forum

Key presses per second program

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Roan

strykeer25 wrote:

I don't understand if on windows it is possible to overlay it on full screen mode. I tried it without full screen and it works perfectly, but due to the full screen mode being off, there is a considerable delay when pressing keys.
At the moment there is no support for injecting the program into osu! to make it appear as if it is on top of osu! On Windows there can only ever be one full screen application on a monitor, anything that wants to appear on top has to inject itself into the renderer of the full screen application. Implementing support for something like this comes with a fair number of issues and things to consider so while I'm considering it, I'm not sure if or when I'll work on this.

For a more detailed explanation see this community/forums/topics/552405?start=7636887 reply and this community/forums/topics/552405?start=7391965 reply.
Ryume
It seems you have put a lot of work into this. Im glad
Topic Starter
Roan

N o v a wrote:

It seems you have put a lot of work into this. Im glad
Thanks :D By now I've spent hundreds of hours on this program, but I'm really happy with the result and all the feedback ^_^
LoPlomo
Is there a way to remove the key "label"? thanks for all the work ^^
Topic Starter
Roan

LoPlomo wrote:

Is there a way to remove the key "label"? thanks for all the work ^^
Not sure if I completely understood the question, but if by key label you mean the display text of a panel, then there's currently no way to completely remove this. However, in the 'Add key' dialog you can double click the values in the 'key' column and change them to nothing. Although that will get ride of the text, there will still be space reserved on the panel for where the text would've gone. If completely removing the text and space reserved for the text is what you want, then I can put it on my todo list.
sillypilly
Hey, I tried to make the row of keys, and the row of data (such as avg and cur) on 2 different rows, but on the y the only options are 0 or end which makes it into more rows? I can't figure out how to fix this.
EDIT: I figured out I can make the row of keys a higher y pos and the avg, cur and max at 0
Topic Starter
Roan

sillypilly wrote:

Hey, I tried to make the row of keys, and the row of data (such as avg and cur) on 2 different rows, but on the y the only options are 0 or end which makes it into more rows? I can't figure out how to fix this.
EDIT: I figured out I can make the row of keys a higher y pos and the avg, cur and max at 0
Hey, like you've already figured out, the negative values are reserved for the special values (end/max). Currently the only way to get extra rows is indeed by moving something else up.
playerrobeats3
this is closing on robeats and osu - max
Topic Starter
Roan

playerrobeats3 wrote:

this is closing on robeats and osu - max
I don't quite understand what you mean :(
Arstz
Don't know if it is possible on Java, but I would really appreciate you adding an "Ignore fullscreen button" or something like that, so it would go over fullscreen apps. Your "Overlay doesn't seem to support it.
Topic Starter
Roan

Arstz wrote:

Don't know if it is possible on Java, but I would really appreciate you adding an "Ignore fullscreen button" or something like that, so it would go over fullscreen apps. Your "Overlay doesn't seem to support it.
Overlaying a full screen application is not actually possible for any application. When you see so called overlays what they are actually doing is injecting custom code into the renderer of the game they are overlaying. An easy work around is to just play osu! in full screen windowed mode, but this of course can sometimes lead to lower performance.

Making something that resembles an overlay, while technically possible, is a very tricky thing to do since you are tampering with the memory of a running game. If there are any bugs it's very easy to crash both applications, in addition you are also directly affecting the performance of the game since it now needs to render an additional overlay.

While I'm not against the idea completely and do have it on my long term todo list. It does take a fair bit of work to implement and if I do finish it I will include a fair warning. Especially games with anti-cheat software often don't like other programs messing with the memory of their game, save for some whitelisted applications.

For more details see my earlier replies about the topic: community/forums/posts/7391965 and community/forums/posts/7636887 and community/forums/posts/7749276
Arstz

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

Overlaying a full screen application is not actually possible for any application. When you see so called overlays what they are actually doing is injecting custom code into the renderer of the game they are overlaying. An easy work around is to just play osu! in full screen windowed mode, but this of course can sometimes lead to lower performance.

Making something that resembles an overlay, while technically possible, is a very tricky thing to do since you are tampering with the memory of a running game. If there are any bugs it's very easy to crash both applications, in addition you are also directly affecting the performance of the game since it now needs to render an additional overlay.

