DQ is coming shortly don't worry
Chaoslitz

Lolparty wrote:

DQ is coming shortly don't worry
Thanks for telling me that
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

captin's Extra

Lack of a concept regarding spacing and rhythm

• The issues mentioned by Loctav have not been addressed - since it was an unsucessfully contested DQ, everything posted there must be fixed before it can proceed towards ranked status.
    The difficulty still seems artificial and lacks a concept in many aspects; There are jumps between essentially all of the objects, so there is no basic spacing the map goes back to. Emphasis for really strong beats through jumps is completely lost, as there are also jumps before weaker beats.
    The rhythm is very dense and consists of a lot of overmapped triplets and extended sliders. Similar to the jumps, those take away the emphasis of triplets and streams that really fit the music and those feel like they were artificially inserted.
    Examples for the above issue:
  1. 00:21:067 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - There are jumps between every pair of objects, even though this is not even the most intense section
  2. 00:52:371 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - All the triplets and extended sliders make the rhythm much more dense than it should be. Most of them are overmapped.
  3. 03:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This section is a build-up too the chorus with strong emphasis on the white ticks, yet there are jumps between every objects

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
Mirtrax
Yeeeey another unrank cause can't map the way it feels nice for the Mapper.
ac8129464363
where's the response to captin's post then?
byfar
the jumps at 00:21:067 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - are at best medium jumps, they aren't even that large compared to the rest of the map.. whats wrong with the jumps here? i think it accents the downbeats fine. (from player perspective)
Mylenium
From a player's perspective this beatmap is perfect ;~;
Xilver15
box
Yomura_old_1
This is bs.
auux
This is just issues according to the QATs... We need people to be experimental. There are way worse maps currently ranked, *cough* *cough* chocobo *cough* *cough*
captin1
hm
VINXIS

deetz wrote:

where's the response to captin's post then?

inb4 posts get removed cuz of "flamewar" when everyone's basicalyl saying the same thing that this is 100% bull lmoa
Epiphany

auux wrote:

This is just issues according to the QATs... We need people to be experimental. There are way worse maps currently ranked, *cough* *cough* chocobo *cough* *cough*

please dont compare VERY OLD MAPS to maps that get ranked these days, jesus christ.

sure this DQ was kinda unnessecary but your point was simply stupid.

i dont even mind anymore when all my top scores suddenly get DQ'd without a reason.
hent2222
Soon the whole qualified shall be disqualified after a few days. I cri
Winnie
That's Cute
Co0ola
OMG...
Ethel
rip my pp... thanks.
Kibbleru

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

Disqualification Notice

1. 03:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This section is a build-up too the chorus with strong emphasis on the white ticks, yet there are jumps between every objects jesus christ its almost like you didnt even listen to the song. No offense but, even a noob can tell that the song is very intense here with the huge 1/1 snares and stuff...

by the way it should be 'to'* proper grammar is important here, careful guys ;)

###M
Lolparty
I would say contest but there is no point because the QATs won't even look at it if you do. Actually why don't you just let the QATs map the whole song because regardless of who maps it, they won't let it get ranked unless it looks exactly how they want it to.
Natsu

Kibbleru wrote:

Disqualification Notice

1. 03:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This section is a build-up too the chorus with strong emphasis on the white ticks, yet there are jumps between every objects jesus christ its almost like you didnt even listen to the song. No offense but, even a noob can tell that the song is very intense here with the huge 1/1 snares and stuff...

by the way it should be 'to'* proper grammar is important here, careful guys ;)

lol, that section actually is asking to be mapped like that, totally agree with Kibbleru.
Kotori-Chan
you shouldnt change it...

For us players that jumps are perfect ;-;

you always have to try something new,,, right!?
Sivies
All my pp :(
Emonal
It's not fair to players right?

before we play the maps, we need to think about ''If the map is unqualified, I will lose the pp I gained from this map? Should I play it?''

why do we need to think of this question? Is osu! not a happy game? this map makes me confused. :(

by the way, I like all the jumps in this map
Nathan
nobody cares about your pp now stop ty
Makyu

Lolparty wrote:

I would say contest but there is no point because the QATs won't even look at it if you do. Actually why don't you just let the QATs map the whole song because regardless of who maps it, they won't let it get ranked unless it looks exactly how they want it to.
Yeah like you said.

this is getting out of control...
Alexis8
Im going to have to agree. I think the QAT Is a good thing. I think there are plenty of ranked maps that need to be reexamined because theyre garbage. The first DQ of this map wasnt the most necessary of DQs but it was understandable...then the mods decide its good enough...but then the QAT determines its still not quite perfect enough...

