forum

Your first video game in general?

posted
Total Posts
show more
NarixuZen
The first game I ever played was Valkyria Chronicles on PS, I don't remember if it was that, or it was just one of the first ever games.
Endaris
We had some cringy old olympic games simulator on floppy for Win98. We mainly played the winter edition though and our main objective was to throw the bob sledders out of the bobsled run. I guess that's my first. Didn't play it that often though.
Next was Pokemon Red and I guess this actually managed it to ruin my life x)
azkielt
It was Mortal Kombat Trilogy when i was 5 years old
Nayru-chan00
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Know Wonder. First started playing when I was like 4 or 5. Sadly, these games damaged two of my PCs. Almost a decade later, I played HP:CoS that I got from a safer source on my old desktop computer from 2005 (to clarifly, I have two laptops and a desktop PC) and it instantly took me back into my early childhood. I remember rage quitting, graphical glitches, maybe some glitching to the start-up map etc. But I also remember how funny some animations were (yes, I am talking about the animations of gnomes :D ), the beautiful (at the time) water textures and of course, that beatiful soundtrack! However, there are still some things in the game that I came to appreciate over the years.
Foliz
Damn.. this brings back memories. It has to be.. *sigh* Boby Bola, an educational kids game. Played it back in 2005. Then there's Harvest Moon Back to Nature. Probably my first game i ever fell in love with. Played it when PSP was booming. Finally, Street Fighters 4. Played it back in 2009. For some reason my dad allows me to play it. 3 of those games makes me addicted to games.
SilverBlade128
Super Mario Bros.
Zain Sugieres
GTA III
Somegras
Spongebob and the battle for bikini bottom.
Valskiel
PEPSIMAN!!!!
Yocake
Contra~/
y6Ep-K0T
Quake 1, which I started playing when I was 5 or so
deckialord
For me it was Super Mario Land and that was when i was around 9.

And for PC It was maplestory(I was 12 at the time and still play it to this very day)
gtsaplayer
STALKER SoC and CS when i was like 7 :v But yeah they were the first MINE games that I bought :v Which game i played first? I dunno man i dunno but i know that when i was small (prob 4 years old) i was downloading MOHPA Demo (my dad was uninstalling it everyday lel), installing MDK2 from CD that i found and playing Kao The Kangaroo 2 from some magazine CD. Great times :D

CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE EVERYDAY :P
Nitrous
Half-Life (and other Valve titles with 1 in it)
Smart_Z
I think it was Super Smash Bros. Like the original one.
YTYuyu
Need For Speed: High Stakes. that game holds a special place in my heart as it got me into cars :D
Ryuo
The first game I remember playing was Jazz Jackrabbit. I still can't forget how much fun I had playing it with my brother :)
kherthy
Super Mario Bros, but my mom was playing instead of me cos i was so bad XD. But my very first game i played and i was good at was contra.
Lincher
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
;)
Adorn
If we're just counting games that I played head on and not just watched my mother or brother play, it was Pokemon! Stole my brother's Color.

Edit: actually I think it was final fantasy on the old ass comp my grandma had
Lol
Magnowser
Dungeon Keeper , the first Game I ever played since I touched a Computer for the first time.

iirc , it was made in 1996 . a Good year for a awesome creative game ~ <3
Chaosemerald
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning for Nintendo DS.

But the first game I've ever played was either Varmintz or Bookworm. I used to spend so much time playing those old 1 hour trial games, you could download from the internet back in the days
_Hatsumi
I guess it's Playstation 1's Winning Eleven
Mints
It's probably metal slug on ps2
- Jade -
I wish I was joking...

This was the first game I remember getting when I got my DS (it was the first gaming console I had).
DeletedUser_8068229
-
o x
I don't remember which was first, I either play Spyro first or the first Sly Copper.
MrAdamson45
has to be Halo 4 for me.
DeletedUser_7932812
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. It was the first game console I got;
-Requiem-
Mario.
Luqanted
arcade games. does that count lol

if its a video game then it gotta be ps1 games
Ilham
pinball
Fellow
Quake 3 Arena
Runiel
Spider Solitare
Caput Mortuum
Age of mythology
Plays with 5 allies against 1 enemy
Good times
Obiwan
Tekken 3 for PlayStation2
Risosufea-
Phone= maybe Snake , space impact, or bantumi? i forget it, but its on Nokia 3310
PC = maybe Minesweeper? damn, so much memories , at that time i beat the game . or maybe pinball?
sluglord
mine was either spyro or crash bandicoot for the ps1. good times.
Topic Starter
-Savage-
Wow this topic is still going?! Wow! Can't believe this! KEEP POSTING PEOPLE! :D
MrAdamson45
for me (i have to thank my friend for this), halo 4 co-op campaign.
roshan117
either wii sports or nintendogs: labrador on ds
Aries
Jet set radio future, good times.
Smokk
Age of Empires and Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit
PoisonedHero
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Rwyta
JackBezarius18
Contra :3
Peronsoda
iceclimbers maybe? cant really remember :f
im sure that the first games i played was on a nes though ^^
wiken
Snake on Nokia phones.
Lonzy_old
Age of Empires 4lyf

totally awsome strategy game
Momochuuan21
Harvest Moon:Back To Nature
anyway i miss my farm so much :(
andriactivator
dota
clover
I don't remember the actual title of the game, but it was on a leapfrog. I'm not sure if they even sell those anymore.
WavePoint
Minecraft...

