forum

List of mapping drama

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ledinax
Four months without dramas? My popcorn is gonna expire soon!
Ashton
There have been some. Let me update you on some with an edit just a sec.

Edit: here’s one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/928457

And another: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/918334/discussion/-/generalAll/pending
Topic Starter
abraker
Ayy finally something! Added
ColdTooth
hahahhahahah
MisakiTobisawa-
You motherfuckers have nothing better to do lol
Topic Starter
abraker
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/923321/discussion/1928135/general#/1300590 - BN claim sections of the map containing minijacks are diff spikes and need to be changed. Mapper affirms stance on pattern.
levesterz
I wonder what the true meanibg of difficult cuz some pattern maybe difficult for other and easy for the rest.
ColdTooth
play bias
johnmedina999

levesterz wrote:

Lol this dicussion thread

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ah yes, the discussion is truly a sight to see
Unpredictable
omg am i popular now?????
Endaris

Unpredictable wrote:

No, not enough oil.
Blitzfrog

Endaris wrote:

Unpredictable wrote:

No, not enough oillube.

Just like you last night
Unpredictable

Blitzfrog wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Unpredictable wrote:

No, not enough oillube.

Just like you last night

damn, sounds hot
KatouMegumi

Unpredictable wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Unpredictable wrote:

No, not enough oillube.

Just like you last night

damn, sotarks hot

Blitzfrog

KatouMegumi wrote:

Unpredictable wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Unpredictable wrote:

No, not enough oillube.

Just like you last night

damn, sotarks hot

I thought Sotarks was pretty warm tbh
ColdTooth
if you map for pp you should kys
Blitzfrog

ColdTooth wrote:

What if you got big pp?
ColdTooth
my pp comes from high quality, and not maps like chicken hair or ok dad
ColdTooth
Nate Bait

abraker wrote:

Mapper ends a note at the end to ensure the map has a minimum drain time of 0:30 seconds as required by ranking criteria. Oppositions to this ensue.
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/885878/discussion/-/generalAll#/889682

oh that's funny, i've played this map! it's ranked now >w<
Topic Starter
abraker
not intense drama, but still somewhat drama and very relevant
KatouMegumi

ColdTooth wrote:

couldn't agree more to this sentence.
Zelzatter Zero
I think you should add this too:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/740752/discussion/-/generalAll#/178643
Kisses reported the map, which was qualified at that time, using the meme song that's not "suitable content for the game at all".
Castagne
uhh this map is already on the list so why add it twice?
Zelzatter Zero

Castagne wrote:

uhh this map is already on the list so why add it twice?

maybe i skipped them
Sponchi
Topic Starter
abraker
new entry in a while!

beatmapsets/897884/discussion/-/generalAll#/1514685 - Map vetoed for underhitsounded section. Mapper refuses to add hitsounds and modders can't reach consenus. Mediation is triggered and veto upheld with questionable reasoning.
levesterz
Under hit sound is better than over hitsound
Even better is no hitsound at all.
levesterz
Which lead to the question define enough hitsound
V0lta
Ah yes, ye olde beef
Zelzatter Zero
Another drama guys!

beatmapsets/934576/discussion/-/generalAll#/1577482

Map being veto'd for having diffname of "Mama Mia!". Some say it's related to the song, some don't.
ColdTooth
So we're fucking vetoing over a fucking difficulty name that is legit with the song?

Well there goes every single one of my maps, now and into the future. Looks like Critical Hit is never going to get fucking ranked. /shrug
Penguin

ColdTooth wrote:

So we're fucking vetoing over a fucking difficulty name that is legit with the song?

Well there goes every single one of my maps, now and into the future. Looks like Critical Hit is never going to get fucking ranked. /shrug
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't allow the top diff of your map to be called "Critical Hit!" on a song called "Critical Hit"

I haven't been active in the mapping scene for a while, so I don't know if they've massively changed any of the rules, but if it's the same as before then you'll be fine.
ColdTooth

Penguin wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't allow the top diff of your map to be called "Critical Hit!" on a song called "Critical Hit"

I haven't been active in the mapping scene for a while, so I don't know if they've massively changed any of the rules, but if it's the same as before then you'll be fine.
I mean, I'd be surprised too, and I'd ultimately quit mapping tbh. This nonsensical bullshit of BNs disagreeing with one small little thing when everything else is perfectly fine, and then vetoing over it is literally fucking stupid.

God knows what happens if I end up finishing the 2 hour map project.
Topic Starter
abraker
Std ranking process is a circus holy shit
Dialect
are people really that sensitive over DIFF NAMES? first it was a background of 3 big tiddied girls, now maps get disqualified because of A FUCKING DIFF NAME? like what?
ColdTooth

MinNin wrote:

are people really that sensitive over DIFF NAMES? first it was a background of 3 big tiddied girls, now maps get disqualified because of A FUCKING DIFF NAME? like what?
the background one makes sense

but a fucking difficulty name? if it's really not relevant then yeah, but if it's atleast recognizable then like bruh moment
Ashton
Thankfully it looks like a lot of BNs are disagreeing with them.

Being this bothered by a diffname is kind of ridiculous. It does nothing to deter the quality of the map and was even proven to have some resemblance to the song.

I honestly believe a diffname can be whatever the fuck it wants to be as long as it isnt breaking any rule. Its the top diff of a set, it is allowed to have a custom name. It gives the mapper creative liberty that, again, doesn’t do anything to the quality of the map.

They should decide to stop the mediation so the set can get on its way, but regardless of all of the negative output they have received, they wish to still continue with the mediation?? At this point they are just trying to waste the mappers time, as well as all of the people who have to sift through the entire shitwad of a conversation to give their vote on the veto mediation.
levesterz
This is why std map dont have creativity.xd
show more