduced me to osu.
sky0565
that wieku vid with danser bot
yarWe
centipede knife party
SA ST
I was using a discord bot that advertised other peoples servers in my chat and it advetises my server in other servers and from there i met a swedish guy called musicplays that showed me the game and we played multi and i played with relax cus he told me to
Karmine
During a random discussion with friends from another game someone mentioned it.
I saw some videos (like rrtyui replays) and thought it was super cool so I gave it a try and now I can't stop.
Quite ironic that I don't play this other game anymore and lost contact with these people.

You are here forever.
Vinnieosu_old_1
I found this girl who was really creative who played osu! on YouTube and I really wanted to try it out because I thought it was really cool and its now been about one month since that happened.
AmbarAnand

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!
i saw someone playing osu on youtube and i got intresting lol. not special story
telepokus
my friend told me because i had a tablet
AccountWontWork
I've known Osu! for a while but I only thought of it as a cool looking game.

I only started playing because I watch xQc and he did a stream playing Osu! so I thought "Seems pretty cool, Imma try it." and I actually liked it so I just kept playing. :)
-Andrei-
old friend recommended me the game so i gave it a try
shaadowz
my friend was playing at school one day and i knew what osu! was but i was like wow you are so good and it looks so cool so i tried it and now i play it everyday and am way better them him lol
Thevaka
a mopemope gameplay
NekoTowel
I created the account in June 2019, forgot how I found osu! originally. However, in September 2019, when I started playing standard properly, it was a friend who wanted me to play osu! with him. He stopped playing after I got better than him.

Started mania because of Jakads videos and wanting to play BMS and stuff.
Hky Sigh
I had always seen clips of it every now and then, but as I got more into rythm games in 2017, I watched a "TOP 10 RYTHM GAMES" video...
Vexxer232
First time I saw osu was this video. A damn classic, that's for sure. I didn't start playing it until many years later, though.
Sitsumi
When I used to play Roblox, there was a game called Parkour that I played alot. There was also this YouTuber who I watched who played parkour. In this Q&A video, someone asked, "other than Roblox, what do you play?" He said he played a lot of osu, and showed some gameplay. It seemed like another cool rhythm game to play, so I gave it a shot. Since I used to play RoBeats (literally 4k mania in Roblox) at the time, I started off with mania, but then switched to standard.
skullyisthename
friend reccommended it to me :D
dp_3347
I came across OSU via youtube, watching people like biffy and partly squashyboy, (good youtubers) I decided then to try out osu and see what its like... I have been playing for the past 6 days now. :)
Delta_Rhythm
My friend really pushed the game on me back in March 2019, so I got it and played it with them a bit.
I ended up losing interest after only somewhat playing for a month or two and forgot about it. But then, back in September 2020, I was really enjoying playing some Geometry Dash and remembered that I had a random rhythm game called osu downloaded. I started to play it a little bit, and now here I am, playing the game almost everyday...
Blue9485
My friend was playing osu! and I tried it
JulyXC
I had a lot of free time during a summer job in 2011, found this game just to kill time
NotRaffi
whitecat no cheat proof
Patatitta
some friend told me he downloaded a cool looking game when I was hanging out in his house, played a bunch of maps and then I downloaded it for myself, then I switched to playing CTB
11 - MIKADO
i found it through youtube when listening to touhou related music if im correct 🤔
Missia
Cookiezi... FDFD, jaw was on the floor and instantly idolised him when I started playing haha
Eunbi
cringe
ikugoi

Yenyul wrote:

I saw a guy clicking circles at inhumane speed during lunch and that's how my life went down hill.
incredible
ShinRun
I’m surprised you guys are able to meet osu players at school

Man I swear no one play osu at my school
yahiro kira
I found osu! from that rockfeller street meme.... BUUUUt as you can see. I only started playing recently that's cuz my friend introduced me to it. Idk how i even got into it or why i even downloaded. I never usually play games my friends' recommend me unless they're rpg
X4X5
I actually found osu! from Geometry Dash, and that was when I played a certain level that used music from Camellia. And actually, I can probably say that Camellia is the only way I knew what osu! is.
Akuma_Reiki
Honestly I just knew of it as the funny hard rhythm game because I saw someone play the big black once on youtube

When FNF was still getting big, I checked it out, played it, and just felt like playing more rhythm games
So I decided to try and get good at what I thought was a really hard game
ClovenHelm
I saw osu! like way back somewhere in 2017-2019, at the time I was getting into rhythm games and was trying out whatever I found fun.

The first time I've heard of it was when I watched Shige's Freedom Dive FC. That was way way back probably when circle people first uploaded their video on the play.

Then I see a bunch of osu! memes over the span of a few years... (Prominently a "hoho, are you approaching me?" meme where Dio was a hit circle and Jotaro was a cursor, comedy I know)

All these encounters really tempted me but I never tried osu! for some reason. Thankfully I didn't, since that really would've messed up the balance of games I was juggling at the time.

So what got me to REALLY try osu! ?

A discord server was created on April 2020, it was focused on helping my friend appeal his unfairly banned Roblox account. (It was never appealed D':)
Besides having the common goal of having to appeal his account, we also wanted to get to know each other.

I met a bunch of nice people, namely someone who played osu!mania. I, at the time, was also playing a game similar to that robeats and so we got into this conversation of him trying to get me to play mania.

My reaction went something like:
"Oh osu! ? Yeah I know that game, sure I'll play it." And then I downloaded and played the game on May 4, 2020

So many signs have been shown to me throughout my life that I would eventually end up playing this bastard game. Like I've always loved rhythm games since I was a kid(like 4 or 5 years of age), I liked tapping to music, etc etc.

And so here I am, playing osu! and using it as an expressive medium via mapping.

\o
Wataxei
Vaxei tsukinami HDDT youtube video
Eaten781
My friend was talking about osu.
IryN
I used to be a robeats player (yes, robeats) and I was pretty good at it so started to look for other more serious actual rhythm games that had the similar gameplay and charting to robeats. Then I stumbled upon "so i play osu mania for school talent show" and I was like "wow this game is just like robeats" so I downloaded osu and what came to my disappointment after downloading the Love is war OP 1 beatmap that I actually needed to CLICK CIRCLES. If you check my playtime graph I only have one play on my first month and I stopped playing for almost half a year, that one play was what held my disappointment. Came back to the game because of quarantine and found fast improvement and success. I also figured out that osu has different gamemodes so in an alternate reality I would have been a mania player.
Ashton
My brother was playing it during a power outage and I was watching him. I remember him distinctively telling me it was too commplicated for me to understand...
womsie
originally found a ctb tournament stream, never looked into osu! further until i found a video of cookiezi play on remote control
xFengie
was watchin Apexay stream minecraft uhc on twitch like years years ago, and while he was waiting for a game in lobby he was playing osu! and told chat that it was a pretty fun game to pass time and potentially increase your CPS and that got me hooked on trying out the game
Sentork
That video of the Knife Party - Centipede map that gained a lot of views, viewed it around 2015-2016 and I continued to watch osu! related videos but I didn't give osu! a try until last year.
RewLord
I was browsing twitch and I came upon an osu stream. I liked it so I downloaded the game and started playing.
show more