I regret it now.
Kovo
I believe my first game was the Shark Tales game that came with the Nintendo GameCube that I got on xmas day.

To this day I have yet to beat the rhythm game portion.
Rio-
Tetris (on Arcade)
F-1 Race (on NES)

Either one of these, back then in '99. Played quite a lot of Arcade and NES games back then...
Asami Anny
Resident Evil 1
Azerith
The Original Power Rangers for the gameboy colour

Man was that the bomb
Sayorie
Contra on the NES. My mom was a master of games (from NES to PS3), and she trained me to memorize every enemy and pattern in Contra and finally did a no-lives-lost run with her.
lovetap
Kyrari
The earliest game I remembered is me trying House of the Dead 1 while I was still a 4yo (idk when exactly, young enough to not understand click is to shoot), holy sh8 it gives me bad dreams back then and I don't even fucking dare to click or see the icon until years later.
Zygfryd reinn1
I think CONTRA, but in childhood i played a lot san andreas (which im still doing)
Supairo
I remember it almost clearly, it was Spyro the Dragon (the first one) on PS1. I played it almost all the time when I was young. Like, really young.

A bit of story: I remember that one day my PS1 fell on the floor (I don't remember exactly how). The console was fine, but the disk inside... not so much. If you guessed it, it was Spyro 1. And so I only had Spyro 2 & 3 while I had to wait for a new copy. I was so happy when I got it again, I played it until I finished the game. Even today, it remains my favorite game of all time.

Also some of the enemies in this game were scary at the time (I'm looking at you 3-1 Alpine Ridge, 3-2 High Caves, 4-2 Misty Bog and 5-1 Dark Passage).

Also, French voices.
Luminoose
Pokemon Ruby. Never got very far with it due to it being a bootlegged copy, and it belonged to my sister but dang was it fun for 8 year old me.
Keep
tbh this goes way back but I'm pretty sure it was those home ddr games
ZenitH-AT
Space Impact on my old blokia
LEMEME123
The first game I actually remember playing was Sonic Heros on the PS4
LEMEME123
I meant PS2
Foxtrot
AoE II
Pachiru
It was Age of Empire I think, or Sonic the Edgehog on SEGA Megadrive, I don't remember :o
Forever_
Wii Sports
My actual first video game ever played was that
Nitrous
Half-Life

fite me
Edgar_Figaro
Well if we are just going by first game I ever played I don't remember as I played games at freinds house and such before my parents ever bought me my first game console.

First game for a console owned was super mario World.

First computer game was the original Myst
Booze
I don't really remember the first video game I ever played since I start playing video games at a very early age.

I think it could be Halo 1 since my brothers have told me stories about how they'd give me a controller that was not even plugged into the Xbox and I thought I was playing the game with them.
Surono
Contra (NES)
iTougenkyou
The first video game I can remember playing is NES Duck Hunt. Omg does that make me old? :o
kai99
nintendo ds lite
idk which game.. I had a r4 chip.. so

tho my first ever pc game was league
BW20
My first video game was Sonic the hedgehog when i was 5 years old, then i started playing games more frecuently.
It's a really old game, but it will always be one of the best games i've ever played in my life :D
svetlisnake78
my first game was DOOM 2

and yes i was of those kids
Astronaut
Chinese Paladin, Old school RPG.
Comfy Slippers
mario allstars (SNES) and fifa 98 (SNES)

first PC game simpsons hit & run
cobaltboyX
First video game... I think it was legend of zelda minish cap gba
Truly a classic of the loz series
Lixar
My first videogame was Super Mario Bros for NES.
Alysia_old_1
Pokemon Yellow
yea
Crash Bandicoot / Sly Cooper
[Maid] NekoRyo
Harvest Moon GB
_sparky_
I think mine was smash bros melee? I remember playing it when i was a lot younger.
[Mustard]
Tetris

Hi mom :D
raechel
Super Mario Land for the original GameBoy. My cousin's gameboy.

He had to babysit 3yo me, and ofc he gave me his gameboy with SML and ignored me. I didn't know what to do with it so I mashed random buttons until it glitched in my hands (one thing I can clearly remember were the palmtrees that got replaced with mario heads for example) and eventually the game fried.

Including the cartridge and the gameboy.

That's what he gets for leaving a 3yo unattended LUL
Megumj
Super Mario Bros 64
Hopeofdespair
Tekken. Forgot which one tho.
starkan
i played alot of games on ps2. dont remember which was first, but the most memorable one was age of empires 2, so lets say that one was first. on pc it was world of warcraft wrath of the lich king
Hikona
It's Rayman 3 in Ps2
Zekks
the earliest I can think of is probably wii sports
Dustytuft
Duck Hunt
ChipFuu
Wizard of Wor on the Commodore 64
raszka
Super Mario Bros I guess, the old one.
Ender Lain
GTA2 (PS1)

bird-eye view gameplay :lol:
felipon2233
Maybe Super Mario 64,Conker's bad fur day (lul),Command & Conquer,Donkey Kong (1-3 SNES)
TishaBob
My first video game that got me into video games was probably MarioKart Wii...but my first ever may have been Wii sports...or maybe even the original Tetris which my dad showed me...
Murdurcow
Starcraft
pokemon leaf green
maplestory
Weird combo but yep :D
show more