MAXIMUM THE HORMONE - A-L-I-E-N

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akitoshi

What's This?
-Sh1n1-

Genjuro wrote:

nice map, i like the concept used where the map is ugly to go with the ugly song, gl with rank
wtf dude, this song is pure love, I hear it when I want to sleep :3 anyways /me grabs popcorn
Kawashiro

Akitoshi wrote:

What's This?
owo
Kynan

Xexxar wrote:

This isnt how this rule works. You're hopelessly below this maps difficulty and a brand new beatmap nominator. If you think you're exempt from this rule simply because the difficulty is "only jumps and high bpm" you're incorrect.

Reconsider your actions.
Well fuck, this coming from a guy who speed ranks trash jump maps for the sole reason of being the highest SR TV size map out there (and you probably can't even clear your map as well), is painful to read.
Ekoro
this should be nuked
nextplay

Ekoro wrote:

this should be nuked
Nah
fat pear
i love alins
-Makishima S-

Hobbes2 wrote:

This isn't actually true, lol. Community voice matters a lot. Monstrata did respond to everyone that had a specific concern, which is why I was confident in pushing this forward.

EDIT - Just want to point out that I don't want to involve myself in drama (I didn't bubble this map to start a fight, I did it because I think it deserves to be ranked) so I'm not going to respond to any posts that aren't relevant to the map itself from now.
Responding to people concerns doesn't negate community negative feedback towards map.
As I said - if something is right with ranking criteria and doesn't break guidelines, it is perfectly rankable.
Community feedback have nothing to do in this case. Only thing what people can do is play it as qualified and vote 1 star at the end.

Don't mix "community feedback" as reaction of majority towards certain event with "feedback about map" in term of modding.
Gokateigo

Ekoro wrote:

this should be nuked
yes, Loctav help us please
Fiachra
This thread is hilarious
MagicDragon
Clearly the only solution is to revoke every single BN's rights and start from scratch by giving BN permissions to all the salty 5 and 6 digit players who madpost about maps that give high PP while not being able to make a decent map themselves.

You know, because self important contrarian nerds are so much better at judging beatmap than players who have been active in the mapping community for a while.

Also really gotta love the in-fighting in the BN group, that's really appropriate to have in a public forum instead of a private discussion.

(in all seriousness though, the incivility really needs to go)
Vivyanne
Guys can we stop the discussion, it's not going to bring us anywhere at the moment. Best is to mod it during qualified to get it DQd and have the process reset each time.

Just let Monstrata inflate his ego a little more and move on, no one will look at this map after a month or so. It doesn't leave up for enough fun or unique experience during gameplay so no actual player in the right mind will play this again.

note this is a meme dont take this too seriously
hlanden
There we go once again

/me grabs popcorn and sits near the other guy with it
Tomsonas

Kynan wrote:

Xexxar wrote:

This isnt how this rule works. You're hopelessly below this maps difficulty and a brand new beatmap nominator. If you think you're exempt from this rule simply because the difficulty is "only jumps and high bpm" you're incorrect.

Reconsider your actions.
Well fuck, this coming from a guy who speed ranks trash jump maps for the sole reason of being the highest SR TV size map out there (and you probably can't even clear your map as well), is painful to read.
welcome back to Osu kynan, glad to have you here for the daily unwarranted salt
Gokateigo

MagicDragon wrote:

Clearly the only solution is to revoke every single BN's rights and start from scratch by giving BN permissions to all the salty 5 and 6 digit players who madpost about maps that give high PP while not being able to make a decent map themselves.
You're 96k, you have 4 pending tv size maps from 11 days ago, your opinion is shit, you have no experience in mapping

+we don't flame the map because of pp (I don't even know how much pp is this shit), it's just an unplayable shitmap with ugly patterns because "lol metal is disgusting anime is better so I'll shitmap this and push it to ranked because a lot of BNs suck my dick"
Hpocks
Hobbes did nothing wrong!!!
Yuii-
May I qualify this? I find myself very proficient of doing such job! I will be pleased if you would allo-

Oh...

:(
Kagetsu
hi

i'm vetoing this because i think it doesn't fit the ranked section, this map has proven to be unplayable while being in the loved section and it's pretty clear that even though people can pass it, its playability is far from being acceptable.
i do agree that the map concept is cool and i liked how you managed to structure your irregular shapes to represent the tougher sections of the music, but at the same time, i dislike how overdone the map is. you might be thinking that distance is subjective, and there's no limit to express the song intensity, which is in part true. what most of people would agree with, though, is that 280~ bpm full screen jumps aren't approachable even for the top part of the playerbase.

Hobbes2 wrote:

I'd respond with the fact that this map in itself isn't actually that complex. The difficulty itself comes from the high bpm + jumps more than anything. The play-ability concerns I had were addressed in my mod.
i find this argument really basic because everything can be treated as "jumps" or "streams" or whatever thing that comes to your mind. under those ways of thinking, we could promote 500 bpm streams as official content because it would be a very basic stream at 500 bpm (i'm obviously exaggerating for the sake of making the explanation clearer) maps are meant to be played after all.

nothing more to add i guess.
Gokateigo
I love you, finnally a good bn who does his job
Shmiklak
lol, vetoing map just because it's unplayable, then let's unrank all Mazzerin's maps.
Natsu
@Kagetsu can you be more specific pls or atleast point out the issues you have with the map?
Tarrasky
Loved when?
Trost
this map has proven to be unplayable while being in the loved section and it's pretty clear that even though people can pass it, its playability is far from being acceptable.

