forum

Why you aren't improving at osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rehantion
For me.. Improving hard diff to insane diff is kinda hard.
Idk why, but sometimes i play insane diff i got good perform, and sometimes got a really really bad perform.
Baka94

Rehantion wrote:

Idk why, but sometimes i play insane diff i got good perform, and sometimes got a really really bad perform.
Have you tried "warming up" before moving insane diff? When you start playing, play 30-60 min hard diffs (or longer if needed) to warm up and then start moving towards insane diffs. Another big help is sitting right and using headphones (removes surrounding distractions such as keyboard mashing sounds). I have noticed that if I sit right (not leaning back or hunched over), I can perform better. Another thing is that you need to sit in a high enough chair to be able to have your shoulders relaxed and try to have your wrists straight. These have helped me, so try them and see if they are helping (of course you might not see the effects right away).
DeathHydra

Rehantion wrote:

Don't look at difficulty name. Look at star rating instead.

Some insane diffs have low star rating so they might be easier than other insane diffs
Baka94

Baka94 wrote:

EDIT: Okay, I haven't recovered yet. My hand started hurting after playing one ~3 min map in a multiplayer (~3.5* probably) :/
Still same thing going on after 5 days of not playing osu! Should I start to be worried about this? :?
Endaris
Visit a doctor for clarity?
NanShanker69
There is no tricks that make you better. You just have to invest a lot of time into the game.
Spooky_Myon
Interestingly for me, the only case I am facing is squares. Somehow I always fail at that no matter what method i try lol.
Mahogany
Because you're looking at them as a pattern

You need to see them as individual point-to-point jumps and it gets a lot easier
Endaris
Or you just develop good muscle memory for the pattern "square".
Looking at multiple circles as patterns helps tremendously with reading.
Rather take that advice as "don't aim for the last note of the square before you hit the other ones".
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

You need to see them as individual point-to-point jumps and it gets a lot easier
I actually find it a lot easier to look at a square pattern as a square rather than 4 circles.
But i still get better results when bothering with each note individually so...i dont even know anymore...
Spooky_Myon

Endaris wrote:

Or you just develop good muscle memory for the pattern "square".
Looking at multiple circles as patterns helps tremendously with reading.
Rather take that advice as "don't aim for the last note of the square before you hit the other ones".

Tried that before, rather kind of worse as I don't have those kind of brain reflex, and even worse when the direction of the square changes.

Mahogany wrote:

I never see them as a pattern neither do i bother to, i always see things far apart as a 'jump' only, triangle or square.
FlutterDashXIII
Hay, thanks for the tips buddy, that helped a lot.
I put to the test that stream and slider thing and boy is it hard, but i did notice a BIG difference
(i can do a song that i couldn't do before because of a big f4k!ng stream, yay ^w^)
anyway thank you so much x3
Another Guy
I still can't get better after read this :(
Yuudachi-kun

Another Guy wrote:

I still can't get better after read this :(

Did you actually play or did you read a book and expect to get better
dGeist
Is there any way to prevent my mouse hand from stiffening up when doing beatmaps that lasts for 3 min or more without breaks?
Deva

dGeist wrote:

Is there any way to prevent my mouse hand from stiffening up when doing beatmaps that lasts for 3 min or more without breaks?
Play more and everything will get fixed. except mouse drift, that stays forever
Baka94
Do you think that playing maps that are too difficult to beat with No Fail would help improving? Of course not going from 4,5* to 7*, but something that you could beat after some practice.
Deva

Baka94 wrote:

Do you think that playing maps that are too difficult to beat with No Fail would help improving? Of course not going from 4,5* to 7*, but something that you could beat after some practice.
Imo it helps if you are playing maps that you can get decent acc one. It obviously wont help at all if what you are doing is simply a spam fest.
QueenKeara

a loli wrote:

it always disturbs me that people capitalise the o on osu!
same
Baka94

HK_ wrote:

It obviously wont help at all if what you are doing is simply a spam fest.
Yeah, obviously not like that :D
Half time probably helps with maps with complicated object order. One I have trouble with is two short sliders and then a circle. This map has a lot of them during the drop. Another one is a stack with a short slider at the end and immediately a new stack after it. I guess this is because I'm used to starting stacks and streams with my index finger and the slider usually falls on that finger and I need to start the next stack with middle finger and it messes me up ^^'

Now to next thing:
Would playing songs with fast streams be good way to learn to stream faster? I can do short fast streams (~5 circles) just fine, but longer ones I usually fall behind (slower streams I can do pretty long ones quiet easily). Another odd thing is that in some songs I can stream better than in others regardless of them having same tempo. At the moment I'm trying to get streams in ~175 BPM maps at least somewhat consistent (speed wise).
sktzz
I think you need to edit the OP because someone has SS'd The Big Black.
Mahogany
m8 I doubt the post is gonna get edited
DeathHydra

sktzz wrote:

I think you need to edit the OP because someone has SS'd The Big Black.
Please read carefully.
Nobody in the history of osu! has ever gotten an SS on The Big Black, Scarlet Rose, (insert other hard maps) on the FIRST DAY they ever played osu!
on the FIRST DAY they ever played osu!
craig57836
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
b&
NanShanker69
Nice work fam
Hibiya-chan

DeathAdderz wrote:

Nobody in the history of osu! has ever gotten an SS on The Big Black, Scarlet Rose, (insert other hard maps) on the FIRST DAY they ever played osu!
^^^^^ I'd kill myself if someone were actually able to do that on the first try (Excluding Multi Acc's of course).
Miyazaki_old_1
NICE WORK! Thank you
Sandy Hoey
TLDR. git gud
Although I can say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and even got a good laugh out of it.
Flami
Everything stated here is so true. Kinda funny too.
Hydra48
Over the past 5 days, I've randomly ran into a problem, where I "let go" on around 50% of sliders, as if I'm not putting enough pressure on my keys or something, (It feels like my fingers are sliding off the keys sometimes) but no matter what I do I cannot fix it... Does anyone have any sort of idea for me?
Xyrus_old_1

MasterChris488 wrote:

Over the past 5 days, I've randomly ran into a problem, where I "let go" on around 50% of sliders, as if I'm not putting enough pressure on my keys or something, (It feels like my fingers are sliding off the keys sometimes) but no matter what I do I cannot fix it... Does anyone have any sort of idea for me?
If you're using a rubberdome, try switching keys regularly. They stiffen up with use, but will unstiffen if you leave them alone for a while.
Hydra48

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

MasterChris488 wrote:

If you're using a rubberdome, try switching keys regularly. They stiffen up with use, but will unstiffen if you leave them alone for a while.
it has nothing to do with that since, the problem persists whenever I change keys... It has something to do with the way I'm clicking, but no matter what I do I cant find a way to fix it
Xyrus_old_1

MasterChris488 wrote:

it has nothing to do with that since, the problem persists whenever I change keys... It has something to do with the way I'm clicking, but no matter what I do I cant find a way to fix it
Try changing your hands position then, otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
Hydra48

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

MasterChris488 wrote:

Try changing your hands position then, otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
Okay thank you!
[ S T A R ]
Any Tips on streaming?
Hacccchan
this helped, thx
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Gliscorus wrote:

My rank does not matter. My skill is proven through my gameplay, and not the rank I have achieved.
nice meme
Jinn
pretty sure there was already a thread about this from ages ago
Jesper
tl;dr
Rank does not matter
Your fun does.
show more