forum

What is your opinion on the new forum design?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Houtarou Oreki
In my opinion this:

Is much better than this:
Yuii-
How to take a screenshot, hooooly HAHHAHA
Houtarou Oreki

Yuii- wrote:

How to take a screenshot, hooooly HAHHAHA

it gives a better feeling of how it actually looks ;w; whatever, shitposting is normal here I guess
Mahogany
I dislike the new forum design
Exa
I still can't find the search bar. Either I am blind or there is not one o.o
Seijiro
Apparently, I can't find it either yet, so there is none I guess.

What I noticed just now is how you diferentiate the thread listing and the posts on threads: in every thread we have infinite scroll from first post till the last while in the various subforums (ie. FR, G&R and so on) there still is the normal pagination.
Is this intended to be like this? Becuase imo this is what makes it still weird to have the infinite scroll for someone (at least for me)
sify11
i like it, loooks good, works good, so its good.
7ambda
It seems to take longer to load pages such as the beatmap listing, compared to the one on the current website.
peppy
No shit.. because it's running on a tiny server and is still under heavy development.
XinCrin
The only thing that I don't like now is the quality of beatmap background preview. It's not the best but I hope it will be fixed

Pawsu
It'll be smoother and more swift after the general move happens. It's still in works!
-Atri-
Is it just me or the audio preview is gone from mobile site?

Also, why we can't hide our favorite maps on profile like using a spoilerbox? It takes so long to scroll.
Celektus
I personaly don't realy like the Blur

kitashirakawa1
First of all, what i like is the whole design and its features. Since the new design of webpage is unique however, it consumes huge amount of RAM for long periods of browsing and may causes lags on other opened programs (maybe some users has 2gb ram or below experienced this). Especially on mobile devices. i tested it on my iPhone, the mobile design is good however, it feels kinda laggy when scrolling.
dionzz99
i just noticed that mania and taiko icon are swtiched
Novalogic
Visually it's looking good, but i guess i'm just more used to the old (current) one. Also it's lagging but i guess it's to be expected on test server.
Soby
I kinda like it but it still needs some improvement on the layers placing.
We still gota wait till we get an alpha/beta version of it but i mainly like it
braedo
As a pretty new user, I was a little put off by the homepage and its design since it's in an older style. The new forums (and other pages such as profile) look much better in contrast. Since I've never had a long period of time to habituate to the current/old pages, the newer designs look great in my opinion.

One thing I did notice is that there is no account settings button in the new design (or I completely missed it). But I'm sure that this is known and on the to-do list.

Overall, I like all of the pages from a visual standpoint quite a bit.
wajinshu
looks good but I don't like the blur
nakanotsu nimi
i don't like the blur on the beatmaps page, everything else is outstandingly good
Supairo
... Best "No results found" message ever.

I don't know why everyone dislikes the blur on the beatmaps page, I personally don't mind it that much. The only thing that bothers me for the moment is the low quality of the pictures. I suppose this will be fixed soon. Everything else looks nice.
Trost

peppy wrote:

No shit.. because it's running on a tiny server and is still under heavy development.
Damn so saltyyy

But honestly it doesn't matter if it's slow. I really like the new website design and I am just so confused on to why so many people hate it? I remember when it first came out and then this forum came out and it had so many negative feedback. I guess some people just can't appreciate new things...
gintoki147
I dislike the sans-serif font used for the forum messages.
It seems really out of place compared to everything else. D:
peppy
We opted for this because the font used everywhere else is shockingly unreadable for long prose. That said, I believe we are still looking for a font that suits the osu! style better, just haven't settled on one yet!
Redon
Kert
Thread covers are waayyy too huge (half of the screen, seriously?)
I don't remember the last time I checked new design, but I feel this thing became even bigger
Sailor Mercury
I really like the new forum design; I would probably have no objections to always use it, because everything fits on my screen. Though, my monitor has a much higher resolution than most computers are capable of projecting. So I couldn't say the same for every one else. Maybe adding a setting to make the thread area shrink to fit people's screens more properly could improve the overall feedback.

I actually shrunk my resolution from 1440 -> 1080 and I don't really see anything too negative about the size, maybe aside from the fact that you still can't see as many posts on your screen on 1080p. I really don't think this is a problem, though. But not everyone has the money to make sure their computers can properly run QHD/UHD. :?

I also like how much more you can customize your own user page. As well as the page jump function and how it displays as kind of like a loading bar.
Houtarou Oreki
Imo it's seriously too wide. I mean, "usable space" is like 2.35:1 on a 16:9 monitor because of the bars at top and bottom (or I'm just used to every other website).

and it's mostly empty space but it surely will get dealt with