While I'm not against the idea completely and do have it on my long term todo list. It does take a fair bit of work to implement and if I do finish it I will include a fair warning. Especially games with anti-cheat software often don't like other programs messing with the memory of their game, save for some whitelisted applications.

For more details see my earlier replies about the topic: community/forums/posts/7391965 and community/forums/posts/7636887 and community/forums/posts/7749276
Well, I guess should have read previous posts there, sorry. If you say that understanding DirectX will be a ass pain then so be it. Maybe will try to make something similar on c++. Just was thinking about all those VN hooks, that were made by a couple of people - works fine. Anyway, using some library shouldn't be that hard, right? So far nice work on the app, will eagerly await your solution, whenever it comes.
Topic Starter
Roan

Arstz wrote:

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

Well, I guess should have read previous posts there, sorry. If you say that understanding DirectX will be a ass pain then so be it. Maybe will try to make something similar on c++. Just was thinking about all those VN hooks, that were made by a couple of people - works fine. Anyway, using some library shouldn't be that hard, right? So far nice work on the app, will eagerly await your solution, whenever it comes.
It's not so much just about understanding DirectX, it's about writing a DLL injection process and custom DLL with renderer modifications for all relevant versions of DirectX and OpenGL. Luckily there is a fair bit of overlap there. As far as I'm aware, while there are some implementations of specific overlay cases out there, no reliable generic libraries exist. If you know of any written in C/C++/Java then I would be interested.
Arstz

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

It's not so much just about understanding DirectX, it's about writing a DLL injection process and custom DLL with renderer modifications for all relevant versions of DirectX and OpenGL. Luckily there is a fair bit of overlap there. As far as I'm aware, while there are some implementations of specific overlay cases out there, no reliable generic libraries exist. If you know of any written in C/C++/Java then I would be interested.
Right now I am working on an another project so until finished don't expect anything. Anyhow, tested a couple of variants, EasyHook seems to work reliably enough: I could inject foreign DLLs in running osu! like fps monitor and process tracker. But as far as I am not sufficiently knowledgeable here it would take a bunch of time to understand the whole process. From here on now, まかせる。

-->https://easyhook.github.io/<-- Link
Topic Starter
Roan

Arstz wrote:

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

Roan wrote:

Arstz wrote:

Right now I am working on an another project so until finished don't expect anything. Anyhow, tested a couple of variants, EasyHook seems to work reliably enough: I could inject foreign DLLs in running osu! like fps monitor and process tracker. But as far as I am not sufficiently knowledgeable here it would take a bunch of time to understand the whole process. From here on now, まかせる。

-->https://easyhook.github.io/<-- Link
ありがとう, that library does look pretty nice and should at least be able to handle the DLL injection process. I unfortunately also do not have a lot of free time, but I'll see if I can figure out all the details sometime.
Synthix-
Is it possible for a config to be loaded without any default values? Say for example, if you had four keybinds and when I loaded my config, it legit just removed the third key and spaced the fourth one out by 2 in the layout menu. Is there a way I can fix this interface problem upon it being loaded up through the config?
Topic Starter
Roan

Synth_ixz wrote:

Is it possible for a config to be loaded without any default values? Say for example, if you had four keybinds and when I loaded my config, it legit just removed the third key and spaced the fourth one out by 2 in the layout menu. Is there a way I can fix this interface problem upon it being loaded up through the config?
I'm not sure if I understand the problem. Loading a config should restore the state saved in that config file. There are no default values involved in this process. If you have a more specific example or a way to reproduce the issue I would be interested though.
nobully

Synth_ixz wrote:

Try just loading up the program without a config, making a new layout, and saving the config again with a different name. I've noticed it's a bit buggy in overwriting so just make sure it has a different name when saving.

Also, the way I load my configs is by making a shortcut to the program, and adding the config file's path to the shortcut's target path.

