forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
IamBaum
This looks really nice, do you also have any plans to include more game modes in the future?
Sieg
So, it calculates only maps where I'm in top 50?
Multtari

Sieg wrote:

So, it calculates only maps where I'm in top 50?
Apparently since you can't just poop out correct values without API info from the plays which is limited to top 50.

It only seems to have calculated my very old top 50 scores but not newer ones. Bug or are the scores still being processed?
Yousei
What if it could calculate other mode...
Ciuriya
This is a nice concept, but why aren't you using /api/get_user_best from peppy's api?
It can get a player's top 100 best plays which, imo, is a much better indication of skill than top 50 scores.
Topic Starter
Kert

Multtari wrote:

It only seems to have calculated my very old top 50 scores but not newer ones. Bug or are the scores still being processed?
Currently we're using a bit dated Top 50 scores database, that is why. I'll make an updater soon

Smc wrote:

This is a nice concept, but why aren't you using /api/get_user_best from peppy's api?
It can get a player's top 100 best plays which, imo, is a much better indication of skill than top 50 scores.
Because this is not based on PP at all
I'll think about adding these results there too though
qoot8123

IamBaum wrote:

This looks really nice, do you also have any plans to include more game modes in the future?
same here. hope it will have other game modes
Flanster
>.tk

Good stuff you got goin but... how accurate can this be?
[224]Reol
how think about CTB?
im ctb user
pls call me if you want advice haha

i waiting ctb OwO
[224]Reol

how about change interface? :D
A... pentagon... line... color... *&%#
i think that... this interface seems more appropriatede
Trent
i like 224's idea for interface.
Kimitakari

224dj wrote:

how about change interface? :D
Support!
Mofu kun
having a space in your name generates an error and _ must be used.

edit: im not sure if it occurs only on first time loading of the username, but there was an error screen that showed up when i typed in my name with a space the first time.

It's working fine now with a space in it.
Endaris

224dj wrote:

I think this is a stupid idea. This kind of graphic approach only makes sense if you can assume correlations between neighbored skills and exclude the existence of correlations for non-neighbored skills.
This isn't some Pokemon-game where you can artificially push the stat for your Pokemon's coolness and where it doesn't matter that neighboring stats don't have a correlation.
And if we don't want to assume easy correlations like this we should either make it more simple or more complicated than this.

Oh no, abraker is on this *runs* :D
abraker

Endaris wrote:

Oh no, abraker is on this *runs* :D
I work behind the scenes, advising Kert so that everything makes sense as well as fix bugs here and there. It's up to Kert's final decision to use my ideas or not.
Granger
Well, it seems like Agility is about every top ranked player's best skill... Not sure what i expected.
B1rd
Rucker is better than Hvick in every attribute but aim.
Minhtam
Well, gee. Either you need to change up some of your variables or I am the most imbalanced player in the game.

Topic Starter
Kert
Don't worry, this will be tweaked appropriately
The Gambler
Can we include people that are not in the top 50?

For some reason this is what mine looks like...
Endaris

The Gambler wrote:

Can we include people that are not in the top 50?

For some reason this is what mine looks like...
Get good
It's about Top50 scores on a map, not about top50 players. Seemingly you never got on a scoreboard. http://osustats.ppy.sh/
Topic Starter
Kert
Top 100 scores are supported now!
Endaris
Nice.
The Accuracy stuff looks really weird though.

I figured out:
The number provided when clicking on the detailed overview for your accuracy-rating is the maximum amount of points assigned to the map. This number seems to cap at 795 for OD10.
There is some sort of weightage for the scores as my final points are lower than my best result(I know it cause SS).
A maximum of 100 maps is shown in the detailed overview.
OD has a heavy influence on Accuracy points(Up to ~20% increase) while vision-impairing mods (HDFL) both don't.
Qualified maps aren't included in the search.
Actual pattern difficulty isn't as important for the assigned number compared to OD:
OD -- maximum number assigned
OD10 795
OD9.8 750(?)
OD8.4 720(?)
OD8 712(?)
OD7 685(?)

Actual pattern difficulty doesn't even matter(X-Encounter is confirmed to be sub-770).
Roxy Lalonde
Can we get formal definitions on what these mean?

I can't make out anything of how these are calculated when I have the same scores for each attribute.

While this isn't supposed to be based on PP I'd like to point out that pp is far more accurate than looking at a select top map rankings (because not everyone has top map rankings, and certain maps are far harder to get top rankings than others just by popularity rather than actual difficulty).

edit:

and also...

neko cookies
Ahhhhh this is looking pretty good so far :3c itll be good to use after the OWC is through though :>
Topic Starter
Kert

Proph Nobster wrote:

Can we get formal definitions on what these mean?
Check main page
IOException_old
Is this open source?
abraker

IOException wrote:

Is this open source?
Not at the moment
Remyria
Will you add the 3 others modes (Even if for them, it would be different)?
Riana
does it take some time update top 100 rank info?
i don't have any top rank record.
so i made some with latest ranked maps, but if i search my nickname, i see 'no scores in top 100'.
Topic Starter
Kert

Remyria wrote:

I am not proficient at other mods at all. Can't promise anything

Zisa wrote:

does it take some time update top 100 rank info?
i don't have any top rank record.
so i made some with latest ranked maps, but if i search my nickname, i see 'no scores in top 100'.
It's not automated yet. Please, wait for the next update to come
Professor Prinny

Kert wrote:

Remyria wrote:

I am not proficient at other mods at all. Can't promise anything

Even if you aren't proficient in the other mods, couldn't you discuss it with people who are?
Topic Starter
Kert

Professor Prinny wrote:

Even if you aren't proficient in the other mods, couldn't you discuss it with people who are?
Everyone can suggest stuff here in this thread
Endaris
Based on what I wrote in my earlier post I suggest the following:
Right now it looks like you're checking OD first and rhythmical complexity after(if at all). Worst case would be if you just check amount of circles vs. amount of sliders.
In my opinion you should try and figure out some difficulty for rhythmic patterns and factor in speed and OD based on how difficult the pattern actually is.
This would fix the issue of rhythmically very easy maps with high OD(esp Easy and Normaldiffs with DTHR) being overweight in terms of accuracy while it would push actually difficult maps up as the OD would be worth more.
Topic Starter
Kert

Endaris wrote:

Based on what I wrote in my earlier post I suggest the following:
Right now it looks like you're checking OD first and rhythmical complexity after(if at all). Worst case would be if you just check amount of circles vs. amount of sliders.
In my opinion you should try and figure out some difficulty for rhythmic patterns and factor in speed and OD based on how difficult the pattern actually is.
This would fix the issue of rhythmically very easy maps with high OD(esp Easy and Normaldiffs with DTHR) being overweight in terms of accuracy while it would push actually difficult maps up as the OD would be worth more.
Don't worry we're updating accuracy hopefully at the end of this week
Kyozoru
Does it Really calculate your profile?
Topic Starter
Kert
Yes.

Meanwhile we got a new update!

- Added user top PP scores
- Versus mode
- New Accuracy algorithm
- Some scaling tweaks
- Cosmetic changes