lol what
Gordon123

Gokateigo wrote:

I love you, finnally a good bn who does his job
niхуia тi рeт@рD
Weber
It never ends
ErunamoJAZZ
keep it in Loved please >.<
Ariana_old_1
At this rate we'll be in 2020 and this map will still be trying for ranked.
Nao Tomori
uh. this argument is kind of strange and not really a valid reasoning imo.

consider that throughout osu's history, players have been constantly improving.
remember this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/1173 was once considered very difficult, and is now more or less trivial.
similarly, freedom dive was mapped under the premise of being impossible to pass, and here we are with numerous fcs on it.
a bit ago, ephemeralfetish attempted to rank the empress, an 8.78 star map which was also ridiculously hard to play, containing 270 bpm deathstreams; you supported it.
not to mention promethean kings like... exists. which is, as we can see from the leaderboard on that one, significantly harder than this map; one of the highest plays is a 65% acc pass done entirely by mashing.

aside from the fact that this argument has been proven again and again to be invalid in rankability, you didn't really suggest any solutions. should he just nerf the ending ("ending") jumps from being fullscreen? he's already done that, but are they not nerfed enough? is the concept of a high sr 280 bpm map inherently unrankable? please elaborate so he has the opportunity to respond rather than just being slammed into a brick wall that says "too hard, vetoed, bye."
Realazy

Gokateigo wrote:

You're 96k, you have 4 pending tv size maps from 11 days ago, your opinion is shit, you have no experience in mapping

+we don't flame the map because of pp (I don't even know how much pp is this shit), it's just an unplayable shitmap with ugly patterns because "lol metal is disgusting anime is better so I'll shitmap this and push it to ranked because a lot of BNs suck my dick"
you're 69k with 2 pending maps, don't act like you're even remotely good enough at mapping nor playing to be able to judge this

if it is so unplayable and shitty, how about you mod it or explain why you feel that way other than saying "it's ugly so it must be bad!!"
Left
i hated this map before, but now i support this map lol
Weber
Potentially first Beatmap thread to reach 1k posts? You decide!
Illkryn
fun map gl

:)
I Must Decrease
edit: dont silence me
sahuang
I think a major difference between a 500bpm long stream (or even a stream with 32 circles) and the difficult parts of this map is that every part of this map is proved to be FCable while its almost impossible to fc a 500bpm stream with one hand two fingers......
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Kagetsu wrote:

hi

i'm vetoing this because i think it doesn't fit the ranked section, this map has proven to be unplayable while being in the loved section and it's pretty clear that even though people can pass it, its playability is far from being acceptable.
i do agree that the map concept is cool and i liked how you managed to structure your irregular shapes to represent the tougher sections of the music, but at the same time, i dislike how overdone the map is. you might be thinking that distance is subjective, and there's no limit to express the song intensity, which is in part true. what most of people would agree with, though, is that 280~ bpm full screen jumps aren't approachable even for the top part of the playerbase.

Hobbes2 wrote:

I'd respond with the fact that this map in itself isn't actually that complex. The difficulty itself comes from the high bpm + jumps more than anything. The play-ability concerns I had were addressed in my mod.
i find this argument really basic because everything can be treated as "jumps" or "streams" or whatever thing that comes to your mind. under those ways of thinking, we could promote 500 bpm streams as official content because it would be a very basic stream at 500 bpm (i'm obviously exaggerating for the sake of making the explanation clearer) maps are meant to be played after all.

nothing more to add i guess.
Ca you tell me how this map has been demonstrated unrankable while it was Loved? Because all those A scores with over 93% acc say otherwise... Vaxei even passed this map on DT. If Loved is any indicator, it's an indicator that people can actually play the map so yes, I really do appreciate you giving more details about your veto, and at least which areas you think require work. The map isn't overdone in any way, if you disagree please point them out. I am ranking this map because of the concept, not because I want to rank the hardest map in the game, that was over a long time ago, and you've even nominated maps with a higher star rating (and the same bpm) as this.

Also 280 bpm jumps is very much approachable to top players. You really underestimate people's skill. Look at all the DT plays we have. In any case, I know you don't want to wallmod, but give me which areas are prompting you to veto, or at least tell me that I can counter the veto simply by asking another BN to nominate.
Booze
who would want something different in the ranked section like people always want, people much prefer anime tv sizes in there.
Vanilla
ill just remind you guys that promethean kings is ranked and it has very few passes

//800 post xd

<3
Shmiklak
I think everyone can make mistake, so imo Kagetsu should remove his veto because he didn't provide any really valid reason. Sad that I amn't a member of BNG, I would nominate this. And yeah, 800th post hooray :roll:
Gokateigo

Realazy wrote:

you're 69k with 2 pending maps, don't act like you're even remotely good enough at mapping nor playing to be able to judge this

if it is so unplayable and shitty, how about you mod it or explain why you feel that way other than saying "it's ugly so it must be bad!!"
I have a shit ton of non submitted maps and a few gds so stfu ?
Mini Gaunt

M a r v o l l o wrote:

I think everyone can make mistake, so imo Kagetsu should remove his veto because he didn't provide any really valid reason. Sad that I amn't a member of BNG, I would nominate this. And yeah, 800th post hooray :roll:
Yeah, I think this veto was uncalled for especially without any reason given but because Kagetsu thinks it is too hard for top players.
And you got sniped on that 800th post real good.
show more