An example would be C:\path\to\program\KeysPerSecond-vX.exe "C:\path\to\config\config.kpsconfig"

It has to be in quotation marks for the config otherwise it might not work.
DEST-1
Thank You !! :D why not include this option in the game: O
Topic Starter
Roan

DEST-1 wrote:

Thank You !! :D why not include this option in the game: O
Glad you like it :) maybe some graphs will be added to lazer some day, we already have the input counter in game after all.
playerrobeats3
when i click on osu kps appears from behind
Topic Starter
Roan

playerrobeats3 wrote:

when i click on osu kps appears from behind
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean correctly. When overlay mode is enabled KeysPerSecond will attempt to stay on top of non-fullscreen applications. But I'm not sure what you mean by 'appears from behind'.
rekkriendo
i have it out on stream labs but it stops showing the key presses when i play in fullscreen. whenever I tab out of osu I shows the keys just fine, but when i go into osu its no Bueno
THAT_otaku

GeminiXYZ wrote:

i have it out on stream labs but it stops showing the key presses when i play in fullscreen. whenever I tab out of osu I shows the keys just fine, but when i go into osu its no Bueno
Did you give the Keys per second application its own capture? if youre just capturing the screen, then it will be behind osu, and therefore wont show up.
noodleee__
Hi, I know this is a stupid question but, how do I save it. When I press "Save Config" It seems to open a window that shows where to save it but all the folders don't seem to work. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
Topic Starter
Roan

noodleee__ wrote:

Hi, I know this is a stupid question but, how do I save it. When I press "Save Config" It seems to open a window that shows where to save it but all the folders don't seem to work. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
What you are saying should be correct. When you press "Save Config" a dialog should show where you can select a folder to save the config file to and optionally change the name of the file. Pressing "Save" should then save the config and show a confirmation dialog saying it was saved succesfully.

The save dialog should look something like this (open the spoiler box):

It sounds like something isn't working as intended for you, are you perhaps able to give any extra details that might help me track down the issue? Does the save dialog you see match up with the one I just posted?
Qbx33
hey this was great but just to let u know there is a scam website using ur exact photos to download some browser other than google on your pc thanks for this working one
Topic Starter
Roan

Qbx33 wrote:

hey this was great but just to let u know there is a scam website using ur exact photos to download some browser other than google on your pc thanks for this working one
Thanks for letting me know. I'm aware that a lot of sites are unfortunately rehosting my programs without my permission. Luckily, for most sites it's just an exact copy of the official version I release. However, some sites include unwanted program like you say, or worse, computer viruses. Unfortunately there is not much I can do about these sites, so I can only hope that people pay close attention to where they're downloading something :/
tkltyj
you cool and stuff but how can i see it in osu?
Topic Starter
Roan

tkltyj wrote:

you cool and stuff but how can i see it in osu?
If you're not running osu! in exclusive fullscreen mode then you can use the overlay mode setting. Overlay injection into a program running in exclusive fullscreen mode is currently not supported (see https://github.com/RoanH/KeysPerSecond/issues/28).
paper2222
how about being able to change the number manually?
Topic Starter
Roan

Paperzi wrote:

how about being able to change the number manually?
I assume you mean the number of counted key strokes, any specific reason for why this would be useful? If you want to persist your counts between sessions, then that's already possible.
Sighfour
how do you save configs?
Topic Starter
Roan

Sighfour wrote:

how do you save configs?
On the main screen there is a button on the right called 'save config'. Once the program is launched you can open the right click menu by clicking anywhere on the program and then navigate to the 'save / load' item, here is a 'save config' option as well.
Hell Ember
How can i reduce counts of press??
in other words i only want to show which i press, without showing counts of press.
Topic Starter
Roan

Hell Ember wrote:

How can i reduce counts of press??
in other words i only want to show which i press, without showing counts of press.
This is currently not possible, though I do have this on my todo list and it will most likely be supported in the next version.
osu_zack
how do i start it on mac
if i download the zip file all I get is a folder I don't get an application
Topic Starter
Roan

osu_zack wrote:

how do i start it on mac
Not sure where you got a zip file, for mac you need the ' Runnable Java Archive' download link which gives you a .jar file. After that you just need to run it with Java, which you'll need to install if you don't already have it. I would assume that you can just double click the .jar file if you have Java installed, but I don't own a mac so I'm not entirely sure.
osu_zack

Roan wrote:

osu_zack wrote:

how do i start it on mac
Not sure where you got a zip file, for mac you need the ' Runnable Java Archive' download link which gives you a .jar file. After that you just need to run it with Java, which you'll need to install if you don't already have it. I would assume that you can just double click the .jar file if you have Java installed, but I don't own a mac so I'm not entirely sure.
i tried it again and it worked with java thank uuuuu
Topic Starter
Roan

osu_zack wrote:

Roan wrote:

osu_zack wrote:

how do i start it on mac
i tried it again and it worked with java thank uuuuu
Nice!
show more