forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sync
Interesting concept. Is it usable or testable yet?
TicClick
сделай тоггл, чтобы делил на двадцать
Diony
Would be awesome if executed properly.
Topic Starter
Kert

Sync wrote:

Interesting concept. Is it usable or testable yet?
I'll try to make a test app by using existing top50 scores or something like that.
It should be available next week I hope.
Reiko
gl on this! If its done well it can become quite usefull for me and others as well. :)
Setsuna
Cool concept! Quick question, do the graphs scale in proportionate to the player's rank? For example, what if I were to FC a stream map that is only regarded as 5.1 stars while my friend streams a map that is regarded as 6.4 stars. If we were to both have 99%~ish accuracy and a full combo, would we both have (I'm just putting in a random number here) 700 tenacity/stamina or will he have a higher score since it was a harder map?
Topic Starter
Kert
Really depends on the streams. For longer/faster streams you get a higher score.
In your example if he'd had misses his score could be lower than yours (obviously)

Meanwhile we're getting a website soon~~~
Multtari
Really interested in seeing what your system thinks about different players skill sets. Keep it up!
makemecool123
Nice i want to test it
PatZar
very nice concept, let's see for future
Isla-
Can't wait!
Poku
If it will be executed correctly, would be really nice and I hope we can see it someday, thanks for sharing~! :D
Topic Starter
Kert
Good news! Everything for the first release is ready finally!
Just need a bit of time getting and uploading to some hosting service.

I didn't expect to spend a whole week porting stuff to *nix D:
Topic Starter
Kert
And here's our first release!

http://osuskills.tk

I also updated the main post, don't forget to check it out~
Loneliness
Классно сделали, жду доработки :^)
Kimitakari
So it will calculate if you reach top 50?
Он только обновит мой результат если я попадут в топ 50?
Gumpy

Nelly wrote:

So it will calculate if you reach top 50?
No it uses your top 50 scores.

wow I can't read
KRZY
Interesting, perhaps add a "compare two users" function?
Topic Starter
Kert
That's totally not a bad idea hehe
Interesting concept, there is room for improvement but its fun to look at all these things.
Btw, you might wanna fix this top map cause im pretty sure its a bug of some sort, and i fear if there is one like this, theres probs more...
Keep it up!
IamBaum
This looks really nice, do you also have any plans to include more game modes in the future?
Sieg
So, it calculates only maps where I'm in top 50?
Multtari

Sieg wrote:

So, it calculates only maps where I'm in top 50?
Apparently since you can't just poop out correct values without API info from the plays which is limited to top 50.

It only seems to have calculated my very old top 50 scores but not newer ones. Bug or are the scores still being processed?
Yousei
What if it could calculate other mode...
Ciuriya
This is a nice concept, but why aren't you using /api/get_user_best from peppy's api?
It can get a player's top 100 best plays which, imo, is a much better indication of skill than top 50 scores.
Topic Starter
Kert

Multtari wrote:

It only seems to have calculated my very old top 50 scores but not newer ones. Bug or are the scores still being processed?
Currently we're using a bit dated Top 50 scores database, that is why. I'll make an updater soon

Smc wrote:

This is a nice concept, but why aren't you using /api/get_user_best from peppy's api?
It can get a player's top 100 best plays which, imo, is a much better indication of skill than top 50 scores.
Because this is not based on PP at all
I'll think about adding these results there too though
qoot8123

IamBaum wrote:

This looks really nice, do you also have any plans to include more game modes in the future?
same here. hope it will have other game modes
Flanster
>.tk

Good stuff you got goin but... how accurate can this be?
[224]Reol
how think about CTB?
im ctb user
pls call me if you want advice haha

i waiting ctb OwO
[224]Reol

how about change interface? :D
A... pentagon... line... color... *&%#
i think that... this interface seems more appropriatede
Trent
i like 224's idea for interface.
Kimitakari

224dj wrote:

how about change interface? :D
Support!
Mofu kun
having a space in your name generates an error and _ must be used.

edit: im not sure if it occurs only on first time loading of the username, but there was an error screen that showed up when i typed in my name with a space the first time.

It's working fine now with a space in it.
Endaris

224dj wrote:

I think this is a stupid idea. This kind of graphic approach only makes sense if you can assume correlations between neighbored skills and exclude the existence of correlations for non-neighbored skills.
This isn't some Pokemon-game where you can artificially push the stat for your Pokemon's coolness and where it doesn't matter that neighboring stats don't have a correlation.
And if we don't want to assume easy correlations like this we should either make it more simple or more complicated than this.

Oh no, abraker is on this *runs* :D
abraker

Endaris wrote:

Oh no, abraker is on this *runs* :D
I work behind the scenes, advising Kert so that everything makes sense as well as fix bugs here and there. It's up to Kert's final decision to use my ideas or not.
Granger
Well, it seems like Agility is about every top ranked player's best skill... Not sure what i expected.
B1rd
Rucker is better than Hvick in every attribute but aim.
Minhtam
Well, gee. Either you need to change up some of your variables or I am the most imbalanced player in the game.

Topic Starter
Kert
Don't worry, this will be tweaked appropriately
The Gambler
Can we include people that are not in the top 50?

For some reason this is what mine looks like...
show more