Seriously, there is a point at which youre not making something better, youre just making it different. As a producer that was a lesson I had to learn, at some point you have to say "its good enough" and just let someone else enjoy it.

And I think the QAT is so important that it really bothers me that you are wasting time on this. Please, there are so many maps that need to be fixed, dont fixate on tiny (nonexistent?) issues in one song thats already quite good.
Frostmourne

captin's Extra

• Examples for the above issue:
  1. 00:21:067 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - There are jumps between every pair of objects, even though this is not even the most intense section
    doesn't feel overdone according to the slider velocity used in this map, as to polish the whole map up, avoiding overlaps is needed so that could be the reasons why jumps feel overdone, but in my opinion, they are fine as captin1 did place larger jumps on more intense parts.
  2. 00:52:371 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - All the triplets and extended sliders make the rhythm much more dense than it should be. Most of them are overmapped.
    Could partially agree according to the music itself, however these built-up triples are fitting with the map itself compared with the other non-kiai parts. It becomes much more distinguished when the whole map is chaotic yet reasonable in the range that this song allows as it's an extra that is harder than the other extras.
  3. 03:08:024 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This section is a build-up too the chorus with strong emphasis on the white ticks, yet there are jumps between every objects
    I see no problems here. Fast slider velocity naturally leads to larger spacing. It artificially looks hard but it practically flows well. Having short spacings with this sv could lead to anti-climax flow, and is distracting to players.
Most reasons brought up by the QATs here make sense, but what were mapped by captin1 also make sense to me. Both sides work in their way, I hope it's requalified soon. :)
Chaoslitz

sukiNathan wrote:

nobody cares about your pp now stop ty

Even BNs and mappers haven't say anything
Spaghetti
At this point the QAT are just normalizing the maps for the sake of having things as they want it, not as the mapper does.

Go read threads from 2008, the suggestions made were more laid back and focused on what the mapper wanted. Mapping threads now in days are filled with mandatory suggestions made in the eyes of everyone but the mapper, and maps are changed to the point where half the map isn't even the mappers work anymore, just for the sake of qualification.

The point is, the QAT is making more and more poor decisions without keeping the mappers reasoning in mind, which is pretty unfair in my opinion. I've had maps butchered by mandatory suggestions to the point where I don't even see my map anymore when watching replays or looking at it in the editor, just to have it ready in the eyes of all besides my own.

These are my thoughts, _dog has a much better explanation of this current issue on one of my maps threads due to how people are starting to alter my map as well, just to make it like everyone elses and avoid different styles and ideas that many people think play well and enjoy: p/4306089

Good luck on requalification, and please contest this DQ.
Nakano Itsuki
And I thought the normalizing was from loctav and not the QATs...
auux

Kiyame wrote:

auux wrote:

please dont compare VERY OLD MAPS to maps that get ranked these days, jesus christ.

sure this DQ was kinda unnessecary but your point was simply stupid.

i dont even mind anymore when all my top scores suddenly get DQ'd without a reason.
I still find it weird when maps like that are still around but this maps is not okay because it has "some spacing inconsistencies". It's a bullshit claim because this map is fine as heck.
Monstrata
Feels like whoever did the dq this time is also part of the other asymmetry set :p. To me these reasons sound a lot more like differences in interpretation rather than actual quality issues. If qats could mod without any personal bias they'd be able to manage dq contests honestly... But from taking with ztrot, currently that is not yet foreseeable.

Also can you qats use more appropriate wording when it comes to making objective statements? Stuff like "The difficulty seems to lack..." Just make you sound uncertain, unsure... Don't use seems. or appears. And phrases like "x is completely lost"/"unreadable" overstate your intention and offend the mapper.

Both language misuse create fruction with the community :p. Please fix that.

Good luck with the set, Gaia & friends.
ithgyu
lol, I think QATs are misinterpreting what quality means, it means its of high grade, not fucking perfect, jesus christ its clearly out of hand when maps that are clearly good, but dont fit into the generic mesh that the QATs require get unranked
show more